You are not logged in.

If you could sell it all in one shot...

#26 2012-07-14 10:54pm

Spintech
Pro MemberMinimalist hoarder
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 2

Re: If you could sell it all in one shot...

Nope. I don't need your money and don't you dare take away my childhood memories away.

-Joe

#27 2012-07-14 10:58pm

Kid718
Bill Effin' Murray
Website

SpinTech wrote:

Nope. I don't need your money and don't you dare take away my childhood memories away.

Memories are not physical objects lol  That becomes the real problem...when emotions, and sentimentality are attached to belongings.

Looking for 85-87 Pro performer or Performer survivor project.

#28 2012-07-14 11:07pm

MiniZ
Museum Addict

Kid718 wrote:

I'm gonna tally up what I think would be a fair price tomorrow.....any of you guys/gals have an idea of what your entire collection would be worth, in the event you were ever faced with giving a price quote?

I would let my part of the collection go for 4,000.00.  That probably doesn't come close to what I have into it.(6 completes, 2 frames, and some miscellaneous parts).  BUT, market value is probably less than that for what I have now.  This also doesn't include my daughters bikes, which are hers, not mine to sell.

Old School Baptized, Mid School Convert
The sooner we leave, the sooner we can get back and not have sex.

#29 2012-07-14 11:12pm

kilrgt
Pro MemberFreestyle, there is no substitute

Every thing i have ever bought is on a spread sheet....right down to the inner tubes, after as many completes and NOS parts that I have  you need to keep track, i would rather not say what mine is worth, im sure you have to have a idea of how much $$$ you have in yours.

#30 2012-07-14 11:21pm

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
Bikes: 7

I have sold almost everything already, so in a sense, I would say yes. I hate clutter and money invested where it just sits there....

I love dead people....

#31 2012-07-14 11:27pm

8587GN
Museum Addict

all of my stuff is for sale.................. I will be parting a few carpet pickles very soon. I`m keeping a retro rider,and maybe one old school bike,the rest are history. I can always start over..........

#32 2012-07-14 11:27pm

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP
Bikes: 24

Man, that quote about things owning us...

My bikes are my escape, too.  Don't exactly know what I would do without them.  That being said, the feeling of being liberated from something that holds power over you cannot be beat.

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#33 2012-07-14 11:40pm

BtGt
Intermediate

Redline ,2 Dyno's, GT Pro Perfomer, Hutch, and a box of left overs. Priceless;-)

BtGt

#34 2012-07-15 7:37am

Kid718
Bill Effin' Murray
Website

kilrgt wrote:

Every thing i have ever bought is on a spread sheet....right down to the inner tubes, after as many completes and NOS parts that I have  you need to keep track, i would rather not say what mine is worth, im sure you have to have a idea of how much $$$ you have in yours.

I have no clue what I have spent bro.  Subconsciously, I probably did not keep track on purpose.  I have no idea what I have spent, nor do I really wanna know.  But I am going to inventory everything I have, and consider fast ways of selling it all....except those 3 bikes I actually use.

Looking for 85-87 Pro performer or Performer survivor project.

#35 2012-07-15 7:44am

Iceman
Pro MemberSEAT GUT IDIOT
Bikes: 2

Everything has a price. I don't have any of my old bikes, so there is really no sentimental value there. I would sell them all but keep one to ride. You can only ride one anyways, right?

neither was any thing ells are government gave away simi free. that's why this country's broke and six trillion dollars in det already.

so what if they make the hole a little more deeper hole. ether way were screwed. but for now some are kinda happy.

#36 2012-07-15 7:48am

Coco

Kid718 wrote:

That becomes the real problem...when emotions, and sentimentality are attached to belongings.

I agree. They are just bikes when you get down to the nitty gritty of it all. I had a large collection of vintage, German microphones when I used to do a lot of recording. It is gone and I'm glad I gained the extra space and money when I sold all my gear off years ago. I also have trimmed down my 80's skate deck collection down to about 6 choice NOS decks and 2 old riders. All my NOS, extra wheels and tucks are all gone now. Sold to buy bike parts I needed. lol

I ride my bikes so I also label them as exercise equipment so I don't feel too guilty about having 4 cool old, 26" bmx bikes around.

Iceman wrote:

Everything has a price. I don't have any of my old bikes, so there is really no sentimental value there. I would sell them all but keep one to ride. You can only ride one anyways, right?

One to ride and a rubber maid full of NOS spare parts. wink

Last edited by Coco (2012-07-15 7:50am)

#37 2012-07-15 8:37am

flock53
Post Restriction

Spent a boat load of $$$....had fun along the way...look back at the cost and have some regrets...BUT riding a bike BITD was HUGE for me....never raced and didnt have THAT bad of a childhood that I "needed" an escape. I was still on my bike 24/7 seemed like, whether just cruising or being at some homemade tracks in the fields by the house. I had some strong legs from it and when I got to HS and in football, I was 5'9" 160 lbs and could max squat close to 500 lbs.....all to riding my bike as I was NEVER a weight lifter...to answer the question......NOT YET unless a ridiculas offer came....Its a lot of fun and I like being an "artist" and trying to put together the bikes in the color combinations I visualize in my brain wink

Last edited by flock53 (2012-07-15 8:38am)

Dragon Energy

#38 2012-07-15 8:43am

looptailnut
I luv Robk for hosting the build off

you can have it all for about 50,000. Then maybe I'll actually finish my Z28. lol

Lets Go Steelers, Pens, and Bucs!!!!

#39 2012-07-15 8:56am

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP

looptailnut wrote:

you can have it all for about 50,000. Then maybe I'll actually finish my Z28. lol

Hmmm...Would you take $12,000? lol

Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#40 2012-07-15 9:07am

cdridesonly
Pro Member
Bikes: 11
Website

I'd always have a bike to use, ride around with its intended purpose.   The extras.. or old bikes can go at the right price.   12 complete is what I think I have now.  5 was too many.. now this is just taking up too much space.

Promoter of the anti-big wheels campaign. (20" wheels only for everything, road, mtb, track, touring).

aka the thread killer.

#41 2012-07-15 9:13am

Fuseavk
Pro Member
Bikes: 17

Id Keep 8 Bikes. The rest i would sell for a respectable offer.   Keep - streetdancer , chrome  TS , 96DB , dinky & 20 brother , grey 86 dyno , 02 Haro and my Cru bike.

Last edited by Fuseavk (2012-07-15 9:45am)

D34L!!

"Ask Beavis I get nothing Butt-Head"

"old man Peabody,had this crazy idea about breeding ..pine trees"

"Aint nobody gonna beat John Milner" - "I aint nobody Dork"

#42 2012-07-15 9:14am

ghostrider
Resident .AI hack!
Bikes: 7

Kid718 wrote:

...would you?

Looking around tonight, and got to thinking.  Not selling my stuff.  But if someone wanted to buy it all at once, would I?  I think I would.  Would anyone else sell it all if the opportunity arose?

yes, ONLY the things i don't want to keep or will never build.  my blammos, 86 sport, 90 sport(s), 89 master (keep one) i'd keep.  everything else could care less.

#43 2012-07-15 9:22am

looptailnut

perront wrote:

looptailnut wrote:

Sure which two do you want?

#44 2012-07-15 9:27am

mxfan69
Pro MemberCalm, Cool, and Collected
Bikes: 11

I think I would be happy to get rid of part of it, if I could get one price for ALL toys/toy parts combined then the answer would be yes. I'd like to keep one OS bmx (my childhood bike), one NS bmx (Skyway 24" TA someday this century), one full susp MTB, one dirt bike, one street bike, and could easily do without the rest.

Problem I have with sliming down right now is just the lack of time to sell each piece off seperately. I've got 4 complete bmx bikes that I could part with today for the right price, two road bikes that could go, two mountain bikes that could go, one dirt bike that could go, one street bike that needs to go, and butt loads of parts from various bikes of all those types of bikes listed that would need to go.

I've got parts from previous motorcycles that I need to move cause I'll never own that make/model again, so parts like the '07 Harley seat, or the '09 KTM plastics just sit collecting dust and mouse turds in the shop. Pretty stupid I guess to hold onto that shat when it's several hundreds of dollars of parts just sitting.

I.E. - To Much Pain in My Arse to Fudge with Seperately. HELL, make me the right offer and you can have the '68 bird in my avatar with all it's extra parts/extra motor too.

WTB - Race Inc Centerline Fork with OG finish Gold Paint and OG Decals

#45 2012-07-15 9:32am

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP

looptailnut wrote:

perront wrote:

looptailnut wrote:

I suppose the one I just made a Favorite!   Never knew pink could look so good...

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#46 2012-07-15 10:12am

looptailnut

perront wrote:

looptailnut wrote:

perront wrote:

I suppose the one I just made a Favorite!   Never knew pink could look so good...

Thanks for the Fave...And you're in luck that one will be only 3750. lol

#47 2012-07-15 11:11am

jimmyjambo43
Pro Member"bmx woodworker"
Bikes: 288
For Sale: 71

it'sa 74 75 76 77 78 79 8081 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 9091 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99bmx bike bicycle, I got it one piece ata time & it didn't cost me a ddime, U know it's me when I'm ridn though your town, It's gotta be worth freehundred Grand!cool

#48 2012-07-15 11:41am

freestyle kid
Intermediate

I would sell everything I own except my manhood if the price is right.

#49 2012-07-15 11:48am

84laserlite
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
Website

I would take lump sum .I can rebuild my childhood at any time.big_smile

''Have been Old Schooled''.  I think the list of things  I pretend to care about is now longer than the list of things I actually care about.   Need *   Cheap set Sugino 400 Redline crank Dust caps   Tap Your Stem Bolt Down ,Or Hammer On it 4  Hrs for Fun. 
11 X'' Champion'' Old-school B.M.X Shows`  ~

#50 2012-07-15 1:22pm

Hrkhotrods
For Sale Restricted
Bikes: 36

No, although I tried selling a bunch of projects yesterday but some dbag flagged my cl ad.  mad

Last edited by Hrkhotrods (2012-07-15 1:23pm)

D€4£

I Ship Worldwide

Board footer