You are not logged in.

What's the Story Behind Your Avatar?  RSS Feed

#1 2011-12-03 6:23am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop
Bikes: 20

What's the Story Behind Your Avatar?

I'll share first.  Mine is the second rendition of my dog, Luther, who was my great friend of over 9 years.  I put him down this past April after he attacked a neighbor, and along with having a little shrine and some photos of him around the house, this is how I remember how FN great a dog he was to me and my family.  Funny, sad, enigmatic, result of drunkeness, whatever -- what's the story behind your avatar?

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- -- King of Qin, Hero

#2 2011-12-03 6:25am

inkedup
Pro Member>The Thread Killer<
Bikes: 25
Website

Re: What's the Story Behind Your Avatar?

Mines for when I see the price of Hutch stuff  lol lol my og avatar was Francis Buxton  which made people perceive me as a prick. Anybody that knows me, would say I'm more like Kevin McCalister, always on the defense , not the offense...
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/inkedup1/francis2-1.jpg

Last edited by inkedup (2011-12-03 6:36am)

REclaiming and customizing the world...  big_smile

#3 2011-12-03 6:30am

general hustler
"GHramps"
Bikes: 12
Website

Mine is not quite so touching.....Qbert farting out the General Bicycle logo lol

I have 2 dogs now and I have had dogs all of my life. It is a very special bond. smile

This just in: Drinking water supply has been compromised. Symptoms include acting irrational and disrespectful when discussing race, religion, and politics. Many impacted.

--------------------------------
NOW YOU FUNNY TOO
--------------------------------

#4 2011-12-03 6:30am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

inkedup wrote:

Mines for when I see the price of Hutch stuff  lol lol

NOOOOOOO!!!  NOT THE "H" WORD!!!  THREAD CLOSER!!! lol  BTW, did you get my PM?  If so, PM me back. cool

Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- -- King of Qin, Hero

#5 2011-12-03 6:31am

DelMccoury
Shrimp Counter

skeletor smiling makes me smile

: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :
GREEN 85 SKYWAY STREET BEAT frame set. original paint and decals please.
: : : WANTED: : :: : : WANTED: : :: : : WANTED : : :: : : WANTED : : :: : : WANTED : : :
DynaMAX seats in RED, YELLOW AND BLUE

#6 2011-12-03 6:35am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

general hustler wrote:

Mine is not quite so touching.....Qbert farting out the General Bicycle logo lol

I have 2 dogs now and I have had dogs all of my life. It is a very special bond. smile

Trudat on dogs!  Regarding Qbert, it's tight.  I'm just wondering when somebody's gonna come to the table with Robotron, Berzerk or something...lol

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#7 2011-12-03 6:36am

scarfish
Say no to AIDS

i couldn't think of anything else. i took this pic to share in a "what are you eating now" thread on another forum. i like chinese food. i eat it alot. the best chinese place on earth is only 2 buildings away from me. they also have bangin' mexican and italian.

#8 2011-12-03 6:37am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

DelMccoury wrote:

skeletor smiling makes me smile

Me, too.  I vaguely remember that episode.  Question -- if he has no jaw muscles, how the hell does he do it?! lol

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#9 2011-12-03 6:41am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

scarfish wrote:

i couldn't think of anything else. i took this pic to share in a "what are you eating now" thread on another forum. i like chinese food. i eat it alot. the best chinese place on earth is only 2 buildings away from me. they also have bangin' mexican and italian.

TWO DOORS AWAY?!! yikes  I was born in Morristown.  Time for me to move back to my roots...wink

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#10 2011-12-03 6:49am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

inkedup wrote:

Mines for when I see the price of Hutch stuff  lol lol my og avatar was Francis Buxton  which made people perceive me as a prick. Anybody that knows me, would say I'm more like Kevin McCalister, always on the defense , not the offense...
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 … cis2-1.jpg

lol

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#11 2011-12-03 6:57am

tim1218
Pro Memberside-pull boy
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 1

Mine is because BMX + boobs make ME smile big_smile

#12 2011-12-03 7:01am

hemi455
Pro MemberPit Crew & ATM
For Sale: 2

St Brendan's Cross surounded by a sun. The cross is 4 dolphins put together to make a cross symbolizing my wife, my step sons and myself, and the sun symbolizes our daughter.

Last edited by hemi455 (2011-12-03 7:37am)

#13 2011-12-03 7:02am

tim1218
Pro Memberside-pull boy
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 1

hemi455 wrote:

St Brendan's Cross surounded by a sun. The cross is 4 dolphins put together to make a cross symbolizing my wife, my step sons and myself, and the son symbolizes our daughter.

cool

#14 2011-12-03 7:05am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

tim1218 wrote:

Me, too! lol

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#15 2011-12-03 7:06am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

hemi455 wrote:

St Brendan's Cross surounded by a sun. The cross is 4 dolphins put together to make a cross symbolizing my wife, my step sons and myself, and the son symbolizes our daughter.

Very cool!

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#16 2011-12-03 7:07am

Oldays
Centurion Member

Im still searching for Animal Chin.... all these years later......... By the way... anyone seen him???

I like BMX bikes.

#17 2011-12-03 7:09am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

Oldays wrote:

Im still searching for Animal Chin.... all these years later......... By the way... anyone seen him???

I've been searching since '87, my friend...wink

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#18 2011-12-03 7:09am

09mikeydread
Expert
Bikes: 3

Reggae music when I was a kid in the early 80's was THE music everyone bumped in my neighborhood growing up.  EEK-a-Mouse, Gregory Isaacs, Yellowman to name a few were common household names the kids knew about.  Well, reggae singer, Mikey Dread made an album called S.W.A.L.K. and was the first album I ever bought and played it ALL the time.  He was my favorite reggae artist at the time.  My name is Mike so naturally my friends nicknamed me Mikey Dread and it stuck.  My avatar is Mikey Dread's logo from his record label...Dread At The Controls.  He produced some smashin music for himself and many early reggae artists in the early 80's ......RIP Mikey Dread

Last edited by 09mikeydread (2011-12-03 7:13am)

**********  ISLANDERS PRIDE  ***********

#19 2011-12-03 7:10am

hemi455
Pro MemberPit Crew & ATM
For Sale: 2

perront wrote:

tim1218 wrote:

Me, too! lol

+1

#20 2011-12-03 7:12am

Oldays
Centurion Member

perront wrote:

Oldays wrote:

I've been searching since '87, my friend...wink

Someday Brother.... Someday!!

I like BMX bikes.

#21 2011-12-03 7:13am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

09mikeydread wrote:

Reggae music when I was a kid in the early 80's was THE music everyone bumped in my neighborhood growing up.  EEK-a-Mouse, Gregory Isaacs, Yellowman to name a few were common household names the kids knew about.  Well, reggae singer, Mikey Dread S.W.A.L.K. was the first album I ever bought and played it ALL the time.  He was my favorite reggae artist at the time.  My name is Mike so naturally they nicknamed me Mikey Dread and it stuck.  My avatar is Mikey Dread's logo from his early 80's albums......RIP

Gotta tell ya -- when I first saw your avatar, I was confused.  I had never heard of Mikey Dread, so I did a quick Google search and learned a bit, but not much.  I was like, "A Museum member is also a reggae legend?!" lol Cool story!

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#22 2011-12-03 7:13am

Bluemutt
Pro MemberThe Museum Prick
Website

cool thread, i dont realy have much of a story behind mine. saw it on a t shirt and bought it cause it's totaly me, doin my own stunts and bein a fool.

Last edited by Bluemutt (2011-12-03 7:14am)

( Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity )

#23 2011-12-03 7:15am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

Bluemutt wrote:

cool thread, i dont realy have much of a story behind mine. saw it on a t shirt and bought it cause it's totaly me, doin my own stunts and bein a fool.

My son has the same shirt, and I love it!

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#24 2011-12-03 7:15am

Ray
Pro MemberGrape Ape
Website

It is my old nickname  Grape Ape

!!!!!!!!!!!WANTED 20" LittleJohn forks in  chrome  !!!!!!

common sense is not that common any more

#25 2011-12-03 7:15am

hutch-hemi
Banned

I always wear shades. Just like Riddick. Plus I always get that I look like him.

Rob es un coyon.

I am the Thread Killa

Board footer

View Cart →