You are not logged in.

GROSS!! Look at Stussy's new $1200 BMX bike!!  RSS Feed

#51 2012-06-16 4:47pm

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless
Bikes: 6

Re: GROSS!! Look at Stussy's new $1200 BMX bike!!

mcam wrote:

What are you talking about? It is Porkchopped and Moonstered out. Its gotta be hot!

lol

lol

#52 2012-06-16 5:24pm

Jerry A Hutcher
BMXer 4 Life

badbill wrote:

Jerry A Hutcher wrote:

SHITBOX!

Whoaa Jerrrry calm down! it's just a $1200 p.o.s.. No need to flip out unless you already bought one tongue

:lol:No i didnt buy one.who ever spends 12hundy on that deserves it...Im just say'n..big_smile

#53 2012-06-16 7:19pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 78
For Sale: 8
Website

If this thing is worth 1200 my collection of worthless crap just got much more valuable

A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for everyone else.

#54 2012-06-16 7:20pm

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

Jerry A Hutcher wrote:

badbill wrote:

Jerry A Hutcher wrote:

SHITBOX!

Whoaa Jerrrry calm down! it's just a $1200 p.o.s.. No need to flip out unless you already bought one tongue

:lol:No i didnt buy one.who ever spends 12hundy on that deserves it...Im just say'n..big_smile

well i feel like i am doing a favor to somebody who might have thought it was cool and worth it. never thought i'd see something this junky being sold for so much.

#55 2012-06-16 7:30pm

Skwerly
Expert
Website

ew.  that is all.

Looking for GT Performer forks - maybe.  Lemme know what you have!

V-bars, knobby tires, and chain guards - Oh, yeah!  big_smile

#56 2012-06-17 1:03pm

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

Kurt_Rad wrote:

If this thing is worth 1200 my collection of worthless crap just got much more valuable

lol we're rich! i wasn't even sure if i could get $1200 for my 3-bar but i guess that it's a $5k bike now! thank you Stussy!

#57 2012-06-17 1:43pm

squirrelsmith
Pro MemberLoves Naked Animated Girls!
Bikes: 3

come on guys it is a metal frame with rubber tires. i think it's pretty fair

ya'll wanna see a dead body?

#58 2012-06-17 1:50pm

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

squirrelsmith wrote:

come on guys it is a metal frame with rubber tires. i think it's pretty fair

yea but i keep hearing Danny Devito's voice from the movie "Twins" saying,, "12 Hunnnndred Dollars,,12 Huuuunndred Dollars"

#59 2012-06-17 2:02pm

perront
Pro MemberThe Red Dog of The Hills
Bikes: 20

Cool-looking bike but...
1. Selling an image rather than a product = mad
2. "Hey!  Let's make sure the ad shows actual Japanese riders to prove that the bike is made in Japan, and use hip-hop to appeal to the masses!" = roll
3. "100% metal"?!  Are you kidding me?!  They say that like they're talking to  kids, not knowing that their only possible market is grown-a$$ men like us!

Last edited by perront (2012-06-17 6:41pm)

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#60 2012-06-17 2:10pm

addiemonster
Expert

100% metal.

http://fullonredfrog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/norwegian-metal-head-1-238x300.jpg

When I bunnyhop I hear a creak and I don't know if it's my bike or my joints. Oh well.

#61 2012-06-17 2:31pm

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

lol

#62 2012-06-17 3:46pm

ol phart
Pro Member

Stussy started to fall off since the late 90s when he pulled out of the surf shops and went boutique and handed it off to Shawn Jr..... Once he sold the trademark to Japanese interest it's just become a Disney kiddie pop lookin' thing IMHO

Far cry from the hipster ska/punk skater style edginess that made them bitd.

#63 2012-06-17 4:02pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

Warning  not for real BMX  riding ! this bike is for the rich poser/ yupy wanting to fake the funk. like as if they have a Rad old school bike.

Last edited by FRESSTYLE FREEK (2012-06-17 4:03pm)

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#64 2012-06-17 5:05pm

sonikk71
Museum Addict

I dont get this... Stussy never even made bikes bitd! Why would I buy this when I can buy a SE retro for half the price, get twice the bike, and get it from a company that was at least making bikes back in the day? This is just sad. I hope this dies a miserable death. We dont need boutique BS. We already had a time in BMX where every Tom Dick and Harry where making bikes and we saw how that ended up...

Need parts for a 1985 Haro Master.
My personal Holy Grails,
1985 Haro Master complete in Neon Green / Early 80s looptail PK with Graphites / Kuwahara Exhibitionist in White

#65 2012-06-17 5:39pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 78
For Sale: 8
Website

Selling it for that price is one thing, but the people that are going to pay that, well that a whole other story altogether. Paris Hilton cruising on a Stussy BMX??? It's a mockery...

A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for everyone else.

#66 2012-06-17 6:00pm

LIVE TO RIDE
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 15

Man since everyone hates these SO BAD I really want one now!!  lol     lol

Momma Says "bikes Are The Devil !!"

NEVER TURN DOWN A CHANCE TO LIVE

#67 2012-06-17 6:08pm

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

ol'phart wrote:

Stussy started to fall off since the late 90s when he pulled out of the surf shops and went boutique and handed it off to Shawn Jr..... Once he sold the trademark to Japanese interest it's just become a Disney kiddie pop lookin' thing IMHO

yep i remember Stussy was just in skate/surf shops and then they were just in Nordstrom's. people i know used to go in there and steal it(not me) because i would wait for the discount sales which started in san fernando valley at this lady's house in her driveway. mostly the stuff they sold there was the blems and irregular size clothes but i didn't care because it was just going to get thrashed anyways. the sickest thing thing i've ever owned made by Stussy were their denim overalls, those were straight up gangster. they also used to have the elastic surf pants and shorts which im down to my last 2 pair of and haven't seen them anywhere. much like bikes though Stussy is part of my past.
  The price is upsetting but more upsetting is the parts list and an "all metal" frame. if it would have had better parts and a more reasonable price i would be like hell yea because the nostaglia is there but it does not. has nothing to do with the fact it was made in Japan either, I think they make fine products it was a just a poor choice of materials and again the repop parts that they chose. would have been better if they designed their own custom parts with Stussy logos on them and for the price you think it would but nope.

#68 2012-06-17 9:33pm

ProThunder4
Museum Addict
Bikes: 9

Why settle for a Stussy when you could have the true "Cadillac" of BMX bikes: http://www.kmart.com/cadillac-escalade- … ockType=G6.

Not only is the Caddie more affordable, the "metal" in its frame is purported to be genuine "Cromoly."

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; / For he to-day that sheds his blood with me / Shall be my brother ... / gentlemen ... now-a-bed / Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here / And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks / That fought with us

#69 2012-06-17 9:47pm

danb
>ELF BMX<
Website

bwahahahahhaa 1200 for a japan bicycle now that is funny was it April 1 or what ?

****Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****

#70 2012-06-18 11:28am

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

danb wrote:

bwahahahahhaa 1200 for a japan bicycle now that is funny was it April 1 or what ?

somebody could get one hell of a Elf for $1200 huh?

#71 2012-06-18 11:03pm

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

$1200 i would buy the og os dg i seen up earlier for sale with some dope ass parts.

#72 2012-06-19 12:54am

danb
>ELF BMX<
Website

badbill wrote:

danb wrote:

somebody could get one hell of a Elf for $1200 huh?

and then some

****Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****

#73 2012-06-19 2:26am

psychoduddycycles
Pro MemberWAYYYY in the red since 1983
Bikes: 10

You gotta figure in the production costs  for the 2 bikes they might actually sell.....plus the ones they used for the video... = $2400. They may break even. That in itself is unsettling. lol

Sometimes, to make a paradise, you gotta release a SERPENT.

#74 2012-06-19 3:03am

JPinFL
Juan Pablo Diablo

badbill wrote:

ol'phart wrote:

yep i remember Stussy was just in skate/surf shops and then they were just in Nordstrom's. people i know used to go in there and steal it(not me) because i would wait for the discount sales which started in san fernando valley at this lady's house in her driveway. mostly the stuff they sold there was the blems and irregular size clothes but i didn't care because it was just going to get thrashed anyways. the sickest thing thing i've ever owned made by Stussy were their denim overalls, those were straight up gangster. they also used to have the elastic surf pants and shorts which im down to my last 2 pair of and haven't seen them anywhere. much like bikes though Stussy is part of my past.
  The price is upsetting but more upsetting is the parts list and an "all metal" frame. if it would have had better parts and a more reasonable price i would be like hell yea because the nostaglia is there but it does not. has nothing to do with the fact it was made in Japan either, I think they make fine products it was a just a poor choice of materials and again the repop parts that they chose. would have been better if they designed their own custom parts with Stussy logos on them and for the price you think it would but nope.

I sported Stussy all of the time in the early 90s. The best pants & shorts. Softest cotton. They also had the coolest hats. And you're right...When Stussy was available only in skate/surf shops, they were awesome.

As for the bike....hhhmmmm. I like the gusset.

#75 2012-06-19 11:24am

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

JPinFL wrote:

badbill wrote:

ol'phart wrote:

I sported Stussy all of the time in the early 90s. The best pants & shorts. Softest cotton. They also had the coolest hats. And you're right...When Stussy was available only in skate/surf shops, they were awesome.

As for the bike....hhhmmmm. I like the gusset.

i thought the gusset was the most disgusting part lol

Board footer

View Cart →