You are not logged in.

REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

#276 2019-02-12 10:56am

WoodyboysBMX
Pro Member
From: Walker, WV
Registered: 2008-05-27
Posts: 1360
Bikes: 15
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

This just happened to me this past weekend. A friend of mine who knows I'm into Redlines sent me a message to see if I would be interested in a Redline of which someone he knows is selling. He attached a picture of it in the message which appeared to be a RL20A. I was super excited because I had a Prostyler frame set (same color) that I planned to build. He said in the message that the picture is not the actual bike. I told him regardless, I was interested. Later that day he met with the people who had the bike, and send me a dozen or so pictures of the actual bike. He knew I would be stoked, we worked out the deal, and he grabbed the bike for me. It's so clean, barely ridden, as clean as it gets if you ask me. Turns out a girl owned it since it was new in 85, and it's been in a storage unit for years.

Here is a few pictures of it:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15726/156885c62f9975b.jpeg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15726/153165c62fb90d6.jpeg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15726/153135c62fb9732.jpeg

That all said, it leaves me with a sweet frame set to sell. See picture below. I had a buyer for it, but he's in Australia, and I don't want to mess with international shipping. Be watching for a for sale ad.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15726/img_20190123_1640199995c631673f3.jpg

I'm not selling the complete. I have a set of full wraps I plan to add to it, and enjoy.

Last edited by WoodyboysBMX (2019-02-22 2:33pm)

Offline

 

#277 2019-02-22 11:49am

DarthBatman
Pro MemberBag of D, from K
From: Derby, KS
Registered: 2012-10-29
Posts: 5466
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

WoodyboysBMX wrote:

This just happened to me this past weekend. A friend of mine who knows I'm into Redlines sent me a message to see if I would be interested in a Redline of which someone he knows is selling. He attached a picture of it in the message which appeared to be a RL20A. I was super excited because I had a Prostyler frame set (same color) that I planned to build. He said in the message that the picture is not the actual bike. I told him regardless, I was interested. Later that day he met with the people who had the bike, and send me a dozen or so pictures of the actual bike. He knew I would be stoked, we worked out the deal, and he grabbed the bike for me. It's so clean, barely ridden, as clean as it gets if you ask me. Turns out a girl owned it since it was new in 85, and it's been in a storage unit for years.

Here is a few pictures of it:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 9975b.jpeg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b90d6.jpeg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b9732.jpeg

That all said, it leaves me with a sweet frame set to sell. See picture below. I had a buyer for it, but he's in Australia, and I don't want to mess with international shipping. Be watching for a for sale ad.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 1673f3.jpg

I not selling the complete. I have a set of full wraps I plan to add to it, and enjoy.

Man, that thing is sick.  i saw it posted up for sale and it's a 20 and not a 20a to boot!  TOTAL score.  and that color is awesome.  that's one super clean OG RL dude.


I have excellent news for the world: there's no such thing as new wave...

Offline

 

#278 2019-03-12 9:11pm

CharlesBGHS
Museum Newbie
From: Portland OR
Registered: 2017-08-05
Posts: 8
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

I just purchased this bike as a complete in New Zealand for $750nzd (around 500 USD) with peregrine 48s. Originally bought it for the rims and was gonna resell but it is so damn nice to ride it's a keeper!
Will probably try and track down original forks and might re decal to 85 decals (I prefer them) but for now I'm just gonna enjoy riding it.

Offline

 

#279 2019-07-29 8:45pm

DarthBatman
Pro MemberBag of D, from K
From: Derby, KS
Registered: 2012-10-29
Posts: 5466
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/107408/f6e83753-55af-40e8-be43-a9aa0d17036f5d3fbd33c5.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/107408/0ab4058e-49ab-4c79-b377-b9ff5a5ec8775d3fbd5c9f.jpeg


I have excellent news for the world: there's no such thing as new wave...

Offline

 

#280 2019-07-30 3:45am

jriedmiller
Pro Member
From: Cincinnati, OH
Registered: 2013-03-29
Posts: 4474
Bikes: 22
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread


Buying high and selling low for decades!

Offline

 

#281 2019-07-30 8:57am

DarthBatman
Pro MemberBag of D, from K
From: Derby, KS
Registered: 2012-10-29
Posts: 5466
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

Thanks man. I need to break it out.  Been busy since I got it.
The rear mags pretty dang cool.  Freewheel/coaster action.  Let the funess begin.


I have excellent news for the world: there's no such thing as new wave...

Offline

 

#282 2020-08-03 4:05pm

00_Duck
Pro Member
From: Lee's Summit, Missouri
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 3431
Bikes: 14
For Sale: 10
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

Anyone have a good source for proper decal sets for the prostylers?


I get this question often so here it is to save everyone time. I do not have any Mongoose DMC decals left. I was lucky enough to find a small bunch of NOS decal sets in an old bike shop that no longer exists and I have since sold them all. Sorry. I wish you all the best of luck with your DMC builds.

Offline

 

#283 2020-08-04 12:37am

Redline69
Pro Member
From: Cypress, TX
Registered: 2010-07-01
Posts: 1133
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 5
Offline

Offline

 

#284 2020-08-04 12:39am

Redline69
Pro Member
From: Cypress, TX
Registered: 2010-07-01
Posts: 1133
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 5
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

00_Duck wrote:

Anyone have a good source for proper decal sets for the prostylers?

Ajk was the place for decals, but since he’s getting out of the business I have no idea.

Offline

 

#285 2020-08-04 10:04am

00_Duck
Pro Member
From: Lee's Summit, Missouri
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 3431
Bikes: 14
For Sale: 10
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

Thanks! it looks like he has a bunch left but no full sets. I did find a REDLINE decal sheet I had stashed away but it has the wrong downtube decal. AJK does not have that one. My sheet "REDLINE" is in grey instead of white. The rest on my sheet look correct though.

I think I will keep the original paint and just replace the boogered up decals.
Many of mine are peeling and flaking.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/1463/049-15f2994553a.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/1463/051-15f2994553b.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/1463/053-15f2994553c.jpg


I get this question often so here it is to save everyone time. I do not have any Mongoose DMC decals left. I was lucky enough to find a small bunch of NOS decal sets in an old bike shop that no longer exists and I have since sold them all. Sorry. I wish you all the best of luck with your DMC builds.

Offline

 

#286 2020-08-04 6:04pm

New Old Schooler
Pro Member
From: Hard Hittin.....
Registered: 2010-10-06
Posts: 4969
Bikes: 31
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

00_Duck wrote:

Thanks! it looks like he has a bunch left but no full sets. I did find a REDLINE decal sheet I had stashed away but it has the wrong downtube decal. AJK does not have that one. My sheet "REDLINE" is in grey instead of white. The rest on my sheet look correct though.

I think I will keep the original paint and just replace the boogered up decals.
Many of mine are peeling and flaking.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 94553a.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 94553b.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 94553c.jpg

They don’t look too bad, is that the worst of it?


Blue, you’re my boy!!!

YOU’RE MY BOY BLUE!!!
Thanks Capitán wink

Offline

 

#287 2020-08-04 7:09pm

00_Duck
Pro Member
From: Lee's Summit, Missouri
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 3431
Bikes: 14
For Sale: 10
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

From 15 feet away they don't look too bad, but you can still tell they are gouged. But up close, they are cracked, yellowed, faded, have peeling, boogered edges. Some decals have large pieces missing. The fork decals are gone. Chain stay decals, gone.  I'm in no terrible rush as I've had the bike for 8 years and only have disassembled it. I started putting it back together the way I thought I wanted it but got bored and took it apart and then was going to part it out. I sold the fork pegs and forklifter stem and stopped there. I then realized I still wanted it and started working on it again.


I get this question often so here it is to save everyone time. I do not have any Mongoose DMC decals left. I was lucky enough to find a small bunch of NOS decal sets in an old bike shop that no longer exists and I have since sold them all. Sorry. I wish you all the best of luck with your DMC builds.

Offline

 

#288 2020-08-04 8:38pm

New Old Schooler
Pro Member
From: Hard Hittin.....
Registered: 2010-10-06
Posts: 4969
Bikes: 31
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

00_Duck wrote:

From 15 feet away they don't look too bad, but you can still tell they are gouged. But up close, they are cracked, yellowed, faded, have peeling, boogered edges. Some decals have large pieces missing. The fork decals are gone. Chain stay decals, gone.  I'm in no terrible rush as I've had the bike for 8 years and only have disassembled it. I started putting it back together the way I thought I wanted it but got bored and took it apart and then was going to part it out. I sold the fork pegs and forklifter stem and stopped there. I then realized I still wanted it and started working on it again.

That’s awesome, have a lead to finally get one in my hands and hope it works out.
I’m the last person to tell anyone what to do with their rides, hope I didn’t come across as that.
Can’t wait to see the build.


Blue, you’re my boy!!!

YOU’RE MY BOY BLUE!!!
Thanks Capitán wink

Offline

 

#289 2020-08-04 9:29pm

00_Duck
Pro Member
From: Lee's Summit, Missouri
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 3431
Bikes: 14
For Sale: 10
Offline

Re: REDLINE RL20, RL20a Prostylers Thread

It’s all good. I may change my mind 6 more times before I get it the way I want it:D


I get this question often so here it is to save everyone time. I do not have any Mongoose DMC decals left. I was lucky enough to find a small bunch of NOS decal sets in an old bike shop that no longer exists and I have since sold them all. Sorry. I wish you all the best of luck with your DMC builds.

Offline

 

Board footer