jdripper
Intermediate
Signed up: 2011-07-25
Bikes: 7
Website

2004 Haro Group 1 SX Expert

http://bmxmuseum.com//image/haro_d4.jpg

2004 Haro Group 1 SX Expert

2004 Haro SX 20 Group 1 Expert. I got it for my 8 yr old son. He is just getting started in racing.

parts list:
frame:  HARO SX 20 Group 1 Expert 
forks:  HARO Cromo
headset:  CANE CREEK
stem:  HARO
bars:  HARO Expert
grips:  REDLINE
rims:  HARO SXR 28 Spoke Double-Wall 20 x 1 1/8
hubs:  HARO 28 h Sealed Bearing
cranks:  TRUVANTIV RACING JR 3 PC 170mm
bottom bracket:  Sealed Euro
chainring:  41 T
chain:  KMC
chain tensioners:
pedals:  Mini Platform
brakes:  TEKTRO
brake lever:  TEKTRO
seat/post combo:  HARO 1-PC Uni-Body Padded (22.2mm)
seat clamp:  HARO
padset:  HARO

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

I don't know what I'd do if anything ever happened to my girlfriend. But first, I'd
probably burn my clothes....
I'm wasting my time trying to come come up with a good quote, so, out of anger, I'm going to waste your time by having you read this one.... Mr T pities the emos, thats why they're sad...

#2 2011-09-27 8:55pm

MADDAWG
BMXer 4 Life
Signed up: 2008-02-14
Bikes: 16

Re: 2004 Haro Group 1 SX Expert

Nice race sled !

.                       IL/WI Border area O.G.O.A.R.                            

Rule #9 :If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

#3 2011-10-01 7:01pm

jdripper
Intermediate
Website

Thanks MADDAWG. My boys first racer and he digs it. We are getting ready to paint the frame a candy purple and polish the crank arms. My son found my old Power lite JR bars in the garage with a polished DK stem. He wanted me to put them on his Haro. Well the bars will work but the DK stem isn't going to work with threadless forks. So I polished the bars and got him a new ESP JR stem. It made me feel good he wants to race with some of my old parts on his bike. Next my wife found some carbon forks on Evil bay super cheap and they look killer. I hope to have it all done by X-Mas. I want to get a polished headset some race wheels polished or chromed, polished hubs and  spokes like my old rides back in the day. Murdered out bikes with black rims and spokes blow. Bikes like that remind me of spinners on a Tahoe dated!!! I dig the old days of chrome and color. We hope our mix of new and old school looks cool.   Thanks for looking at our bike more to come.   Josh

I don't know what I'd do if anything ever happened to my girlfriend. But first, I'd
I'm wasting my time trying to come come up with a good quote, so, out of anger, I'm going to waste your time by having you read this one.... Mr T pities the emos, thats why they're sad...

#4 2011-10-17 8:28pm

MADDAWG
BMXer 4 Life
Signed up: 2008-02-14
Bikes: 16

jdripper wrote:

Thanks MADDAWG. My boys first racer and he digs it. We are getting ready to paint the frame a candy purple and polish the crank arms. My son found my old Power lite JR bars in the garage with a polished DK stem. He wanted me to put them on his Haro. Well the bars will work but the DK stem isn't going to work with threadless forks. So I polished the bars and got him a new ESP JR stem. It made me feel good he wants to race with some of my old parts on his bike. Next my wife found some carbon forks on Evil bay super cheap and they look killer. I hope to have it all done by X-Mas. I want to get a polished headset some race wheels polished or chromed, polished hubs and  spokes like my old rides back in the day. Murdered out bikes with black rims and spokes blow. Bikes like that remind me of spinners on a Tahoe dated!!! I dig the old days of chrome and color. We hope our mix of new and old school looks cool.   Thanks for looking at our bike more to come.   Josh

Keep us updated on the progress .

.                       IL/WI Border area O.G.O.A.R.                            

Rule #9 :If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

#5 2011-10-28 11:14pm

jdripper
Intermediate
Website

Time to bite my toung!!!
I wrote,( Murdered out bikes with black rims and spokes blow ).
Well one of the guys at work just got a new SE Big Ripper all murdered out.
That Big Ripper looks awesome and rides awesome. I still think it could use
some polished and chrome parts. I must say the black on black on black
looks super EVIL. My first racer I bougth was a 1984 PK RIPPER. I got it at
a bike shop in Glendora,CA. I went to this shop because I wanted a JMC
Darrell Young F/F, but they were sold out. The shop owner said he's got a
lite blue SE PK RIPPER F/F. When I saw that frame come out of the box I was
super stoked. SE blue PK WHAT A AWESOME COLOR. Then he pulled out the
forks and they had a big scratch on one side. The shop owner said, I will take
$10 off or you can have a set of chrome LG forks. So I got the chrome forks plus
he gave me a tange headset. I worked hard for that bike and I raced it from 84 to
92. I had other bikes but that PK was my baby. I think in 1990 I stripped it down
and gave the frame to my Grandpa to paint it. He worked at a body shop down
the street from my house in Glendora,CA called Arrow Glen Body Shop. They
painted it gloss black and it looked bad ass. I put it together with a DK stem,
PowerLite Pro bars, Redline Flite cranks and a new wheel set black Araya rims and
Bullseye hubs. The hubs were painted black but used to be blue and the cranks
looked new aswell. I got the Flites and Araya wheels from a old friend I raced with
bitd. I got those parts and some other nice parts for my DB F1 for just a ELF F/F and
GT Performer f/f I had. Two more years I raced that bike. Then one day my best
friend called me and asked if I still had any bikes. I had a DB F1 and my PK. We aired
up the tires and went for a ride. It was 1995 and almost three years since I even rode
a bike. What a awesome day of riding. Then we went to the video store and the day of
fun came to a end. I put my PK in the bike rack and the DB on top trying to hide it from
the street. We go in the video store for about 5 min. When we came out the DB was on
the ground and my PK was GONE! That was the day BMX died for me. I bought that bike
when I was 11 years old with my own money. My parents thought I was stupid for buying a
frame and fork for $130 when you could buy a complete bike for $50 at Sears. I just wanted
to share this story about me with all of you. I hope I didn't bore you with my story. I'm still
looking for a 1984 SE blue PK RIPPER and someday I will find one. I thank my wife Rachel for
letting me be a kid again and buy bikes I always wanted or owned in the past.

Last edited by jdripper (2011-10-29 1:01am)

Board footer