Recently Jason Kraig has been diagnosed with APL Leukemia

#51 2012-09-22 6:38am

johnnyC
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

Re: Recently Jason Kraig has been diagnosed with APL Leukemia

JKarig
Kick some cancer ass and get betterASAP.
Also, you can contact the Livestrong organization and they can help guide you through anything.  Whether its legal advice, job advice, financial concerns, counseling and references for physicians in your area.  Their network is MASSIVE and they are relentless.  They truly care.  and it cost nothing to call and ask and most of their services are free.  They are hero's in many peoples books.  Like mine.

#52 2012-09-22 9:18am

jkraig
Pro MemberLive Love Sleep BMX
Bikes: 84

johnnyC wrote:

JKarig
Also, you can contact the Livestrong organization and they can help guide you through anything.  Whether its legal advice, job advice, financial concerns, counseling and references for physicians in your area.  Their network is MASSIVE and they are relentless.  They truly care.  and it cost nothing to call and ask and most of their services are free.  They are hero's in many peoples books.  Like mine.

Thank you. I hadn't even thought of them.

Wanted: OURY grip jersey patch

****  Friends don't let friends ride Moosegoose's ****

#53 2012-09-22 10:18am

oldschoolray
Expert
Website

Get well and hang in there ..... We're all with you cool

Peace / Love / Happiness

#54 2012-09-22 10:38am

jkraig

Thank you to all that have donated. That is very kind of you. It is much appreciated, and will greatly help out!!

Jason

#55 2012-09-22 5:59pm

Clownpuncher
Expert

Jason, Kerry here. I always thought you were kind of a DlCK. I'm sure you thought the same of me. I'm saddened to hear of this. I can only imagine what you and your family are going through.  This hits home and I'm pulling for you man. I'm certain you'll be okay. PayPal coming, good luck

It's only original once

#56 2012-09-22 7:06pm

jkraig

Clownpuncher wrote:

Jason, Kerry here. I always thought you were kind of a DlCK. I'm sure you thought the same of me. I'm saddened to hear of this. I can only imagine what you and your family are going through.  This hits home and I'm pulling for you man. I'm certain you'll be okay. PayPal coming, good luck

Not everyone see things eye to eye all the time. You were always a little harsh on the new guys at Vintage, but I just let it roll off my back. Thank you for the support, I really appreciate it.

#57 2012-09-22 7:13pm

Oldays
Centurion Member

Prayers to You and Your Family....

I like BMX bikes.

#58 2012-09-22 7:23pm

dts123
Pro Member
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 2

jkraig wrote:

johnnyC wrote:

JKarig

Definitely a good resource. 

And if you just have questions just ask. My wife works at a hospital and I see docs all the time.
Your stats look good by the way.
Keep the positive attitude. Personally I think that is a big part of recovery.

Was Looking for an RL20ii...Was looking for a master or sport.  Now looking for a Trickstar.

#59 2012-09-22 7:32pm

jkraig

dts123 wrote:

jkraig wrote:

johnnyC wrote:

JKarig

Definitely a good resource. 

And if you just have questions just ask. My wife works at a hospital and I see docs all the time.
Your stats look good by the way.
Keep the positive attitude. Personally I think that is a big part of recovery.

Thank you. We will be contacting them on Monday. We just got another bill for $74,000 today, that maybe they can help with. smile $130k in bills so far and $13k a month for my meds. With 3 more months of chemo, I am guessing we will be close to $250k, and the meds have to continue for 2 years.

Last edited by jkraig (2012-09-22 7:35pm)

#60 2012-09-23 1:40pm

jkraig

#61 2012-09-24 10:15pm

jkraig

Well chemo starts up again tomorrow through the end of the week. I also get the results from my bone marrow test from last week. I am hoping things are looking good. Fingers crossed!!!

#62 2012-09-25 12:03pm

badmofo
Museum Addict
Bikes: 16
Website

Hoping for the best for you bro.  BTW, Happy Birthday!  big_smile
I meant to ask you, Are you taking Sprycel?

Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Ezekiel 25:17 ~ "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men....."

#63 2012-09-25 3:19pm

jkraig

Sprycel??  I am taking Idarubicin (drip chemo), ATRA (oral chemo), and about 8 other pills including 2 shots a day in the stomach.

Acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) medicines may include all-trans-retinoic acid (ATRA) and chemotherapy with arsenic trioxide, idarubicin, or daunorubicin. ATRA also helps control the risk of life-threatening bleeding from disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC).

Chemotherapy is the standard treatment for many types of leukemia. Even when a cure is not possible, chemotherapy may help you live longer and feel better.

Chemotherapy for leukemia is usually a combination of drugs. This is because different drugs attack leukemia cells in different ways. The combination also helps keep the leukemia cells from becoming resistant to any one drug. Other drugs used to treat leukemia help prevent infection and help your body grow new blood cells (such as epoetin and hematopoietic stimulants).

Nausea and vomiting are the most common side effects of chemotherapy for leukemia. But having chemotherapy does not mean that you have to suffer with nausea and vomiting. Your doctor may prescribe medicines to control nausea and vomiting.

Last edited by jkraig (2012-09-25 3:24pm)

#64 2012-09-25 3:20pm

jkraig

Just got back from my chemotherapy and meeting with my doctor. The test results from my bone marrow biopsy from last week look good. The test shows no Leukemia with the test. The big test that shows if it is in full remission will be in December, just in time to starts 2013 Leukemia FREE!! big_smile

#65 2012-09-25 3:29pm

badmofo
Museum Addict
Bikes: 16
Website

Great news!  cool

Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Ezekiel 25:17 ~ "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men....."

#66 2012-09-25 3:49pm

kawittwer
Intermediate
Bikes: 14

Holy smokes...  my uncle was diagnosed with leukemia this year too...  he is also doing great and he had it BAD...  so we know that Jason will do just fine!

Hang in there buddy and keep up with the treatments because I know for certain that they drag you down hard.

Paypal on the next paycheck brother!

Kent

#67 2012-09-26 11:42am

maximum85
!!!The Sales Man!!! "1000 CLUB"
Bikes: 2

smile

#68 2012-09-26 8:04pm

Johnnny
Pro MemberI prefer Sockeye to be honest....
Bikes: 19
Website

jkraig wrote:

Just got back from my chemotherapy and meeting with my doctor. The test results from my bone marrow biopsy from last week look good. The test shows no Leukemia with the test. The big test that shows if it is in full remission will be in December, just in time to starts 2013 Leukemia FREE!! big_smile

Awesome news. So glad to hear it bro. Hang in there. cool

Born again. Mom has a strong uterus.

#69 2012-09-26 8:10pm

Iceman
Pro MemberSEAT GUT IDIOT
Bikes: 2

cool

neither was any thing ells are government gave away simi free. that's why this country's broke and six trillion dollars in det already.

so what if they make the hole a little more deeper hole. ether way were screwed. but for now some are kinda happy.

#70 2012-09-26 8:30pm

Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archaeologist
For Sale: 7

Awesome! Totally awesome!

I deleted my Twitter, facebook, instagram and linkedin. It increased my quality of life.

#71 2012-09-26 8:34pm

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP
Bikes: 24

smile

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#72 2012-09-27 7:08pm

jkraig

Tomorrow is my last day of chemo for the month of September!!! Now I just have to go in twice a week for blood tests. Chemo will start up again the 3rd week of October and will only be for 3 days. November will be 2 days, and then December is the big test to see if everything is in full remission.

#73 2012-09-27 7:22pm

ivegotabike
BMX FREEDOM VESSEL
Bikes: 14
Website

Good to hear! My dad is a cancer survivor, stay positive, surround yourself with family.

My next bike will be my LAST one.

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
Hunter S. Thompson

#74 2012-09-27 7:27pm

JKelley
Intermediate
Bikes: 5

Good luck JKraig, my mother has beat cancer not once but twice (cervical and breast cancer) with chemo both times in the last decade. I'm thankful she is such a strong survivor and i will keep you in my thoughts and pray for a great new year for you in 2013!

#75 2012-09-28 6:45am

dts123
Pro Member
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 2

hey JKraig
I met with my Surgical Oncologist today for my quarterly check up.  Gave me the all clear and moved me to 6 months. 1 year 6 months this month cancer free buddy. You can do it.   Althought i will miss the comfort of hearing I look ok every 3 months, its a good feeling to hear him tell me he was moving me to every 6 months.  Keep up the good work, we are all cheering for your quick recovery.

Was Looking for an RL20ii...Was looking for a master or sport.  Now looking for a Trickstar.

Board footer