You are not logged in.

Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?  RSS Feed

#26 2012-02-15 4:21pm

johnng23604
U seen my "baseball"
From: CC TX
Registered: 2009-02-22
Posts: 4632
Bikes: 44
Website

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

muphasta wrote:

I like them, but I'll be getting a 55 Chevy Panel truck some time in the future.

Now were talkin'.
I have a '59 apache, it's my "Sanford & son" lookin truck! tongue


I'm looking for the following frames, frame & forks or completes by BMX products:
MotoTrac (nickle or chrome), Racer-X or a Super-X (with the double gussets).
Thanks wink
I'm also johnng23604 at "Retro-goose", "VintageBMX" & "RADbmx"

Offline

 

#27 2012-02-15 4:48pm

vettefan
Pro Member
From: Janesville, WI
Registered: 2006-08-13
Posts: 5758
Bikes: 1

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

Holy Sheet Scott, that Malibu gives me wood ! My first car was a gorgeous 65 malibu SS coupe that i bought in 86 ! I was almost 17 years old, and my dad co-signed a loan for me, I had been working at a local Ponderosa since the day I turned 16. It was painted a dark fathom green and looked black at night. The body was arrow straight and the car looked awesome. Had a nice warm 355 and a close ratio muncie 4 speed (m21) with 3:31 gears , It ran nice. I wish I had that car more han anything else I have ever owned.


"Is corn holing when you shove a corn on the cobb up someones anus or vagina?"... quote from Godzilla !!

Offline

 

#28 2012-02-15 5:08pm

80sbikedude
ModeratorBugs Bunny Bmx'er
From: Tarrant County
Registered: 2006-06-14
Posts: 13752
Bikes: 65
Website

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

Here is mine.........1974   Gave it to my son in '09 and he totally redid it over the summer and was stolen last Friday night. sad
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/80sbikedude/vehicles/IM000771.jpg
He painted solid metallic green with white pin stripes and had all the trim removed.....super clean and waiting on insurance now hmm


ASAP.org ........check it out, I live with it daily
WTB: Murray X20c/Free Spirit F/F or Huffy Pro Lightning F/F
If at first you don't succeed, Do it like your Mom told you!
"Do or do not, there is no try"~~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!

Hook 'Em Horns

Offline

 

#29 2012-02-15 6:08pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

80sbikedude wrote:

Here is mine.........1974   Gave it to my son in '09 and he totally redid it over the summer and was stolen last Friday night. sad
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/ … 000771.jpg
He painted solid metallic green with white pin stripes and had all the trim removed.....super clean and waiting on insurance now hmm

that really sux!!


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#30 2012-02-15 6:43pm

James Vigil
Pro Member
From: HWD, Ca.
Registered: 2008-11-02
Posts: 2699
Bikes: 2

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

muphasta wrote:

80sbikedude wrote:

Here is mine.........1974   Gave it to my son in '09 and he totally redid it over the summer and was stolen last Friday night. sad
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/ … 000771.jpg
He painted solid metallic green with white pin stripes and had all the trim removed.....super clean and waiting on insurance now hmm

that really sux!!

+1. Ain't that a bitch hmm


A pile of shit has a thousand eyes.

Offline

 

#31 2012-02-15 6:44pm

James Vigil
Pro Member
From: HWD, Ca.
Registered: 2008-11-02
Posts: 2699
Bikes: 2

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

johnng23604 wrote:

muphasta wrote:

I like them, but I'll be getting a 55 Chevy Panel truck some time in the future.

Now were talkin'.
I have a '59 apache, it's my "Sanford & son" lookin truck! tongue

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the '55 -'59's. Heck post 'em if you got 'em


A pile of shit has a thousand eyes.

Offline

 

#32 2012-02-15 7:00pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

James Vigil wrote:

johnng23604 wrote:

muphasta wrote:

I like them, but I'll be getting a 55 Chevy Panel truck some time in the future.

Now were talkin'.
I have a '59 apache, it's my "Sanford & son" lookin truck! tongue

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the '55 -'59's. Heck post 'em if you got 'em

Well, right now it all belongs to my father. A 55 pick-up, a 56 panel truck, and the 55 panel. I will not get any of hem until ha passes away, so I am in no hurry to get them! wink


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#33 2012-02-15 7:02pm

80sbikedude
ModeratorBugs Bunny Bmx'er
From: Tarrant County
Registered: 2006-06-14
Posts: 13752
Bikes: 65
Website

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

James Vigil wrote:

muphasta wrote:

80sbikedude wrote:

Here is mine.........1974   Gave it to my son in '09 and he totally redid it over the summer and was stolen last Friday night. sad
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/ … 000771.jpg
He painted solid metallic green with white pin stripes and had all the trim removed.....super clean and waiting on insurance now hmm

that really sux!!

+1. Ain't that a bitch hmm

Yeah it is......my son put his heart and soul in it and he is really bummed


ASAP.org ........check it out, I live with it daily
WTB: Murray X20c/Free Spirit F/F or Huffy Pro Lightning F/F
If at first you don't succeed, Do it like your Mom told you!
"Do or do not, there is no try"~~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!

Hook 'Em Horns

Offline

 

#34 2012-02-15 7:06pm

freedo
Pro MemberWhite Boy With An Afro
From: wilmington de
Registered: 2008-06-17
Posts: 9223
Bikes: 52
For Sale: 3

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

itsdug wrote:

James Vigil wrote:

Sweet! Here's my old 87 Sub. I was the second owner, loaded...

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss4/ … /87Sub.jpg

by far my absolute favorite suv.  best looking designed suv ever


out with the new in with the old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile
mongoose decade guru, hit me up with any questions you may have
R.I.P  Autumn Pasquale. May she rest in Peace!
Instagram! @freedo70

Offline

 

#35 2012-02-15 7:23pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
From: Other
Registered: 2011-01-10
Posts: 39698
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 6
Website

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

I had an 82 half ton and my buddy had an 86 suburban. We drove those to the ground. My fave though was my 1970 half ton. I will have to find my pics next time I am home.


"Google is aiding the Communist Chinese military in asserting global domination and the defeat of America..."

Offline

 

#36 2012-02-23 12:45am

johnng23604
U seen my "baseball"
From: CC TX
Registered: 2009-02-22
Posts: 4632
Bikes: 44
Website

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

Here's my "un-square" big_smile '59 Chevy apache, standard cab, shortbed, fleetside truck and my buddies 55 chevy car:

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt236/johnnyg76543/hotwheels/image001.jpg


I'm looking for the following frames, frame & forks or completes by BMX products:
MotoTrac (nickle or chrome), Racer-X or a Super-X (with the double gussets).
Thanks wink
I'm also johnng23604 at "Retro-goose", "VintageBMX" & "RADbmx"

Offline

 

#37 2012-03-14 6:27pm

James Vigil
Pro Member
From: HWD, Ca.
Registered: 2008-11-02
Posts: 2699
Bikes: 2

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

johnng23604 wrote:

Here's my "un-square" big_smile '59 Chevy apache, standard cab, shortbed, fleetside truck and my buddies 55 chevy car:

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt23 … age001.jpg

Sweet truck. Also a big fan of the 55 2nd series- 59's. I sold my 77 a couple weeks ago sad


A pile of shit has a thousand eyes.

Offline

 

#38 2012-03-27 1:15pm

stew_magoo
Centurion Member
From: Killwaukee, WI
Registered: 2011-12-08
Posts: 200
Bikes: 7

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

My current 1990 V3500...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p249/stewsquarenuts/100_0819.jpg

My old rig, 1986 K20...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p249/stewsquarenuts/rides/100_0620.jpg

Offline

 

#39 2012-03-27 4:19pm

S.O.T.I.
Expert
From: Murfreesboro, TN
Registered: 2010-02-26
Posts: 669

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

Awesome!  Glad i found this thread!


Always looking for "t" gusset Takaras- Frames, frame sets, or completes.  Also any Odyssey 2000 brakes/parts(the cross-drilled ones)-Sets, orphan handles and calipers, just about anything.

Offline

 

#40 2012-03-27 5:53pm

S.O.T.I.
Expert
From: Murfreesboro, TN
Registered: 2010-02-26
Posts: 669

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

Probably my fave chevy truck is the 67-72 body, followed by the late 40's-early 50's.


Always looking for "t" gusset Takaras- Frames, frame sets, or completes.  Also any Odyssey 2000 brakes/parts(the cross-drilled ones)-Sets, orphan handles and calipers, just about anything.

Offline

 

#41 2012-05-06 6:21pm

1badtrain
Intermediate
From: So. Cal
Registered: 2008-01-30
Posts: 458
Bikes: 1

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

Here's my 86 Crew cab. zz502, 44 inch boggers with Detroit lockers front and back.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb35/1badtrain/07c0f49f.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb35/1badtrain/460f3cbd.jpg

I just picked up this 88 to tow ^^^^^^^^^^^^that one.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb35/1badtrain/a51dca23.jpg

And my 84 Blazer

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb35/1badtrain/ca1d0297.jpg

Offline

 

#42 2012-05-07 7:33am

James Vigil
Pro Member
From: HWD, Ca.
Registered: 2008-11-02
Posts: 2699
Bikes: 2

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

1badtrain wrote:

Here's my 86 Crew cab. zz502, 44 inch boggers with Detroit lockers front and back.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb35 … c0f49f.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb35 … 0f3cbd.jpg

I just picked up this 88 to tow ^^^^^^^^^^^^that one.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb35 … 1dca23.jpg

And my 84 Blazer

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb35 … 1d0297.jpg

Diggin' that Blazer cool


A pile of shit has a thousand eyes.

Offline

 

#43 2012-05-07 4:42pm

stew_magoo
Centurion Member
From: Killwaukee, WI
Registered: 2011-12-08
Posts: 200
Bikes: 7

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

New wheels and tires, ditched the plow and added some bumper guards!  Gonna go pick up a new grille and tinted rear windows tonight.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p249/stewsquarenuts/2012-04-25192627.jpg


1BadTrain, that rig is sex!  Most rigs that big are either bro'd out and too showy, or slutted up and beat.  Yours might be the finest mix of looks and function I've seen yet!

Offline

 

#44 2012-05-07 5:21pm

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
From: NJersey
Registered: 2008-01-27
Posts: 12973
Bikes: 4

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

vettefan wrote:

Holy Sheet Scott, that Malibu gives me wood ! My first car was a gorgeous 65 malibu SS coupe that i bought in 86 ! I was almost 17 years old, and my dad co-signed a loan for me, I had been working at a local Ponderosa since the day I turned 16. It was painted a dark fathom green and looked black at night. The body was arrow straight and the car looked awesome. Had a nice warm 355 and a close ratio muncie 4 speed (m21) with 3:31 gears , It ran nice. I wish I had that car more han anything else I have ever owned.

Mine was a Bday gift from my late father on my 17th.  Funny-I had mine painted 1970 Fathom Blue.  I almost picked Fathom green.  I just found all my resto pix from the decade it took me to get done.


LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls ????

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

Offline

 

#45 2012-05-07 6:05pm

Darkman
Pro Memberkindabummedaboutthis
From: Southern, NH
Registered: 2008-08-02
Posts: 866
Bikes: 9

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

I love the square body Chevy trucks!! I am looking into buying this one this summer.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/drk420/Wheeling/Chevy2.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/drk420/Wheeling/Chevy1.jpg



I use to have a 1995 Silverado Z71. Was an awesome truck.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/drk420/truck001-2.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/drk420/truck004.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/drk420/truck003-1.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/drk420/truck001-1.jpg


"If your gonna go out, go all out. If your gonna go down, go down in flames."

Offline

 

#46 2012-05-07 9:33pm

1badtrain
Intermediate
From: So. Cal
Registered: 2008-01-30
Posts: 458
Bikes: 1

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

stew_magoo wrote:

New wheels and tires, ditched the plow and added some bumper guards!  Gonna go pick up a new grille and tinted rear windows tonight.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p249 … 192627.jpg


1BadTrain, that rig is sex!  Most rigs that big are either bro'd out and too showy, or slutted up and beat.  Yours might be the finest mix of looks and function I've seen yet!

Thanks Stew. Pismo beach is a couple hours north of me and Glamis is a few hours to the south. I have a Jeep and the Blazer to beat up on the trails and got the crew cab for the sand and mud. I just got the windows tinted on the 88 crew today and got an estimate for a quickie paint job.

Offline

 

#47 2012-05-07 9:35pm

1badtrain
Intermediate
From: So. Cal
Registered: 2008-01-30
Posts: 458
Bikes: 1

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

Is the one you're planning on buying a 1 ton? It appears to be because of the running lights on the roof.

Offline

 

#48 2012-05-08 2:17pm

Darkman
Pro Memberkindabummedaboutthis
From: Southern, NH
Registered: 2008-08-02
Posts: 866
Bikes: 9

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

1badtrain wrote:

Is the one you're planning on buying a 1 ton? It appears to be because of the running lights on the roof.

3/4 ton, 350ci crate motor, with 6 inch Skyjacker lift.


"If your gonna go out, go all out. If your gonna go down, go down in flames."

Offline

 

#49 2012-05-08 6:07pm

1badtrain
Intermediate
From: So. Cal
Registered: 2008-01-30
Posts: 458
Bikes: 1

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

Darkman wrote:

1badtrain wrote:

Is the one you're planning on buying a 1 ton? It appears to be because of the running lights on the roof.

3/4 ton, 350ci crate motor, with 6 inch Skyjacker lift.

Nice, I'm jealous of all the offroad land you guys have back east.

Offline

 

#50 2012-05-09 6:22pm

Darkman
Pro Memberkindabummedaboutthis
From: Southern, NH
Registered: 2008-08-02
Posts: 866
Bikes: 9

Re: Square Body Chevy's-Who's a fan?

1badtrain wrote:

Darkman wrote:

1badtrain wrote:


Is the one you're planning on buying a 1 ton? It appears to be because of the running lights on the roof.

3/4 ton, 350ci crate motor, with 6 inch Skyjacker lift.

Nice, I'm jealous of all the offroad land you guys have back east.

We do have a lot of land we are allowed to use but it has to be used respectfully of it gets shut down. I personally got involved with a local 4x4 Club that way 1. I always have other people to go wheeling with and 2. I know i'm wheeling on legal land.


"If your gonna go out, go all out. If your gonna go down, go down in flames."

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →