You are not logged in.

1995 Haro Master

#1 2011-08-22 12:38am

1of1547
Pro MemberVillage Idiot
Bikes: 15

1995 Haro Master

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf3527.1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf3522.1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf3539.1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf3542.1.jpg

1995 Haro Master

Last year of the twin top tube Master.

This is the first bike I've built for my self for the ground up. It's just the wrong color and at least 9 years newer than my dream bike. It has a mix of Old, Mid, and New School. But I tried to keep the general look of a old schooler. I got the frame, fork, bars from a trade on here. I've been collecting the rest of the parts for almost a year now. Frame and fork are original 95 Master. The bars are Kneesaver IIs. Stem is a Group One. The cranks are double pinch Flights. The cables, seat, Dia-Compe 883 brake, chain, chainwheel, and seat post clamp are all from Porkchop. I bored the seat post clamp out to fit a 25.4 Peregrine seat post. Those are the high points. Other than the chain wheel I'm really happy with the outcome. The chainwheel just doesn't "flow" the way I want. I may find a Fusion one for it. I just want to take it out for a ride!!! LOL

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

#2 2011-08-22 4:36pm

ghostrider
Resident .AI hack!
Bikes: 7

Re: 1995 Haro Master

don't get me wrong, you did a great job - it looks good.  i have to say i was disappointed when i saw the title "1995 haro master" and found it retro'd sad not a lot of 95s out there would have been nice to see another one!  either way, looks great only change i would do would be 48s or Tuffs

#3 2011-09-01 4:25pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child
Bikes: 11

Finally on here smile smile

@ghostrider:
It would be nice as a 95' Master, but finding all the correct parts to make it a complete again, it would be twice as hard to make it happen.

!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

#4 2011-09-01 4:52pm

ghostrider
Resident .AI hack!

Duke 01 wrote:

Finally on here smile smile

@ghostrider:
It would be nice as a 95' Master, but finding all the correct parts to make it a complete again, it would be twice as hard to make it happen.

seriously, you think so?  not me - 95 parts are not that hard to come by at all

#5 2011-09-01 6:36pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child
Bikes: 11

I have some pics of a 1995 Master and even the correct cranks (non-pinched FUSION 48splined) are very hard to come by, let alone in good condition.

For example i have found all the original parts to build me 4 different GT Tours in 3 years, and my 2001 Mirra Pro and Backtrail Pro are still in the making....4 years to find ONE set of Haro Megahubs LT, 3 years to find a nos Mega Nuke sprocket in 39t...and goes on..

I was just saying that you can find easier parts to build up an 80's or a 90's GT or even an 80's Haro....most 90's Haros that i've seen on here and are found as f/f sets have mismatched parts.
Team Haro supplies some decals as far as i know though. wink

!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

#6 2011-09-01 6:39pm

mtbwrxwagon
Pro MemberHello Kitty
Bikes: 25
For Sale: 38

Looks great!! You brought it back to life. cool

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/43842/bmx-museum5dee515398.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site RulesBecome a Pro MemberFor Sale Section Rules

#7 2011-09-02 7:32am

1of1547
Pro MemberVillage Idiot

ghostrider wrote:

don't get me wrong, you did a great job - it looks good.  i have to say i was disappointed when i saw the title "1995 haro master" and found it retro'd sad not a lot of 95s out there would have been nice to see another one!  either way, looks great only change i would do would be 48s or Tuffs

Thanks for your opinion and truly sorry for your disappointment. I respect that everyone has different opinions.
There are really two ways to look at this. One, is I bought a complete 1995 Master and ripped it apart and sold the parts. Then I did “retro† build. But you don’t know the history of the bike. So how can you judge? If this is your logic, then I could start to understand. Even though many complete 20+ year old survivors are parted on here everyday to make money. There are people that don’t even consider 93-95 Master to a true Master. To each there own. And to be honest, I personally think 95s were not one of the best looking years made. So I’m sure a lot of them lost their stickers rather quickly.
Option #2, the bike was bought/traded as a frame and fork without any of its original components or stickers. The new owner built it the way he wanted because the parts are stupid hard to find.
You probably can guess I picked option #2. If you think I picked the wrong option, I will gladly tear it down and trade you the frame and fork for an 84-88 Master. I got the bike as a frame, fork and bars. I searched from day one for original parts. I’ve never seen an OE set of stickers or a gold directional grind plate for it. I’ve seen ground up non directional plates, but none in gold. The only thing I have found for it is the crankset Costas is talking about. And they need rechromed. Nothing I did compromised the integrity of the original frame and fork. Within 15 minutes all of the “retro† parts and stickers will be off and ready to assemble as a 95. I guess it would be different if I powdered or painted the frame. But I did not as that would have messed up the factory chrome.
I did not want to use Tuffs or HP48s. I’ve got a set and could have gone with them just like everyone else on here does. Nothing at all wrong with that, it’s their preference. But I don’t like cookie cutter things. I wanted to be a little different with my “retro†. That’s also why I have a Turbo Regal, without GNX style wheels, instead of all of the cookie cutter “fast† cars. When I go to the track or a show, normally I’m the only one with a Regal in a sea of 69 Camaros and Fox bodied Mustangs.

Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

#8 2011-09-02 7:33am

1of1547
Pro MemberVillage Idiot

mtbwrxwagon wrote:

Looks great!! You brought it back to life. cool

Thanks James!!! cool

#9 2011-09-02 10:36am

ghostrider
Resident .AI hack!

1of1547 wrote:

ghostrider wrote:

Thanks for your opinion and truly sorry for your disappointment. I respect that everyone has different opinions.
There are really two ways to look at this. One, is I bought a complete 1995 Master and ripped it apart and sold the parts. Then I did “retro�  build. But you don’t know the history of the bike. So how can you judge? If this is your logic, then I could start to understand. Even though many complete 20+ year old survivors are parted on here everyday to make money. There are people that don’t even consider 93-95 Master to a true Master. To each there own. And to be honest, I personally think 95s were not one of the best looking years made. So I’m sure a lot of them lost their stickers rather quickly.
Option #2, the bike was bought/traded as a frame and fork without any of its original components or stickers. The new owner built it the way he wanted because the parts are stupid hard to find.
You probably can guess I picked option #2. If you think I picked the wrong option, I will gladly tear it down and trade you the frame and fork for an 84-88 Master. I got the bike as a frame, fork and bars. I searched from day one for original parts. I’ve never seen an OE set of stickers or a gold directional grind plate for it. I’ve seen ground up non directional plates, but none in gold. The only thing I have found for it is the crankset Costas is talking about. And they need rechromed. Nothing I did compromised the integrity of the original frame and fork. Within 15 minutes all of the “retro�  parts and stickers will be off and ready to assemble as a 95. I guess it would be different if I powdered or painted the frame. But I did not as that would have messed up the factory chrome.
I did not want to use Tuffs or HP48s. I’ve got a set and could have gone with them just like everyone else on here does. Nothing at all wrong with that, it’s their preference. But I don’t like cookie cutter things. I wanted to be a little different with my “retro� . That’s also why I have a Turbo Regal, without GNX style wheels, instead of all of the cookie cutter “fast�  cars. When I go to the track or a show, normally I’m the only one with a Regal in a sea of 69 Camaros and Fox bodied Mustangs.

wow, i think everyone is reading into my thoughts too deeply.  i never even considered how/why you came about the frame/parts.  i was simply stating that there are not too many era correct 95s out there (NOS or rider) and it would have been nice to see another one, that's it (and just my opinion) smile  wasn't meant to offend you - i never said "dude that sucks! you did a horrible job! blah blah" - for multiple reasons, the most important being it is about what makes YOU happy not me (i knew that when i made the post)  again, the bike looks great!  not trying to take anything away from you or it (or trying to offend you)!!!

#10 2012-05-02 4:02pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

:PPecker heads lol
I play

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.
Got me a Model-C aftermarket frame!!!!

Kink frame anyone..? P.m me

#11 2012-05-02 4:02pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

tongue pecker heads lol
I play

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.

#12 2012-05-02 4:03pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

Or maybe I held a gun to one of 1547's head and said build it so nothing is o.g!!!!
Muhahahaha

#13 2016-07-27 2:16pm

PARCELPOX
For Sale Restricted
Bikes: 3

Does anyone know the serial for the 95 masters please?

#14 2016-07-27 7:51pm

ghostrider
Resident .AI hack!

93 = KH3C (3 is the year C is March build)
94 = KH4C (4 is the year C is March build)

I think 95 follows the same

Board footer