You are not logged in.

2008 Eastern Ace of Spades

#1 2012-05-19 1:17am

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Bikes: 3
Website

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/pict1078.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/pict10841.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/pict10811.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/pict10861.jpg

Gone, but not forgotten.

Frame appears to be between 2007-2009, so I listed as 2008.
I love new-school tech, but I love old-school style.  I built this as a compromise between them.  I had a hard time trying to find an all neon-yellow or all purple new-school frame.  Finding a complete set of parts/accessories in either color was also difficult.  I settled for mixing the two on a black frame.  A very big thanks to all the BMX Museum members who helped by selling me parts for this build!
**UPDATE**
I recently parted this out & the frame & cranks were a gift to my niece.  I put a LOT of miles on this bike--lots of good memories.  I'll miss it, but it's time to move on.  I don't really have room for more than 2 bikes, and being a lifelong DTT fanboy, this one goes to make way for my new Torker Kickback.  Maybe someday the parts will live on in a new build.  smile

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#2 2013-05-20 2:38pm

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Website

Re: 2008 Eastern Ace of Spades

Did some more upgrades today.  This bike is also has to get me to & from work when the weather is nice, so in addition to the Kong Beetle lights, the cushy seat & the cable-lock, it now has a bike bell.  Europeans are crazy about making sure bikes are "legal".  Had to swap out the sushi bars for some mosh bars, since there wasn't enough room to fit the bell on the 7/8" grip section (mosh bars have the taper closer to center).  I also lowered the seat a tad & moved the bars in a bit.

Oh, and i got a Fly F-16 jersey to match my gloves, so now I can practically fit in with the european style of accessorizing with your bike.  big_smile

#3 2013-08-19 12:03pm

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Website

Well I've got alternate trans to-from work now...so I've slimmed it down a bit.  Swapped in some Q2's & put a "proper-looking" seat on it.  I'll probably have to swap out the chain.  The color is great, but the quality leaves something to be desired.

Thanks for looking!

#4 2013-09-17 9:14am

Fatboy
Pro Member"He's just Big Boned"
Bikes: 88
For Sale: 7
Website

I HATE It!

Actually , I like it.  People don't appreciate how difficult it is to get all the colors just right like that.

Stuff I want: 2000 24" DB Reactor Team frame ,  Voxom and Enigma stuff. Alliant / Radix stem and stuff.  JW and Stiffys stuff.  Cool late mid-school cruiser parts.

#5 2013-09-17 10:01am

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Website

Fatboy wrote:

I HATE It!

Actually , I like it.  People don't appreciate how difficult it is to get all the colors just right like that.

Thanks!  I got really lucky on the seat.  If i could get decals matching the color scheme...I'd be happy as a pig in mud.

#6 2014-05-10 10:54am

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Website

Well it is officially out of my stable.  On Monday, the frame & cranks are going to my niece.  I loved this bike--I just don't have room.  C'est la vie.  I did save most of the parts, so maybe someday it will live on in another build.  cool

#7 2014-10-17 12:20pm

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T
Bikes: 10

I love bikes with some neon colori g on them.  You accomplished that.  I hope to do the same.

Taylor Allen John Anstrom  .....  Finally found my baby. 1987 Roadmaster Thriller Freestyle!!  Baby blue with white tires and gum sidewalls.  The members of this site made it possible to make my dream come true.

#8 2014-10-17 3:52pm

Sane
Pro Member
Bikes: 9
Website

Nice. I have one of these frames. Picked it up with some other frames and parts.
It was stripped down and took me forevvvvvvvver to figure out which Eastern frame
it was.

I'm a twin top tube junkie myself...so this one has never been built. I wouldn't mind trying
a new school frame like this...but I don't have a suitable fork for it.

WANTED - Odyssey Clutch v1 3/8" axle kit

I've actually been a member here since 2006..

#9 2014-10-17 10:19pm

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Website

Well guys, I've actually got most of the neon-colored stuff off this bike still.  And those forks too.  Hit me up via PM.

Board footer