You are not logged in.

THE MOST VALUABLE BMX IN THE WORLD  RSS Feed

#51 2012-08-19 9:39am

bmx1
Museum Newbie

Re: THE MOST VALUABLE BMX IN THE WORLD

I think the gold Redline from Redline headquarters is the most valuable for sure, first of it is factory gold plated, whereas Marcus had his done aftermarket, second it's never been sold or ridden, another words never titled per se, yep what makes the gold redline so much more important than even the RAD one is that it is  permanently on display and even if you wanted to buy it, it's the only one ever "factory" made, which makes it one of a kind .  Anyone can gold plate a hutch and obviously has been done, so another one could be done thus forcing the value down.  More than one bike was in the movie RAD.

#52 2012-08-19 10:57am

Heelz2315
Pro Member

How 'bout one of the last factory Hutch's used by Tim Judge?  smile  smile

#53 2012-08-19 3:51pm

LowUFO
Centurion Member
Bikes: 1
Website

#54 2012-08-19 3:53pm

sonikk71
Museum Addict

LowUFO wrote:

I'd be happy with this..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hutch-Pro-Star- … 41682f903f

How can that be considered a Pro Star without Aerospeeds?

Need parts for a 1985 Haro Master.
My personal Holy Grails,
1985 Haro Master complete in Neon Green / Early 80s looptail PK with Graphites / Kuwahara Exhibitionist in White

#55 2012-08-19 4:00pm

Ikilledit
Pro Member
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 2

bmx1 wrote:

I think the gold Redline from Redline headquarters is the most valuable for sure, first of it is factory gold plated, whereas Marcus had his done aftermarket, second it's never been sold or ridden, another words never titled per se, yep what makes the gold redline so much more important than even the RAD one is that it is  permanently on display and even if you wanted to buy it, it's the only one ever "factory" made, which makes it one of a kind .  Anyone can gold plate a hutch and obviously has been done, so another one could be done thus forcing the value down.  More than one bike was in the movie RAD.

^^^^WRONG^^^^^

The former owner of the bike built it in Titusville Florida and then contacted Redline and made a trade for the RAD bike...My son actually, personally and probably deliberately knocked it over when it was in frame and fork at the owners house! True story!!!!!

Just want to let everyone know, when I list something for sale PLEASE ready the description completely and follow the directions so there isn’t any issues! When members call dibs and then disappear it holds the item up for someone who is ready to purchase said item.

#56 2012-08-19 4:03pm

LowUFO
Centurion Member
Bikes: 1
Website

sonikk71 wrote:

LowUFO wrote:

I'd be happy with this..

Holy chit. I didn't notice that. Well thats a grand off, right there..

#57 2012-08-19 4:25pm

BMXKID4EVER
Pro Member
Bikes: 56

Like Most Woody's Trick Star is it for me, but what about Haney's 73 Redline Looptail...
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa171/1987gtperformer/DSC_0001-29.jpg

Last edited by BMXKID4EVER (2012-08-19 4:25pm)

#58 2012-08-19 9:17pm

king stinger
Pro Member
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 8

How about a TW Racing twin down tube bike,never seen one for sale?

Or a Nomura 24

Last edited by king stinger (2012-08-19 9:19pm)

#59 2012-08-19 10:57pm

SonicMouse
while(!asleep()){nBmxBuilt+= buildBmx();}
Bikes: 5
Website

sonikk71 wrote:

LowUFO wrote:

I'd be happy with this..

Of course. You had a choice of cranks. Just look through the ads of any magazine from back then. They would list the Pro Star with a couple crank options. No matter which cranks you picked, it was always around 630$ for the Pro Star.

GT Guy.
Looking For: Your Mom.
Who told you I was paranoid? Was it the Government?

#60 2012-08-22 4:07am

Roy Boy

Some interesting non info here.

I would have thought from a BMX history value then the Redline looptail or the STR1 are going to fetch some big $$$$$

Dont even rate bikes that were on a movie but would pay heaps for Dave Clintons Kawasaki

Depends on the buyer

#61 2012-08-22 4:44am

psycho
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

Why does everybody always say hutch pro star? How about an nos complete profile champ pro loaded w all the profile goodies. Ive seen one real deal complete og champ in 10 yrs. That bike cost just as much as pro star bitd.

If you buy from me, please leave feedback. Ill do the same for you. Then our transaction will be complete. Thank you,greg

#62 2012-08-22 7:41am

Coco

psycho wrote:

Why does everybody always say hutch pro star? How about an nos complete profile champ pro loaded w all the profile goodies. Ive seen one real deal complete og champ in 10 yrs. That bike cost just as much as pro star bitd.

Maybe some , like myself didn't even know Profile offered a complete high end bike for sale on par with a Pro Star for compenents. I think guys immediately say Pro Star because it was an off the shelf, loaded race bike right out of the box, not built up.

Last edited by Coco (2012-08-22 7:47am)

#63 2012-08-22 9:47am

80zfreak
Centurion Member

I find it interesting that the E.T. bike that sold for 10,000 was for the bike that they used for the flying scene.  I wonder how many "Elliott" bikes they actually used in the film?  I've wanted that bike since the movie came out.  The massed produced E.T . bikes were noticeably different to me even as an 8 year old kid when those bikes were sold.

#64 2012-09-20 3:32pm

red stick
Pro Member
Bikes: 43

BMX-R-US wrote:

the redline from the movie rad is the one i was talking about in the first post.....i remember him asking for 25k but the bidding went to 10k

is a first edition skyway 24inch really worth 15k..???....i suppose the cruisers are rarer than a bmx

ide still love to see what the et kuwi from the film would fetch.....does it still exist in a dusty film store room..????

et was a mutch bigger film than RAD so surely the bike from it would be far more valuable, definatly well into 5 figures

There were something like 10 -12 E.T. Kuwas built for the movie. They were all given to poor children in the area after filming.smile

#65 2012-09-20 3:57pm

77stroker2
Thread Killer
Bikes: 8

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/wakingbake/dave-hester-YUUUUUPPPP.jpg

Last edited by 77stroker2 (2012-09-20 3:58pm)

Ken=The Number 1 Poser !
Desert Storm Vet. US Navy FC2  ( 1986-1991 )

Left Old Junk ( I Mean Old School)  For New School! Love "THE DARK SIDE"!
As Craig Ferguson Would Say," I Look Forward To Your Hate Mail " !
[img]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/shitmyrompers/Modern%20Muscle%20Cars/aaf1aff9-d865-45cf-b141-8ba083757654_zps8a8fc026.jpg[/img]

#66 2012-09-20 6:23pm

esw
Museum Addict

Does it bug anyone else when someone calls a "BMX bike" a "BMX"? It's like calling a Bike a Cycle. tongue

"Check out my new Bicycle Motocross." hmm

Please ban me. Crazy you can't delete an account here. Seems like it would be a requirement of any forum. IDK...

Life it so too short to be a squishy leftist like most mods...

#67 2012-09-20 6:45pm

digilante
Centurion Member

I'm sorry, but anyone that pays $40,000 for a bicycle is a dipsh*t. The perceived value is almost irrelevant at that point, as is your bank account. When the bottom falls out, just remember that steel pays $150 a ton. It is a f*cking bike, for goodness sake. go cure cancer or something. Your ego is going to get stuck in the sprocket...oh wait, that's right...you don't even ride that thing.
About the smartest thing I heard said on the entire subject was Itson refusing to sell his oro estrella.

#68 2012-09-21 10:55am

esw
Museum Addict

digilante wrote:

I'm sorry, but anyone that pays $40,000 for a bicycle is a dipsh*t. The perceived value is almost irrelevant at that point, as is your bank account. When the bottom falls out, just remember that steel pays $150 a ton. It is a f*cking bike, for goodness sake. go cure cancer or something. Your ego is going to get stuck in the sprocket...oh wait, that's right...you don't even ride that thing.
About the smartest thing I heard said on the entire subject was Itson refusing to sell his oro estrella.

You can cure cancer for $40k!?!?!

Please ban me. Crazy you can't delete an account here. Seems like it would be a requirement of any forum. IDK...

Life it so too short to be a squishy leftist like most mods...

#69 2012-09-21 11:46am

cbr600kid
Centurion Member
Bikes: 3

digilante wrote:

I do think the market is hot right now because most of us that rode bmx bikes in the 70s and 80s are now older and perhaps trying to relive childhood. So, these bikes have very strong sentimental value and most of us can afford to pay the higher prices.  But, realistically in 50 years will people care as much about bmx bikes from the 1970s/80s?  Maybe some people will,  but there will probably not be so much demand for these things.

pigonfarm ( 172) - name on the Bay for additional feedback information.

Wanted - Redline Double Clamp Stem,  Hazard Yellow RL20ii, Red Motomags

#70 2012-09-21 12:55pm

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Bikes: 4

digilante wrote:

Not really-just a vast amount of discretionary income.  40k the that person is couch change and if the bottom fell out he/she wouldn't care a bit.  If you wanna really get upset check out vintage hot-wheels-makes vintage bmx look like child's play considering the relative size of the collectible.  A single car can fetch over 50k.

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls ????

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#71 2012-09-21 12:56pm

BMX-R-US
Centurion Member

well comics became collectable to 40 somethings in the 1960s that were reminising about their youth...and now they have a momentum of their own with 1st edition of action comics being worth $7,000,000 dollars for a mint copy............if one existed in mint condition

but even so who knows where the prices could go if they turn into an investment item

#72 2012-09-21 1:01pm

XJguy
Museum Addict
Website

cbr600kid wrote:

digilante wrote:

I do think the market is hot right now because most of us that rode bmx bikes in the 70s and 80s are now older and perhaps trying to relive childhood. So, these bikes have very strong sentimental value and most of us can afford to pay the higher prices.  But, realistically in 50 years will people care as much about bmx bikes from the 1970s/80s?  Maybe some people will,  but there will probably not be so much demand for these things.

Agreed now is the hot-spot for marketing to Generation-X....look at TV shows and advertising so much is catered directly to us.

WTB Bully stem.
WTB Peregrine Super Pros, not pitted.
WTB Kuwahara freestyle stem engraved.

#73 2012-09-21 1:03pm

BMX-R-US
Centurion Member

i can imagine nos items graded and sealed into a perspex display holder just like comics, bank notes and stamps in 20 years...lol

#74 2012-09-21 1:09pm

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Bikes: 4

BMX would not be a good investment these days.

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls ????

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#75 2012-09-21 1:14pm

perroh
Expert

$20-40k offered for a bike!!!?!!

and here i am wishing I could just get a Pro Performer or Master.
sad

Craft Beer Aficionado

Board footer

View Cart →