You are not logged in.

Fast Man, lemme tell you my story man.  RSS Feed

#201 2013-01-15 2:34am

77stroker2
Thread Killer
Bikes: 8

Re: Fast Man, lemme tell you my story man.

forty_three wrote:

77stroker2 wrote:

Dang Hella Sick ! I'm glad to see the wheel set that you went with worked ! How does it ride ? Instant Flavor ! big_smile

Smooth like butter. Unbelievably responsive and feels like it weighs half what my Group 1 AL does. It's an incredible machine. Those guys build good stuff over there.

Hey Patick how things been. ? I've been busy and I'll PM u soon! I see that you posted the 24" in The Dark Side ! Sick ass ride you have there ! Well I've been talking to the Wife about my 88 Black/Blue Haro Master F/F that I got free from Dan himself from Danscomp ! In 1991 in April when we got back from War Desert Storm,as soon as the ship hit peer side, I walked to the pay phones on base and called Dans. ! I got Dan himself and told him that I just got back and he was the 1st person that I called ! He said have you called your parents? I said No ! We talked for about 30 minutes and at the end he said,send me a copy of your military I.D. Card, I said ok ! I told him that I would call him back in 2 weeks to order some Super Chrome Pro Peregrines 48's, a 1" polished top load Fusion Stem and some Chrome Haro Knee Saver 2 ! Well I guess he wrote that down ? I didn't think of anything. I had duty that night on the ship and I just went down and filled out my form and a buddy went to 7-11 and brought me a BMXPlus Mag back that I asked him to get for me since he was going there. Again, you fly, I buy. I just read it and was pumped up for 0800 for my 4 days of liberty call ! I live off base, so I went home and got a shower and wiped my 88 Team Haro Master down ( green into mint into chrome & it got stolen sad . I know who took it cause I took it over to his house and it was a old shipmate. He said it got taken out of his garage,but he just hid it from me. That was 3 months after we got back from the war. The next week I got out ). I went to 7-11 got a Money Order and made a copy of my Military ID and rode 17 miles to Virginia Beach and dropped my envelope in the mail box and rode the beach ! Man I loved that 88 ! Well fast forward a couple of months, my 88 Team gets ripped off at my buddies house ( yeah right ) and I was to fly out next week and come home to Modesto and start a new life smile . Well I get home and my Mom says there's a big box for you in your old room, do I go and look. I opened it up ( now remember this is at the end of 1991 and Dan still had a few 88 Haro and GT F/F's and I got his last Black/Blue one ) and holy cow ! There's my 88 Black/Blue/Chrome Frame and Chrome Forks with the folding fork standers. I noticed that when I pulled it out there were other things in there. Holy Cow ! Just wait ! As I put my frame down, I noticed there was a headset on it ? WTF ? By that time my dad said, what u got there ? I told him I order about 6 months ago a F/F from Dan from Danscomp ! My dad said, glad your here cause that box was in my way and I was going to throw it away. I then heard my Mom say my Dads full name lol ! I said then, what the heck is all this other stuff ? Ok guys here you go ! Remember I said that Dan musta wrote it down ? Well there was wrapped and in package a Haro Knee Saver 2 chrome, a polished 1" Fusion Stem and a Chrome Wheel Set of Peregrine Super Pro 48's ? What the heck ? I found a note that was made to me and Dan said, Ken please read package slip ? At the time I didn't know what a package slip was so my mom reached for it and my dad took out his pocket knife and inside my mom read it and handed me a money order for $384.17 and I said What ? That the Money Order that I mailed him from VA ? My Mom read the letter out loud and it said,
Ken I had you make a copy of your Military ID just to see if you were BS'ing me as I knew by the news every night that you guys were starting to come home from the war and I wanted to see your ID. In behave of me and the crew at Danscomp we welcome you back and Thank You for your service for our country. I have returned your money order and the extra parts in for you on the house !
In 1994/95 I started to build it and I noticed mid-school and old-school parts were in the catalog together, so I tried to get as much old school as I could ! A year later, I did the biggest mistake of my life and stripped the decals and powder coat off and put it all back together and hated it, to much chrome and tore it down the next day and boxed it up and never looked at it again. Last week end I took it out of the box and everything is Mint ! Only missing powder/decals ( going to chip ) and tires. Cables are shot ! Other that that, going to start and re-build the old Danscomp 88 Master, Soon !
Ken !

Last edited by 77stroker2 (2013-01-15 2:37am)

Ken=The Number 1 Poser !
Desert Storm Vet. US Navy FC2  ( 1986-1991 )

Left Old Junk ( I Mean Old School)  For New School! Love "THE DARK SIDE"!
As Craig Ferguson Would Say," I Look Forward To Your Hate Mail " !
[img]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/shitmyrompers/Modern%20Muscle%20Cars/aaf1aff9-d865-45cf-b141-8ba083757654_zps8a8fc026.jpg[/img]

#202 2013-01-15 4:59am

RoadRunner
Museum Addict
Bikes: 3

LOVE ME SOME S&M lol
KILLER RIDE cool

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8030/8007396581_05d34f815a_c.jpg

#203 2013-01-15 5:09am

OG'89
Pro Membersloppy headset
Bikes: 17

How have I missed this story till now? Fantastic, man... gotta read thru all 9 pages... see if there are any more updates. Subscribed.

-Dan

43! Ahahahahahaha... 43.

WTB (long-term projects): anything DBI, 97-98 Schwinn SS1, 'Dave Cullinan' Robinson f/f, Homeless Mack SL.

#204 2013-01-15 5:26am

spraybomb
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 8

That is a super story! This is the real stuff I dig hearing about real people with a story to tell. Thanks for sharing. Would love to read more from other members !

#205 2013-01-15 6:13am

chippy71
Expert
Bikes: 11

Cool story, cool to hear from the guys who were/are good enough to get paid for riding BITD! smile

#206 2013-01-15 6:59am

forty_three
Museum Addict
Bikes: 4

Ken, that is awesome. I cannot wait for the build thread!

I thrashed your grail, and I loved every second of it.

#207 2013-01-15 2:19pm

joshcliffy

Awesome story! Great memories, not to mention the S&M is sweet!

#208 2013-02-09 6:06pm

dropddime
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 3

RoadRunner wrote:

LOVE ME SOME S&M lol
KILLER RIDE cool

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8030/8007 … 815a_c.jpg

nice

dirty for thirty

#209 2013-04-05 10:40am

teamharo
Intermediate
Website

What a great read! Thanks for sharing Patrick! You did grow up with so many influential people!

#210 2013-04-08 7:22am

Jeno007
Defender of The Universe
Bikes: 13

Pretty cool stories, just got back into the game again recently too, been fun running into old friends and talking about the good times, I feel you on the memories. I got some close friends up in Columbus, that place is SO MUCH fun to skate and ride, especially downtown. Next time I get up there we should meet up for a session down at the bloodbowl or something. cool

Anything is negotiable.

#211 2013-04-08 2:49pm

XXXBMXXX
Museum Newbie

Should be made a sticky!

#212 2013-06-09 6:30pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

Cool story. I wish I had half the guts/skills you guys did or do. I understand about the holding back after you got hurt. I always figured it was just something I did. lol. I read the story a couple of times and it is pretty cool until the crash part. Call me stupid, but was the pink Haro 1 of 5 made?

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Redline, the fastest way between two points.

Give A Shift! Save the manual.

#213 2013-06-09 6:56pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

forty_three wrote:

bwnharo wrote:

forty_three, are you the guy on the pink master in the first post? I have seen that picture on another thread some time ago, cool pic. I can not remember what that thread was about, but I have seen that picture before.

Yeah, I posted it when I first joined in a Pink Haro thread, the thread that led me here, actually.

Apparently there were five made. 3 are known to have survived and are in the hands of members here. Mine died a noble death. So there's one more out there somewhere...

Awesome story and I can't stop reading this thread. Damn you. lollollollol

Got my answer on the 1 of 5 made.

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Redline, the fastest way between two points.

Give A Shift! Save the manual.

#214 2016-12-17 4:12am

bmxninja357
Centurion Member

great read. i was wondering if theirs a thread here for folks to share bmx related stories from their past. the nuts and bolts along with the sex drugs and rock n roll that accompanied much of bmx's earlier days. if any one knows one let me know, i cant find it. or should i start one?

i love these stories and think many here have at least one. the tales in this thread are awesome.

thanks for sharing brother!
ninj

whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had Gonorrhea.

Board footer

View Cart →