You are not logged in.

Talk Dyno to me!  RSS Feed

#7176 2019-09-08 5:57pm

Broke
Pro Member
From: NW IOWA
Registered: 2013-09-09
Posts: 1430
Bikes: 41
For Sale: 11

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

That’s funny cause I have one. Same month & year. Not for sale yet though.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/200556/fd18f8c9-9faf-48c0-93cf-dddeb037617b5d75a314ee.jpeg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/200556/1a657efd-e5db-40a3-a52e-e478db02115a5d75a3da00.jpeg

Last edited by Broke (2019-09-08 5:59pm)


School of Freestyle > http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=575132

WTB -1990 dyno PRO COMPE frame or frame set (with new slammer style rear dropout & UNICorn down tube) and 990 mounts - paypal ready and not scared to use it!

Offline

 

#7177 2019-09-08 6:03pm

badassomar
Pro MemberCHINGON
From: So-Cal
Registered: 2009-05-14
Posts: 2199
Bikes: 22
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Broke wrote:

That’s funny cause I have one. Same month & year. Not for sale yet though.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 314ee.jpeg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 3da00.jpeg

Dude.   Your killing me.  lol

Offline

 

#7178 2019-09-08 6:09pm

Broke
Pro Member
From: NW IOWA
Registered: 2013-09-09
Posts: 1430
Bikes: 41
For Sale: 11

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Hoping to one day build a custom set of dinky pretzels for it and off to powder.  I have the perfect donors, just no time to do it yet. They are already pint size. wink

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/200556/2b39ef70-ed7d-4068-8937-b9351ecb901c5d75a661ec.jpeg


School of Freestyle > http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=575132

WTB -1990 dyno PRO COMPE frame or frame set (with new slammer style rear dropout & UNICorn down tube) and 990 mounts - paypal ready and not scared to use it!

Offline

 

#7179 2019-09-08 6:14pm

badassomar
Pro MemberCHINGON
From: So-Cal
Registered: 2009-05-14
Posts: 2199
Bikes: 22
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Broke wrote:

Hoping to one day build a custom set of dinky pretzels for it and off to powder.  I have the perfect donors, just no time to do it yet. They are already pint size. wink

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 661ec.jpeg

I’ve seen them done already bro.  They look sick.

Offline

 

#7180 2019-09-12 9:08am

ChristianHetheMurray
Pro MemberThundercougarfalconbird
From: Carlisle, PA
Registered: 2010-12-25
Posts: 6555
Bikes: 45
For Sale: 37

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Sad day...but I got to!  tongue
Goodbye 86 Compe II

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 2#p6500492

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/55127/1986-dyno-compe-ii---white-0395d1cd6b25c.jpg


My flatland is ... always smooth!!!!

[img]http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/khe-bikes-11159567381c2_lg.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#7181 2019-09-12 9:13am

RACEREXX
Banned
Registered: 2017-07-13
Posts: 311

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

cool


-Kenshiro-

Offline

 

#7182 2019-09-16 5:40pm

LMW3
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2017-06-15
Posts: 915
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Hey dyno guys, what are you thoughts on this? I picked up this frame/fork couple weeks back. Seller said he bought it from the original owner who lives in Puerto Rico and he said he has had it since new. Paint looks original, it has a G6B Serial on the BB indicating it's an early 86 Japanese frame, forks are stamped 85 and it is an unstamped single plate. The only thing is I've never seen a downtube decal on these that doesn't have the model designation... ie D-30 FS or compe. I've seen some that the seatmast decal and head tube badge don't have model designation like this one but not the downtube decal. Anyway, just wondering if you think this is an original survivor based on the decals?

Thanks

Lowell

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_1830325d802a5f67.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_1830365d802a685d.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_1901145d802a8cb5.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_1830555d802a8d8c.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_1900565d802a9913.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_1900035d802a9914.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_1859315d802a992b.jpg


PS: I was told by a reliable dyno source that some of the old original decal packs did not have the model designation on the downtube decals.


May have found a survivor pink 85-86 Dyno?

Offline

 

#7183 2019-09-16 8:28pm

LMW3
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2017-06-15
Posts: 915
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Also the fork, seatmast and headtube decals seem different. Almost like a separate piece of paper under a clear sticker. You can see where the corner is cut on this one and the ink is running from water penetration?

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_2108175d8038bcd8.jpg

Also looks like there may have been a longer downtube decal at some point as there is residue on both sides of the one on there now:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_2105095d80390c95.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_2105315d80390c0e.jpg

Paint look original?

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_2116325d80397b34.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_2117305d80397c3d.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_2116395d80397bc5.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_2117435d80397c16.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/20190916_2116535d8052ab0e.jpg


May have found a survivor pink 85-86 Dyno?

Offline

 

#7184 2019-09-16 8:28pm

Broke
Pro Member
From: NW IOWA
Registered: 2013-09-09
Posts: 1430
Bikes: 41
For Sale: 11

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

The white and green headtube decals have big d white outline that breaks the horizontal stripe outlines. The chrome one is like yours and doesn’t.


School of Freestyle > http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=575132

WTB -1990 dyno PRO COMPE frame or frame set (with new slammer style rear dropout & UNICorn down tube) and 990 mounts - paypal ready and not scared to use it!

Offline

 

#7185 2019-09-16 8:30pm

Broke
Pro Member
From: NW IOWA
Registered: 2013-09-09
Posts: 1430
Bikes: 41
For Sale: 11

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Pink looks OG to me.


School of Freestyle > http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=575132

WTB -1990 dyno PRO COMPE frame or frame set (with new slammer style rear dropout & UNICorn down tube) and 990 mounts - paypal ready and not scared to use it!

Offline

 

#7186 2019-09-17 5:13am

LMW3
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2017-06-15
Posts: 915
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Broke wrote:

The white and green headtube decals have big d white outline that breaks the horizontal stripe outlines. The chrome one is like yours and doesn’t.

Ya, it does resemble the older style D-30 decals as seen on the chrome D-30. Also, I've come to understand that all the dayglo 86 compes did not have the model listed on the downtube decal. Just a bit of a mystery with the construction paper logo under the clear stickers. The guy I bought it from is going to reach out to the original owner in Puerto Rico and see if he can gather any additional info. Thanks for your reply.


May have found a survivor pink 85-86 Dyno?

Offline

 

#7187 2019-09-17 5:14am

LMW3
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2017-06-15
Posts: 915
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Broke wrote:

Pink looks OG to me.

Thanks. I think so too. Couple others agree as well


May have found a survivor pink 85-86 Dyno?

Offline

 

#7188 2019-09-17 9:21am

joejoe87dyno
Pro Member
From: grand rapids mi.
Registered: 2013-06-23
Posts: 2675
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 12

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

I had a lavender 86 made in the USA that had the same downtube decal and it was all original.


Build your bikes the way you want. Always looking for 85/86 dyno but don't always have money for them.

Online

 

#7189 2019-09-17 9:22am

joejoe87dyno
Pro Member
From: grand rapids mi.
Registered: 2013-06-23
Posts: 2675
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 12

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

LMW3 wrote:

LMW3 wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 670598.jpg

Finished up for the spring build off. Get better pics soon.

As promised:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 7a7b28.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 7a9ca7.jpg


Spring build off voting ends tonight!!

Kinda miss my lavender.lol


Build your bikes the way you want. Always looking for 85/86 dyno but don't always have money for them.

Online

 

#7190 2019-09-17 9:34am

ChristianHetheMurray
Pro MemberThundercougarfalconbird
From: Carlisle, PA
Registered: 2010-12-25
Posts: 6555
Bikes: 45
For Sale: 37

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Non stamped single plate on my 85 as well.    G5K048XX

Like I mentioned in pm ... looks like they replaced the decals early in the game with good paint with an original style sticker packs. I've just never seem one with that style front decal on a complete or frame set up.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/55127/1985-dyno---gray-and-black-0035d810b617a.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/55127/1985-dyno-d-30---rasberry-0115d810aa826.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/55127/1985-dyno-d-30---rasberry-0285d810b2485.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/55127/1985-dyno-d-30---rasberry-0145d810b2c5f.jpg

Last edited by ChristianHetheMurray (2019-09-17 9:37am)


My flatland is ... always smooth!!!!

[img]http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/khe-bikes-11159567381c2_lg.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#7191 2019-09-18 6:32am

LMW3
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2017-06-15
Posts: 915
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

ChristianHetheMurray wrote:

Non stamped single plate on my 85 as well.    G5K048XX

Like I mentioned in pm ... looks like they replaced the decals early in the game with good paint with an original style sticker packs. I've just never seem one with that style front decal on a complete or frame set up.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b617a.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0aa826.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b2485.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b2c5f.jpg

Ya it is still a mystery. The style and/or type of decals used on the seatmast, headtube and forks are totally different than what I've seen.

So you're suspecting the original paint stayed but the decals got swapped out?


May have found a survivor pink 85-86 Dyno?

Offline

 

#7192 2019-09-18 6:33am

LMW3
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2017-06-15
Posts: 915
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

joejoe87dyno wrote:

I had a lavender 86 made in the USA that had the same downtube decal and it was all original.

Interesting. So they are out there. Still wondering about the remaining decals though. Thanks for the post.


May have found a survivor pink 85-86 Dyno?

Offline

 

#7193 2019-09-18 6:34am

LMW3
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2017-06-15
Posts: 915
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

joejoe87dyno wrote:

LMW3 wrote:

LMW3 wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 670598.jpg

Finished up for the spring build off. Get better pics soon.

As promised:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 7a7b28.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 7a9ca7.jpg


Spring build off voting ends tonight!!

Kinda miss my lavender.lol

lol its currently partially disassembled wrapped in a box somewhere.. moving sucks.


May have found a survivor pink 85-86 Dyno?

Offline

 

#7194 2019-09-18 6:35am

ChristianHetheMurray
Pro MemberThundercougarfalconbird
From: Carlisle, PA
Registered: 2010-12-25
Posts: 6555
Bikes: 45
For Sale: 37

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

LMW3 wrote:

ChristianHetheMurray wrote:

Non stamped single plate on my 85 as well.    G5K048XX

Like I mentioned in pm ... looks like they replaced the decals early in the game with good paint with an original style sticker packs. I've just never seem one with that style front decal on a complete or frame set up.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b617a.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0aa826.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b2485.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b2c5f.jpg

Ya it is still a mystery. The style and/or type of decals used on the seatmast, headtube and forks are totally different than what I've seen.

So you're suspecting the original paint stayed but the decals got swapped out?

Yes. Or maybe GT used those decals for their bikes sent to Puerto Rico???? hmmsmile
Either way, nice pick up.

Last edited by ChristianHetheMurray (2019-09-18 6:36am)


My flatland is ... always smooth!!!!

[img]http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/khe-bikes-11159567381c2_lg.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#7195 2019-09-18 7:32am

LMW3
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2017-06-15
Posts: 915
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

ChristianHetheMurray wrote:

LMW3 wrote:

ChristianHetheMurray wrote:

Non stamped single plate on my 85 as well.    G5K048XX

Like I mentioned in pm ... looks like they replaced the decals early in the game with good paint with an original style sticker packs. I've just never seem one with that style front decal on a complete or frame set up.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b617a.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0aa826.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b2485.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b2c5f.jpg

Ya it is still a mystery. The style and/or type of decals used on the seatmast, headtube and forks are totally different than what I've seen.

So you're suspecting the original paint stayed but the decals got swapped out?

Yes. Or maybe GT used those decals for their bikes sent to Puerto Rico???? hmmsmile
Either way, nice pick up.

Thanks Christian.

I'm hoping to get some more info today because I'm wondering the same thing. Never know what was going on with GT and Dyno in the mid 80's.


May have found a survivor pink 85-86 Dyno?

Offline

 

#7196 2019-09-18 11:09am

Quattrotakis
Pro Member
From: Detroit, MI
Registered: 2016-04-20
Posts: 648
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 6

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

LMW3 wrote:

ChristianHetheMurray wrote:

LMW3 wrote:


Ya it is still a mystery. The style and/or type of decals used on the seatmast, headtube and forks are totally different than what I've seen.

So you're suspecting the original paint stayed but the decals got swapped out?

Yes. Or maybe GT used those decals for their bikes sent to Puerto Rico???? hmmsmile
Either way, nice pick up.

Thanks Christian.

I'm hoping to get some more info today because I'm wondering the same thing. Never know what was going on with GT and Dyno in the mid 80's.

See this FS post from a while back: https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/85442

https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/1985_dyno__gray_and_black_002_copy0_lg.jpg


If you dare me, I'll jump pretty much anything

Offline

 

#7197 2019-09-18 6:41pm

LMW3
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2017-06-15
Posts: 915
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Quattrotakis wrote:

LMW3 wrote:

ChristianHetheMurray wrote:


Yes. Or maybe GT used those decals for their bikes sent to Puerto Rico???? hmmsmile
Either way, nice pick up.

Thanks Christian.

I'm hoping to get some more info today because I'm wondering the same thing. Never know what was going on with GT and Dyno in the mid 80's.

See this FS post from a while back: https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/85442

https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/1985_dyno … py0_lg.jpg

Ya. Downtube decal the same. Question now is, what's up with the badge and fork decals?


May have found a survivor pink 85-86 Dyno?

Offline

 

#7198 2019-09-21 5:22am

badassomar
Pro MemberCHINGON
From: So-Cal
Registered: 2009-05-14
Posts: 2199
Bikes: 22
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Anyone have a 1987-89 dinky Dyno fork for sale? Thanks

Last edited by badassomar (2019-09-21 5:22am)

Offline

 

#7199 2019-09-21 9:24am

Quattrotakis
Pro Member
From: Detroit, MI
Registered: 2016-04-20
Posts: 648
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 6

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

I'm just doing some work in the garage and look up to see this beautiful specimen of an 86. Had to share with you bros.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/230731/20190921_1221185d864e1852.jpg


If you dare me, I'll jump pretty much anything

Offline

 

#7200 2019-09-21 6:22pm

LMW3
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2017-06-15
Posts: 915
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Re: Talk Dyno to me!

Quattrotakis wrote:

I'm just doing some work in the garage and look up to see this beautiful specimen of an 86. Had to share with you bros.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 4e1852.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243997/images5d86cce9c3.jpeg


May have found a survivor pink 85-86 Dyno?

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →