You are not logged in.

BONE DEATH HANDLEBARS  RSS Feed

#1 2012-05-01 9:42am

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 16

BONE DEATH HANDLEBARS

Wanted some opinions. I am considering getting a pair.

If I Will Throw An Elbow To My Best Friend  In A Turn,what Makes You Think I Wont Do It To You????????????

Former National 29 35-40x  -NBL
2010 2011 Regional #3  NBL

2019 district 174 USABMX

#2 2012-05-01 10:38am

pwh4130
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

Re: BONE DEATH HANDLEBARS

just got them and going to put them on my retro condor today.  Nice 4 piece bar.  masterblasterplanet is an ebay shop rin by my friend.  8, 8.5 or 9" rise available.

ride your bike until it breaks.

#3 2012-05-01 10:48am

spbmx
Dick Trickle
Bikes: 1

You can at least count on them being strong.  Just watch BoneDeth videos on youtube.  As far as the feel goes, that's a personal preference, but they may take some getting used to if you've rode regular 2 pc. bars for years.

Looking for a 24" or 26" DJ MTB

#4 2012-05-01 11:05am

dpercival
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

I like my Hitman 4 piece bars, Made in USA 4Q baked.  I definitely LOVE the Bone Deth bars as well.  They are both Hoffman copies!!!
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/dpercival1971/Hitman%20Bikes/IMG_6391.jpg
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/dpercival1971/Hitman%20Bikes/IMG_6397.jpg
Availabe on ebay through street-mafia-bmx
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HITMAN-BMX-BIKE … 902wt_1035

Alpha Company, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard Of The Army) Veteran.

#5 2012-05-01 11:13am

wds
Pro Member
Bikes: 13

I'd say the Hitman bars are more like the S&M AD bars or Standard Strip bars. the Bonedeth bars are like the Hoffman bars, not just in the crossbar, but in the way they attach to the clamp area
http://bonedethbmx.com/index/product%20pages/highres/BON_DeadmanBars-Bk%20copy.jpg
If you like the look of the Bonedeth bars, but prefer more backsweep, try to find a pr of Goods BMX's Stanton Meth bars.
http://goodsbmx.net/blog/?p=4349
Also modeled after the Hoffman/Bully/Redline bars, but with 12 degrees of backsweep vs. Bonedeth's 10. Made by Solid BMX.
I like 'em.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/wds178/Bikes/debaced0.jpg
-Bill

#6 2012-05-01 11:27am

Mr. Fit
Pro Memberformerly known as "sh1tfit"

Both the above mentioned bars are a sub par design and are more* prone to failure. The junction by the clamping area is inferior to a two piece bar. There is a lot of stress there, and a half wrap weld (which was proven inferior on cranks 20+ years ago) can and will not hold up to hard riding as well as a quality 2pc. bar.

I had that same bar made that stanton has, by the same manufacturer, a few years back. 8 of out 10 tests sets broke, fortunately none catastrophically.

Remember the odyssey 4x4 bars? probably not, because they only sold them for about a year, and quit due to failure.
If odsy can't make it good with their 41 thermal heating, then who can?

If you value your teeth, get a pair of Slam bars instead.

Last edited by Mr. Fit (2012-05-01 12:02pm)

Steel is Real!

#7 2012-05-01 11:37am

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics

Mr. Fit wrote:

Both the above mentioned bars are a sub par design and are prone to failure. The junction by the clamping are is inferior to a two piece bar. There is a lot of stress there, and a half wrap weld (which was proven inferior on cranks 20+ years ago) can and will not hold up to hard riding.

I had that same bar made that stanton has, by the same manufacturer, a few years back. 8 of out 10 tests sets broke, fortunately none catastrophically.

Remember the odyssey 4x4 bars? probably not, because they only sold them for about a year, and quit due to failure.

Thank the good lord I saw this post,I would not want to go for a ride in the near future,ride off a curb and smash all my teeth out due to my Bonedeth Deadman bars being inferior & weak.Looks like I will be taking them off and throwing them over my shoulder and replace them with unbreakable Slam bars.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Lying cheating untrustworthy scamming livestock screwing woman beating ugly crater face racist snitch!

#8 2012-05-01 11:45am

deveus33
Pro MemberMini Hoder
For Sale: 3

here are some of the dudes that these "WEAK/INFERIOR" bars were designed for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLQu5vGHkQ4

I Want To Play A Game

#9 2012-05-01 12:00pm

Mr. Fit
Pro Memberformerly known as "sh1tfit"

Your sarcasm may have been relevant Spyker had there not been damning evidence laid on the table, and had my statements been pulled out of thin air.
Instead you sound like a fool.

Also worth mentioning; I've got nothing against either company, but I sleep better at night knowing the bars I had made are not on anyones bike anymore.

Edit:
Take it how you will, but when you learn to read things in context let me know! Until then, please be sure to get your panites in a wad.

Last edited by Mr. Fit (2012-05-01 12:06pm)

Steel is Real!

#10 2012-05-01 12:22pm

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 19

wds wrote:

I'd say the Hitman bars are more like the S&M AD bars or Standard Strip bars. the Bonedeth bars are like the Hoffman bars, not just in the crossbar, but in the way they attach to the clamp area
http://bonedethbmx.com/index/product%20 … 20copy.jpg
If you like the look of the Bonedeth bars, but prefer more backsweep, try to find a pr of Goods BMX's Stanton Meth bars.
http://goodsbmx.net/blog/?p=4349
Also modeled after the Hoffman/Bully/Redline bars, but with 12 degrees of backsweep vs. Bonedeth's 10. Made by Solid BMX.
I like 'em.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/ … baced0.jpg
-Bill

man, thats a nice looking bike!

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#11 2012-05-01 1:08pm

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!
For Sale: 16

just got them and going to put them on my retro condor today.  Nice 4 piece bar.  masterblasterplanet is an ebay shop rin by my friend.  8, 8.5 or 9" rise available.

I was looking at them because of the angles. 10 and 3 the same angles as my Shadow bars on my race bike. Thesre bars would go on  the trickstar, if I got them

If I Will Throw An Elbow To My Best Friend  In A Turn,what Makes You Think I Wont Do It To You????????????

Former National 29 35-40x  -NBL
2010 2011 Regional #3  NBL

2019 district 174 USABMX

#12 2012-05-02 8:15am

deveus33
Pro MemberMini Hoder

although i do see where sh1tfit is coming from ...

I Want To Play A Game

#13 2012-05-02 8:51am

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

Mr. Fit wrote:

Both the above mentioned bars are a sub par design and are more* prone to failure. The junction by the clamping area is inferior to a two piece bar. There is a lot of stress there, and a half wrap weld (which was proven inferior on cranks 20+ years ago) can and will not hold up to hard riding as well as a quality 2pc. bar.

I don't disagree with you at all.  I broke many Primo Moe's bars (like the S&M AD), Hoffman, Haro and Basic handlebars.  I have had a set of Odyssey 44's on my flat bike for about 8 years though and they are holding tight with some street and ramp riding thrown in.

The 4 piece bars are stiffer but transfer all the shock down to the welds.  Two piece bars usually bend or crack at the crossbar weld first.  I have cracked 2 piece bars at the stem clamping area but that could be from overtightening but not likely.

Still, the 4 piece bars have a look people like.  They are also narrow at the clamping area which helps with turndowns and about a million flatland tricks.  All of us should know by now no BMX parts last forever.  We should also know to look for cracks and stress marks around welds.  I'm putting my Bonedeth bars on my Condor but I have FBM Belmar bars on my regular streeter.  Sooner or later they all die.  The trick is to keep an eye on your parts before you get hurt.

#14 2012-05-02 8:54am

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

Ant-  I shop by geometry too.  Trust me, they would be the strongest part on a Trick Star.

#15 2012-05-02 9:05am

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

Well....
I love fbm, yea there a little 666 going on over there but I'm sorry bone death and them boys take it too fair..
Kicking over grave stones to make a jump...... And then photo and film it.... That's a bit much for me.... I stay away from there products.

But I can't denie that burns is a great rider!!!

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.
Got me a Model-C aftermarket frame!!!!

Kink frame anyone..? P.m me

#16 2012-05-02 9:22am

Deuce
Expert

deveus33 wrote:

here are some of the dudes that these "WEAK/INFERIOR" bars were designed for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLQu5vGHkQ4

Cool video. Looks like those guys use 2 piece bars too. I could have missed others here and there though...

#17 2012-05-02 9:54am

cdridesonly
Museum Addict
Bikes: 10
Website

I think it is purely un-scientific and there is no source or facts to say 4pc (or more) are weaker just because of the welds..   There's more too it then that..  Mainly being tube thicknesses used are too thin (lately).   Otherwise it's just pure bias BS that only really changed because, lately people only care about weight, and that's the only reason anyone runs 2pc bars now; not for actual strength value.

What is the height of these Hitman Castillo bar copies?  and no up-sweep right?  I'd get this bar to try it if there is minimal upsweep to so I don't get a lot of shoulder pain (like I did with bob scerbo bars).  I only really like just back sweep of 10 to 12. 
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/dpercival1971/Hitman%20Bikes/IMG_6391.jpg

Last edited by cdridesonly (2012-05-02 9:56am)

Promoter of the anti-big wheels campaign. (20" wheels only for everything, road, mtb, track, touring).

#18 2012-05-02 10:05am

cdridesonly
Museum Addict
Bikes: 10
Website

spyker wrote:

Mr. Fit wrote:

Both the above mentioned bars are a sub par design and are prone to failure. The junction by the clamping are is inferior to a two piece bar. There is a lot of stress there, and a half wrap weld (which was proven inferior on cranks 20+ years ago) can and will not hold up to hard riding.

Thank the good lord I saw this post,I would not want to go for a ride in the near future,ride off a curb and smash all my teeth out due to my Bonedeth Deadman bars being inferior & weak.Looks like I will be taking them off and throwing them over my shoulder and replace them with unbreakable Slam bars.

I lol'd at this..   I've seen Slams break bend and whatever else...

Promoter of the anti-big wheels campaign. (20" wheels only for everything, road, mtb, track, touring).

#19 2012-05-02 10:10am

deveus33
Pro MemberMini Hoder

i've seen CULT leader bars snap like twigs .... slams get bent the $hit out of and so on and so forth .....if you ride hard expect the unexpected i guess....

I Want To Play A Game

#20 2012-05-02 10:16am

spyker

TheKoolKids wrote:

Well....
I love fbm, yea there a little 666 going on over there but I'm sorry bone death and them boys take it too fair..
Kicking over grave stones to make a jump...... And then photo and film it.... That's a bit much for me.... I stay away from there products.

But I can't denie that burns is a great rider!!!

Read a interview on that whole gravestone thing,they did not kick it over for the photoshoot,it was already down on the ground and they happen to stumble upon it,so they say anyways.

Bonedeth has some pretty good products,can't wait until they release the 48H hubs they have planned.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Lying cheating untrustworthy scamming livestock screwing woman beating ugly crater face racist snitch!

#21 2012-05-02 10:19am

spyker

cdridesonly wrote:

All bars can snap,bend or break,it's not like Moeller @ S&M sprinkles them with fairy dust to make them immuned to damage.

#22 2012-05-02 11:08am

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

To tell you a true story, I know a guy who owns a big bmx company (not named above) who makes bars that will bend.  He and the riders would rather go through a couple of bars than destroy their wrists.  I have seen so many people, including myself, jack their wrists on the hold Hoffman Love Handles.  Trust me, a little flex is good.  You don't want super stiff bars.

#23 2012-05-02 11:26am

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

spyker wrote:

cdridesonly wrote:

All bars can snap,bend or break,it's not like Moeller @ S&M sprinkles them with fairy dust to make them immuned to damage.

Yes he does!!!

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.
Got me a Model-C aftermarket frame!!!!

Kink frame anyone..? P.m me

#24 2012-05-02 12:25pm

cmc
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

pwh4130 wrote:

. . .I have seen so many people, including myself, jack their wrists on the hold Hoffman Love Handles.  Trust me, a little flex is good.  You don't want super stiff bars.

i jacked my wrist on Hoffman Love Handles too. 

Then again, back in 1996,  I actually preferred 1" head tubes and wedgebolt stems over 1 1/8 threadless when they first came out because wedge-bolt stems allow for a little more flex.

20", 22", 24", 26", and 700c !

#25 2012-05-02 5:45pm

Roy Munson
Pro MemberWorst PR in BMX
Bikes: 6
Website

TheKoolKids wrote:

spyker wrote:

cdridesonly wrote:

Yes he does!!!

It's semen. Not fairy dust

Board footer

View Cart →