You are not logged in.

1992 Haro Ground Master  RSS Feed

#76 2016-03-10 7:36am

chromey
Pro MemberObi-Wan Chromey
Bikes: 17

Re: 1992 Haro Ground Master

Found yet another random pic of this bike  - well, a contact sheet of photos that was taken at Woodward in 1992.

That's me in the middle doing my Stick-B holding the front tire.

The dude's head on the right is Jay Jones - an amazing flatlander from NJ - who was our "Freestyle Counselor" that week.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/7439/woodward_1992_contact_b56e1940404.jpg

Last edited by chromey (2016-03-10 7:36am)

— — — — —
"Ahhh, Home Crap Home...."

#77 2016-03-10 8:22am

JohnnyFNM
Expert
Bikes: 15
Website

Awesome Chromey!
I went to Woodward in I believe the summer of 87 (maybe 88) and Jay Jones was my instructor as well.
He was awesome! I was like 12 and in one week that dude had me doing hang 5s one handed and all kids of rolling tricks. When I got there I was all about the scuff, the bar ride, and surfing. He took me next level real fast!
He was sponsored by Kuwahara at the time and had the never before seen (at least by the eyes of anyone in Brooklyn) 87 Paint Splat Bravo Team. That was where I fell in love with that bike (and to this day it's my favorite as My Bikes page will show) and was lucky enough that the shop I went to locally was willing to give a nice trade for my beat up team master at the time (valuewise- in retrospect- I understand why).
Hope we get to ride together this summer dude.
You doing spring ride in Jersey City by chance?

#78 2016-03-10 8:31am

chromey

JohnnyFNM wrote:

Awesome Chromey!
I went to Woodward in I believe the summer of 87 (maybe 88) and Jay Jones was my instructor as well.
He was awesome! I was like 12 and in one week that dude had me doing hang 5s one handed and all kids of rolling tricks. When I got there I was all about the scuff, the bar ride, and surfing. He took me next level real fast!
He was sponsored by Kuwahara at the time and had the never before seen (at least by the eyes of anyone in Brooklyn) 87 Paint Splat Bravo Team. That was where I fell in love with that bike (and to this day it's my favorite as My Bikes page will show) and was lucky enough that the shop I went to locally was willing to give a nice trade for my beat up team master at the time (valuewise- in retrospect- I understand why).

Yeah man, Woodward always got the Kuwi riders as counselors. My first year there was 88 _ I think, and Greg Flowers (Kuwi Freestyle Team Manager) was the main guy. I'm pretty sure he designed the street area ramps.  I still have some of his Bonehead stickers on random things and tool boxes at my place. Such a throw back.  Jay was a killer rider.  Come to think of it . tjis pic might have been from 1991.   In 1992 - I think Leif Valin was our flatland instructor.  I get all my years blurred. smile

I hope to make the Jersey City ride.
What's the date this year?   I'm going to try to go to the Egg harbor Township event too. They have a big hockey rink for us all to flatland on - pretty awesome  - lots of great riders come out. I think that's in April.

— — — — —

#79 2016-03-10 8:55am

UPSMAN
Pro Member
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 17

chromey wrote:

JohnnyFNM wrote:

Awesome Chromey!

Yeah man, Woodward always got the Kuwi riders as counselors. My first year there was 88 _ I think, and Greg Flowers (Kuwi Freestyle Team Manager) was the main guy. I'm pretty sure he designed the street area ramps.  I still have some of his Bonehead stickers on random things and tool boxes at my place. Such a throw back.  Jay was a killer rider.  Come to think of it . tjis pic might have been from 1991.   In 1992 - I think Leif Valin was our flatland instructor.  I get all my years blurred. smile

What's the date this year?   I'm going to try to go to the Egg harbor Township event too. They have a big hockey rink for us all to flatland on - pretty awesome  - lots of great riders come out. I think that's in April.

Matt I think the Egg Harbor thing is April 16th this year. How sweet would it be if we could have this gorgeous weather that day as well!

If your trying to sell something don’t expect me to make YOU an offer. Come up with a price and then we go from there.

#80 2016-03-10 9:16am

polterdeal
Pro Member
Bikes: 23

chromey wrote:

JohnnyFNM wrote:

Awesome Chromey!

I'll try not to shatter my ankle at Egg Harbor this April... sum'bitch had me sidelined till like August/September last year, lol.
We'll be doing the Jersey City ride MAtt, you always got a spot in my van homie.

"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

#81 2016-03-10 9:45am

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 5

cool
I love reading stories like this.
Thanks guys!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------

#82 2016-03-10 9:46am

eightyfivegt
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

Instant fave!  I love the bike, the story and this thread! Thanks for sharing, Matt! cool

Wanted: one copy of the last issue of BMX plus magazine!
Escaped from Detroit...and lived to tell about it!
Black Widows Central Florida Faction Ambassador

#83 2016-03-10 2:26pm

chromey

polterdeal wrote:

We'll be doing the Jersey City ride MAtt, you always got a spot in my van homie.

THANKS!  That would be awesome to ride up with you guys.

— — — — —

#84 2016-03-10 6:45pm

JohnnyFNM
Expert
Bikes: 15
Website

UPSMAN wrote:

chromey wrote:

JohnnyFNM wrote:

Awesome Chromey!

Matt I think the Egg Harbor thing is April 16th this year. How sweet would it be if we could have this gorgeous weather that day as well!

I'll definitely be in JC and might swing EHT as well. Started racing in the fall after a few decades off and been wanting to go to a different track than my home one at cjbmx.... Maybe I will suck less somewhere else. Haha

#85 2016-03-11 7:02am

polterdeal
Pro Member
Bikes: 23

JohnnyFNM wrote:

UPSMAN wrote:

chromey wrote:

I'll definitely be in JC and might swing EHT as well. Started racing in the fall after a few decades off and been wanting to go to a different track than my home one at cjbmx.... Maybe I will suck less somewhere else. Haha

John, I rode the track there a couple years ago. It was killer!!! Be cool if ya made it out.

"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

#86 2017-06-22 6:49am

chromey

Been a while... Found an obnoxious pic of this old bike.

Trying my hardest to be Vanderspek! smile

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/7439/matt_air594bcac1b2.jpg

Last edited by chromey (2017-06-22 6:49am)

— — — — —

#87 2017-06-22 10:06am

chromey

And an oldie...
that time I took the Master up to NYC / Mullaly Rink to ride with Polanco...  Those were some fun ramps to ride.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/7439/matt_mulally1594bf92c65.jpg

— — — — —

#88 2017-06-23 5:58am

eightyfivegt
Pro Member

Looking good! cool

#89 2017-06-23 1:49pm

retrofreak
Pro Member
Bikes: 32

Yep I'm about to build my 92 Ground Master with 88 decals.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/18670/img_0310594d7ef1df.jpg

Last edited by retrofreak (2017-06-23 4:30pm)

#90 2017-06-23 3:46pm

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 5

Sweet pics Chromey!

Nice Master retrofreak!

I love the 92 Master!  Just had some changes done to mine, well almost done.  What do you guys think?
Got the hubs and rims to recreate the Ukai Equalizers:
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/201779/20170620_195305594d988967.jpg
Got them on the bike with the new HPF tires and new Group1 cranks:
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/201779/20170622_105134594d988a6a.jpg

More changes to come and it'll be done! big_smile

Ride on Chromey!!!!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991

#91 2018-04-29 10:48am

PBR_Streetgang
Museum Addict
Bikes: 5

i miss this bike. so many insane adventures when you were riding this thing. your dirt bowl tailwhip concussion, me knocking myself out at cheapskates, innaugural orange shirt day, suicide cop fleeing unknown wall gap, stealing signs and banners just because. it belongs in the BMX hall of fame. and the laughing hall of fame. and the combined vandalism and shopping hall of fame

"You want it one way, but it's the other way."

#92 2019-01-30 8:21am

chromey

I unearthed another old pic of me riding this Master at Woodward in 1992.
(an actual print from the contact sheet posted above).   The Stick-B holding the front tire was my move that year. smile

Excuse super baggy clothing... it WAS the way "in" back in 1992.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/7439/img_82835c4f7eadb75c51cf21cb.jpg

Last edited by chromey (2019-01-30 10:15am)

— — — — —

#93 2019-02-01 3:00pm

eightyfivegt
Pro Member

Very cool, Chromey!!

#94 2019-02-01 4:17pm

retrofreak
Pro Member
Bikes: 32

Man these are my favourite Masters.
I recently picked up this NOS 92 and will build my custom 88 inspired 92 Ground Master as my rider for the summer.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/18670/img_0870-25c54e18d18.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/18670/img_03125c54e19d0e.jpg

Last edited by retrofreak (2019-02-01 4:32pm)

Board footer

View Cart →