You are not logged in.

Recently Jason Kraig has been diagnosed with APL Leukemia  RSS Feed

#426 2014-08-23 4:25pm

jkraig
Pro MemberLive Love Sleep BMX
Bikes: 82
For Sale: 1

Re: Recently Jason Kraig has been diagnosed with APL Leukemia

My buddy took me steelhead fishing today. Landed two of them. 8 & 9 pounders!! big_smile

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/jkraig/Steelhead82314_zps6426accf.jpg

Wanted: OURY grip jersey patch

****  Friends don't let friends ride Moosegoose's ****

#427 2014-08-24 8:13am

turdburd
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

Good looking catch.  It's nice to see you enjoying your  getaway and take care.smile

Aba Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123

#428 2014-09-01 11:49am

jkraig

turdburd wrote:

Good looking catch.  It's nice to see you enjoying your  getaway and take care.smile

big_smile

#429 2014-12-05 12:54pm

jkraig

Sorry guys its been a while since a good update. Things haven't been going real well for me. As you know my father passed away from cancer and we took him to Colorado in September to spread his ashes. Shortly after that I had a seizure which they think was caused from removing my brain tumor and it settling back into place, the seizure was so bad I fractured a disc in my back. While I was recovering from that I fractured my hip getting out of the car when I slipped on some wet concrete. sad . A few months back I was diagnosed with Osteopenia which is a deterioration of the bones. In my case it was cause by my chemotherapy, and now has aged my bones to an 80 year old man in parts of my body. Mainly my spine and lower hip area. Other than all this crap, it has been tough staying positive, but I have been doing the best I can. My back is healed up and feeling good, I am off crutches now and walking around, but the loss of my father is not getting any easier. Thanksgiving was a tough holiday without him, and Christmas will be even harder.

Again, I want to thank all of you for hanging with me and for all of your support the past few years. It has meant allot to me.

Jason

#430 2014-12-05 12:56pm

severed701
Pro Member

Never easy losing a parent and I can only imagine how much more difficult it would be with other issues going on as well. Props to you for not giving up, that's half the battle I think.

Recovering Haro hoarder.

#431 2014-12-05 2:51pm

jkraig

severed701 wrote:

Never easy losing a parent and I can only imagine how much more difficult it would be with other issues going on as well. Props to you for not giving up, that's half the battle I think.

big_smile Thank you!!

#432 2014-12-05 4:07pm

unfit4society
beehive neck
Bikes: 6
Website

You are in my thoughts man. Much love to you & your family.

Please help my Nephew if you can, check my website space.

#433 2014-12-05 5:16pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop
Bikes: 20

I hope you know that your fighting spirit is an inspiration for all of us, Jason.  We are behind you 110%, brother!

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- -- King of Qin, Hero

#434 2014-12-07 8:47pm

Nachoman3
Pro MemberAlbany Fool!!!
Bikes: 15

Praying for you, man.

Butch

#435 2014-12-08 12:23pm

dts123
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

I feel ya man. I lost my uncle to cancer about a year now.  We have thanksgiving at his house yearly and it was odd not hearing his laugh and dirty jokes.  "hey Dave is that your wife? cause she looks different than the girl you brought over to the pool this summer". It was a given that comment would be said every time I come over.  I Would say, Hey Dick (richard) that jokes getting old.. But now, I miss that joke.
Time heals man. time heals.  The loss never goes away.  Just remember and laugh at the jokes and good times you had. 
He used to have one too many and sign an old song thats stuck in my head forever.  Now I sing it when I have a few with my cousins and it makes them laugh.  Cause I cant' sing.. 
Get well bud..

Was Looking for an RL20ii...Was looking for a master or sport.  Now looking for a Trickstar.

#436 2014-12-08 11:44pm

jkraig

dts123 wrote:

I feel ya man. I lost my uncle to cancer about a year now.  We have thanksgiving at his house yearly and it was odd not hearing his laugh and dirty jokes.  "hey Dave is that your wife? cause she looks different than the girl you brought over to the pool this summer". It was a given that comment would be said every time I come over.  I Would say, Hey Dick (richard) that jokes getting old.. But now, I miss that joke.
Time heals man. time heals.  The loss never goes away.  Just remember and laugh at the jokes and good times you had. 
He used to have one too many and sign an old song thats stuck in my head forever.  Now I sing it when I have a few with my cousins and it makes them laugh.  Cause I cant' sing.. 
Get well bud..

I know what you mean. It was tough with my dad not there this year. With his chair empty at the head of the table. sad

#437 2015-01-18 12:09pm

dts123
Pro Member

JKraig. 4 years for me next month buddy.  Had chest/ab/pelvic CT done Wednesday.  Dr called me today. Yes Sunday of all days. Scared the shit out of me. But called to tell me my scans were all clear and see me in 6 months.
Love my dr.  He knew I was stressing.  Had some crazy abdominal pains going on but says it's all in my head or gas. Haha.
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family buddy.  Positive vibes your way.

Was Looking for an RL20ii...Was looking for a master or sport.  Now looking for a Trickstar.

#438 2015-01-18 5:02pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

dts123 wrote:

JKraig. 4 years for me next month buddy.  Had chest/ab/pelvic CT done Wednesday.  Dr called me today. Yes Sunday of all days. Scared the shit out of me. But called to tell me my scans were all clear and see me in 6 months.
Love my dr.  He knew I was stressing.  Had some crazy abdominal pains going on but says it's all in my head or gas. Haha.
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family buddy.  Positive vibes your way.

Good to hear.  Now, it's time to lay on your belly! lol

Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- -- King of Qin, Hero

#439 2015-01-19 1:38pm

jkraig

I’m sitting here and the little box on my computer screen says “What’s on your mind?” I start to think and emotions pour through my body. The past 2.5 years of my life have been a roller coaster and mixed with emotions. Anger, hate, love, pain, and disbelief. My cancer battle has been nothing but misery, and the loss of my father 6 months ago was devastating for me. I stay positive each day for myself and my family, but it is difficult at times. Very difficult. If you have never gone through something like this, you can never truly understand how your world is turned upside down. People all the time say to me, “Oh I understand, or “I know what you are going through”. Really? Do your medications cost you $13,000 a month? Are your medical bills up to $3,000,000? Have you had to sell the clothes hanging in your closet to feed your family? I didn't think so!!! These people don’t have a clue. I know they are just trying to make me feel better, but it would be so much easier if they just said “Hang in there!” You all know me. I am a tough SOB. The only way I am going down is with a fight, and this fight is NOT going to win. I have too much to live for, and too much I want to do with my life.
So, the next time the little box pops up and says “What’s on your mind?” what are you going to say?

#440 2015-02-11 8:30pm

jkraig

Time for an update.

I have been feeling pretty good lately.. I have had some good energy, and it had given me the strength to dabble again in BMX!!! I have been refinishing some parts and just got started working on my Bassett cruiser. I ordered the last piece i needed today to complete it (bottom bracket), which I have needed for about 2 months now. It sure feels good to be piddling with the bikes again. big_smile

#441 2015-02-11 8:38pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

jkraig wrote:

Time for an update.

I have been feeling pretty good lately.. I have had some good energy, and it had given me the strength to dabble again in BMX!!! I have been refinishing some parts and just got started working on my Bassett cruiser. I ordered the last piece i needed today to complete it (bottom bracket), which I have needed for about 2 months now. It sure feels good to be piddling with the bikes again. big_smile

Good to hear, Jason!

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#442 2015-02-11 10:20pm

jkraig

big_smilebig_smile

#443 2015-02-12 1:52pm

MotoMagMatt
"Old School or No School"
Bikes: 13
Website

Very cool. Hope all is well.  cool

I'm always looking for early Mongoose frames with the lower gusset, 75-76 or early 77. And anything Ashtabula!!!
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR OG SCRAMBLERS.
SEARCHING FOR A PRE-1983 SCHWINN SCRAMBLER THAT WAS PURCHASED FROM THE OUTDOOR STORE IN RED WING,MN THAT STILL HAS THE OUTDOOR STORE STICKER ON IT. ANY COLOR COMBO WILL DO.

#444 2015-02-24 1:44pm

sweetchi
Pro Member
For Sale: 3

Prayers for you and your family, One Day At A Time my friend!!!

"Sorry folks, Parks closed. The moose out front should have told ya"
"Were on a mission from God"
"The two most important days of your life are, the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain

#445 2015-02-24 6:51pm

jkraig

sweetchi wrote:

Prayers for you and your family, One Day At A Time my friend!!!

Thank you!! big_smile

#446 2015-07-14 4:50am

KoolAidMan
Neomaxizoomdweebie
Bikes: 4

Jason, how are you feeling?

The clock struck two, I shot my goo...

#447 2015-07-18 10:41am

jkraig

KoolAidMan wrote:

Jason, how are you feeling?

Actually the best I have felt in 3 years. I just had a bone marrow biopsy 2 weeks ago and waiting on results, but i feel the body is healing. It has been a long road, and I cannot reach my destination! big_smile I meet with the surgeon who removed my brain tumor on the 24th. I am having some issues with memory, and just some overall slowness in my thinking.

Thank you for checking in! big_smile

Jason

#448 2015-07-18 7:48pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

cool

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#449 2015-07-19 5:59am

MotoMagMatt
"Old School or No School"
Bikes: 13
Website

cool

I'm always looking for early Mongoose frames with the lower gusset, 75-76 or early 77. And anything Ashtabula!!!
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR OG SCRAMBLERS.
SEARCHING FOR A PRE-1983 SCHWINN SCRAMBLER THAT WAS PURCHASED FROM THE OUTDOOR STORE IN RED WING,MN THAT STILL HAS THE OUTDOOR STORE STICKER ON IT. ANY COLOR COMBO WILL DO.

#450 2015-07-19 6:16am

troynlori
Moderator"Pedal Peddler"
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 78

That sounds great!

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

Board footer

View Cart →