You are not logged in.

EDDIE FIOLA "EF" BRAND BIKE MADE BY TRUE TORCH COMING SOON. VERY RAD!  RSS Feed

#26 2012-10-25 8:52pm

85mongoose
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

Re: EDDIE FIOLA "EF" BRAND BIKE MADE BY TRUE TORCH COMING SOON. VERY RAD!

This will be cool for sure

O.G.O.A.R Club- Life Member

#27 2012-10-25 9:31pm

TXBONE
Pro MemberTWENTYFOUR7EVEN
Bikes: 27

OLDSKOOLPK wrote:

22' bike?

No. It's a 20 inch wheel bike. This bike is exactly to Eddie's specs. He designed it himself with a lot of time and effort.

Stay tuned. More info to come soon.

I received some of these EF stickers which I'm pretty sure this is or if not very similar to what the head badge will look like.

I also received  a neat card that has a cool design drawn by artist "Kevin Tyler. " Not sure who that is, but this card is cool. It's a mock up of a drivers license, but its a license to ride and its Eddie back in the day. Check it out.

Here is the "EF" logo that will be very similar if not the actual head tube logo design. This picture is just about the identical size of the sticker.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee447/SEA_ELECTRIC/62E22CA2-D1D6-4E3F-995F-333CA3B8BC15-408-000000595C0F8FAA.jpg

Here is the double sided card. It's the exact size of a playing card, or a drivers license of the art work on one side and a BMX license to ride of Eddie back in the day.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee447/SEA_ELECTRIC/0EDCFD7C-4552-45FD-A0AA-8CBBB49A0F1E-408-0000005A672E2339.jpg

Last edited by TXBONE (2012-10-25 9:32pm)

I can not sit still. I have been tested for A.D.D. and A.D.H.D. and have neither. I don't need coffee, I just need a B.M.X. or surfboard to consistently ride and I'll be happy. smile
INSTAGRAM: @sean_colburn          CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS. SEARCH: 27TXBONE

[img]http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee447/SEA_ELECTRIC/Internet%20bs%20images/815a8d608e0c528b08240357ddbcb522_zpsdedf4245.jpg[/img]

#28 2012-10-25 9:42pm

Clownpuncher
Pro Member

Not many will buy it....kind of neat I guess. Not trying to act negative but let's be serious here....he's a pioneer for sure but 30 years later?  I could be wrong...

It's only original once

#29 2012-10-25 10:39pm

calismoooth
Pro MemberThe Slasher
Bikes: 103

Good stuff I'm in Sean big_smile

Needs as of 1/1/15 24" Ukai Speedlines prefer black

#30 2012-10-25 10:40pm

RidingAgain
Intermediate

["quote=Clownpuncher]Not many will buy it....kind of neat I guess. Not trying to act negative but let's be serious here....he's a pioneer for sure but 30 years later?  I could be wrong...[quote"]
Crazy you would say that considering this is a collector website with plenty of Eddie fans and many would probably love a chance to ride something that looks retro but rides newschool. Lots of other companies out there already making $ doing it because it sells.
Let's face it, many of us want to reconnect with a time when we had a great time with great friends and no grown up worries. And if buying a f/f designed by one of our icons BITD gets us any closer to that time then more power to the supplier meeting the demand! He's a little late but I think he'll be successful. I only hope he makes it with a 20.5" tt or bigger! I can't ride tiny bikes anymore!
Just look at Skyway, SE, Haro and Hutch... all making retro and tapping into a market that has a strong demand because we're all making more money than we were when we were teenagers.
Good Luck EF! Looking forward to seeing the specs on it.

#31 2012-10-25 10:56pm

Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archaeologist
For Sale: 1

Clownpuncher wrote:

Not many will buy it....kind of neat I guess. Not trying to act negative but let's be serious here....he's a pioneer for sure but 30 years later?  I could be wrong...

Just to be clear, you are wrong smile
Eddie has and continues to be an importnat ambassador to the sport. His legendary status is only rivaled by his tremendous kindness and his humbleness. He is a mensch among men. In my opinion he deserves nothing but our respect, and I for one will support this. Also, these frames will be USA made, and that is something also worth celebrating.

"Why is the hatred of Assange so intense, crossing party, and ideological lines? Perhaps it's because he showed America for what it actually is, rather than how it likes to be perceived."

#32 2012-10-25 11:21pm

daddy-o
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

Axel10 wrote:

Clownpuncher wrote:

Eddie has and continues to be an importnat ambassador to the sport. His legendary status is only rivaled by his tremendous kindness and his humbleness. He is a mensch among men. In my opinion he deserves nothing but our respect, and I for one will support this. Also, these frames will be USA made, and that is something also worth celebrating.

+1

I'm just a nobody in the world of bmx, but Eddie approached me at the last show at Whittier Narrows when I was selling some stuff. He was looking at a pair of nearly new graphite tuffs I was selling along with a bunch of new and used parts. We must have talked for a solid 15-20 minutes. He was bouncing some ideas off me especially about a new style of brakes. The only thing I remember about that part was that I seemed to have some idea he liked (have no idea what it was anymore). Again, I truly am nobody anybody knows in the bmx world other than maybe a few that know me by sight from selling and trading at shows here and there and that's about it. He just seemed like as a down to earth guy who wanted to talk bmx and where it might be headed. He valued what I had to say and it was a nice conversation. It wasn't until the last 5 minutes or so when I finally said, "You're Eddie, right?" that he introduced himself and talked a bit about coming out with a bike in the not too distant future. He had another guy that joined him at about that point who seemed to be a frame builder and likely someone well known, but not to me. So I can attest to this statement. "His legendary status is only rivaled by his tremendous kindness and his humbleness."

#33 2012-10-26 2:16am

EzDz
Expert

I wasnt much of a Fiola fan bitd.
I like that he is still active in the hobby.
Seems like a reasonable bike for a 40+ year old guy to ride.
Something with some new benefits while still feeling like an old bike.
Just what I need.

44T BMX CLUB, VIC

#34 2012-10-26 3:57am

Hot Shot
Pro Member
Bikes: 11
Website

nintendoninja wrote:

Already been done by Knight though....

Just curious,, did Knight actually sell any of those 20" Proformer at all ? How many of them were built ? According to their website, their last update on the Proformer retro project was at 8th April 2011 last year ! Furthermore, I haven't seen any of them build up so far .

ARE YOU HOT ?

#35 2012-10-26 4:11am

Clownpuncher
Pro Member

Never said he wasn't any of those things or disagreed with them. It's also irrelevant to bike sales.

George Foreman was a great boxer but I never purchased one of his grills, just saying. I hope I am wrong...

Axel10 wrote:

Clownpuncher wrote:

It's only original once

#36 2012-10-26 4:20am

SARON81
Museum Addict
Bikes: 1

Clownpuncher wrote:

Never said he wasn't any of those things or disagreed with them. It's also irrelevant to bike sales.

George Foreman was a great boxer but I never purchased one of his grills, just saying. I hope I am wrong...

But millions of others did. wink
I'm not really into new bikes, but I think it looks cool.
Any idea on a MSRP?

#37 2012-10-26 5:05am

joey1320
Museum Addict
Bikes: 3

I like the style. Good luck to him:cool:
On a sidenote, that EF logo looks horrible imho. roll

Keep Calm and Ride On!

#38 2012-10-26 5:51am

OLDSKOOLPK
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 13

monkee363 wrote:

OLDSKOOLPK wrote:

22' bike?

thats a big bike....22' is actually 22 feet.

Very cool!

whoops....tongue

I BUY ANYTHING OLD SCHOOL SE RACING! Framesets, stickers, bars, padsets, jerseys, helmets and etc! 
Always looking for NOS or MINT USED 20 inch Yellow Label Comp II and 3 tires in black and 20 inch Cycle Pro Snake belly tires in black with or without skinwall! 
I don't have any other active screen names for those who want & need to know. 

#39 2012-10-26 6:02am

mtbwrxwagon
Pro MemberHello Kitty Moderator
Bikes: 23
For Sale: 47

There you go Jon, always getting your inches and feet messed up. lol
Nice looking bike BTW. It'll be great to see some closeup shots.

[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/573/21597585772_f5a61f9b9c_z.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site RulesGuide For New MembersBecome a Pro MemberFor Sale Section Rules

#40 2012-10-26 6:03am

gaijin
Pro MemberResident Hutch Hater
Bikes: 18

Meh.  I don't really see the point.  Eddie was the only one that liked that geometry BITD.  It's cool for a booze cruiser, but those performers aren't that expensive, so why not just get an old performer if that's what you want?  If you want a new school thrasher, there are already plenty of bikes with better geometry for that.

avatar photo copyright 2012 asklite

Things I need:  Chrome MX-900s and Tech 3 (rear), 1st or 2nd gen finned Mathauser pads with original hardware.

#41 2012-10-26 6:07am

ryan71
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

It's just cool Eddie is still involved with BMX when a lot of other old icons just disappeared! Hell all most of us Museum guys never made a buck from it it's just about the love if riding !

Looking a set of Tioga Monoblock pedals. Also looking for a UFO Pro 24.

#42 2012-10-26 7:11am

Gustafa
Museum Addict
Bikes: 2
Website

I love how people pontificate if it doesnt fit "their" standards or their desires.

Its a bike Eddie designed with his name on it. Theres a place for it in the market, if you dont want one, dont buy it. Just live and let live, people.

I may look into purchasing one, who knows. Im excited to see BMX having more options nearly every month.

#43 2012-10-26 7:27am

LooseNut
Museum Addict
Website

I'll be buying one... maybe two.

It ain't a carpet queen cause ah.........    I don't have carpet.

PUNK PEGS Ambassador

#44 2012-10-26 7:28am

andycapp
Pro Member
Bikes: 14

cool

What I should have said, was nothing.

#45 2012-10-26 7:44am

BMX-Wing
Aaron O.

Since it will be a limited run.
Will any of you ride it when you get it? Or are they all going to be Carpet Queens.? tongue

#46 2012-10-26 7:45am

snotty1
Banned

RidingAgain wrote:

["quote=Clownpuncher]Not many will buy it....kind of neat I guess. Not trying to act negative but let's be serious here....he's a pioneer for sure but 30 years later?  I could be wrong...[quote"]
Crazy you would say that considering this is a collector website with plenty of Eddie fans and many would probably love a chance to ride something that looks retro but rides newschool. Lots of other companies out there already making $ doing it because it sells.
Let's face it, many of us want to reconnect with a time when we had a great time with great friends and no grown up worries. And if buying a f/f designed by one of our icons BITD gets us any closer to that time then more power to the supplier meeting the demand! He's a little late but I think he'll be successful. I only hope he makes it with a 20.5" tt or bigger! I can't ride tiny bikes anymore!
Just look at Skyway, SE, Haro and Hutch... all making retro and tapping into a market that has a strong demand because we're all making more money than we were when we were teenagers.
Good Luck EF! Looking forward to seeing the specs on it.

well no one made you grow up and get grown up responsibilities, that is a choice you made.  i know many of guys who still get that same feeling

as for this frame unless it has new geom. then leave it in the 80s with the rest of it

cool idea hoffamn already did it 20+ yeas ago

graveyard 28,29,30 tooth sprocket wanted

#47 2012-10-26 7:45am

ss6r
Pro Member
Bikes: 17

"Eddie Fiola" My childhood hero! Glad to see.... he has the available time to take away from his stuntman movie career and provide his fans with a new school option. big_smile

#48 2012-10-26 7:50am

LooseNut
Museum Addict
Website

BMX-Wing wrote:

Will any of you ride it when you get it? Or are they all going to be Carpet Queens.? tongue

100% Rider!

It ain't a carpet queen cause ah.........    I don't have carpet.

PUNK PEGS Ambassador

#49 2012-10-26 7:57am

BMX-Wing
Aaron O.

LooseNut wrote:

BMX-Wing wrote:

100% Rider!

cool Now thats what i'm talking about man. Ride that thing!

#50 2012-10-26 7:59am

oldschoolray
Expert
Website

TXBONE: What's your commission in this project ?

Last edited by oldschoolray (2012-10-26 7:59am)

Peace / Love / Happiness

Board footer

View Cart →