You are not logged in.

2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

#26 2012-05-08 5:34pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
From: Hollywood, PA
Registered: 2008-11-05
Posts: 2293
Bikes: 8
Website
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

I should be there with my kids.  Stoked!


ride your bike until it breaks.

Offline

 

#27 2012-05-08 7:07pm

G.
Pro Member
From: Filthadelphia, PA
Registered: 2008-10-08
Posts: 4088
Bikes: 56
For Sale: 3
Website
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

I really need someone to step up and take charge of organizing the food contribution side of things from now till the event!! Or even two people splitting it?  . 1979 is willing to coach and help anyone looking to help with this position. He will be there the day of the BBQ to help and cook, but he's banned or here, and can't organize the donations.


LOOKING FOR :
Mid to Late 90's Race stuff  20 & 24"
Standard Bykes Race parts & f/f
Profile Racing chain tensioners in DK Gold (mid school ones)

RAW DEAL TEES

Offline

 

#28 2012-05-08 7:46pm

Jon1971
"100 Flavors of Fun"...
From: Philly-ish
Registered: 2010-07-25
Posts: 2988
Bikes: 5
Website
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

G. wrote:

I really need someone to step up and take charge of organizing the food contribution side of things from now till the event!! Or even two people splitting it?  . 1979 is willing to coach and help anyone looking to help with this position. He will be there the day of the BBQ to help and cook, but he's banned or here, and can't organize the donations.

I can most likely take it on, if someone else will do the cooking. I can't cook a hot dog in the microwave properly.

This would pretty much be getting a list of who is bringing what and assigning stuff that is still needed, yes? Give me a call tomorrow about it, but figure me for 99% likely to do this.


Do I owe you feedback? Please remind me via PM and I'll take care of it.

Offline

 

#29 2012-05-09 11:53am

cloned25
Centurion Member
From: Buck County, PA
Registered: 2008-03-14
Posts: 107
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

G / Jon I can certainly help out again with food / cook / tables / grills / crock pots again.  I can send a PM offline, but I think if we can get a list of what people are willing / able to donate we can fill in the holes with donations and personal contribtions.

I did pulled Chicken and Meatballs last year which seemed to go over pretty well. I can take that on no problem.

I think we had steaks / burgers / dogs donated, so lets see if people are willing to at least donate what they were able to do last year....??

Offline

 

#30 2012-05-09 1:08pm

tim1218
Pro Memberside-pull boy
From: Jersey Shore
Registered: 2009-11-20
Posts: 9467
Bikes: 53
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

Last year I brought a lot of cases of water, & juice boxes for the kids.

I can do water again, not sure how many kids are going 'cause there were A LOT of juice left.

So, I'll make a Costco run and I will do:

--Cases of Water
--Some Boxes of Knives, forks and spoons
--Some Paper plates

Offline

 

#31 2012-05-09 1:21pm

G.
Pro Member
From: Filthadelphia, PA
Registered: 2008-10-08
Posts: 4088
Bikes: 56
For Sale: 3
Website
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

yeah, unfortunately the shop that supported last year w burgers and steaks cant afford to help again this year. I really appreciated yours and everyone's generosity with all that was contributed, we had tons of food and I was bummed I didnt get to sample all of it.

After Jon and I talk, if he's taking the job, he and Bill can go over some stuff. From there, we will probably have Jon start a food contribution thread like last years thread.


Last year I had a lot more time on my hands than I currently do, so I can use all the help anyone's willing to give

Last edited by G. (2012-05-09 1:22pm)


LOOKING FOR :
Mid to Late 90's Race stuff  20 & 24"
Standard Bykes Race parts & f/f
Profile Racing chain tensioners in DK Gold (mid school ones)

RAW DEAL TEES

Offline

 

#32 2012-05-09 1:50pm

malibu jim
"Jimmy!"
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2010-06-27
Posts: 349
Bikes: 2
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

I need a shirt in a 2x the last few rides I went on I could only get a shirt for my girl


[img]http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/malibu-jim/bikes/bikeatlighthouse018-1.jpg[/img]

Looking for 1990-1992 2O Inch GHP frame & forks

Offline

 

#33 2012-05-09 2:32pm

G.
Pro Member
From: Filthadelphia, PA
Registered: 2008-10-08
Posts: 4088
Bikes: 56
For Sale: 3
Website
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

malibu jim wrote:

I need a shirt in a 2x the last few rides I went on I could only get a shirt for my girl

We'll have shirts, although either my friends from Bark Tees who did last years shirt will hopefully be set up the day of the event, or shirts will be available online before the event through my upcoming Tee Shirt line that is a collaboration with Bark. I might try to get a friend to come and handle Tee's for me that day if Bark will not be there. It was a huge hassle last year and consumed a lot of my time that day and the weeks before


LOOKING FOR :
Mid to Late 90's Race stuff  20 & 24"
Standard Bykes Race parts & f/f
Profile Racing chain tensioners in DK Gold (mid school ones)

RAW DEAL TEES

Offline

 

#34 2012-05-10 10:55am

v_dubber
Member
From: Frederick, MD
Registered: 2012-02-17
Posts: 38
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

can't wait to do this ride

Offline

 

#35 2012-05-10 12:24pm

tim1218
Pro Memberside-pull boy
From: Jersey Shore
Registered: 2009-11-20
Posts: 9467
Bikes: 53
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

Hey G,

Here's a suggestion for this years get together. I found that there were a lot of guys on here that i talked to and I was getting tired of asking what their ID was.
what if we get some ID tags with our screen names on them?

Offline

 

#36 2012-05-10 12:32pm

chromey
Pro MemberObi-Wan Chromey
From: Philadelphia, PA
Registered: 2007-07-19
Posts: 11525
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

tim1218 wrote:

Hey G,

Here's a suggestion for this years get together. I found that there were a lot of guys on here that i talked to and I was getting tired of asking what their ID was.
what if we get some ID tags with our screen names on them?

Almost everyone had Name Tags on last year.

You didnt see them?

Definitely a good idea... it will continue.
smile

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/PhillyOldSchoolBMXBBQ/First%20Annual%20Philly%20Old%20School%20BMX%20BBQ%204-30-11/IMG_3159.jpg

Even CHIP had one on.
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/PhillyOldSchoolBMXBBQ/First%20Annual%20Philly%20Old%20School%20BMX%20BBQ%204-30-11/IMG_3167.jpg


— — — — —
"every move is like a lightning..."

Offline

 

#37 2012-05-10 12:37pm

chromey
Pro MemberObi-Wan Chromey
From: Philadelphia, PA
Registered: 2007-07-19
Posts: 11525
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

Oh man... looks like even I was wearing one.

Who knew.  smile
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy310/estados7/largeraychromeyandfreedo.jpg?t=1304281112


— — — — —
"every move is like a lightning..."

Offline

 

#38 2012-05-10 12:56pm

tim1218
Pro Memberside-pull boy
From: Jersey Shore
Registered: 2009-11-20
Posts: 9467
Bikes: 53
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

chromey wrote:

Oh man... looks like even I was wearing one.

Who knew.  smile
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy31 … 1304281112

lollollol

Oh man, where was I?
Maybe I was thinking of the last Philly ride when we set up in the parking lot outside and then did the South Philly ride and over the bridge to NJ, not that one.
tongue

Last edited by tim1218 (2012-05-10 12:58pm)

Offline

 

#39 2012-05-10 3:38pm

Space-Man
Pro Member
From: Trenton area, NJ
Registered: 2009-09-16
Posts: 3121
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

tim1218 wrote:

chromey wrote:

Oh man... looks like even I was wearing one.

Who knew.  smile
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy31 … 1304281112

lollollol

Oh man, where was I?
Maybe I was thinking of the last Philly ride when we set up in the parking lot outside and then did the South Philly ride and over the bridge to NJ, not that one.
tongue

No Tim, I didn't have one either, we were both clueless I guess.  smile  That's why we talked for 15 mins before we realized you had just purchased that PK from me.  smile


Eye of the Survivor

I check the WTB section almost everyday, please try and do the same.
You may hook someone up and make some money to buy more parts.
  smile

Offline

 

#40 2012-05-10 6:57pm

Jon1971
"100 Flavors of Fun"...
From: Philly-ish
Registered: 2010-07-25
Posts: 2988
Bikes: 5
Website
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

Just a heads up, I'll be putting together a post regarding food donations in the next day or so. If you've already PMed me or posted in this thread, I'll put you down for what you've offered and be in touch to discuss quantities. Thanks!


Do I owe you feedback? Please remind me via PM and I'll take care of it.

Offline

 

#41 2012-05-11 7:24am

tim1218
Pro Memberside-pull boy
From: Jersey Shore
Registered: 2009-11-20
Posts: 9467
Bikes: 53
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

cool

Offline

 

#42 2012-05-11 11:16am

Jon1971
"100 Flavors of Fun"...
From: Philly-ish
Registered: 2010-07-25
Posts: 2988
Bikes: 5
Website
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

Food, supplies and cleanup volunteers thread is posted!
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 4#p3506814

Tim - can you PM me some numbers on the items you volunteered to bring so I can update my spreadsheet? Don't feel obligated to provide the full amount I mentioned in the items listed, just let me know some ballpark numbers that you can commit to. Thanks!


Do I owe you feedback? Please remind me via PM and I'll take care of it.

Offline

 

#43 2012-05-11 11:47am

tim1218
Pro Memberside-pull boy
From: Jersey Shore
Registered: 2009-11-20
Posts: 9467
Bikes: 53
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

Jon1971 wrote:

Food, supplies and cleanup volunteers thread is posted!
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 4#p3506814

Tim - can you PM me some numbers on the items you volunteered to bring so I can update my spreadsheet? Don't feel obligated to provide the full amount I mentioned in the items listed, just let me know some ballpark numbers that you can commit to. Thanks!

You got it, PM coming your way

Offline

 

#44 2012-05-11 3:24pm

G.
Pro Member
From: Filthadelphia, PA
Registered: 2008-10-08
Posts: 4088
Bikes: 56
For Sale: 3
Website
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

on a side note, Sunday is supposed to be nice, so I am going to ride Philly and scout some new spots to hit for the June 24 BBQ ride if anyone else wants to ride? I havent set a time yet, to see if anyone else wants to and based on when they can ride?

Hit me up on this post http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=422320


LOOKING FOR :
Mid to Late 90's Race stuff  20 & 24"
Standard Bykes Race parts & f/f
Profile Racing chain tensioners in DK Gold (mid school ones)

RAW DEAL TEES

Offline

 

#45 2012-05-13 6:13pm

estados
Pro Member
From: Bergen County, NJ
Registered: 2008-07-20
Posts: 1162
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 6
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

im going, cant wait...

Offline

 

#46 2012-05-15 9:47am

jpb71
Centurion Member
From: Pennsylvania
Registered: 2010-09-27
Posts: 189
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

Jon1971 wrote:

G. wrote:

I really need someone to step up and take charge of organizing the food contribution side of things from now till the event!! Or even two people splitting it?  . 1979 is willing to coach and help anyone looking to help with this position. He will be there the day of the BBQ to help and cook, but he's banned or here, and can't organize the donations.

I can most likely take it on, if someone else will do the cooking. I can't cook a hot dog in the microwave properly.

This would pretty much be getting a list of who is bringing what and assigning stuff that is still needed, yes? Give me a call tomorrow about it, but figure me for 99% likely to do this.

Jon1971 and I spoke briefly and I think we were going to do the food together.

Offline

 

#47 2012-05-16 7:33am

chromey
Pro MemberObi-Wan Chromey
From: Philadelphia, PA
Registered: 2007-07-19
Posts: 11525
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

I'm pretty sure my band is playing a show that night (23rd) - up the street about 5 minutes from the BBQ.
So it should be a (busy) but very fun saturday!  Could be a full weekend rager.

If so, more details to come. smile


— — — — —
"every move is like a lightning..."

Offline

 

#48 2012-05-16 9:28am

G.
Pro Member
From: Filthadelphia, PA
Registered: 2008-10-08
Posts: 4088
Bikes: 56
For Sale: 3
Website
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

chromey wrote:

I'm pretty sure my band is playing a show that night (23rd) - up the street about 5 minutes from the BBQ.
So it should be a (busy) but very fun saturday!  Could be a full weekend rager.

If so, more details to come. smile

Aww yeah! BMX party @ Chromey's gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a full weekend! Hey Chromey, are we going to have a flat land jam or RAD style bike dancing on the dance floor? lol


LOOKING FOR :
Mid to Late 90's Race stuff  20 & 24"
Standard Bykes Race parts & f/f
Profile Racing chain tensioners in DK Gold (mid school ones)

RAW DEAL TEES

Offline

 

#49 2012-05-16 9:55am

jpb71
Centurion Member
From: Pennsylvania
Registered: 2010-09-27
Posts: 189
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

G. wrote:

chromey wrote:

I'm pretty sure my band is playing a show that night (23rd) - up the street about 5 minutes from the BBQ.
So it should be a (busy) but very fun saturday!  Could be a full weekend rager.

If so, more details to come. smile

Aww yeah! BMX party @ Chromey's gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a full weekend! Hey Chromey, are we going to have a flat land jam or RAD style bike dancing on the dance floor? lol

I have dibs on Lori Loughlin if she shows.  Lol

Offline

 

#50 2012-05-16 10:34am

polterdeal
BMXer 4 Life
From: Philly Burbs
Registered: 2011-08-04
Posts: 4482
Bikes: 23
Offline

Re: 2012 Philly Old School BMX BBQ 6/23 (Swap/BBQ/Show) and Ride 6/24 !

kick ass, i'm there!


"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

Offline

 

Board footer