You are not logged in.

Bunnyhops... Your favorite pics or stories about stuff you hopped over  RSS Feed

#26 2012-06-07 4:02pm

squirrelsmith
Pro MemberLoves Naked Animated Girls!
Bikes: 3

Re: Bunnyhops... Your favorite pics or stories about stuff you hopped over

my buddie odjob. in 1999 he was 5th in the nation 16x. he's still got it even on a crappy gt mach 1 i scored that he had never rode before.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg342/squirrelkevansmith/water/odjob.jpg

Last edited by squirrelsmith (2012-06-07 4:03pm)

ya'll wanna see a dead body?

#27 2012-06-07 5:11pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 79

lol go a head and LOL at my lazey old azz. did this last month

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee232/FREESTYLE-FREEK/DYNO%20bikes/midShcooltonew084.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee232/FREESTYLE-FREEK/DYNO%20bikes/midShcooltonew085.jpg

back in the late 80's all the nabor hood kids would meet up with are bikes and skate boards. we would start out with  just 1 board. then add a nother on top. bunny hop that then keep stacking them up. to see how high we could go. then we spread them in a row. 1 behined the next. to gage distance.

highest I ever did was 4 boards high.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#28 2012-06-07 6:32pm

folzinal
Pro MemberAre They Here Yet?
Bikes: 7

It’s funny, I couldn’t ride a wheelie more than a dozen feet or so but I could hop just about anything.  Remember the old aluminum garbage cans?  I could easily clear two of them standing up with the lids on.
How about a bunnyhop fail story??? I had an ’82 PK back in 1985. One of my buddies bet me I couldn’t hop the front of his brother’s car, late 70’s MG, and since there were ladies present I had to do it.  I figured it was further than the cans but not as high so I would just get more speed.  I decided to do a ghost run first by hopping in front of the car with my buddy watching at ‘hood level’.  So I got up to speed, pulled the front and just as the back end was approaching hood level I snagged the bra on the front of the car with my pedal.  The bike spun toward the car, slammed against the hood, the bars speared his window and I went the other way. $350 for repairs and a dislocated shoulder!! Man was his brother pissed.  Almost 30 years later and he still brings it up every time I see him.

#29 2012-06-08 4:59am

FreeEnterprise
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

We used to freak people out by "jumping" off of tiny curbs, and bunnyhopping off the top of the curb, so instead of going maybe a foot off the ground, we would catch like 4 feet of air off a curb! People would FREAK out when they saw this, and I remember telling kids that the curb had a "boost" section that if you hit it right, you would fly off the curb.

Later you could ride by that curb, and see these kids hitting it over and over trying to hit the "boost" part of the curb... lol.

#30 2012-06-08 7:17am

chkn4130
Expert

Used to bunny hop tennis court nets. Until my back wheel got hung up one day.  And sling shot me face first to the ground.

When I'm not riding BMX my other ride is a Husaberg FE 390.

#31 2012-06-08 7:57am

scarfish
Say no to AIDS

chkn4130 wrote:

Used to bunny hop tennis court nets. Until my back wheel got hung up one day.  And sling shot me face first to the ground.

lol, that happened to my boy sanford. one of the funniest things i ever saw in my life.

#32 2012-06-08 8:06am

forty_three
Museum Addict

One day, I went to the court where my Girlfriend lived and her little brother and a bunch of his friends had their skateboards out and were trying to Ollie over these two boxes. I came rolling up and bunny hop 180'ed over it. So they start egging me on and put the boxes next to each other and started stacking skateboards up on top.

I got up to 8 without much problem, but kept knocking number 9 off. By this time a whole lot of people had gathered around, including my girlfriend and her mother, so I was determined. I eventually cleared 9 and as I was looking at it thought that it looked kinda high. So we went and got a measuring tape and measured and it was 45 inches.

The official record at the time was 44, according to BMXA.

No wonder I had so much trouble finishing it off.

I also had a bit of a surprise one day on my normal route to the bowl where I came out of the woods and down a hill to this unused road in a new neighborhood. They had apparently placed a Jersey Barrier at the end of the little path and I was going a wee bit too fast to stop. That scared me a little.... But I made it.

Last edited by forty_three (2012-06-08 8:09am)

I thrashed your grail, and I loved every second of it.

#33 2012-06-08 8:11am

scarfish
Say no to AIDS

forty_three wrote:

One day, I went to the court where my Girlfriend lived and her little brother and a bunch of his friends had their skateboards out and were trying to Ollie over two boxes. I came rolling up an bunny hop 180'ed over it. So they start egging me on and put the boxes next to each other and started stacking skateboards up on top.

I got up to 8 without much problem, but kept knocking number 9 off. By this time a whole lot of people had gathered around, including my girlfriend and her mother, so I was determined. I eventually cleared 9 and as I was looking at it thought that it looked kinda high. So we went and got a measuring tape and measured and it was 45 inches.

The official record at the time was 44, according to BMXA.

No wonder I had so much trouble finishing it off.

sucks you didn't go on your face. i read that waiting for the faceplant, but it never came. would've made the story better.

#34 2012-06-08 8:46am

addiemonster
Expert

FREEK, your moustache is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Yesterday I couldn't resist my usual urge to put the front wheel at a 90 degree angle when I hop front first. Landed with the bars crooked and the bike went to the left and my head just missed a bus stop bench to the right. My shoulder still hurts. roll

When I bunnyhop I hear a creak and I don't know if it's my bike or my joints. Oh well.

#35 2012-06-14 1:37pm

da.menace
Centurion Member
Bikes: 6
Website

Here is a bad quality screenshot taken from a cellphone video. I still like the picture, because I was surprised by myself. I didn´t think, I would go that high. The shadow behind me on the floor helps to compare. Taken in 2007. I don´t have that much pictures of me riding, because I am always alone sad

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5470/7372800210_bc5580dc45.jpg

My bikes:  http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/user/5208

Loud cassettes save lifes!

#36 2012-06-14 1:41pm

da.menace
Centurion Member
Website

Oh I found a flic from the mid 90s on the PFT!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7238/7372825948_849230fa77_z.jpg

#37 2012-06-14 2:24pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

My favorite bunnyhop picture is me hopping over my 4 year old son.  Actually, I dipped the back wheel and skimmed his belly.  My sister got the timing perfectly.

ride your bike until it breaks.

#38 2012-06-14 5:04pm

no body
18yr old Frame-Wrecker
Bikes: 5

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh508/nobody105/Photo0531.jpg

I AM 18 YEARS OLD!!! big_smile follow me on instagram @remington_schaefer

Ride in peace Autum Pasquale

#39 2012-06-14 6:08pm

oldharo
Museum Addict
Bikes: 3

scarfish wrote:

i chose the root to bunnyhop 'cause for some reason i need a point of reference on the ground to hop. even a newspaper or an empty pack of cigarettes. when i try to hop on blank pavement at a time of my choosing i end up bringing my front too high or my back and landing on my forks. i get F'ed up. i dunno why.

I'm the same way. My highest was 36" at a local bunnyhop competition, but if there isn't "motivation" in front of me, I look pathetic...

same thing with an ollie on a skateboard

WANTED: DIRTWERX decals, 85/86 master f/f in chrome w/ high forkstander mounts, 85 master bars in blue, green rx-3 levers, white gyro, green "h" spoke mags, haro chrome fluted post, snakebelly knockoffs in black skinwall 20x1.75

#40 2012-06-15 5:53am

jbros125
Pro Member

Glenn,  Good to see you on here. I miss your pics and stories. You have to tell the story of the big hop while running from the cops. lollol

#41 2012-06-15 5:58am

n20capri
Bikes: 1
Website

No pics but when I was a kid I used to get other kids in the neighborhood to lay down in the street so I could bunny hop them! lol.  Was more of a distance thing than a height thing...there was always a debate as to who would be last! lol.  It always ended up being the same kid!  He was a cool dude.  Miss those days!

-Mike
90 GT Pro Series Team XXL (All original - original owner)
86 ascMcLaren Capri | #026/114 | 11.2@123
86 Mustang SVO | 14.0@97

#42 2012-06-15 6:09am

da.menace
Centurion Member
Website

jbros125 wrote:

Glenn,  Good to see you on here. I miss your pics and stories. You have to tell the story of the big hop while running from the cops. lollol

So now I am curious!

#43 2012-06-15 8:52am

FreeEnterprise
Pro Member

da.menace wrote:

jbros125 wrote:

So now I am curious!

Ahh, yeah.

Back in the day, we used to go to downtown Raleigh to ride with all the local riders every Sunday. It was a blast, and we would park on one side of downtown (by the round hotel), and head over to the outdoor mall to ride all the benches, planters, and walls we could find. Well, riding wasn't legal on the mall, (which was silly since it was closed on Sundays...) And usually the police would end up chasing us.

Course, that was pretty much one of the main draws. Nothing like cops running after you, and speeding away on your bike! lol. It was great fun!

Well, over the years they started getting used to our shenanigans, so one day we were riding on the mall, when cops ON mountain BIKES came around the corner and yelled. "let's get em". and took off after us! We scattered like always, and I followed Jon Byers around a corner and into an alley. Problem was Jon was way ahead of me, and the cop was gaining on me as he had more than one gear, and was sick of never catching us and clearly was going to teach us a lesson!

The alley we went down ended in a loading dock. And not the low loading dock either, this was one of those high ones for full sized semi's. There was a set of stairs on the side, which Jon jumped off his bike and carried it up the stairs and took off down the alley between the stores to freedom. But, I didn't have time to get off my bike as the cop behind me was RIGHT on my tail!

So I kept pedaling as hard as I could and just bunnyhopped for all I was worth!

My front wheel cleared, and I was hoping and praying my back wheel would make it, as the squealing of the bacon's brakes behind me sounded while he tried to stop before slamming into the loading dock!

I CLEARED IT, and kept on going right down that narrow alley between the buildings and flew out the front and on to freedom...

We went back later and it was a full 5 feet high! Highest bunnyhop I ever did... I tried it later and totally cased my back wheel and went over the bars... Guess I had to have the adrenaline rush from a cop chasing me to make it! lol.

#44 2012-06-15 10:23am

jbros125
Pro Member

big_smile. The best!!!!!

#45 2012-06-15 12:26pm

da.menace
Centurion Member
Website

We went back later and it was a full 5 feet high! Highest bunnyhop I ever did... I tried it later and totally cased my back wheel and went over the bars... Guess I had to have the adrenaline rush from a cop chasing me to make it! lol

If it was five feet high (that is around 1,60 meter, right??), then it was the highest bunnyhop anybody ever did smile Very rad story. I love the feeling, to know, that I will always get away, when I am on a bicycle! Thanks for sharing your story!!

#46 2012-06-16 1:53am

Innocenti
Pro Member
For Sale: 3

This has to be my all time favourite bunnyhop photo... just claass!

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo34/snapbacknarler/july81_bmxa_trick.jpg

#47 2012-06-16 3:10am

RL20II
Pro MemberNatural Born Chiller
Bikes: 12

Was mucking around a school yard back in the early 80's with some good mates and they lined up 5 galvenised iron school bins in a row not on there sides but standing properly and I hopped the lot...damn near shat my pants doing it but I made it....they where freaked out by it LOL was a good day.

GROW THE HELL UP FOR CHRISTS SAKE!! WE ARE GROWN MEN PLAYING WITH KIDS BIKES NOT KIDS PLAYING AT BEING GROWN MEN.
****What's normal for the Spider is Chaos for the Fly****

#48 2012-06-16 4:52am

Ralph Wiggum
Pro Memberchillywilly263 1%er
Bikes: 15
For Sale: 2

Sweet video tutorial on how to hop!

I’m not a real doctor but I am a real worm

#49 2012-06-16 5:44am

RadicalNick
Pro MemberRetired ODSY HRDR
Bikes: 14

I used to be albe to get over a standard picnic table bench pretty easily back in the day. Can't do it now though!

I remember when I was first trying the bench. I went around for one try, almost cleared it, back tire landed on just the edge on the way down, left leg caught the shimano dx pedal about mid-shin. ouch! I had a knot the size of a golf ball on my leg for a week that changed every color known to man.

It was so ugly at some points, I was about to swear I was going go loose the leg from the knee down!  lollol

44t BMX Club - NC Chapter

"Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential. But it was the the minds of 11 year olds that could see that potential."
Craig Stecyk - Skateboarder Magazine - 1975

#50 2012-06-16 7:42am

Doomkeeper
Ghetto Cruisers
Bikes: 18

My annual bunny hop contest that I put on at the Hines Park Old School BMX Show. These are from various years.
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/Doomkeeper/Hines%20Park%202011/DSC01795.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/Doomkeeper/Hines%20Park%202011/DSC01796.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/Doomkeeper/Hines%20Park/Hines%20Park%202010/106_0587.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/Doomkeeper/Hines%20Park/Hines%20Park%202010/106_0601.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/Doomkeeper/Hines%20Park%202011/hinesparkshow020.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/Doomkeeper/Hines%20Park%202011/hinesparkshow021.jpg

HUTCH.....BMX Drama For The Masses.

Board footer

View Cart →