You are not logged in.

Skyway 24" Builds thread..  RSS Feed

#51 2012-08-16 11:08pm

squirrelsmith
Pro MemberLoves Naked Animated Girls!
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 1

Re: Skyway 24" Builds thread..

i dont get why they made them new school. lets see whats the one thing we could do to this release that would really let down all the guys that want one tongue

ya'll wanna see a dead body?

#52 2012-08-16 11:53pm

glynnyboy
Centurion Member
Bikes: 13

squirrelsmith wrote:

i dont get why they made them new school. lets see whats the one thing we could do to this release that would really let down all the guys that want one tongue

I'm with you there.
The market research headed toward this been the right move though apparently.
Im still looking forward to mine arriving though. cool

#53 2012-08-17 3:43am

BabyCino
Centurion Member
Bikes: 16

Looks great bones  big_smile  ...how does it ride?

"Supergoose is storming, burning up the track, mongoose flying, no turning back..."

#54 2012-08-17 5:39am

coloredtuffs
Pro MemberPlanetBMX
Bikes: 32
Website

squirrelsmith wrote:

So we could actually ride the bike! Let's face it, cruiser geometry back in the 80's wasn't that great. If you crossed up going over a jump on an old school cruiser, did the front tire ever hit the front of your sneaker?
Also, caliper brakes are 70's technology. Why not use a brake system that is superior to that?!
Euro BB's don't allow cups to be installed slightly crooked, causing drag and friction on the spindle and bearings.
There is a reason why BMX geometry and parts have evolved....

-Ed Ferri / PlanetBMX.com
Authorized dealer for: Haro, SE Racing, Skyway, Subrosa, MCS, Sunday, Cult, Stranger, Premium & Fairdale Bicycles, and Odyssey, Demolition, Shadow Conspiracy, Primo, Premium, Redline, Profile, Cult, Proper, Colony, Answer BMX parts and accessories!
We'll match or beat any other bike shop's price!

#55 2012-08-17 6:13am

ryan71
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

coloredtuffs wrote:

squirrelsmith wrote:

So we could actually ride the bike! Let's face it, cruiser geometry back in the 80's wasn't that great. If you crossed up going over a jump on an old school cruiser, did the front tire ever hit the front of your sneaker?
Also, caliper brakes are 70's technology. Why not use a brake system that is superior to that?!
Euro BB's don't allow cups to be installed slightly crooked, causing drag and friction on the spindle and bearings.

Agreed Ed! I love to see a great OG bike but when it comes to riding the newer tech is just better and smoother! I thought my 24 Quad was going to be junk at first I bet I've put 300 miles on that thing in a year riding to work rides on here I dirt jump it that thing is tough and I'm built like a linebacker!

Looking a set of Tioga Monoblock pedals. Also looking for a UFO Pro 24.

#56 2012-08-17 6:14am

ryan71
Pro Member

p.s. can't wait for my Skyway to get here give the Quad a rest!

Looking a set of Tioga Monoblock pedals. Also looking for a UFO Pro 24.

#57 2012-08-17 6:24am

alexanderrw
Pro Member
Bikes: 11

coloredtuffs wrote:

squirrelsmith wrote:

+1 cool

"Semper Fidelis!"

"Home Of The Free, Because Of The Brave!"

"Always Say You Did Rather Than You Wish You Had!"

Freestylin' In Fitchburg, MA & Racing At The Former Lakeview BMX Race Track In Lunenburg, MA In The '80's

#58 2012-08-17 8:43am

bones977
"RAD JUNKIE"
Bikes: 15

Just wait until you guys ride it. You'll see why. Can't wait for thread to start filling up with builds.

RAD IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE ON AN OFFICIAL DVD!!!! Don't be fooled..
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/mongoose-logo1.jpg[/img][img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/skyway-logo.jpg[/img]

#59 2012-08-17 5:18pm

coloredtuffs
Pro MemberPlanetBMX
Website

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z49/coloredtuffs/SKYWAYTA24XL9.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z49/coloredtuffs/SKYWAYTA24XL2.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z49/coloredtuffs/SKYWAYTA24XL5.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z49/coloredtuffs/SKYWAYTA24XL4.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z49/coloredtuffs/SKYWAYTA24XL3.jpg
My favorite bike this week!!  big_smile

Authorized dealer for: Haro, SE Racing, Skyway, Subrosa, MCS, Sunday, Cult, Stranger, Premium & Fairdale Bicycles, and Odyssey, Demolition, Shadow Conspiracy, Primo, Premium, Redline, Profile, Cult, Proper, Colony, Answer BMX parts and accessories!

#61 2012-08-17 5:31pm

bones977
"RAD JUNKIE"

Beauty. Ok now same parts all in blue. tongue

[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/mongoose-logo1.jpg[/img][img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/skyway-logo.jpg[/img]

#62 2012-08-17 5:32pm

coloredtuffs
Pro MemberPlanetBMX
Website

Those are Duro's on that right now.  I didn't have the Cheng Shins in yet when I built this one!  The Cheng Shins do look "crisper"....

#63 2012-08-17 5:35pm

tazzman72
Centurion Member
Bikes: 1

coloredtuffs wrote:

Those are Duro's on that right now.  I didn't have the Cheng Shins in yet when I built this one!  The Cheng Shins do look "crisper"....

I"m thinking about ordering a pair of the cheng shins.how does it ride with 24 x 1.75 on the front.I have always used 24 x 1.85 and higher on the front

#64 2012-08-17 6:19pm

squirrelsmith

coloredtuffs wrote:

squirrelsmith wrote:

those are all really great reasons but nobody buying these cares about those things

#65 2012-08-17 6:20pm

squirrelsmith

#67 2012-08-17 6:33pm

Capt. Nemo
SE Racing Addict
Bikes: 49

squirrelsmith wrote:

coloredtuffs wrote:

squirrelsmith wrote:

those are all really great reasons but nobody buying these cares about those things

Actually, you are wrong.

I think plenty of people care, I know I do.

This bike will see the park, track, trails, and whatever else I can throw at it.

How many framesets got pre-ordered? Over 750? And NONE of those people are gonna put it through it's paces?

Pretty bold statement, and already proven wrong. roll

God, I love this place...

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us"...

And I'll look down and whisper "no".

#68 2012-08-17 6:36pm

BillThomasPLC
Go Vikings Go!
Website

squirrelsmith wrote:

coloredtuffs wrote:

squirrelsmith wrote:

Speak for yourself.roll

If its not a PitBull is just a dog.

#69 2012-08-17 7:05pm

shock6
Pro Performer

Very cool bones. It looks great, and fun to ride!   big_smile

"East side!"

#70 2012-08-17 7:25pm

magoo
Intermediate

What is the top tube length on these new frame, and if any one out there has the old top tube length on the 80's 24" SKYWAY frame would be much appreciated.

#71 2012-08-17 7:31pm

bones977
"RAD JUNKIE"

Mines already been to the skate park and the dirt jumps. smile

#72 2012-08-17 8:11pm

coloredtuffs
Pro MemberPlanetBMX
Website

magoo wrote:

What is the top tube length on these new frame, and if any one out there has the old top tube length on the 80's 24" SKYWAY frame would be much appreciated.

This one has a 22" top tube.  And... the 80's version ALSO had a 22" top tube, but with much different angles.
The 80's version was the LONGEST 24" cruiser out there.  I remember having issues keeping the rear wheel from falling off the back of some starting gates back then!

#73 2012-08-17 8:20pm

magoo
Intermediate

Cool thanks. I needed that info because I found a frame that the T/T lenght is 20" 3/4.

#74 2012-08-17 8:32pm

changachump
Pro MemberMikey likes it
Bikes: 4

bones977 wrote:

Mines already been to the skate park and the dirt jumps. smile

Pics or it didn't happen.  tongue

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/27489/ta5964a92927.jpg[/img]
A lie goes around the world in the morning while the truth is still putting it's pants on.
"Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free." - Red
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."

#75 2012-08-18 2:20pm

coloredtuffs
Pro MemberPlanetBMX
Website

Board footer

View Cart →