You are not logged in.

First Ever Supergoose Pads  RSS Feed

#1 2012-04-14 5:23pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Bikes: 1
Website

First Ever Supergoose Pads

Ok Guys, Thought I would post them to see what everyones thinks.
Heres the dail. Back when I had this bike as a Teen I always thought it would be cool if I had a Supergoose pad set in Orange...Thing is they werent made.
Being I just did a Rep. of that bike for my son I looked into haveing a set of orange Flite pads slik screened. After the reserch I was informed by a local screen printer it would run into $300 or so....THATS NUTS! Just as bad as the Mongoose pads going for 100's on line or E-Bay. If anyone wants the how to, just PM me I will be happy to tell you how I did it and what you need. It caust me around $25 to $30.
So here is what I did.....
Hope you guys like the out come. wink

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46/tommy3603/Stem-1.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46/tommy3603/Frame-1.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46/tommy3603/Bars.jpg

(WARNING) If You Value Your Life As Much As I  Value My Supergoose Don't F#%* With It!

Any donations for imaging, is welcome. But not necessary. Thank you all.
Paypal E-mail...  Tommydunn360@msn.com

#2 2012-04-21 3:31pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

Re: First Ever Supergoose Pads

Just did images for the UK Supergoose pads, Mongoose and Blue Max Pads. All came out great.wink
If anyone wants to see how they came out I can post some images of them as well.

(WARNING) If You Value Your Life As Much As I  Value My Supergoose Don't F#%* With It!

#3 2012-04-21 4:09pm

79supergoose
For Sale Restricted
Bikes: 4

Diggin it big_smile

Get busy livin or get busy dyin......dam right
LOOKIN 4
Someone who can logo ol vinyl snap pads

#4 2012-04-21 4:15pm

Lusk BMX
Pro Member
For Sale: 5

Sublimation?

#5 2012-04-21 4:29pm

JAMMJ
Pro MemberBanned
Bikes: 13

different but i like it:D

#6 2012-04-21 5:13pm

Blue_Max
Museum Addict
Bikes: 19

awesome, I'd like to see the images of the other pads if you don't mind posting them.

#7 2012-04-21 7:30pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

Thanks guys...lets see this first set of Supergoose I made by hand and used a sports Nylon , I thought its a bit on the thin side and when I made them I dobbled up on it, this time I used something called duck canvas on the UK Mongoose pad set Im in the process of doing....But I informed that my best bet is something called Nylon canvas I believe that is what the Org. mongoose pads are. So thats what im on the hunt for. wink
Here is the first UK Supergoose pad Aaron from this Forum sent me the images of. Hope you guys like it. wink

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46/tommy3603/pad.jpg

#8 2012-04-21 8:17pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

Lusk BMX wrote:

Sublimation?

Sublimation? Ammmm hmm Im not sure. lol 
Its a iron on transfer yo make yourself....Closet you can come to the real thing.... I mean real ones are silk screend and I do have a sceen but not the propper film nor lighting to make a close to org. So came up with this, next best thing. Truth is I have a Org. Mongoose set and If I made the pad a bit better with color Velcro and used that Nylon canvas I know it would be colse to the Org. With the way the images Iron on...It looks and even feels like the sceen printed ones wink

#9 2012-04-21 8:36pm

wired
Pro Member
Bikes: 56
For Sale: 22
Website

Would you mind sharing here for all to see?

I've used the computer inkjet printer paper with reversed images in the past but can't figure out how you got the white.  Mine came out transparent and blended with the background color.  Yours look like they could go on black material and look awesome.

#10 2012-04-21 8:41pm

BMX KYLE
The Mongoose kid
Bikes: 8

Wow they look great.You put them on ebay and get $100.00 a set.

#11 2012-04-21 8:45pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

wired wrote:

Would you mind sharing here for all to see?

I've used the computer inkjet printer paper with reversed images in the past but can't figure out how you got the white.  Mine came out transparent and blended with the background color.  Yours look like they could go on black material and look awesome.

Sure no prob. I know what one you used they work well with white pads, only glitch is yoy have to mirror image and reverse the images.
With what I use in the image I make the back ground color the same as my pads then cut as close to the image as possable.
With the transfer I use after you cut them you pell off the backing place it were you want on the pad and place a papper that comes in with the papper and just ironthem on. Give me a sec. I will post the how too. (I ONLY ASK EVERYONE, TO PLEASE USE THIS FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL USE) I USED IT TO MAKE CUSTOM PADS AND PADS YOU CAN NO LONGER BUY. As a (WARNING) theres infrengment rights and leagal crap involved here, if you intend to sell these as knock offs Im sure you can and will get if a crap load of problams.
Just saying keep that in mined wink

#12 2012-04-21 8:49pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

BMX KYLE wrote:

Wow they look great.You put them on ebay and get $100.00 a set.

aaammmm  Im sure you could, prob. is Im not looking to go to  jail....I'm to cute and Im not looking for a boyfriend lol lol
I did this to make a custom pad and to help people from well not getting jacked for $100's for personal pads or to just help people get pads in new condition that they just dont make anylonger.
Well stay tuned I will post the how I done it...

#13 2012-04-21 8:54pm

wired
Pro Member
Website

I love Google.  Is this close to what you used?

http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Personal-Cr … B0000C0CIR

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51j86FF5YdL.jpg

#14 2012-04-21 8:56pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

Ok guys.... Please feel free to PM me if you need any help. And please feel free to post your out comes on this post I realy would love to see others out comes. wink 

First I did the images in Photo shop C2. Once that was done. I made a pad set, so I didnt rune my stock Flite pads....I made them just by looking at my Flite pads and some images I had found on line of some Mongoose pads....Its made with a fabric called Nylon Canvas thats the stuff org. Mongoose pads are made of. If you want a thiner fabric you can use Sports Nylon or a heavy duck canvas. Anyway if you want to skip making all together get a plane set of Flite pads...
Now for the how to. I used something by a comp. called Printworks... I used the (Dark T-shirt Transfers), now with this stuff you print images out peel off back and iron on, thats it. Keep in mined, the paper transfer is white, so anything not whith color will show white. What I did was on my images I used the exact color of my pad by doing a scan of the pad color and used that for the back color of my images, then just cut as close to the image before iron it on. Now that same comp. makes a transparent papper as well, that will work good on white pads do to the white from the pad will show as white....Only down side is... that irons on diffrent andyou need to make all images in reverce mirror image. Well thats it. Got to tell you made correctly you cant tell real from my fake. Im' quite happy with the out comes.

#15 2012-04-21 9:00pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

No I used this...
Dark...color pads
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FYEsbB3pL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Transparent...for white pads
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51q7B2WgM8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

#16 2012-04-21 9:04pm

wired
Pro Member
Website

Sweet!  Justin has lots of blank colors for $18.99.  I'm not a fan of pads but will be trying one or two of these...

http://www.porkchopbmx.com/images/1260325633828-1877517090.png

http://www.porkchopbmx.com/FLITE-3-Piec … X315BL.htm

#17 2012-04-21 9:07pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

And guys if you do the images right all 3 pads will fit on one sheet of 8.5 x 11 wink
Paper isnt cheep, was like $10 for 5 sheets. But still cheeper they a few $100 for pads they may or may not be real.

#18 2012-04-21 9:12pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

wired wrote:

Sweet!  Justin has lots of blank colors for $18.99.  I'm not a fan of pads but will be trying one or two of these...

http://www.porkchopbmx.com/images/12603 … 517090.png

http://www.porkchopbmx.com/FLITE-3-Piec … X315BL.htm

yeah thats my thought as well. I got my set of orange ones from him on my bike I posted here, but wasnt sure how the out come was going to be so I even made a set from scratch. Realy wasnt hard. My wife thought I was a bit nutty when I broke out her old sewing michane ....but hell she married me.... she should know by now Im nuts lol

#19 2012-04-21 9:23pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

Found a old post of when I came up with this idea and you can get some of my org. orange images here...

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=404295

I stoped cause I was new...still am.... and I wasnt sure were to post this thread, just did a replay and I guess that was were to do it?...Im hopping its in the right plase now hmm

#20 2012-04-21 9:39pm

K-frame
Expert

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about trying this myself.

Is there someway to tell the actual size of the transfer, when you create the image in photo shop, or another program?

Wanted: A Blue Diamond Back, or IRC Z-1 Tire; or a Black Set, of Either Brand/ Yellow Nylon Diamond Back Frame Pad or Cover

#21 2012-04-21 9:56pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

Not realy, I did a tryal and error, Between photoshop and my printer with reg. paper... when I did the images, I did some pad and image sizing while doing the images in photoshop...printed a set on paper... checked it to the sizing from what I could eye it in, and looked on line at pad images and a few people gave me the sizes of images from there pads. Keep in mined my pads were custom, but with that said I still try to get size and placmet correct to the Mongoose pad.

#22 2012-04-21 10:00pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

If anyone here would like to help me ...I can use a much better pic of the black hex with white Mongoose in it... Im not happy with the one I was able to come up with. althoe it came out good I would like better. to me I would like the white to stand out better looks like the black may have bled over a bit when being printed out.
Thanks for any image help guys.

#23 2012-04-21 10:04pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

Crap the stars too with the lines...would be sweet.... if anyone here has a set of the mongoose fork stickers... images would work great....anyone? neutral

#24 2012-04-21 10:21pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
Website

If anyone wanted to know how to make the pads them self here ya go....
I priced every thing from making mine by hand. Ran around $30 or so...thats for fabric was by the yard $8. 3 types I found...Nylon...to thin if you ask me. Duck canvas perfit in thickness but not feel. Then was informed to look for Nylon Canvas, so thats what to use. Not sure I would try Vinal but...who knows???? I watch the heat real easy to melt...wink Velcro was about $5 for 30" I may buy some colors on line soon. $ 1 for craft fome 8.5 x 11 sheet  for neck/ stem. Same color thread was about $2. and got the center of the pads after mesering my frame and handle bars from Home Dep. or Lows for around $10...Pipe padding for instalation. Paper was also $10 for 5 sheets.

#25 2012-04-21 10:27pm

K-frame
Expert

Try a search in the restoration section. Someone had a free download file of images, but they may not be what you are looking for. There were some "Mongoose" images. I can't post a link from my phone, but maybe someone else can help. Click on forums and scroll down to restoration. Click on that and search for decal images. I can't remember the user name, who posted the thread, with the download. I think he is in South America.

Wanted: A Blue Diamond Back, or IRC Z-1 Tire; or a Black Set, of Either Brand/ Yellow Nylon Diamond Back Frame Pad or Cover

Board footer

View Cart →