You are not logged in.

New Features for site, who wants what?

#476 2010-09-05 5:38am

SKYWAYNE1026
Pro Member
Signed up: 2009-03-09
Bikes: 19
For Sale: 1

Re: New Features for site, who wants what?

My favorite part of the museum is browsing the great survivors and beautiful show builds but I don't think 4 photos is enough to capture all the details and feature all the parts. The site has gone through some recent changes & upgrades but in the future I'd like to see them allow us maybe 6-8 photos instead of 4, anyone agree?

Always looking for nice / rare SKYWAY bikes, parts & gear.

#477 2010-09-05 6:14am

dc1
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-08-09
Bikes: 3

You can direct link photobucket photos to your description. Hence having as many photos as you want. You could also just post your extra photos as a post on your bikes.  cool

#478 2010-09-05 8:39am

five
BMXer 4 Life
Signed up: 2008-12-30
Bikes: 1
Website

Hey Nate...  what about a multiple delete for subscribed topics?

I subscribe to a lot of stuff, Instead of using "My Posts" but it is a bit of a pain to open each one up to delete.

THanks!

Cail

#479 2010-09-05 6:46pm

muphasta
Pro MemberPro Tester
Signed up: 2008-08-22
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 2

How about something for the P.I.F. like the old for sale section, once something is sold you can mark it as claimed.

Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

#480 2010-09-08 5:58pm

SCIVIC94
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-01-23
Bikes: 25
For Sale: 18

how about fixing the buy it now button in the new forsale section. i have it turned on in all my listings but it does not appear. i had someone ask me why it is not in my listing.

#481 2010-09-18 10:13pm

DankD
Centurion Member
Signed up: 2010-08-18
Bikes: 2

This is an excellent site overall!! So lets not forget that! but I would love to see...

1. In the for sale section have the option to filter thru BMX or Freestyle, I find myself looking at a lot of things for sale that are freestyle and I am not very interested in, so to be able to maybe have an option when listing parts to select either bmx or freestyle and/or multi purpose for tools and pads that you can use for both. I think that would be killer option to have

2. In the for sale old section have the requirement to list to the best ability the make and model of each part for sale because as much as I love the creative catchy slogans I hate clicking on a post only to find  a pair of beat up plastic pedals or some loose ball bearings.  I think it would help make selling more efficient and better for everyone thanks

and that is my 2 cents

Thanks for a great site overall it is very addicting!

#482 2010-09-20 3:47pm

SCIVIC94
Pro Member

SCIVIC94 wrote:

set up the new for sale section so that when an item item sells it sends a pm. not just an email. had an item sell about 3 weeks ago. did not know for 4 days that the item item sold. only found out cause i went to use my paypal and the account balance looked high.  then early this morning someone also bought an item item yet again only found out cause i went to send payment.
i dont check my email everyday. i only check it if i am expecting an email.
it only makes sense if it sells here to pm the person here.

i would still like to see this. person paid for an item on the 13th. i found out today.

#483 2010-09-29 4:53am

mfs
Centurion Member
Signed up: 2010-05-07

My first purchase was in the classifieds for sale section, yes wading through large photo's and sellers information is a hassle, but this is fun because it's like going to an estate auction going through a box of junk looking for a jewel. The for sale BETA section is also very slick - the one that looks like Ebay. Both for sale sections are great! Also, I left feedback by pressing the sellers positive feedback button, it was easy.

Keep up the good work...

#484 2010-10-09 7:45am

motoxxer69
Expert
Signed up: 2009-09-14

please allow more pics in the beta section!! cant get everything in 5 pics!!! give motomagmatt his own section!!!!!!! the goose thread is so long  and if you post a goose question you just get yelled at or slammed on if it has already been answered in that thread!! I have read that thread and sorry I'm not gonna remember 50+ pages of goose related stuff all the time!!! just an IDEA!!!!!

may you always land two wheels down!!!
if not may the dirt you eat always be tasty!!!!!
"two dollars"

#485 2010-10-09 8:19am

brandonbig
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2009-11-22
Bikes: 4

motoxxer69 wrote:

please allow more pics in the beta section!! cant get everything in 5 pics!!! give motomagmatt his own section!!!!!!! the goose thread is so long  and if you post a goose question you just get yelled at or slammed on if it has already been answered in that thread!! I have read that thread and sorry I'm not gonna remember 50+ pages of goose related stuff all the time!!! just an IDEA!!!!!

+1

#486 2010-10-09 11:10am

five
BMXer 4 Life
Signed up: 2008-12-30
Website

Looking at the bikes...  should be more of a filter...  I want to look for a bike, at least let me pick the brand, and the year, not just the brand, then sift through 15 pages before I find the year I want.

Thanks!  big_smile

#487 2010-10-09 7:18pm

2dr_sedan
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2007-07-13
Bikes: 88
Website

five wrote:

Looking at the bikes...  should be more of a filter...  I want to look for a bike, at least let me pick the brand, and the year, not just the brand, then sift through 15 pages before I find the year I want.

Thanks!  big_smile

+1

Also, how about a POLL option?

Having the project is what makes me happy, finishing it isn't something I think about.

#488 2010-10-09 8:07pm

SCIVIC94
Pro Member

2dr_sedan wrote:

five wrote:

Thanks!  big_smile

+1

+2

#489 2010-10-09 8:39pm

its-all-good
Pro MemberDon't Cheers Me Bro
Signed up: 2007-02-14
For Sale: 141
Website

SCIVIC94 wrote:

2dr_sedan wrote:

five wrote:

Thanks!  big_smile

+1

+2

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/old-school-fool/Avatar/thumbnailsp.jpg

#490 2010-10-10 7:32am

poserbmx
Intermediate
Signed up: 2008-08-01
Bikes: 3

somekind of highlight on threads that you have read already so you dont re-read old ones

"old school all the way,or no school at all"

#491 2010-10-10 7:39am

tcbmx
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2008-12-21
Bikes: 8

maybe on the FS section have New Mid and Old School categories. idk how well this would work out, but I really really hate sifting through pages of Old School crap before finding something I need.

What's the point of having a bike if you're not going to ride it?

#492 2010-10-10 7:53am

2dr_sedan
Museum Addict
Website

poserbmx wrote:

somekind of highlight on threads that you have read already so you dont re-read old ones

It was like that at one time.

Having the project is what makes me happy, finishing it isn't something I think about.

#493 2010-10-10 9:01am

zrider6
Centurion Member
Signed up: 2010-10-10

I think its all great.

#494 2010-10-14 8:16am

andycapp
Old Man Punk
Signed up: 2010-09-02
Bikes: 15

Hey Nate, this probably doesn't fall under your job description and I have seen similar musings here, but what about a separate category for bikes that are built "to spec." (from an old ad, as sold stock, rider tributes, etc...) As someone posted way back in this thread "reference bikes" once everything has been verified by the powers that be, these bikes could become BMXmuseum bikes without regard to what is actually done with the bike later. (sold, parted, whatnot) Then have, Customs, Riders or whatever people want as other BIKE categories?
smile This site is great. Being new here, and to "forums" in general, it is  fairly enlightening going through 20 pages and 365+ days of comments and seeing the amazing amount of work that you guys do here. And the obvious care taken to truly read and consider the suggestions. Very cool. Just one more reason to love the BMX.
I also love that nearly 1/3 of these almost 500 posts start with "I didn't feel like reading all these, so here is the same thing 10 other people said"! I wonder why it is 20 pages long! Funny. tongue

"When the going gets tough, let the tough get going." - Frank Leahy

"If there's no time to do it right the first time, how will there be time to fix it when you f*** it up?" - William Leahy

"What I should have said, was nothing." - Mike Birbiglia

#495 2010-10-20 2:34pm

toenail.
Signed up: 2010-10-05

I think what andycapp suggested is a brilliant idea.Like a benchmark for each model bike(one of each factory colour) for future reference.the old mags and ads are hard to find and dont capture things from all angles,I think guys getting their bikes picked as the most correct bike would be stoked,and it would encourage guys to put in the research sparking interesting discussions and debates on the forum.

#496 2010-10-21 5:10am

andycapp
Old Man Punk
Signed up: 2010-09-02
Bikes: 15

toenail. wrote:

I think what andycapp suggested is a brilliant idea.Like a benchmark for each model bike(one of each factory colour) for future reference.the old mags and ads are hard to find and dont capture things from all angles,I think guys getting their bikes picked as the most correct bike would be stoked,and it would encourage guys to put in the research sparking interesting discussions and debates on the forum.

Thanks man. And, duh. I didn't even think about having one of each color. That would be pretty cool. I spent so much time staring at the old catalogues, and that was like one year, from one company. When I could even find them. This place is the best. cool

"When the going gets tough, let the tough get going." - Frank Leahy

"If there's no time to do it right the first time, how will there be time to fix it when you f*** it up?" - William Leahy

"What I should have said, was nothing." - Mike Birbiglia

#497 2010-10-29 3:49am

SCIVIC94
Pro Member

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH VENDORS. THERE IS A FEW VENDORS ABUSING THE FOR SALE SECTION . THERE SHOULD BE A VENDORS ONLY SALES SECTION AND THEY PAY TO USE IT. ITS RIDICULOUS THAT THEY LIST 20-30 ITEMS OVER THE COURSE OF 2 DAYS EATING UP 2 PAGES OF SPACE.
THIS IS WHY THE OLD FORSALE SECTION STILL WORKS BETTER.

#498 2010-10-29 7:44pm

brandonbig
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2009-11-22
Bikes: 4

SCIVIC94 wrote:

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH VENDORS. THERE IS A FEW VENDORS ABUSING THE FOR SALE SECTION . THERE SHOULD BE A VENDORS ONLY SALES SECTION AND THEY PAY TO USE IT. ITS RIDICULOUS THAT THEY LIST 20-30 ITEMS OVER THE COURSE OF 2 DAYS EATING UP 2 PAGES OF SPACE.
THIS IS WHY THE OLD FORSALE SECTION STILL WORKS BETTER.

+1

#499 2010-10-30 3:20am

2dr_sedan
Museum Addict
Website

How about a POLL option?

#500 2010-10-30 4:53am

olracer
Centurion Member
Signed up: 2009-09-15
Bikes: 5
Website

markmc97225 wrote:

I think the worst part about the sales/search process is, you type in a search term, and you then have to wade through perhaps dozens of photos, and perhaps scroll to top or bottom to find price. And when searching for say a tuf neck stem, you end up with tuf neck seat clamps. And then you have to wade through responses to find dibs/sold. Although the seller needs to be able to list multiple items, they need to somehow need to be displayed as unique items that can easily be viewed as active or sold. So, categorization of some sort.

Seller needs to be able to clearly (easily) mark items sold, and it's standardized, so it's easy for the user searcher to know.

Also, how about e-mail notification when someone posts an item for sale you're looking for? With that categorization, could be done.

yes i think search bar should be more specific like if you search for ""gold araya rims"" only that should show up!!! not everything gold ,everything araya ,and everything rim
oh and did I win a prize for being # 500 to comment big_smile

Last edited by olracer (2010-10-30 7:48am)

- Bikes are not the only thing I collect -

Board footer