You are not logged in.

How much positive feedback is enough?????

#26 2011-02-09 8:09pm

duckman
Pro MemberDuck Commander
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: How much positive feedback is enough?????

On the net you could get screwed by anyone on here or ebay . Its a gamble to deal with people you dont know . I have had only good deals on here  bought things from many poeple on here and hope to buy more . My 2 cents . smile

Show me on the doll where they touched you . It’s Shake and Bake and I helped!

#27 2011-02-09 8:09pm

bmxgrimreaper
Pro MemberEvel Kinevel
Bikes: 43

well rl, help us out what happend,? and who?

#28 2011-02-09 8:11pm

MyRad25rs
Expert

n00b checking in here. 

*EDIT*
This is what I meant to put:

I'm on a couple of  other forums with great feed back, but I know what it takes to establish a good reputation.   It's simple: Don't f**k anyone over.  roll

I just recently joned this awesome site, and seeing all the things on here, I'm trying to get what I can.  Now that I'm 25yrs older and can afford it. lol  I thank the guys that have worked with me with my transactions, as some have been with MOs, here and other sites. yikes
Their feedback will show my trust.  I just need to establish that line of communication and trust.   
My advice for buyers: Amount of positive feedback isn't always everything.  Especially if a member has not had posts/transactions for a while, for whatever rerason.  I know this from experience, on another site.  You just need to do your research!!!!  That, I can't emphasize enough.  Research!!!
My advice for sellers: Your feedback and tenure will speak for themselves if the buyer has done research. 

Sorry to ramble on.  Just my .02

Thanks again, Guys...and expect to hear from me to buy some more stuff. big_smile

Last edited by MyRad25rs (2011-02-09 8:27pm)

Hook 'Em!!! smile

#29 2011-02-09 8:12pm

oldsklHaro
Pro MemberHARO Hound
Bikes: 33
For Sale: 2

I think after 446 positive you should be good loltongue

#30 2011-02-09 8:16pm

brackett
AdminThe Maharajah
Bikes: 18
Website

I am like Kid718 on this.

I have nothing but respect for A+ sellers with crazy feedback but its the guys thats been around since 2006 that I see have some nice stuff but they have low post count and low feedback.

This is my take on it:

I will buy from anyone that has all + feedback that is 3 or more if I feel comfortable.

Guys like BMX*Racer*1902 lol and stevenbvn are obviously seasoned.... big_smilesmile I have no doubts dealing with guys like them and other guys with a ton of great feedback.

In the end, it boils down to who has the most to loose.

New guys are faced with that also. Trying to have a good rep. on a killer site!

I take pride in every precious feedback that I have here and sure wish it was more thats missing.

Use the feedback system but watch out for rok131313 the mod.... <<<<< He bans members that dont like Hutch! lollollollol

I never log off and I had to disable my screen saver because it was causing problems , making me have to restart my computer every time it kicked on. Please keep that in mind if you message me and I don't reply back right away. Thanks.

#31 2011-02-09 8:17pm

bmxgrimreaper
Pro MemberEvel Kinevel

well alright, feed back my be good? or may be bad? what i do know. it would be nice if every body would  post, who to stay a way from. that's a start.

#32 2011-02-09 8:19pm

robk131313
Admin*Mr. Vacation*
Bikes: 8

brackett wrote:

I am like Kid718 on this.

I have nothing but respect for A+ sellers with crazy feedback but its the guys thats been around since 2006 that I see have some nice stuff but they have low post count and low feedback.

This is my take on it:

I will buy from anyone that has all + feedback that is 3 or more if I feel comfortable.

Guys like BMX*Racer*1902 lol and stevenbvn are obviously seasoned.... big_smilesmile I have no doubts dealing with guys like them and other guys with a ton of great feedback.

In the end, it boils down to who has the most to loose.

New guys are faced with that also. Trying to have a good rep. on a killer site!

I take pride in every precious feedback that I have here and sure wish it was more thats missing.

Use the feedback system but watch out for rok131313 the mod.... <<<<< He bans members that dont like Hutch! lollollollol

lollollol

#33 2011-02-09 8:21pm

rinsa1022
a.k.a. rumpl4skin

I look at feedback kinda like a credit rating.........you may have had good credit/feedback in the past but 1 screw up & it puts a dent in that rating. Therefore, I don't think you can, or should, put a limit on feedback ratings. It should be looked at as a tool to measure ones up to date transaction history. If that makes any sense!

There's No School Like OldSchool !!!!!

#34 2011-02-09 8:21pm

oldsklHaro
Pro MemberHARO Hound
Bikes: 33
For Sale: 2

BMX*Racer*1983 wrote:

Did someone say feedback?    yikes

tongue big_smile

Were not worthy, were not worthy!! lol

#35 2011-02-09 8:24pm

daripper
Pro MemberRipper From Oz
Bikes: 6

Maybe Hobbes12 will chime in soon with is POV on the subject...i know for a fact he has seen many a member with good feedback fall by the way side

Old School Racers Australia

#36 2011-02-09 8:29pm

crownrox
"Resident Drunkie"
Website

i love this place .... that is all tongue

The opinions and statements expressed herein are solely my own and not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual nor do they represent the opinions of BMX MUSEUM.... i pretty much blame the alcohol , you should too

#37 2011-02-09 8:31pm

MyRad25rs
Expert

crownrox wrote:

i love this place .... that is all tongue

ditto...smile

Hook 'Em!!! smile

#38 2011-02-09 8:39pm

oldschuulbmxer
I ride em
Bikes: 8

im a worry wart! a guy with 100+ can rip ya just as much as a guy with 5! trust? no! gamble? yes!

In Colorado we ride!!!  all bmx stuff rules!

#39 2011-02-09 8:48pm

bmxgrimreaper
Pro MemberEvel Kinevel

so what have we learned here? if you want to buy sell or? do some looking,talking get to know the people you are dealing with, thanks

#40 2011-02-09 8:53pm

daripper
Pro MemberRipper From Oz
Bikes: 6

bmxgrimreaper wrote:

so what have we learned here? if you want to buy sell or? do some looking,talking get to know the people you are dealing with, thanks

Maybe we have learn't that it is all a risk/gamble...and as the old saying goes, "if ya not prepared to loose it dont gamble it"

Old School Racers Australia

#41 2011-02-09 8:55pm

RL-20II Guy
Pro Member
Bikes: 16
For Sale: 16
Website

I give any and all contact you want from me too.  I don't hide anything.   Maybe there should be more of a verification of people on here that sale.  Make them post a confirmed phone number, or something.... 

It is a shame that we have to "buy at your own risk".   It can majorly interrupt your build too smile

"Just don't look...see. Nothing is, as it appears..." - paraphrased C. O'Neal

#42 2011-02-09 8:58pm

Jon1971
"100 Flavors of Fun"...
Bikes: 5
Website

If I were going to buy something that I consider expensive there's more than feedback I'd consider. Feedback, post count, how long have they been here. Everyone is new at some point, but I expect people to get their feet wet on small ticket items and work out any potential kinks in how things work on this particular site before trying to give me a warm fuzzy about parting with a bunch of cash - trading/selling sites all have their own ways of doing things and just because you trade pottery all day long somewhere else, that doesn't mean you know to wrap a frame in a $1.25 worth of pipe insulation before boxing it up. There's no magic number, but something around triple digits definitely makes me feel good. Or being here more than 6 months and actively taking part. Oh, and if anyone is within an hour drive and is willing to meet me in person, that goes a long, long way.

Do I owe you feedback? Please remind me via PM and I'll take care of it.

#43 2011-02-10 1:58am

freeagent-nz
Pro Member
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 1

I generally check if people have left feedback for the guys that have given them feedback...  That can give just a little bit more indication of the persons character..
I see lots of guys in the wtb section that ive helped previously and could do again..
But if they couldnt take 20 seconds after the last deal to post some feedback then there hunt can continue without my help..

There can never be too much positive in this world...

#44 2011-02-10 2:51am

vintage chromoly
BMXer 4 Life

bmxgrimreaper wrote:

deserve aint got nothing to do with it, yahhh that was a joke, i just bought something on here, and yes, getting to talk to someone,to get to know them a little, and yes feed back helps ......... but what about the guy who comes along, new or ? you , every body was new at some time.

who knows what you're saying bro?

time on the board means a lot as it shows that you have been here and will be here. wink

the feedback system is flawed as buyers are sometimes afraid to leave accurate feedback when shafted.

pay with a credit card and if you get the shaft do a chargeback. problem solved.

i agree that after a bunch of positives, the seller has proven himself trustworthy enough to deal with.

unions.... the folks who brought you the weekend!
Your - belongs to you....You're - You are /Its - Belongs to it....It's - It is / Brake - Slows your car....Break - Falls apart
There - Not here....Their - Not yours....They're - they are
Here - Not there....Hear - To perceive sound
Lose - To not win....Loose - Not tight
Sale - this is FOR SALE....Sell - Going to get rid of
Since - From then till now... Scents - Smells..... Sense - Conscious awareness....Cents - pennies

#45 2011-02-10 4:20am

kurt88
Museum Addict
Bikes: 11

nobody trust me sad . until i get them there stuff fast  tongue lol

#46 2011-02-10 4:49am

123vh355
Intermediate

I bought something from someone on here over 7 months ago(someone who has nearly 500 pos feadback and thousands of posts, who has been a member for nearly 4 years) and still haven't received it.I have heard that he sent it, it must have gotten lost and he couldn't find the tracking number, that he has lost his job and is doing it hard.
Now, i'm not a prick ,so if someone is going through tough times, i can understand, but at least stay in contact and inform me of what is going on.
He has been telling me for over 4 months that he will come good with the sale, but unless i contact him, i don't hear from him and yet he still posts nearly every day, even selling items( which could possibly replace some of the things that never showed up).
Before buying these items, i made contact with the seller and checked his feedback.We communicated a while before the deal was made.
I have found out that my brother in law is also getting stuffed around by the same seller, he has only been waiting for about 5 months.
So, now i have been giving this member a huge amount of opportunities to come good , or at least try to come good.My patience is starting to run really thin.
Now , it looks like i have found another seller who wants to muck me around, i have been waiting over 1 month for something and now the seller does not answer my messages , even though he posts nearly every day.
In all, sometimes feedback does not mean anything, some people can turn into a prick at the flick of a switch.
Which is a shame because there is a huge amount of people on here that do the right thing.

#47 2011-02-10 4:57am

maximum85
!!!The Sales Man!!! "1000 CLUB"
Bikes: 2

123vh355 wrote:

I bought something from someone on here over 7 months ago(someone who has nearly 500 pos feadback and thousands of posts, who has been a member for nearly 4 years) and still haven't received it.I have heard that he sent it, it must have gotten lost and he couldn't find the tracking number, that he has lost his job and is doing it hard.
Now, i'm not a prick ,so if someone is going through tough times, i can understand, but at least stay in contact and inform me of what is going on.
He has been telling me for over 4 months that he will come good with the sale, but unless i contact him, i don't hear from him and yet he still posts nearly every day, even selling items( which could possibly replace some of the things that never showed up).
Before buying these items, i made contact with the seller and checked his feedback.We communicated a while before the deal was made.
I have found out that my brother in law is also getting stuffed around by the same seller, he has only been waiting for about 5 months.
So, now i have been giving this member a huge amount of opportunities to come good , or at least try to come good.My patience is starting to run really thin.
Now , it looks like i have found another seller who wants to muck me around, i have been waiting over 1 month for something and now the seller does not answer my messages , even though he posts nearly every day.
In all, sometimes feedback does not mean anything, some people can turn into a prick at the flick of a switch.
Which is a shame because there is a huge amount of people on here that do the right thing.

and that is what negative feedback is for...hard times or not..he had the time to sell,take your money,then  NOTHING...if you don't leave a negative,no one will be warned of his actions..

#48 2011-02-10 5:07am

RacenJason
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

It sucks you guys got Screwed. You could save one of us from getting screwed. Need a warning page. If you would post name this would put up a red flag. I know I would think twice about buying if I had read some story of a deal gone bad. I am fairly new and have bought a few things and sold a few. It is a great site, but in these tough times people will do anything to get by. I do look at feedback, I have been burnt on eBay and they had good feedback. It is a gamble.

WANTING OG Race Inc, FMF, and PK Ripper Looptails

#49 2011-02-10 5:11am

tiggy1190
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 44

I personally am leary of trades with newish membership, and low to no feedback. I will sell to a member with 0-1000 as long as they buy it under my terms. Everybody has to start somewhere. As far as neg feedback members... well you gotta look at the whole picture. I know of some BS neg fb that members have received from buyers who just like being dillholes! Bottom line is, do your research before any transactions.

Disabled Veteran, US Army Aviation, 4/2 ACR Special Over Water Operations, "Toujours Pret"

Honor is not an award in which you receive, but a reward for what you gave

Support the PORK!

#50 2011-02-10 5:14am

123vh355
Intermediate

I haven't left either of the sellers, any feedback yet as i am still hoping to get either my items or my money back.
I will be putting this in the hands of mods or admins soon and will be asking them to either ban them or name them if i don't get what i have paid for.
If these guys lived in my town, they would have already had a visit!!!!

Board footer