You are not logged in.

BMXMuseum<--->Newbie Guide<--->Pro Membership<--->How To's  RSS Feed

#1 2010-04-22 10:39am

BMX*Racer*1983
Pro Member
Bikes: 32

BMXMuseum<--->Newbie Guide<--->Pro Membership<--->How To's

Welcome To Bmx Museum

Ok I see alot of new members coming about. The first big no no here is to ask what something is worth if your looking to sell it you will get your ballz handed to you for asking that. We do not appraise bikes or bike parts here or set prices, if you want to know the true market value of your bike and or parts then post it on Ebay start it at .99 and when it's over you'll know what it's worth. If you simply need help identifying an item post it up with nice clear pictures and if it's a bike a serial # helps alot in most cases pictures can speak a thousand words if they are done right.If you start a thread asking about prices, it will be deleted.

Link To Reference & Reserch Section http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=38

Link to our sold items to help look up prices (for PRO MEMBERS ONLY) http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/search?q=& … amp;sold=1

Some Basics

#1 To sell , post a WTB ( want to buy ) or trade here it will cost you a mear $20 to become a Pro Member!!!

http://bmxmuseum.com/pro

#2 Name It ID of Frame Break Down

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 9#p3098319

#3 Here Is A link on submitting bikes to the Museum

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=22985

#4 Link to guidelines and rules on submitting a bike to the Museum

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/submit/

#5 I always see people asking how to leave feedback Simple

You will see this under peoples user Info Click + for positive or - for you know what

Always try working an issue out w/ the buyer/seller before hitting the negative button

You Need a Minimum of 20 post to leave a feedback

#6 To contact a member about an item he or she may have your interested in send a PM/Email

Again you'll see these choice under user info

E-mail  PM  Choose your weapon

#7 No posting of guns or gun realated items, with a Link to the Rules:

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

I am sure I have not covered everything but these are the basic skills needed to navigate and use this site!!!

#8 Donation Button

http://bmxmuseum.com/about/

#9 Dont Pay as a Gift/Friends & Family

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=708001

Last edited by its-all-good (2014-12-26 7:47pm)

[img]http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/buddysam1/new/sig2-1.jpg[/img]

-----If I Owe You Feedback Please LMK----- 

---R.I.P DAD I LOVE YOU 11/26/40 - 12/12/13--- It is what it is CUZ!!!

#2 2010-04-22 10:44am

BMX*Racer*1983
Pro Member

Re: BMXMuseum<--->Newbie Guide<--->Pro Membership<--->How To's

Oh boy here we go lol   I guess this was a bad idea just trying to help a brotha out!!! tongue

#3 2010-04-22 11:00am

Kid718
Bill Effin' Murray
Website

I don't really see the issue people have with the "how much is it worth threads".  I mean, if you dug your old bike out of storage, and wanted to know it's current value...going to a forum full of bmx collectors and asking isn't really the worst place to start.  It's probably the best place to ask actually.

Open to fair offers on anything I have for sale.

#4 2010-04-22 11:07am

BMX*Racer*1983
Pro Member

stonie wrote:

five wrote:

Kid718 wrote:

I don't really see the issue people have with the "how much is it worth threads".  I mean, if you dug your old bike out of storage, and wanted to know it's current value...going to a forum full of bmx collectors and asking isn't really the worst place to start.  It's probably the best place to ask actually.

+1

+2

Well +3 OK This what I see 99.9% of the time when someone asked that! wink  Is it not? http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=220039

#5 2010-04-22 11:10am

psychoduddycycles
Pro MemberWAYYYY in the red since 1983
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 1

Kid718 wrote:

So by that logic....if I had an ounce of crack...I should take it to a crackhouse to get appraised? hmm. I guess next time I'm bartending I'll ask the drunks how much their drinks are worth. Then charge them accordingly.

Sometimes, to make a paradise, you gotta release a SERPENT.

#6 2010-04-22 11:21am

DIPSOMANIAC
AdminPOST YOUR SCORES!
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 1

Isn't it 30 posts before leaving feedback?
Great info. smile

I'm letting the liquor do the thinking.....

#7 2010-04-22 11:32am

txex97
Expert
Bikes: 3

in all seriousness, I think this is the RIGHT place to get some estimate on worth, but not just by asking what's this worth.  See what similar items sold for, if you can find some with prices still attached, use the search function of the site.  Compare what you find with ebay sales histories.  Actual sales don't lie, people do.

-Mark

LOOKING FOR: Huffy Rawhide banana-seater

#8 2010-04-22 2:40pm

daltonbuck
Iron Sheik
Bikes: 1
Website

Kid718 wrote:

I agree. I don't see the big deal. This site is fortunate enough to have people in the know who could "ball park" something for a guy who dug his old bike out. And all of us others are even more fortunate to have people like you around.

If a guy is being a dic K about it or its obvious he just joined to get his bikes appraised so he can then turn around and try to sell them on here for that amount, sure, no argument there.

But I was in that spot one time. (I don't recall asking what my old 86 Robinson was worth, but only because i wasn't interested in selling it).

my .02

Always interested in 80s models Robinsons and ELFs. I will always make an offer. I collect square corner DK stems. So PM if you have some to get rid of OR if you need one for your build. I have ALL colors.

#9 2010-04-22 2:53pm

bigsbike
Bikes: 5

Those threads on how much something is worth are cool.  The people wathcing the threads get to see who is here thats cool and who the pricks are.

#10 2010-05-06 5:56am

classichutch
Centurion Member

As a newbie, I found this thread both helpful and hysterical.

As to the issue of whether it is appropriate to ask for the value of an item, it seems to me that there is a difference between (a) genuinely asking for members to share their thoughts because you don't know the value of your item, and (b) manipulating members and circumventing the BMXM rules by asking about an item's value solely to lure folks in and sell the item in question. I realize, of course, that it may be difficult at times to tell a person's underlying intention when posting such a query.

Thanks to BMX*Racer*1983 for the initial post in this thread.

Moving to Tallahassee! Please let me know where the best places for street and trail riding are!

#11 2010-07-12 10:06am

oldguy25
Museum Addict
Website

bigsbike wrote:

Those threads on how much something is worth are cool.  The people wathcing the threads get to see who is here thats cool and who the pricks are.

Exactly. It doesn't take long to spot the a$$ holes on here. They are the ones makeing dumb jokes. I think people asking is no big deal, when I first got back into BMX I wanted my childhood bikes again. So the first General Lee I had the oppurtunity to buy I paid the guys asking price, luckly for my he gave me a great deal and I didn't get screwed. However I have seen that happen alot, and if they already have a bike they are looking to price, who's to say they aren't keeping their eyes open for another one and they want to know what price to pay for one.(personal expierence again)

#12 2010-07-12 1:32pm

BMX*Racer*1983
Pro Member

oldguy25 wrote:

bigsbike wrote:

Exactly. It doesn't take long to spot the a$$ holes on here. They are the ones makeing dumb jokes. I think people asking is no big deal, when I first got back into BMX I wanted my childhood bikes again. So the first General Lee I had the oppurtunity to buy I paid the guys asking price, luckly for my he gave me a great deal and I didn't get screwed. However I have seen that happen alot, and if they already have a bike they are looking to price, who's to say they aren't keeping their eyes open for another one and they want to know what price to pay for one.(personal expierence again)

Yes if your looking to buy something is one thing but to come here and ask how much it's worth to sell it is another. If your looking to sell something and have no idea what it is worth stick it on ebay and start it at .99 cents, when it's all over you'll know what the value is! wink

#13 2010-07-12 5:42pm

oldguy25
Museum Addict
Website

BMX*Racer*1983 wrote:

oldguy25 wrote:

bigsbike wrote:

Yes if your looking to buy something is one thing but to come here and ask how much it's worth to sell it is another. If your looking to sell something and have no idea what it is worth stick it on ebay and start it at .99 cents, when it's all over you'll know what the value is! wink

agreed if they put on their post " I want to sell this and need to know what it is worth" feed'em to the dogs. But what I am saying is some people dog others out for a simple question. I don't mind ball busting but it gets outta control on here alot. If the NEWB is looking to make a quick buck, then right stick to ebay.

#14 2010-07-12 6:31pm

gtmorse
"Georgie Porgie"
Bikes: 4
Website

As a new member, it's good to know the ins and outs of the site..  I've done enough lurking here so far, that I think I know what to do and what not to do.  That's what I'd suggest...  get on and do ALOT of reading.  You can get a feel by doing just that...

Self proclaimed "Non-Newb.." wink

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit - Luke 23:46

[img]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l560/George903/bw-Louisville-chapter1.jpg[/img]

#15 2010-07-27 11:06am

oldguy25
Museum Addict
Website

johnng23604 wrote:

oldguy25 wrote:

johnng23604 wrote:

Hey, can anybody tell me how much my collection of Mongooses might be worth if I gave them away and wrote it off as a charitable donation? big_smile

ill give u a receipt for 1500.00 just send it to money

So.... is that all they are worth?
Or do I have to put them on ebay?

I'm not sure what they are worth, how you been Johnny? I've been laid out with a broke ankle. I hope they will let me start working in about 2 weeks.

#16 2010-07-27 9:00pm

calvin666
Museum Newbie

So where do i post a pic of a bike to maybe get some help figuring out what it is??

F.T.W.

#17 2010-08-07 1:17pm

johnng23604
U seen my "baseball"
Bikes: 44
Website

calvin666 wrote:

So where do i post a pic of a bike to maybe get some help figuring out what it is??

You post it in the "name it" forum section, preferably with pictures.

I'm looking for the following frames, frame & forks or completes by BMX products:
MotoTrac (nickle or chrome), Racer-X or a Super-X (with the double gussets).
Thanks wink
I'm also johnng23604 at "Retro-goose", "VintageBMX" & "RADbmx"

#18 2010-08-26 12:31pm

GSC
Centurion Member

How do find the member listing, I wanted to leave a feedback, a good one at that, but since I purchased off the beta for sale section, I am lost !

They say money talks, but all I hear is change jingling...."GSC"

#19 2010-10-02 11:34pm

instantvintage

daltonbuck wrote:

Kid718 wrote:

I agree. I don't see the big deal. This site is fortunate enough to have people in the know who could "ball park" something for a guy who dug his old bike out. And all of us others are even more fortunate to have people like you around.

If a guy is being a dic K about it or its obvious he just joined to get his bikes appraised so he can then turn around and try to sell them on here for that amount, sure, no argument there.

But I was in that spot one time. (I don't recall asking what my old 86 Robinson was worth, but only because i wasn't interested in selling it).

my .02

Good point! Also, sometimes you just want to know what something is worth before you dump a shit load of money into it.

#20 2010-12-10 2:03am

magecard
Centurion Member

PRICES SHOUlD BE LEFT ON SITE even after its SOLD . "price guide" if you will.

In Search Of : 1998 GT speed series TEAM sticker sets. 1998 REDLINE PL-24 GOLD Components

#21 2010-12-10 3:45am

cricketman
Pro Member
Bikes: 12

another no no, if you dont like the price on something someone is sell, bit your tounge, shut your mouth, and move on. and dont pm the seller and call the a crook if you dont like the price.

#22 2010-12-28 9:33pm

MyHobby80
For Sale Restricted

There's alot of non-serious conversating for a "How Too" Forum. However, the begining of the site was very usefull and helpfull, thanks!

Cruzin' 4 a Bruzin'

#23 2010-12-28 9:45pm

MyHobby80
For Sale Restricted

Another thing, I only have a few items to sell and am not sure where to go. I've only purchased and yes I have read several forums but they only speak of how to post pictures not how to sell. i understand i have to pay to sell but now what? where do i pay? please help me out. thanks

Cruzin' 4 a Bruzin'

#24 2010-12-28 9:53pm

johnng23604
U seen my "baseball"
Bikes: 44
Website

MyHobby80 wrote:

Another thing, I only have a few items to sell and am not sure where to go. I've only purchased and yes I have read several forums but they only speak of how to post pictures not how to sell. i understand i have to pay to sell but now what? where do i pay? please help me out. thanks

Here ya go:

http://bmxmuseum.com/pro

I'm looking for the following frames, frame & forks or completes by BMX products:
MotoTrac (nickle or chrome), Racer-X or a Super-X (with the double gussets).
Thanks wink
I'm also johnng23604 at "Retro-goose", "VintageBMX" & "RADbmx"

#25 2010-12-29 10:33am

stoneykilo
Museum Newbie

must hav 20 posts to buy now ,did i just post?

Board footer

View Cart →