You are not logged in.

New Features for site, who wants what?

#526 2011-01-25 10:43am

nate
Site Guru
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: New Features for site, who wants what?

brandonbig wrote:

Ok Ive been thinking about this for a while, and I dont think it would be that hard to do. When I get an email notification that someone has PM'd me, Id like to be able to just reply in the email and have it go back to their inbox as a PM. I do most of my stuff from my phone throughout the day and it would make it so much easier. Then I dont have to leave my email, go back to the site, open my inbox, reply, then do it all over again when they reply back to me (again).

I know Facebook has implemented this in texting form. Much easier for the people on the go. Should be fairly easy to implement through email.

another feature that's been on my to-do list for a long time. personally, i'd love it if people would just use the "email" link and use their email provider to communicate with each other, ha. there's a lot of work that goes into maintaining what appears to be a simple service and i'd rather not spend development time building what's bound to be a sub-par email service for thousands of users when there are so many free email providers that focus solely on that. (and have much larger budgets than we do.)

BUT! that said: it'd still be a great feature to add. implementing this has to be done carefully so it's secure and can't be hacked to spam folks. opening up email commands to the server can be a mess.

i'd like to set up a "vote for the feature you'd like to see next" section. it'd help me narrow down what's actually of use to the most people.

#527 2011-01-25 11:01am

boxline69
Redneck on a Skyway
Bikes: 15

Thanx for the good work Nate.

Bring back the fav on the left,and yea the vote option would
prolly be the best .

You Can't Fix Stupid
Need VDC Changa Fork!! and Monkey Bars!!

#528 2011-01-29 10:39am

poserbmx
Intermediate
Bikes: 3

how about at top of page button at the end of each for sale page

"old school all the way,or no school at all"

Board footer