You are not logged in.

Anyone actually live near/visit former member Dirty Habits?  RSS Feed

#51 2012-06-04 8:43am

Godzilla
Museum Addict

Re: Anyone actually live near/visit former member Dirty Habits?

I hope he keeps your money and gets away with the crime!

"Everybody has an emergency between the paypal transaction and the post office." - TentLover

#52 2012-06-04 9:01am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 61
For Sale: 4
Website

YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

”Nobody is forcing you to be here. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If it’s that bad...walk away. At least for a while...”
-Dirk von Essen

[img]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc442/kurt_rad/Kurt_Rad_zpsb3ec93ff.png[/img]

#53 2012-06-04 10:30am

CurtiswithaC
Pro MemberThis is how I roll !!
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 2

Godzilla wrote:

I cant belive , more people cant see how wrong the way you guys are treating this guy is.  I only hope that if I ever have a deal that goes south on the other side of the world . That someone over there would step up and help a fellow BMXer out. This is disturbing sad

Feel free to call or text me with any questions on items I'm selling 407-212-9243 Curtis

Want to buy : Hutch 1 1/8 JDB stem . Let me know what color you got

#54 2012-06-04 10:45am

muphasta
Pro Tester
Bikes: 7

butcherbobhayes wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Or Ben Matlock

lollol No seriously though, I prefer to use the brothers Simon for all of my interconnect problems. Rick and A.J. are the best.

Good call since they are/were based in San Diego.

Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

#55 2012-06-04 10:48am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

CurtiswithaC wrote:

Godzilla wrote:

I cant belive , more people cant see how wrong the way you guys are treating this guy is.  I only hope that if I ever have a deal that goes south on the other side of the world . That someone over there would step up and help a fellow BMXer out. This is disturbing sad

Fack...if anyone was seriously able to help I am sure they would...this is just what happens with public call out threads all the time.

”Nobody is forcing you to be here. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If it’s that bad...walk away. At least for a while...”
-Dirk von Essen

[img]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc442/kurt_rad/Kurt_Rad_zpsb3ec93ff.png[/img]

#56 2012-06-04 5:38pm

Norco Lou
Expert
Bikes: 16

This sounds like a case for Lone Wolf McQuaide

#57 2012-06-05 6:36am

rogue
Pro MemberItalian Spaghetti

I cant belive , more people cant see how wrong the way you guys are treating this guy is.  I only hope that if I ever have a deal that goes south on the other side of the world . That someone over there would step up and help a fellow BMXer out. This is disturbing

+1

Last edited by rogue (2012-06-05 6:37am)

'With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run'

"Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?" -Charles De Mar

Support Your Local Bike Shop

#58 2012-06-05 7:09am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

If there was an easy solution it would have presented itself already. I don't know Dirty or where he lives..,so what do you want me to find out, track him down and solve this??? Is that the right way??? If resolution is found everyone here will be happy etc. it's not like it's a site full of complete aholes...

-Dirk von Essen

#59 2012-06-05 7:19am

CurtiswithaC

It just seems that Dirty was here for a long time and did alot of deals on here . He has buds on here and you know who you are. Give Dirty a call and ask him to contact this guy. big_smile

Feel free to call or text me with any questions on items I'm selling 407-212-9243 Curtis

#60 2012-06-05 7:24am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

I honestly don know if he did have a lot of buds here. A lot of people knew who he was and interacted with him but he seemed to be a guy who flew on the solo side most of the time, but I dot know him so I can't say that for sure.

-Dirk von Essen

#61 2012-06-05 7:32am

muphasta
Pro Tester

CurtiswithaC wrote:

It just seems that Dirty was here for a long time and did alot of deals on here . He has buds on here and you know who you are. Give Dirty a call and ask him to contact this guy. big_smile

I never saw him on an SD ride, only saw that he'd post pix of riding the day before all of us rode. I've been on here since 2008 and never met him in person.

We rarely interacted on here and when we did, we usually had a clash of opinions. We'd even joke about agreeing w/each other on the rare occasion it happened.

I've no opinion of him other than I found the bold type annoying as hell, and the phase he went through w/the giant smiley face signature caused me to turn off pix in my sig line.

I don't know if he was a good guy, a bad guy, misunderstood, a genius, I know nothing of him.

I don't know why he was banned.

I do hope you get your money back.

Last edited by muphasta (2012-06-05 7:33am)

Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

#62 2012-06-05 7:59am

butcherbobhayes
Museum Addict
Bikes: 1
Website

CurtiswithaC wrote:

Just because someone interacts with a guy on a internet forum does not mean that they know him. Even if both parties have been here for a long time, even if they had a buyer/seller relationship. If I had any way to contact him I would, and I am sure that the other members here would do the same. The OP seems to have Dirtys info. And like I said before, he should call the proper authorities. At this point that seems to be all that can be done.

If that fails call this guy,

Who's the black private d!ck
That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
SHAFT!
Ya damn right!

Who is the man that would risk his neck
For his brother man?
SHAFT!
Can you dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about?
SHAFT!
Right On!

They say this cat Shaft is a bad mother
SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft.
THEN WE CAN DIG IT!

He's a complicated man
But no one understands him but his woman
JOHN SHAFT!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  lol

Last edited by butcherbobhayes (2012-06-05 8:00am)

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#63 2012-06-05 8:52am

3rdgear
Granny Gear
Bikes: 28

You know how hard it is to find a mexican guy in Chicano park? Near IMPOSSIBLE!

Always looking for MXR hubs and pre-88 Free Agent parts.

#64 2012-06-05 12:03pm

Spintech
Pro MemberNOS Before Mounted

nvrtooold wrote:

3rdgear wrote:

Should be at the show this weekend.

Did you manage to catch up with him, please do let me know?

I met a LOT of people at the show (lots of them I've met for the first time) but didn't see Dirty Habits. What is his real name anyway? There were literally a thousand people at the show. Finding the guy who types like this would be darn near impossible.

This is what you should do. You have his address, right? Call the San Diego police and file a police report. Tell them what transpired and also give them his address, full name, phone number, etc. You may not get your money back, but at least they will have his name on their record.

Also, I hate to say this, but part of it is your mistake as well. You need to evaluate the situation and decide if it is worth sending back merchandise to someone several continents away, outside paypal's buyer protection policy, to a bold / italics typing guy sporting a neck hickey who goes by the alias "Dirty Habits" in Chicano Park across the Pacific. Now ask yourself..... why did you trust someone so easily? Not to mention that he has been banned for a short period of time prior to his perma-ban, which should've been a red flag. Sorry and good luck..... sad

Last edited by SpinTech (2012-06-05 12:10pm)

-Joe

#65 2012-06-05 2:49pm

changachump
Pro MemberMikey likes it

He bought a part off of me, and paid withan account
registered to some woman. Ship to address was to a woman.
I thought it was a bit shady, but it was only twenty bucks.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/27489/ta5964a92927.jpg[/img]
Confucius say "Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day"
"Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free." - Red
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."
Let the tool do the work.

#66 2012-06-05 2:53pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

changachump wrote:

He bought a part off of me, and paid withan account
registered to some woman. Ship to address was to a woman.
I thought it was a bit shady, but it was only twenty bucks.

That just says he has a sugar momma that supports his expensive habits. That or he lives at home with his mother and she funds them...

-Dirk von Essen

#67 2012-06-05 3:54pm

perroh
Expert

Sorry man wish I could help as I actually dealt with him personally when we traded mags.
That was at least a year ago so I do not have his number anymore. I dont know him well enough to say that he is the kind of guy to pull some shady stuff, but thats what it looks like right now.. but again, who knows.
When we traded info and met up, there was nothing shady at all, just traded and that was it. I hope you can recover your cash.

Craft Beer Aficionado

#68 2012-06-06 8:23am

nvrtooold
Centurion Member

perroh wrote:

Sorry man wish I could help as I actually dealt with him personally when we traded mags.
That was at least a year ago so I do not have his number anymore. I dont know him well enough to say that he is the kind of guy to pull some shady stuff, but thats what it looks like right now.. but again, who knows.
When we traded info and met up, there was nothing shady at all, just traded and that was it. I hope you can recover your cash.

Definitely appreciate the support here, I got that feeling about him as soon as there was an issue with the items in questions, which were purchased using a BIN on this site.

But given his feedback I just didn't feel the need to be overly cautious. He had a tonne of positives, which just goes to show, feedback isn't everything.

The police in El Cajon are emailing me updates after I got in contact with them. Hopefully something comes of their investigation.

Wanted $$$($): near mint survivor, show mounted or NOS
*Hutch Trick Star frame and fork in Purple Reign, Chrome or Pink
*NOS chrome Western H freestyle stem
* NOS only chrome Woody Hutch bars
Not afraid to pay market price

#69 2012-06-06 8:30am

nvrtooold
Centurion Member

SpinTech wrote:

nvrtooold wrote:

3rdgear wrote:

Should be at the show this weekend.

Did you manage to catch up with him, please do let me know?

I met a LOT of people at the show (lots of them I've met for the first time) but didn't see Dirty Habits. What is his real name anyway? There were literally a thousand people at the show. Also, I hate to say this, but part of it is your mistake as well. You need to evaluate the situation and decide if it is worth sending back merchandise to someone several continents away, outside paypal's buyer protection policy, to a bold / italics typing guy sporting a neck hickey who goes by the alias "Dirty Habits" in Chicano Park across the Pacific. Now ask yourself..... why did you trust someone so easily? Not to mention that he has been banned for a short period of time prior to his perma-ban, which should've been a red flag. Sorry and good luck..... sad

Real name is Frank from what I can make out. Other people on here know, but they're not talking it seems. But the police will soon find more, or bust the woman whose shipping address he uses for mail fraud. I spoke with her initially, and she seemed genuinely concerned about the deal.

I agree part of this is my fault - the feedback won me over though. That and that the refund deal was partly brokered by a mod here after some disagreement with 'Frank', so I felt reasonably confident that it would go through OK. He was actually in contact too, right up until the ban.

The dumb thing about that guy though is that he posted pics of his workplace, himself etc. on the site. That and he's basically hung some woman he knows out to dry by using her address.

Regardless of what happens, I doubt she'll appreciate a mail fraud charge much, and then pass that on to him. Hell hath no fury, and all that...

#70 2012-06-06 8:33am

nvrtooold
Centurion Member

Thanks to all the guys who've wished me well with this, I really do appreciate this. It definitely restores a bit of my faith in the community.

#71 2012-06-06 1:18pm

Godzilla
Museum Addict

The police never do anything.  I have seen 100 of these threads.  I wish that there was something bad that happens to scammers, but they are always scot free.

"Everybody has an emergency between the paypal transaction and the post office." - TentLover

#72 2012-06-06 1:25pm

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner

I bet if you repeatedly called his work youd get some action. Employers dont like that wink

I love dead people....

#73 2012-06-06 2:46pm

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro

I am the owl... wrote:

I bet if you repeatedly called his work youd get some action. Employers dont like that wink

PLUS 1000...if you harass him at his place of employment...this will most likely work.  Nobody want to look like a dbag at work

This gets my vote.  Hey let's all call. lol

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls.  smile

Getting your wife to beg for cheap Hutch grips for your "bday" is pathetic when you are too cheap to pay the going rate

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#74 2012-06-06 2:49pm

CurtiswithaC

Im in whats the number tongue

#75 2012-06-06 2:57pm

phishfarm73
Pro MemberDIRTY HIPPIE

Ok, ok, ok ok,, I'll do a drive by on his house for you!!!!  This thread is stupid!!!!!!! Just another member on here with lots of + feedback, that went out BLAZIN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not the first time!!!
It won't be the last!

BMX Patriots!

Board footer

View Cart →