You are not logged in.

Members in Missouri/Illinois post here  RSS Feed

#1 2011-01-08 9:03pm

4130HERO
Intermediate
Bikes: 4

Members in Missouri/Illinois post here

Just wanting to see how many members on here are from missouri. Maybe set up some rides or swap meets this summer... Thanks, Rob

WANTED: Single tioga comp III blue/green label 24x1.75 or larger.....

I ship on Saturdays & I take pride in anything I package check my feedback.

#2 2011-01-08 9:10pm

jaredb
Intermediate
Bikes: 8

Re: Members in Missouri/Illinois post here

I was trying to do the samething in another post

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=286811
Let me know what you find out,Jared

#3 2011-01-08 9:21pm

4130HERO
Intermediate

cool will do! I must have missed your post I even did a search for missouri threads too.

#4 2011-01-08 9:24pm

tico frank
Museum Addict
Website

There are a few in St Louis and Carbondale Il

#5 2011-01-08 9:26pm

THE FUN PALACE
The Dawn Patrol
Bikes: 3
Website

Ahhh man i like swap meets, too bad i live in Hangar 18 and not Missouri sad

MADE IN U.S.A.
[img]http://www.lemonrock.com/bandpics/picbandphoto25700_200267_purplecobraslogo2415.jpg[/img]
Thermal count is rising, In perpetual writhing. The primordial ooze, And the sanity they lose. Awakened in the morning, To more air pollution warnings. Still we sleepwalk off to work, While our nervous systems jerk. Pretending not to notice, How history had forebode us. With the green house in effect, Our environment was wrecked. Now, I can only laugh, As I read our epitaph. We end our lives as moles, In the dark of DAWN PATROL   
RUST IN PEACE

#6 2011-01-08 9:27pm

jaredb
Intermediate

Wanna get one of the big pavillions at tower grove park, ride a bit,get a pit,cook some food,and just chill and relax cool

#7 2011-01-08 9:36pm

4130HERO
Intermediate

jaredb wrote:

Wanna get one of the big pavillions at tower grove park, ride a bit,get a pit,cook some food,and just chill and relax cool

sounds fun!

#8 2011-01-08 9:38pm

4130HERO
Intermediate

THE FUN PALACE wrote:

Hangar 18??? next to that bada** blown ford you got!

Last edited by 4130HERO (2011-01-08 9:39pm)

#9 2011-01-08 9:41pm

looptailnut
Pro MemberI luv Robk for hosting the build off
Bikes: 2

One of the coolist guys ever is from the St. Louis area, but no longer plays with bmx bikes. SHIFTY72 was a "I hate selling this" killer. cool

Lets Go Steelers, Pens, and Bucs!!!!

Tons of stuff for sale soon

#10 2011-01-08 9:42pm

THE FUN PALACE
The Dawn Patrol
Bikes: 3
Website

4130HERO wrote:

THE FUN PALACE wrote:

Hangar 18??? next to that bada** blown ford you got!

No, Hangar 18 is in Area 51. Its where the blown Ford was conceived big_smile

MADE IN U.S.A.
[img]http://www.lemonrock.com/bandpics/picbandphoto25700_200267_purplecobraslogo2415.jpg[/img]
Thermal count is rising, In perpetual writhing. The primordial ooze, And the sanity they lose. Awakened in the morning, To more air pollution warnings. Still we sleepwalk off to work, While our nervous systems jerk. Pretending not to notice, How history had forebode us. With the green house in effect, Our environment was wrecked. Now, I can only laugh, As I read our epitaph. We end our lives as moles, In the dark of DAWN PATROL   
RUST IN PEACE

#11 2011-01-08 11:36pm

lou g
Centurion Member
Bikes: 2

I'm s St. Louis bmxer from the late 70's. Hello all  ! !  I have my survivors (3) and putting together a show bike.

I got the bug from the "bmx reunion" show at ramp riders this past summer.

I cant wait for this St.L. spring ride through the city, also another show.

Lou

#12 2011-01-09 7:19am

KenC
Pro Member
Bikes: 35

The Bike EXPO and swap at the Gateway Center is coming up in 3 weeks on the 30th of January

This show was a great show/swap till the guys at St. Louis Bike Fed tried to break it off in the individual collectors back side a few years ago , which ended up killing the show and eventually causing them to go bankrupt.

Good news is the show has been taken over by Trailnet and they have hooked up with Mark and Dan, the guys that use to do the bike show and there will now be affordable swap spaces for the individual collectors/sellers and there will be a bike show with classes in Stingray, BMX, Balloon Tire, Middleweight, Lightweight, Special Interest and Custom.

If you are anywhere near St. Louis or within driving distance then you need to make it to the show. I know of several big collectors coming in from all over, including a couple from Texas and a few from Indiana, there are also numerous others that should be there from as far away as Kentucky, Chicago and Kansas, just not confirmed yet.

Here’s the link to the thread I started for the show. http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=286106

I'm looking for a clean 1975 Mongoose (long) frame, and a nice original finish Mongoose Two/Four

#13 2011-01-09 8:51am

4130HERO
Intermediate

Thanks KenC, that is exactly why I started this thread, for info like this. I must have missed your post also. I have heard from a few local members that the show your talking about was not really geared towards bmx/freestyle bikes.? Any truth to this? I have never been but plan on going this year to find out for myself.

#14 2011-01-09 9:02am

Sirrob
Museum Addict

Like Ken said, the show used to be cool but last year was pretty lame(no bike show). Hey 4130HARO don't forget about us IL guys, we aren't that far away and we like to ride.
Rob

#15 2011-01-09 9:12am

4130HERO
Intermediate

Cool thanks for the input sirrob, I'll change my title on the post to include you il. guys as well. An it's 4130HERO not HARO. cool  Nothing against haro I just don't own one yet...... big_smile

#16 2011-01-09 9:16am

Sirrob
Museum Addict

My bad. Gettin old and eyesight is not what it used to be.
Rob

#17 2011-01-09 9:17am

00_Duck
Pro Member
Bikes: 13
Website

I'm from Independence/ Kansas City area. We have 2 big swaps/Shows a year that are very BMX friendly. We have another (El Torreon) at the last weekend in July that is all bike swap. No show for that one but it is a good swap. BMX is sometimes prevalent there and sometimes not.

Peddlers Spring Bike Swap and show usually occurs in the first weekend in April or close to it.
El Torreon occurs on the last Sunday in July
Peddlers Fall Bike swap and show occurs in the first weekend in Oct. Last year didn't happen due to the coordinators family plans.   
I am not sure if he is going to try and get an early BMX only show going this year or not. Last year (Early June) we got rained out.

Just do a search on Peddlers swap here in the museum, and you will see pics and stuff from years past.

The owner and coordinator is museum member Bicyclerick.

I get this question often so here it is to save everyone time. I do not have any Mongoose DMC decals left. I was lucky enough to find a small bunch of NOS decal sets in an old bike shop that no longer exists and I have since sold them all. Sorry. I wish you all the best of luck with your DMC builds.

#18 2011-01-09 9:39am

4130HERO
Intermediate

Sirrob wrote:

My bad. Gettin old and eyesight is not what it used to be.
Rob

Same here Rob, Hey my name Rob too! cool

Last edited by 4130HERO (2011-01-09 9:41am)

#19 2011-01-09 9:50am

4130HERO
Intermediate

00_Duck wrote:

I'm from Independence/ Kansas City area. We have 2 big swaps/Shows a year that are very BMX friendly. We have another (El Torreon) at the last weekend in July that is all bike swap. No show for that one but it is a good swap. BMX is sometimes prevalent there and sometimes not.

Peddlers Spring Bike Swap and show usually occurs in the first weekend in April or close to it.
El Torreon occurs on the last Sunday in July
Peddlers Fall Bike swap and show occurs in the first weekend in Oct. Last year didn't happen due to the coordinators family plans.   
I am not sure if he is going to try and get an early BMX only show going this year or not. Last year (Early June) we got rained out.

Just do a search on Peddlers swap here in the museum, and you will see pics and stuff from years past.

The owner and coordinator is museum member Bicyclerick.

Rite on 00_Duck, thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll make it to atleast one of them.

#20 2011-01-09 9:57am

KenC
Pro Member
Bikes: 35

4130HERO wrote:

Thanks KenC, that is exactly why I started this thread, for info like this. I must have missed your post also. I have heard from a few local members that the show your talking about was not really geared towards bmx/freestyle bikes.? Any truth to this? I have never been but plan on going this year to find out for myself.

If your going expecting to see a show with nothing but BMX/Freestyle then you will be disappointed, this is a show with everything, the EXPO portion is mostly bike shops with new bikes and a lot of road bikes, but the antique/classic portion is full of everything from Stingrays to Balloon Tire to BMX, BMX did dominate the show however the last two years they had it in 07 & 08

In 09 Mark and Dan canceled the antique/classic bike show at the last minute because of changes the St. Louis Bike Fed tried to impose on the individual venders/collectors, they then called all the out of town venders to inform them of the changes and then they all canceled their reservations. The Bike Fed still advertised the antique/classic show and swap but when people had shown up and there was no show and no venders a lot of people started to talk about the show and say it wasn't any good not realizing the show had been canceled and there was no show.

Don't let what you seen or heard about the 09 & 10 shows fool you, this show can and will be a great show, especially since Mark and Dan are on board again.

I'm looking for a clean 1975 Mongoose (long) frame, and a nice original finish Mongoose Two/Four

#21 2011-01-09 10:22am

4130HERO
Intermediate

Sweet, I will be there and bring as many bikes as I can fit in my truck. I hope this post and yours will really make it huge success and I will spread the word to the guys I ride with who aren't or don't get on here much. Thanks again for the info.

#22 2011-01-09 1:46pm

BleachOne
Expert
Bikes: 1

Across the River heir!!

WTB: 1st Gen GT SuperLace Hub's
                     AnyThing Odyssey NOS

#23 2011-01-09 2:05pm

skirkpat
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
Website

In K.C....for the time being at least, Come out to a peddlers show, alot of great guys from here and Lawerence show up.

If something I say offends you I would like to sincerely appologize, but please realize I am a complete stranger to 99.9% of you and as such should hold no real power over your emotions. Have a great day ladies and gents and try not to forget to keep life in perspective  :^P

#24 2011-01-09 3:20pm

jaredb
Intermediate

BleachOne wrote:

Across the River heir!!

Wondering how long it would take ya

#25 2011-01-09 3:29pm

jeepn35s
Pro Member

Im in St.Charles.
Im down for rides, shows,swaps or just hanging out.

On Tues nights you can ride at the St.Peters track free...

Anyone around the St.Louis area.If you want to trade flooring work for bike stuff.
Will work for Bikes!!!

Board footer

View Cart →