You are not logged in.

2012 Redline Flight Pro XXXL

#1 2012-05-05 11:41pm

tennisbum_132
Centurion Member
Signed up: 2007-07-26
Bikes: 9

http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_1398_copy2.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_1409_copy2.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_1426_copy1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_1423_copy0.jpg

The longest production frame available and it rides perfect!

My new whip, new-school with mid-school flavor!  Frame is a 2012 Redline Flight XXXL stripped and polished to a mirror finish.  I also had all parts stripped and anodized to match in the same shade of 3dv purple.  All stock bolts and nuts were also replaced with titanium during the build process.  Took a long time and more than a few headaches to complete but it was more than worth the trouble.  Hope everyone enjoys checking it out as much as I enjoy riding it!
A few more pics can be found here:  http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r64/ … ht%20XXXL/
Parts Breakdown:
Frame: 2012 Redline Flight Pro XXXL
Forks: Bombshell F1 Pro Carbon
Handlebars: S&M Slam XLT
Number Plate: Bomber Flames (Custom sticker job & Custom cut bomber numbers)
Barends: ODI Thug Plugs w/ti bolts
Gripstop: Eastern w/ti set screw
Stem: S&M Redneck XLT, w/Mirror Polished Ti Bolts
Headset: Odyssey Campy Spec
Headset Spacers: Crupi
Stemlock: Profile Lock w/ti bolts
Top Cap: SRP
Cranks: Profile 180mm No-Boss
Bottom Bracket: Profile External w/Ti spindle & Mirror Polished Ti Bolts
Chainwheel: Mirror Polished 45T Profile Elite Spline Drive
Hubs: Kovachi 36h Flip Flop, Purple Axle Collars w/ti bolts
Rims: Alienation Runaway Rear / Alienation Deviant Front
Spokes: Rainbow Anodized Marwi Titanium w/Purple Nipples
Tubes: Intense Race-lite
Tires: Tioga Powerblock S-Spec 1.75/2.1
Freewheel: White Industries W/custom purple lockring
Chain Guide: Paul's Components w/ti bolts
Chain: Connex BMX (Whipperman)
Chain Tensioners: Profile w/ti adjustment screws & jam nuts
Pedals: Shimano XTR M-985 Trail, w/custom purple nuts
Brakes: Paul's Moto-lite Z w/all ti hardware and custom anodized and polished cable hanger
Brake Pads: Mirror Polished XTR Pad Holders, Kool Stop Ceramic Pads, w/ti studs & nuts
Brake Lever: Paul's Love Lever, Mirror Polished, w/ti reach adjustment screw and perch bolt
Brake Booster: Paul's Components
Brake Studs: Titanium
Brake Cable: Watermelon Odyssey Linear Slic Cable w/trick top dice end
Seat: Selle Italia SLR Carbonio (Carbon wrapped Titanium Rails)
Seatpost: Thomson Elite w/Ti bolts/nuts/washers
Seatpost Clamp: Crupi Rhythm w/ti bolt

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

ALWAYS WANTED!!! Brand X Pro Sized Handlebars, Brand X 24" First Gen Fork, First Gen Haro Monocoque Frame

#2 2012-05-06 2:06am

Staats
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2008-07-17
Bikes: 13

Re: 2012 Redline Flight Pro XXXL

Amazing

#3 2012-05-11 9:31pm

tennisbum_132
Centurion Member

Staats wrote:

Amazing

Thanks!  :D

ALWAYS WANTED!!! Brand X Pro Sized Handlebars, Brand X 24" First Gen Fork, First Gen Haro Monocoque Frame

#4 2012-05-20 3:51pm

MACHINE
Museum Newbie
Signed up: 2009-03-12
Bikes: 5

Where did you get your ti. bolts? I got some from Jersey Cycles .com but that guy is an idiot he could never get all the right bolts I needed, he'd send 6 and 1 would have a different pitch in the threads or send the wrong type bolt head like tapered when I needed a non-tapered. After 2 months I quit dealing with him!

#5 2012-05-20 3:52pm

MACHINE
Museum Newbie

Sharp bike!!!!

#6 2012-05-20 7:17pm

tennisbum_132
Centurion Member

MACHINE wrote:

Where did you get your ti. bolts? I got some from Jersey Cycles .com but that guy is an idiot he could never get all the right bolts I needed, he'd send 6 and 1 would have a different pitch in the threads or send the wrong type bolt head like tapered when I needed a non-tapered. After 2 months I quit dealing with him!

Thanks!  Sounds like you've had quite a time with that guy...a very similar time to the one I had with my polishing guy, or should I say X polishing guy.  lol. 

I got the majority of my ti bolts from Mettec titanium and the hard to find ones from United Titanium.  Mettec is cheaper, has no minimum order $$ amount, and gives a 10% discount to racers if you order by phone.  United is a little more on the pricey side ($2-3 more per fastener) but has some of the harder to find sizes like fine thread and cylindrical head larger sizes.  United also had a minimum order $$ amount of $100 per order.  At the time I only needed $20 or so worth so I partnered up with a guy from the track that needed some and it wasn't hard to get to the minimum order $$.  Both places have great customer service, never sending me anything except exactly what I ordered and also allowing me to return & exchange a few items that I ordered that didn't work.  A word to the wise, make sure to determine acceptable grip length and then confirm when ordering.  Wow, I wrote a book.  Lol.  Hope this helps with your ti fastener issues!

#7 2012-05-21 5:25pm

MACHINE
Museum Newbie

Thanks man! I appreciate the info. That's funny I have Mettec saved in my favs but just haven't placed an order since Jersey Cycles they kinda soured me on buying ti. bolts.

#8 2012-05-21 6:12pm

tennisbum_132
Centurion Member

It's really not hard to get soured with some of the service quality that's out there right now.  I will never deal with ORP in Houston again because of the experiences me and some close friends have had with them.  I just don't understand how people think they're going to grow or sustain their businesses with that kind of sub-par service.

#9 2012-06-22 6:27am

CNB73
Museum Newbie
Signed up: 2012-06-22

Sweet bike! I'm thinking about ordering one complete from a local shop
here in Houston.
I really wanna get back into racing & being 6ft5 I'm thinking
the Pro XXXL would be perfect. Any thoughts?

#10 2012-06-22 7:59am

tennisbum_132
Centurion Member

CNB73 wrote:

Sweet bike! I'm thinking about ordering one complete from a local shop
here in Houston.
I really wanna get back into racing & being 6ft5 I'm thinking
the Pro XXXL would be perfect. Any thoughts?

Thanks!  It's a really great, solid ride and the factory complete with the scythe fork is a racing machine that's hard to beat for the $$.  I'm 6'2 or so and it rides very nicely. 

If I might make one suggestion, don't order from ORP.  The guy may have one impressive shop but when it came time to make things right on the botched polishing job he provided on my frame he acted like he didn't want to hear it and walked away from me twice while I was talking to him.  Not the kind of customer service one would expect after spending upwards of $600 on polishing and parts, plus numerous purchases in the past.  Off the top of my head I can think of four or five friends who have gone through the same scenario.  I would HIGHLY recommend Webster Bicycle, it may be a little drive to get there but their customer service is second to none and they can get anything ORP can.  Just ask for Cody or Ruben and tell em' Jack sent you.  They'll fix you up!

#11 2012-06-22 8:37am

CNB73
Museum Newbie
Signed up: 2012-06-22

Cool thanks a lot ! I make out to the clear lake area about once a week so I will definitely stop in there.

#12 2012-10-23 2:47pm

Schwinning1984
Pro MemberMore period correct than Jeff's Menstrual Cycle
Signed up: 2012-03-21

This thing is so awesome... I was actually talking to someone a couple weeks ago about buying one of these and then stripping and polishing it... Great Minds think a like.  Really cool

NEEDED IMMEDIATELY
*Gold 1st/2ng Gen Profile threadless stem!!!
*NICE Kegels Padset
*OG Black Kastan Padset
**PayPal Ready**
**Plenty to trade**

#13 2014-01-24 3:56am

eric12
NI4NI
Signed up: 2012-10-09

That is one serious long one you have there. You should be proud. :D nice bike too.

You can't put a price on peace of mind.

This too shall pass.

That's the way it goes. Life ain't fair and the world is mean.

Post #6442 in RLF thread. Great reading.

#14 2014-07-26 6:50pm

mvwmvw
Signed up: 2012-05-08

I just had my XXXL stolen. Any chance you could PM me your serial number so I can cross reference/figure out the "common" numbers so I can give the police something to go on? This was taken last Sunday...bike was stolen yesterday. :|http://www.foothillsbmx.com/Photos/2014/JUly_20/VonWahlde_Mike.JPG

Board footer