Brian Blythers Bike....  RSS Feed

#151 2013-07-31 1:10pm

gaijin
Pro MemberResident Hutch Hater
Bikes: 18

Re: Brian Blythers Bike....

bwnharo wrote:

gaijin wrote:

If you mean Tuff Wheels, probably because they're flexy, act like sails in the air, and the brakes don't work for crap.  If you look closely at the Huffy pics, he's riding a T/A in those...

Need to see these pics

Since those pics are gone from page 4, I spent 2 minutes on google and found this.  T/A frame, Bottema forks, Sunshine hubs...
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm273/gaijinottokko/null_zpsa666a37e.jpg

avatar photo copyright 2012 asklite

Things I need:  Chrome MX-900s and Tech 3 (rear), 1st or 2nd gen finned Mathauser pads with original hardware.

#152 2013-07-31 3:33pm

bwnharo
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

gaijin wrote:

bwnharo wrote:

gaijin wrote:

If you mean Tuff Wheels, probably because they're flexy, act like sails in the air, and the brakes don't work for crap.  If you look closely at the Huffy pics, he's riding a T/A in those...

Need to see these pics

Since those pics are gone from page 4, I spent 2 minutes on google and found this.  T/A frame, Bottema forks, Sunshine hubs...
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm27 … 66a37e.jpg

Seems like such false advertising, I remember getting the Huffy Stu Thompsen and thinking I had arrived because that was the bike he was riding. Didn't find out till a couple years ago that was not the case. I wonder what Stu and Brian were thinking when riding for Huffy? I guess what most people thought...I don't want to ride a Huffy. Thanks, I googled too, but sometimes those pictures are hard to see the differences unless pointed out. You always have good info.

#153 2013-07-31 7:25pm

gaijin
Pro MemberResident Hutch Hater
Bikes: 18

bwnharo wrote:

gaijin wrote:

bwnharo wrote:

Need to see these pics

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm27 … 66a37e.jpg

Seems like such false advertising, I remember getting the Huffy Stu Thompsen and thinking I had arrived because that was the bike he was riding. Didn't find out till a couple years ago that was not the case. I wonder what Stu and Brian were thinking when riding for Huffy? I guess what most people thought...I don't want to ride a Huffy. Thanks, I googled too, but sometimes those pictures are hard to see the differences unless pointed out. You always have good info.

Thanks for the props.  I will state something as an absolute fact only when I know the absolute truth about it, either from first hand experience or documentation.

As for what they were thinking...

They thought they were getting a big fat paycheck, all expenses paid to whatever races or contests or shows they need to go to, free parts, get to ride all the time and get rich doing it.  So they had to wear Huffy's billboard to do it.  Big deal.  Lots of kids got their start in the BMX world buy riding Huffys.  But the fact of the matter is that Huffy didn't have a bike that could do what Stu and Ellis and Blyther and King required of a bike.  It would have been stupid for Huffy to send them out there on a Pro Lightning.  Huffy wasn't going to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for parents to watch Huffys get broken every weekend.  Should they have just built a competition grade bike for them?  Yes, they should have.  They didn't think their money was gonna be made in the high end of the market.  They decided to go with large volume instead.

avatar photo copyright 2012 asklite

Things I need:  Chrome MX-900s and Tech 3 (rear), 1st or 2nd gen finned Mathauser pads with original hardware.

#154 2013-08-04 6:22pm

eric12
Pro MemberThink For a Change

marked

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Redline, the fastest way between two points.

Just Do It!

I can't fix stupid.

#155 2017-10-05 2:13pm

80sBmxAddict
Pro Member"IT'S CASUAL"
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

"VISA, MESTERCHARGE...I GOT VISA!"
'The Wild Life'-1984

WANTED... - White Tioga Chainring Bolts - FINALLY FOUND, TOOK 4 YEARS!

#156 2017-10-05 2:18pm

80sBmxAddict
Pro Member"IT'S CASUAL"
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

Raven wrote:

This is all the Blyther pic,s I have you may be able to see more there.........wink

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=442299

Link is no good anymore Raven sad
All these lost pics.  effin' Photobucket!  I hope the people that posted pics can re-post 'em!!!!

"VISA, MESTERCHARGE...I GOT VISA!"
'The Wild Life'-1984

WANTED... - White Tioga Chainring Bolts - FINALLY FOUND, TOOK 4 YEARS!

#157 2017-10-05 2:22pm

jond63
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

80sBmxAddict wrote:

Raven wrote:

This is all the Blyther pic,s I have you may be able to see more there.........wink

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=442299

Link is no good anymore Raven sad
All these lost pics.  effin' Photobucket!  I hope the people that posted pics can re-post 'em!!!!

I know -- most threads kinda stink because of that issue. sad

BMX Life Since 1973 Not Dead Yet

Board footer

View Cart →