You are not logged in.

Fast Man, lemme tell you my story man.  RSS Feed

#26 2011-04-07 5:16am

andycapp
Pro Member
Bikes: 14

Re: Fast Man, lemme tell you my story man.

Nice. There are so many great elements to this story (apart from your trip to the hospital) Masters, 20IIs, Spike Jonze... BMX is cool. Thanks for the read.

What I should have said, was nothing.

#27 2011-04-07 5:30am

RallyeTech02
Pro Member

Great story!  I'll be waiting to hear about the week at the POW...

"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"

***I'm a DK addict!!!***

#28 2011-04-07 6:54am

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 19

I wish there were more cool stories like this on this website.  You know real stuff with real memories.  Thanks man.  smile

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#29 2011-04-07 6:56am

bikehustler
Pro Member

Great piece of your past, I time warped for a moment!! wink

#30 2011-04-07 7:14am

zombie_jesus
Google Me, B*tch

GT/TINY wrote:

I DIDNT WANT THAT STORY TO EVER END!!!!!!!

+1

t'was epic

#TeamGeiger

#31 2011-04-07 7:18am

cmb
Pro MemberTexan by birth, Scottish by drink
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 1

I love stories like these, especially with all the pictures.  Very cool.  Can't wait to see the stills video.

Just your typical Aggie Hutch owner. Gig'em.

Never trust a man that doesn't know what beer tastes like or wears more than two rings.

I usually edit for my grammar mistakes.

#32 2011-04-07 7:24am

zombie_jesus
Google Me, B*tch

forty_three wrote:

Thanks all, I've been having a blast reading here and looking at all the stuff.

I didn't quit bikes altogether, BTW. I just got on ones with bigger tires. I have a Haro VGF3 Hardtail Mountain bike and a Schwinn Peloton road bike.

I'm on the lookout for a Master frameset and a Cruiser. Probably gonna start racing again this summer at age 40.

It's funny, I always dug watching the Old Guy Cruiser class races. Now, I'm gonna be in 'em!

I'm creating some stills from a video we made at the Edgewood Bowl. I'll add them soon.

peep this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … :MEBIDX:IT

#TeamGeiger

#33 2011-04-07 7:50am

graciedanebmx
Expert
Bikes: 3

Great story...makes me remember being a kid and living on my BMX bike

If you send me a lowball offer do not expect a reply. I am sorry the free shipping fairies are on strike and it cost money to ship items now. Please consider that before making an offer.

#34 2011-04-07 8:34am

Acup4130

shelloil23 wrote:

Acup4130 wrote:

WOW!! wait WOW!!!!! this is definitely The best post on here! I had to reread twice to take in the EPIC! Do you have a name mystery man??Great story with pics ( So IT DID HAPPEN)
& a Pink Master to boot! (again with pics)! This is what this site should be all about, not the " im going to quit painting drama/whine" or the "mine is worth" or "he ripped me off (cuz I am a DA who allows myself to be ripped off)" thread. This is REAL! ride or show how you rode. Collecting is cool if you actually rode & were not just a dreamer/poser who could not afford what the "cool" kids had, Otherwise its just ghey& more poser than the first time. That all said this by far is the greatest thing I ever read on here
THANK YOU

so I guess since my parents could only afford a DB Silver Streak when I was a kid I'm a "poser" now because I buy all the bikes I wanted? (aka the bikes the "cool" kids had)
I'm 40 with a career and a family....sorry I can't ride all day like you! roll

Sorry to cut in with this, but that DA comment got me off track, GREAT story...it's amazing how much these bikes bring those memories back huh?

Do you feel like a poser? must have touched a nerve... I'm 34, 3 kids, full time job, & no $, So I havent rode in quite a long time.Was poor growing up, I had a GHP hand me down from a local older kid (this is in 88-89).. Guess I need to clarify.. If you rode the shizzy out of your DB SS like I did to my GHP and the "cool" kids with their Haro's & GT's poked fun @ you because your SS was'nt the hot model @ the time (like my GHP..nobody heard of cuz it wasnt in BMX + @ the time) yet you could out ride them cuz it was in your heart not in your parents wallet then sorry that comment wasnt directed @ you. On the other hand If you & your SS stood by while the kids with the $$$ bikes tryed to do tricks, then yes you would be a poser...& then many years later just buy "all the bikes you wanted" cuz you can, but just to look @ seems F N Ghey to me.. My post was more directed @ the fools on here constantly complaining about this or that which has not much to do with ACTUALLY riding & just about the $$$ bikes..which just reminds me of those kids BITD who thought they were so "cool" because of the value of there material object...

#35 2011-04-07 9:32am

mlp187
Centurion Member

Posts like yours are why I joined this place. Awesome story.

Always open to trades

#36 2011-04-07 9:41am

cmb
Pro MemberTexan by birth, Scottish by drink
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 1

Come on guys, don't dick up forty_three's cool story thread.  If you want to argue with each other, start a new topic and carry on in there.

Just your typical Aggie Hutch owner. Gig'em.

Never trust a man that doesn't know what beer tastes like or wears more than two rings.

I usually edit for my grammar mistakes.

#37 2011-04-07 9:46am

07CARRERA
Mr. Haro Master
Bikes: 17
Website

Haro stud  cool

Great story! Thanks for letting us in on your Haro tale mate!

U.S. Army Reserve
SGT, 31B20
Military Police

#38 2011-04-07 10:13am

Jurm

Awesome story. I actually felt that tugginng feeling that is my heart yearning for those care free 18+ hour days on my bmx. Thanks man, I needed a healthy shot of nostalgia.

#39 2011-04-07 10:54am

FerretCon
Intermediate
Website

Epic post bro, great stuff.big_smile

Not to change subjects but do you know how old Dave Clymer's been doing? I use to travel to Orange County every year with my fam's and visit Disneyland. Clymer would always meet us over at the ESPN Sports Zone for drinks and to grab a bite to eat. We grew pretty close racing video games of all things on the x-box. I knew he was working the Iron and took some pretty nasty falls but I haven't heard from him in over a year now. He doesn't answer his phone anymore and I haven't been to Orange in two years. Great guy, hope he's doing well!tongue

#40 2011-04-07 11:55am

hemi455
Pro MemberPit Crew & ATM
For Sale: 3

Great Story, Love to hear these.

#41 2011-04-07 12:33pm

forty_three
Museum Addict
Bikes: 4

FerretCon wrote:

Epic post bro, great stuff.big_smile

Not to change subjects but do you know how old Dave Clymer's been doing? I use to travel to Orange County every year with my fam's and visit Disneyland. Clymer would always meet us over at the ESPN Sports Zone for drinks and to grab a bite to eat. We grew pretty close racing video games of all things on the x-box. I knew he was working the Iron and took some pretty nasty falls but I haven't heard from him in over a year now. He doesn't answer his phone anymore and I haven't been to Orange in two years. Great guy, hope he's doing well!tongue

No, I don't. I actually only really "knew" him the week I was out there. I recently found Alan online though and have been catching up with him. Not sure if Alan stays in touch with him or not, but I can ask. He's a ridiculously cool guy.

Thanks for all the kind words and PMs everyone. The old ego is enjoying the jaunt down memory lane. It's funny, the people who know me now would never imagine the showman / wild streak I had, and the people who knew me then would probably not ever figure I'd have a regular office job. Never can tell where someone's been or where they're going, I guess.

Bowl pics and stories coming soon.

I thrashed your grail, and I loved every second of it.

#42 2011-04-07 12:57pm

skubasteve
Pro Member
Bikes: 3
Website

macr0w wrote:

Have I read this before?

I feel like I'm having deja-vu.

big_smile

I've read this on here before. I was thinking the same thing half way through reading it.

I try not to smile cause I got my teeth knocked out by a chainsaw

#43 2011-04-07 1:05pm

FerretCon
Intermediate
Website

Bro if you could ask Alan it would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to re-connect with ol' Clymer. Shoot me a PM whether it's good news or bad news please. There's a large group of us that often wonder what happened to that guy. And I've never met Alan but all these cats outta the POW camp all seem to be incredible gents.

I started doing some googling last night after I read your thread and found Clymers recent intervew with Transworld BMX.

http://bmx.transworld.net/1000071190/vi … 50th-is...

Was also able to find some old YouTube vid's of the POW camp back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e4RRspJWc4

Found a interesting thread over at Vintage BMX that was copied from the S&M forums. Looks like Clymer took a fall off the Iron back in May of 2009. Dude landed on the concrete and broke a masive amount of bones. Looks like S&M was going to make a very limited run of Tribute frames in honor of Clymer. Very cool stuff! Link is below.

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/ind … c=27031355

#44 2011-04-07 1:27pm

ivegotabike
BMX FREEDOM VESSEL
Website

Good story man!! Thanks for making my day!                              I love my Hutch yikestongue

My next bike will be my LAST one.

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
Hunter S. Thompson

#45 2011-04-07 1:39pm

LeighH
The UK Crippler
Bikes: 2

forty_three you should write for a living man cool It was a real pleasure reading that first post. I'm looking forward to the more smile

#46 2011-04-07 1:47pm

vettefan
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

skubasteve wrote:

macr0w wrote:

Have I read this before?

big_smile

I've read this on here before. I was thinking the same thing half way through reading it.

x3

"Is corn holing when you shove a corn on the cobb up someones anus or vagina?"... quote from Godzilla !!

#47 2011-04-07 2:07pm

thegarman
Museum Addict
Bikes: 16

Great story...

I really like the style in which it was written, and then the photos complete the picture....

An awesome read.

Gar

#48 2011-04-07 3:04pm

forty_three
Museum Addict
Bikes: 4

skubasteve wrote:

macr0w wrote:

Have I read this before?

big_smile

I'm pretty sure I've never posted this before. But then again, I have a history of head injuries.

I thrashed your grail, and I loved every second of it.

#49 2011-04-07 4:07pm

kegger
Pro Memberbarbarian by blood, pirate by choice
Bikes: 9
Website

12 to 16 hours a day  on those bikes......... man, those days were fun big_smile
we had bluffs across town, and 10 or 12 miles was a common days ride
i can remember riding with a sleeping bag stuffed in the bars,
a steak and a couple sodas inside keeping cold,
going to sleep in the bluffs with the bikes, a fire, and 2 bros
i think i was 15 smile

A WISE MAN ONCE SAID.........   NOTHING...

HE LET HER VENT, THEN THEY WENT UPSTAIRS AND HAD SEX

Power is Nothing Without Control

#50 2011-04-07 4:35pm

five
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 1
Website

More pics, Less words...  big_smile  Just Sayin.

Cool bikes, and cool story!

Board footer

View Cart →