You are not logged in.

***MONSTER BIKE SCORE!! GT AGGRESSOR MUTANT And A Good Deed****  RSS Feed

#1 2012-10-13 7:53am

boostinB13
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

***MONSTER BIKE SCORE!! GT AGGRESSOR MUTANT And A Good Deed****

So there was a CL add with a strange description about a GT racing bike for $125. He had a pic of a performer F/F and then a pic of a complete Mach 1. Also had a pic of OGK mags and a set of Superlace wheels. I responded and a young man calls me later about the bike. He tells me it was his uncles bike that was handed down to him. He says his uncle spent a $1,000 on it back in the day.  Then tells me he is selling it so he can buy a new BMX because his 2 month old Walmart bike broke already (crank snapped). He says its just like the performer F/F in the pic and the complete is what its supposed to look like when its together. I could tell he had it wrong so I told him to send me a cell pic of it. He said somone just came to see the bike and told him he would give him $20 for it but he told the guy no thanks figuring it was worth more than that. The guy did buy the mags for $10 though mad  I got the pics and told him DO NOT sell that for $20. I asked him how old he was since I could tell he was young. Tells me he is 13 and I ask him if his parents know that he is tring to sell the bike. He says yes. So after talking with him he seemed like a really nice young man who needs a REAL BMX. I wanted to help him and after I got there and talked to him some more I deff was gonna help him. He tells me he was bullied really bad in school and this is his first year of home schooling. And all the kids in his neighborhood that he told about the home schooling were making fun of him and telling him he's not gonna learn all kinds of stuff and how to be cool. So then he tells me he is gonna show all of them and learn how to ride BMX real good. I was so impressed with is attitude. I told him don't worry about those kids. You have a great head on his shoulders and your gonna be just fine.  I asked him if he had been to Rays before and he said no but had heat about it. And has been wanting to go. So I sat with him and asked what kind of riding he wants to learn and tried to teach him some things about bikes since he is looking at buying a used BMX off CL. I explained TT lenght and the differences between street frames and race frames. I didn't want to see him end up with the wrong bike for him. So I told him to go get his mom since she hadn't come out yet. I talked with her and invited her to bring him to Rays on a Sunday BMX night and I would teach him some things on the bike after he gets a new one. She was very appreciative. So while we were standing there he says I know I probably won't get what I'm asking for but how much do you think? I asked him what his asking price was again and after he said $125 I handed him $200. His eyes lit up and his mom was very thankful. I told him to keep in touch and that I would try to help him locate a bike that wil fit him. He says that he has the Spin Tech parts that are missing at his grandmas house and will get them for me. So it was a cool score and I was glad to help the kid out. So here are the pics. It's a mix of parts. I am not sure what the fork is on it. It has nice welds and looks well made. Any info on the fork is appreciated.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr10/srpowrd/BMX%20Sales/2012-10-12220300.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr10/srpowrd/BMX%20Sales/2012-10-12215821.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr10/srpowrd/BMX%20Sales/2012-10-12220011.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr10/srpowrd/BMX%20Sales/2012-10-12215843.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr10/srpowrd/BMX%20Sales/2012-10-12215855.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr10/srpowrd/BMX%20Sales/2012-10-12215930.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr10/srpowrd/BMX%20Sales/2012-10-12220047.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr10/srpowrd/BMX%20Sales/2012-10-12220038.jpg

#2 2012-10-13 8:02am

poppa wheelie
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

Re: ***MONSTER BIKE SCORE!! GT AGGRESSOR MUTANT And A Good Deed****

smile nice rig keeping it alive.

If I didn't freestyle yesterday, I wouldn't be freestyling today.

#3 2012-10-13 8:04am

freedo
Pro MemberWhite Boy With An Afro
Bikes: 52
For Sale: 3

that is a sweeet set up

out with the new in with the old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile
mongoose decade guru, hit me up with any questions you may have
R.I.P  Autumn Pasquale. May she rest in Peace!
Instagram! @freedo70

#4 2012-10-13 8:18am

LooseNut
Museum Addict
Bikes: 1
Website

Awesome story and Aggressor! cool

It ain't a carpet queen cause ah.........    I don't have carpet.

PUNK PEGS Ambassador

#5 2012-10-13 8:50am

jsngrimm
Dyno Freak
Bikes: 3

I was looking at the same ad, glad you got to it first. really helped the kid out cool

--Current Rides--
'98 Haro Zippo
'05 DK Rage

#6 2012-10-13 8:53am

boostinB13
Pro Member

Anyone on the fork?

#7 2012-10-13 9:06am

boostinB13
Pro Member

And if anyone needs the front RL Edge wheel let me know it will be super cheap. basically just shipping. The rear is a piece of junk Tiawanese wheel

#8 2012-10-13 9:10am

DIPSOMANIAC
AdminALCOHOL YA LATER!
Bikes: 6

Very cool of you.

I'm letting the liquor do most of the thinking.....

***If you sell here take a minute to update your buyer!***
***If you buy here have some patience, this isn't Amazon, it's a hobby to most.***

#9 2012-10-13 9:29am

looptailnut
Pro MemberI luv Robk for hosting the build off

The forks appear to have a combination of Boss and CW atributes. Mainly the top bends of the forks look like the Boss stuff I've seen, but the drops look like CW stuff. With that said I'm a race guy who dabbles in freestyle up to '85

I'm 100% positive that someone with far more knowledge will chime in. wink

Lets Go Steelers, Pens, and Bucs!!!!

#10 2012-10-13 10:08am

boostinB13
Pro Member

I looked in the reference setion but there is no CW or Boss forks in there

#11 2012-10-13 1:11pm

ground2air
Expert
Bikes: 11

Nice bike! big_smile  And nice way to help the kid out!!!!!!!

Last edited by ground2air (2012-10-13 1:11pm)

"Nobody rides a bmx" I'm nobody!!!!

Looking for: My Wallet! That can't be mine, it's empty!

Ozone      Ozone       Ozone      Ozone      Ozone Evolution!!!!

#12 2012-10-13 1:21pm

boostinB13
Pro Member

looptailnut wrote:

The forks appear to have a combination of Boss and CW atributes. Mainly the top bends of the forks look like the Boss stuff I've seen, but the drops look like CW stuff. With that said I'm a race guy who dabbles in freestyle up to '85

I'm 100% positive that someone with far more knowledge will chime in. wink

Yeah they look like Boss but I didn't see any Boss bikes with welded pegs.

#13 2012-10-13 1:30pm

boostinB13
Pro Member

Can someone tell me if those are S&M P.E.G.S. on it?? I think they are mut not 100% sure..

#14 2012-10-13 9:24pm

boostinB13
Pro Member

Anyone?... Anyone?.. Buehler?... Buehler?           lol

#15 2012-10-13 10:47pm

fonzy
Centurion Member

Good job. Those $200 is an investment in making a better person which is priceless. The bike was just extra.

#16 2012-10-13 11:24pm

freshmans
Museum Addict

Great story and very nice score smile

You sure did the right thing cool

Laurent

Looking for:
90 Haro Sport frameset (or frame only)
NOS Haro Sport black and blue/black decal sets
NOS or mint 175 drive side Peregrine 1st gen crank arm
Revcore freestyle stem
White Haro HPM tires

#17 2012-10-15 1:35pm

boostinB13
Pro Member

Anyone want to chime in on the pegs and fork?

#18 2012-10-16 10:21am

Burning River
BMXer 4 Life

Rad story , I've done the same with kids and skateboarding and it feels awesome . Good things sometimes do come from Cleveland . cool

I'd say post the pegs/fork in the S&M Hoarder thread , those guys are nice and can answer for you . If I remember right , go back a page or 2 and a guy has a set of those pegs NOS , in the box and took pictures of them .

" Some may never live, but the crazy never die. "

~ Hunter S. Thompson 

#19 2012-10-16 10:34am

BMX-Wing
Aaron O.
Bikes: 23

cool

#20 2012-10-16 1:50pm

Bmxking216

cool beans i live in cleveland also i was just at rays on sunday lol

#21 2012-10-19 2:49pm

opelspyder
Centurion Member
Bikes: 9
Website

It actually had a rare set of decals put on it that just do not go...but those are the neon yellow for a black frame.  Hard to find.  Are they gloss black or matte black background?  Matte would have been aggressor, shiny would have been PFT...not that it matters now

If you want to sell a 1991 GT bicycle, do not contact me!  Okay well, maybe just hint at what you have for sale, but don't offer it to me....well if you have no other people interested....ah what the hell, I want all of them.

#22 2012-10-19 2:58pm

joey1320
Museum Addict
Bikes: 3

Glad you helped the kid out. I bet he won't forget.
If you decide to go to rays when it opens post it up so we can get a group together.

So what's the plan for the frame? You know yu got waaaayyy too many lol

Keep Calm and Ride On!

#23 2012-10-19 3:00pm

Bling! Bling!
Pro Member20% cooler
Bikes: 16

I did this so I can read it.

So there was a CL add with a strange description about a GT racing bike for $125. He had a pic of a performer F/F and then a pic of a complete Mach 1. Also had a pic of OGK mags and a set of Superlace wheels. I responded and a young man calls me later about the bike. He tells me it was his uncles bike that was handed down to him. He says his uncle spent a $1,000 on it back in the day.  Then tells me he is selling it so he can buy a new BMX because his 2 month old Walmart bike broke already (crank snapped).

He says its just like the performer F/F in the pic and the complete is what its supposed to look like when its together. I could tell he had it wrong so I told him to send me a cell pic of it. He said somone just came to see the bike and told him he would give him $20 for it but he told the guy no thanks figuring it was worth more than that. The guy did buy the mags for $10 though   I got the pics and told him DO NOT sell that for $20. I asked him how old he was since I could tell he was young. Tells me he is 13 and I ask him if his parents know that he is tring to sell the bike. He says yes. So after talking with him he seemed like a really nice young man who needs a REAL BMX.

I wanted to help him and after I got there and talked to him some more I deff was gonna help him. He tells me he was bullied really bad in school and this is his first year of home schooling. And all the kids in his neighborhood that he told about the home schooling were making fun of him and telling him he's not gonna learn all kinds of stuff and how to be cool. So then he tells me he is gonna show all of them and learn how to ride BMX real good. I was so impressed with is attitude. I told him don't worry about those kids. You have a great head on his shoulders and your gonna be just fine.  I asked him if he had been to Rays before and he said no but had heat about it. And has been wanting to go. So I sat with him and asked what kind of riding he wants to learn and tried to teach him some things about bikes since he is looking at buying a used BMX off CL.

I explained TT lenght and the differences between street frames and race frames. I didn't want to see him end up with the wrong bike for him. So I told him to go get his mom since she hadn't come out yet. I talked with her and invited her to bring him to Rays on a Sunday BMX night and I would teach him some things on the bike after he gets a new one. She was very appreciative. So while we were standing there he says I know I probably won't get what I'm asking for but how much do you think? I asked him what his asking price was again and after he said $125 I handed him $200. His eyes lit up and his mom was very thankful. I told him to keep in touch and that I would try to help him locate a bike that wil fit him.

He says that he has the Spin Tech parts that are missing at his grandmas house and will get them for me. So it was a cool score and I was glad to help the kid out. So here are the pics. It's a mix of parts. I am not sure what the fork is on it. It has nice welds and looks well made. Any info on the fork is appreciated.

You don't HAVE to build every frame and fork you own... right?

#24 2012-10-19 3:10pm

xxxzeemoneyxxx
Cocktailz and Dreamz
Bikes: 18

cool Ride! Those forks are Boss for sure the dropouts scream boss! Nice of you to help the kid out.

Cheeeeoooooooowwwww!!!!

#25 2012-10-20 6:33am

boostinB13
Pro Member

opelspyder wrote:

It actually had a rare set of decals put on it that just do not go...but those are the neon yellow for a black frame.  Hard to find.  Are they gloss black or matte black background?  Matte would have been aggressor, shiny would have been PFT...not that it matters now

the black is a matte. thanks for the info.

Board footer

View Cart →