You are not logged in.

buy on the bay and sell on the museum  RSS Feed

#26 2012-04-06 9:56am

alexanderrw
Pro Member
From: Massachusetts
Registered: 2008-08-06
Posts: 1292
Bikes: 11

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

"Don't Sweat The Petty Things, Pet The Sweaty Things!" lol


"Semper Fidelis!"

"Home Of The Free, Because Of The Brave!"

"Always Say You Did Rather Than You Wish You Had!"

Freestylin' In Fitchburg, MA & Racing At The Former Lakeview BMX Race Track In Lunenburg, MA In The '80's

Offline

 

#27 2012-04-06 9:58am

danb
>ELF BMX<
From: Phoenix, AZ
Registered: 2008-11-01
Posts: 2254
Website

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

srootster wrote:

alright... this is the 4th time in a month i've been sniped on a part i wanted only to find it on the museum a week later at a HUGE mark-up. i don't mind getting outbid but c'mon. i understand that the world is full of schmucks so i don't need a reality check. enthusiast forums are usually places where people look out for one another.

rant over.

NEWS flash once someone buys a part that part is now theirs regardless what you think  that person has ever right to sell said part for however much they want regardless if they bought it here or from ebay. If you want the part then buy it if you think it is over priced then don't buy it, fact remains that you should have not been cheap and bought it when it first came for sale in steed of trying to get the part for a steal. No matter what you do please stop whining about someone buying a part to make money on that part. because if you look in the for sale section each and every part in that section was bought from ebay, craigslist , or from other members in order to resell and make a few $$ from. I know its a horrible thought that someone would buy something in order to make money off of it but that is how the world turns my man


****Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****

Offline

 

#28 2012-04-06 10:03am

robk131313
Admin*Mr. Vacation*
From: Southern Cal / Fort Mohave, AZ
Registered: 2009-03-20
Posts: 30536
Bikes: 8

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

Not everyone is buying to flip and make cash...

Offline

 

#29 2012-04-06 10:03am

danb
>ELF BMX<
From: Phoenix, AZ
Registered: 2008-11-01
Posts: 2254
Website

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

srootster wrote:

that's not how i roll but to each their own.

your right, you try to snipe on ebay in order to screw the Ebay guy who just wants an honest price out of his part and now that someone out bid you because the part was well worth more than what the auction ended for you are pissed because he now wants to sell it in order to make his $$ back lol  funny, and i mean its funny that you dont mind getting over on the guy who put it at a cheap price in order to get bids on his parts however you are hurt that someone else put it for sale for what it should have sold for in the first place. simply amazing


****Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****

Offline

 

#30 2012-04-06 10:06am

danb
>ELF BMX<
From: Phoenix, AZ
Registered: 2008-11-01
Posts: 2254
Website

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

robk131313 wrote:

Not everyone is buying to flip and make cash...

come on Rob that is what most of these people do on here you and i both know it. I see stuff get sold here and the next week are for sale on other sites or ebay... lol  .. but then again that is just my opinion


****Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****

Offline

 

#31 2012-04-06 10:10am

robk131313
Admin*Mr. Vacation*
From: Southern Cal / Fort Mohave, AZ
Registered: 2009-03-20
Posts: 30536
Bikes: 8

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

danb wrote:

robk131313 wrote:

Not everyone is buying to flip and make cash...

come on Rob that is what most of these people do on here you and i both know it. I see stuff get sold here and the next week are for sale on other sites or ebay... lol  .. but then again that is just my opinion

I don't think so...

Offline

 

#32 2012-04-06 10:13am

danb
>ELF BMX<
From: Phoenix, AZ
Registered: 2008-11-01
Posts: 2254
Website

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

robk131313 wrote:

danb wrote:

robk131313 wrote:

Not everyone is buying to flip and make cash...

come on Rob that is what most of these people do on here you and i both know it. I see stuff get sold here and the next week are for sale on other sites or ebay... lol  .. but then again that is just my opinion

I don't think so...

lol  come on Rob  you see it more than most. Im not on here much any more and i still see it now granted now people wait about 2 months before re-listing but none the less they get re listed.


****Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****

Offline

 

#33 2012-04-06 10:19am

84mach1
Expert
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2006-04-07
Posts: 652
Bikes: 7

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

If someone flips an item, it means many things.
#1, you don't know how to market your item to your advantage
#2, you need quick cash and don't mind that it fetches less than market potential
#3, you're ignorant of the value of your item
#4, you just don't care
#5, all of the above

...Flippers aren't vultures. I watch Pawn Stars and Rick always tells his customers, who expect retail prices for their items, "I got overhead, I got payroll to make, the item may sit for years, it takes up space in my shop...I'm taking all the risk whereas you can walk away with cash. You pay for my expenses and I'll pay you retail for your item." Pawn shops typically hit you at 50-60 cents on the $. It's just shrewd business. Nobody put a gun to your head to sell it to them on the cheap.

Offline

 

#34 2012-04-06 10:26am

danb
>ELF BMX<
From: Phoenix, AZ
Registered: 2008-11-01
Posts: 2254
Website

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

84mach1 wrote:

If someone flips an item, it means many things.
#1, you don't know how to market your item to your advantage
#2, you need quick cash and don't mind that it fetches less than market potential
#3, you're ignorant of the value of your item
#4, you just don't care
#5, all of the above

...Flippers aren't vultures. I watch Pawn Stars and Rick always tells his customers, who expect retail prices for their items, "I got overhead, I got payroll to make, the item may sit for years, it takes up space in my shop...I'm taking all the risk whereas you can walk away with cash. You pay for my expenses and I'll pay you retail for your item." Pawn shops typically hit you at 50-60 cents on the $. It's just shrewd business. Nobody put a gun to your head to sell it to them on the cheap.

I dont think i would have put it that way but you are correct to apoint. the fact is once someone buys a part it is theirs and once it is theirs they can do what they wish with said part that includes selling


****Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****

Offline

 

#35 2012-04-06 10:28am

FRESH
Pro MemberSUNDAY!
From: AZ <— CA
Registered: 2011-08-06
Posts: 3546
Bikes: 13

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

I work to support my family, what's left over is BMX funds.. I only buy what I need, and if I sell, it's usually only for what I paid or for less if the buyer is someone Im cool with.. I'll even throw in extras.. They're just bike parts.. And if you give, usually it comes back to you ten fold.. Karma is a beezy!! big_smile

Offline

 

#36 2012-04-06 10:34am

Ralph Wiggum
Pro Memberchillywilly263 1%er
From: Akron, Ohio
Registered: 2006-11-11
Posts: 9401
Bikes: 15

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

I used to buy completes on Ebay for a couple parts I needed/wanted off it, and sell off the leftovers to recoup some of my purchase price. It worked out quite well several years back. I never price gouged and could usually pull in a couple extra bucks over my initial investment, and even keep some parts. Last time I tried to do it was a few years ago, and it bit me in the ass. I sat on the stuff for well over a year while trying to sell at a fair price.


I’m not a real doctor but I am a real worm

Offline

 

#37 2012-04-06 10:42am

ncmalko1
Pro Member
From: Phoenix via Philly
Registered: 2011-04-30
Posts: 2581
Bikes: 15

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

Justin (FRESH) is right on target. Every single time I ever hooked someone up, sent it for free or gave a bro deal it always comes back to me big time. DanB is also right in saying, "Once they buy it its theirs to do what ever they want with it". All Srooster said is he hates when he passionately wants something and then sees it later for a huge mark up. He is NOT cheap and I know this as FACT. I think he was just trying to say it hurts when you see something you're emotionally attached to and the winning bidder is just trying to make cash. I dont think its fair that you ripped him for just being honest. I know the feeling and it does suck. It would be like trying to buy your house you grew up in and getting out bid and the new owner flattens it and makes it a parking lot. Thats all he was saying. I dont know how people come up with these random insults for him sharing an tiny emotional experience. BE NICE PEOPLE!

Last edited by ncmalko1 (2012-04-06 10:44am)


Let's go Philadelpha Eagles!

Offline

 

#38 2012-04-06 11:16am

kwhite27
The Stinger!
From: Vegas Baby!!!
Registered: 2010-11-16
Posts: 634
Bikes: 1

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

robk131313 wrote:

danb wrote:

robk131313 wrote:

Not everyone is buying to flip and make cash...

come on Rob that is what most of these people do on here you and i both know it. I see stuff get sold here and the next week are for sale on other sites or ebay... lol  .. but then again that is just my opinion

I don't think so...

I agree with you Rob. I've never bought something with the intention of selling it. I enjoy building bikes and collecting them. So I for one do not fall into that "flip to make cash" stereotype.


"Sometimes, you just have to say What the F**k...make your move"  Joel Goodman in Risky Business

"I love Scotch...Scotch, Scotch, Scotch"  Ron Burgandy in Anchorman

Offline

 

#39 2012-04-06 11:17am

kwhite27
The Stinger!
From: Vegas Baby!!!
Registered: 2010-11-16
Posts: 634
Bikes: 1

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

ncmalko1 wrote:

Justin (FRESH) is right on target. Every single time I ever hooked someone up, sent it for free or gave a bro deal it always comes back to me big time. DanB is also right in saying, "Once they buy it its theirs to do what ever they want with it". All Srooster said is he hates when he passionately wants something and then sees it later for a huge mark up. He is NOT cheap and I know this as FACT. I think he was just trying to say it hurts when you see something you're emotionally attached to and the winning bidder is just trying to make cash. I dont think its fair that you ripped him for just being honest. I know the feeling and it does suck. It would be like trying to buy your house you grew up in and getting out bid and the new owner flattens it and makes it a parking lot. Thats all he was saying. I dont know how people come up with these random insults for him sharing an tiny emotional experience. BE NICE PEOPLE!

Nick, you my friend are right on target!  I truly appreciate every bro deal I get and hope guys continue to help me out with builds.


"Sometimes, you just have to say What the F**k...make your move"  Joel Goodman in Risky Business

"I love Scotch...Scotch, Scotch, Scotch"  Ron Burgandy in Anchorman

Offline

 

#40 2012-04-06 11:31am

srootster
Expert
From: Cincinnati, OH
Registered: 2012-02-18
Posts: 552

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

danb wrote:

srootster wrote:

that's not how i roll but to each their own.

your right, you try to snipe on ebay in order to screw the Ebay guy who just wants an honest price out of his part and now that someone out bid you because the part was well worth more than what the auction ended for you are pissed because he now wants to sell it in order to make his $$ back lol  funny, and i mean its funny that you dont mind getting over on the guy who put it at a cheap price in order to get bids on his parts however you are hurt that someone else put it for sale for what it should have sold for in the first place. simply amazing

try reading. i got sniped. i placed what i wanted to pay and what i thought was fair. i also stated that i did not mind being outbid. if someone wants it more than me then i'm fine with that. they are only bike parts. what i do not like is the fact that people are buying stuff and taking advantage of members here. i'm a member od a few owners groups and we mostly look out for each other. this is the only board i've seen that tries to make humongous  profit off one another.

your comprehension skills are simply amazing. i'll type slower if it'll help. big_smile

Offline

 

#41 2012-04-06 11:35am

pointer
Centurion Member
From: Largo, FL
Registered: 2009-12-21
Posts: 157
Bikes: 4

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

Last week I found a completed listing on ebay for a Mongoose Expert frame go for $25 + $18 shipping or something like that...then a week later they re-listed it right back on ebay after they cleaned it up for $125 + $25 shipping.

I asked the guy if his elbow grease really increased the value by $100 - he assured me it did smile

Offline

 

#42 2012-04-06 11:39am

danb
>ELF BMX<
From: Phoenix, AZ
Registered: 2008-11-01
Posts: 2254
Website

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

srootster wrote:

danb wrote:

srootster wrote:

that's not how i roll but to each their own.

your right, you try to snipe on ebay in order to screw the Ebay guy who just wants an honest price out of his part and now that someone out bid you because the part was well worth more than what the auction ended for you are pissed because he now wants to sell it in order to make his $$ back lol  funny, and i mean its funny that you dont mind getting over on the guy who put it at a cheap price in order to get bids on his parts however you are hurt that someone else put it for sale for what it should have sold for in the first place. simply amazing

try reading. i got sniped. i placed what i wanted to pay and what i thought was fair. i also stated that i did not mind being outbid. if someone wants it more than me then i'm fine with that. they are only bike parts. what i do not like is the fact that people are buying stuff and taking advantage of members here. i'm a member od a few owners groups and we mostly look out for each other. this is the only board i've seen that tries to make humongous  profit off one another.

your comprehension skills are simply amazing. i'll type slower if it'll help. big_smile

like i said obviously the part was worth more to someone else.. talk about comprehension skills. how is it taking advantage of member on here last time i checked you have to agree with the price in order to make the deal... just because the part is out of what you consider a fair price does not mean that the person who has it now is wrong for selling it.. plain and simple if you dont like the price then dont buy it. that is the only thing that will stop this sort of thing however it is the people who pay these huge prices that makes people think this is acceptable. Try reading a few times that way you read all of what i typed..

Im not picking on you but this thread is ridiculous. i just gave away 4 boxes full or parts to 4 different people. Now if they sell those parts then that is their deal. Does that mean that i would be mad? No not at all


****Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****

Offline

 

#43 2012-04-06 11:40am

danb
>ELF BMX<
From: Phoenix, AZ
Registered: 2008-11-01
Posts: 2254
Website

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

pointer wrote:

Last week I found a completed listing on ebay for a Mongoose Expert frame go for $25 + $18 shipping or something like that...then a week later they re-listed it right back on ebay after they cleaned it up for $125 + $25 shipping.

I asked the guy if his elbow grease really increased the value by $100 - he assured me it did smile

however you didnt come one here and make a thread about it in order to get a lynch mob together to support you now did you


****Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****

Offline

 

#44 2012-04-06 11:45am

brobmx
Pro MemberFormerly: outdrstr
From: East TN
Registered: 2008-08-17
Posts: 1941

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

alexanderrw wrote:

"Don't Sweat The Petty Things, Pet The Sweaty Things!" lol

Here Kitty, Kitty.....

Alot more fun than bitching on the intrAnet.


If your LBS does not have what you need, Hit me up.
S&M F-IT Profile TREE Odyssey SUNDAY etc..

Offline

 

#45 2012-04-06 11:49am

srootster
Expert
From: Cincinnati, OH
Registered: 2012-02-18
Posts: 552

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

lynch mob?

honestly, it doesn't matter. i was just blowing off steam. i just find it funny when i see the 4 things i lost out on for sale here for an extreme mark up. one item is for sale and i guarantee it's not even in his posession yet because the auction JUST ended last night and the seller and buyer live on different coasts.

it's all good. big_smile

Offline

 

#46 2012-04-06 12:34pm

KuWa FS
Pro MemberKuwahara Freestyler
From: Colorado
Registered: 2009-04-30
Posts: 5769
Bikes: 7

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

robk131313 wrote:

Not everyone is buying to flip and make cash...

i buy just to hoard and make my kuwahara junk pile bigger!!


Well if you still don't believe you best get up and leave
Do what you must do, but this ain't the place for you

Kuwahara, its the best!!

When I'm dead, i'll stop riding bikes.

Offline

 

#47 2012-04-06 12:55pm

brewharriah
Pro Memberlive in sin for the win!!!
From: Vantucky, Washington USA
Registered: 2010-11-02
Posts: 2856
Bikes: 22

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

srootster wrote:

if i found a part someone else needed to enjoy the hobby i would pass it on for what i paid. of course, i go to work to make my money.

couldnt agree more... seems much more cutthroat here than the other forum I frequent...


"I don't care about your feelings. Pain and torment's what you'll get!!!"

Offline

 

#48 2012-04-06 1:01pm

KoolAidMan
Pro MemberNeomaxizoomdweebie
From: Colorado Springs, CO
Registered: 2011-05-14
Posts: 4293
Bikes: 4

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

Yeah, ownership = right to do as one pleases, but I have to say that asking for a "bro deal" in order to re-sell at a higher margin is still a douche move.
I wouldn't do business with that person ever again unless I get a "jelly-roll" from the 2nd sale.


http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2003/09/29/pa1a19_jelly_roll_cake_lg.jpg


The clock struck two, I shot my goo...

Offline

 

#49 2012-04-06 1:04pm

KoolAidMan
Pro MemberNeomaxizoomdweebie
From: Colorado Springs, CO
Registered: 2011-05-14
Posts: 4293
Bikes: 4

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

brewharriah wrote:

srootster wrote:

if i found a part someone else needed to enjoy the hobby i would pass it on for what i paid. of course, i go to work to make my money.

couldnt agree more... seems much more cutthroat here than the other forum I frequent...

I've noticed that it can be cutthroat here, but the other forums I frequent are much more so...


The clock struck two, I shot my goo...

Offline

 

#50 2012-04-06 1:05pm

Neil-Son
Pro MemberSuperSon
From: BMX museum
Registered: 2008-04-23
Posts: 12384
Website

Re: buy on the bay and sell on the museum

only in America big_smile

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →