You are not logged in.

2001 K2 DMC Pro

#1 2007-10-17 8:18am

kmpap
Pro Member
From: Seattle, WA
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 3474
Bikes: 17
Offline

2001 K2 DMC Pro

http://bmxmuseum.com//image/k21.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/k22.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/k26.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/k28.jpg

2001 K2 DMC Pro

2001 K2 DMC Pro, custom build.  Ride of choice.  This bike's been a good friend over the years.  2001 USA-made K2 DMC Pro frame and fork, Haro Mirra Pro handlebars, Profile crankset and Gas pedals, Standard Bykes sprocket, Profile cassette hubs laced to Peregrine new-ish school rims (the name of which I can't remember for the life of me - Mad Max, I think), Revenge Industries brakes, K2 Saddlebag seat, DK Trail stem, etc.  Little personal mod from back in the day: I cut small pieces of uber-grit grip tape and wrap them around my brake levers for better leverage.  Good for handling, bad for gloves.  - Kevin


http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Offline

 

#2 2007-10-17 9:52am

Duke 01
Lunatic Child
From: Greece, Athens
Registered: 2006-11-05
Posts: 3466
Bikes: 5
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

Where did you find this frame????


Another cool ride wink


!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

Offline

 

#3 2007-10-17 10:15am

kmpap
Pro Member
From: Seattle, WA
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 3474
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

Hey Duke,
I ordered it from K2 through a LBS the summer of '01.  I loved riding my '99 K2, but it's a shorter frame and I wanted to see how the longer 2001 model rode by comparison.  Also, I had seen the Mirra Super Tour at a local skatepark, and after seeing McCoy rip it up on this frame I had to have one.  On rare occasions the overseas-made model pops up on eBay.  It's really one of my favorites. 
Thanks for the compliment!

Last edited by kmpap (2007-10-17 10:16am)

Offline

 

#4 2007-10-17 12:09pm

kmpap
Pro Member
From: Seattle, WA
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 3474
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

"OLDSCHOOL...",
You should build that silver DMC up - you won't regret it.  It's a great ride!

Offline

 

#5 2007-10-17 1:12pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child
From: Greece, Athens
Registered: 2006-11-05
Posts: 3466
Bikes: 5
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

I know these frames are from the times you were watching an ESPN bike stunt competition and you COULD recognize which bmx bike was each rider's bike!

Now if they don't have their signature, go figure..


!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

Offline

 

#6 2007-10-17 1:13pm

ulrich
Freestyle Alumni
Registered: 2007-01-16
Posts: 928
Bikes: 3
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

I like it. I have a K2 also

Last edited by ulrich (2007-10-17 1:14pm)

Offline

 

#7 2007-10-17 1:21pm

kmpap
Pro Member
From: Seattle, WA
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 3474
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

Duke -
You really hit something on the head with your last comment.  I enjoy building and riding bikes from a not-too-distant past when there seemed to be great individuality in a frame's construction, look and feel.  Granted, today's bikes are so advanced I can see why there would be somewhat of a homogenization of form and function, but to me having a bike under you that really looks different than the guy next to you is part of the fun!

Last edited by kmpap (2007-10-17 1:22pm)

Offline

 

#8 2007-10-17 5:27pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child
From: Greece, Athens
Registered: 2006-11-05
Posts: 3466
Bikes: 5
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

kmpap wrote:

but to me having a bike under you that really looks different than the guy next to you is part of the fun!

exactly!
I can't say about the new hi-tech bmx bikes....they are good....they tried to keep them light and in the same time as stiff as a late 90's monster...and they kinda succeed.
But before i buy a frame or just parts, i really want to spend my money on something, which, i will truly like!
But that's me..


!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

Offline

 

#9 2009-04-23 8:29am

markmcftd
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2009-04-23
Posts: 1
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

I had a dmc a few years ago and loved it,
I am hoping to get another 1 the same can any1 please help??

Offline

 

#10 2009-09-01 11:25am

The Mid School Fool
Intermediate
From: Kansas City
Registered: 2009-08-16
Posts: 352
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

DMC is king, he lives on my street, no joke.


Any Hoffman Love or Patriot Bars?

Offline

 

#11 2009-09-01 11:41am

kmpap
Pro Member
From: Seattle, WA
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 3474
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

The Mid School Fool wrote:

DMC is king, he lives on my street, no joke.

Hell yeah!

Damn cool neighborhood you're in! cool

Offline

 

#12 2009-09-01 11:50am

jay brand
Homeless Bikes Nut
From: Springfield, MO
Registered: 2008-07-27
Posts: 4026
Website
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

We used to travel up to Independence to ride with DMC years and years ago. He loves to ride real late at night into the early morning hours. He is a seriously cool guy, no ego at all. One of our local riders is a good friend of his. Nice K2 by the way smile


The devil said "Scratch my back and I'll scratch your back for sure"

Offline

 

#13 2009-09-01 12:00pm

kmpap
Pro Member
From: Seattle, WA
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 3474
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

jay brand wrote:

We used to travel up to Independence to ride with DMC years and years ago. He loves to ride real late at night into the early morning hours. He is a seriously cool guy, no ego at all. One of our local riders is a good friend of his. Nice K2 by the way smile

Wow - that's incredible Jay.  I'd love just to see DMC ride live, let alone ride with him (lol).  And it's great to consistently hear that such long-standing star of the sport is as cool as he is talented. 

A buddy of DMC's once sent me a home-made dvd of the Brigade doing some serious sessioning at Josh's, etc. - these guys all have the goods!

Offline

 

#14 2009-09-01 12:03pm

jay brand
Homeless Bikes Nut
From: Springfield, MO
Registered: 2008-07-27
Posts: 4026
Website
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

I havnt been up ther in years but his back yard was like going to Woodward, ramps everywhere. I only got to ride there once but we got to ride with the KC crew everytime we went out for late night street and flatland runs.


The devil said "Scratch my back and I'll scratch your back for sure"

Offline

 

#15 2009-09-01 12:10pm

kmpap
Pro Member
From: Seattle, WA
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 3474
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

jay brand wrote:

I havnt been up ther in years but his back yard was like going to Woodward, ramps everywhere. I only got to ride there once but we got to ride with the KC crew everytime we went out for late night street and flatland runs.

Sounds like a blast.  Any pics for those rides?  big_smile

Offline

 

#16 2010-02-19 6:01am

Chris Rice
Museum Newbie
From: Kansas City, MO
Registered: 2008-09-30
Posts: 16
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

Love the K2 - I have the same year still all factory. You guys are bringing back memories with all the comments.  I used to ride with Dennis back in 88-89. We used to meet at Penn Valley community college covered parking lot in midtown KC,MO at 8pm every Saturday night, and ride til the sun started coming up, or until we got split up due to being chased by the cop helicopter! LOL! There was a couple other well known local riders too. I remember gong to pick up Rick Thorne at his house.  And Rick Moliterno used to work at a local bike shop just 2 miles from my house, and he used to ride the Sears covered parking lot late at night at Antioch Mall in Gladstone, MO (which is the one he is referring too in the 88 Team Haro video). He lived in the London Tower Apartments off of 62nd and Antioch, and I remember going over to his apartment and seeing brand new bikes in their box from Haro just sitting in the hallway.  I do have pictures of him doing tricks out front of the bike shop. That was about the time he left Hutch and just started riding for Haro. Then at some point he moved back to Moline, IL, and the rest is history.

Last edited by Chris Rice (2010-02-19 6:04am)

Offline

 

#17 2010-02-21 8:39am

kmpap
Pro Member
From: Seattle, WA
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 3474
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

Chris Rice wrote:

Love the K2 - I have the same year still all factory. You guys are bringing back memories with all the comments.  I used to ride with Dennis back in 88-89. We used to meet at Penn Valley community college covered parking lot in midtown KC,MO at 8pm every Saturday night, and ride til the sun started coming up, or until we got split up due to being chased by the cop helicopter! LOL! There was a couple other well known local riders too. I remember gong to pick up Rick Thorne at his house.  And Rick Moliterno used to work at a local bike shop just 2 miles from my house, and he used to ride the Sears covered parking lot late at night at Antioch Mall in Gladstone, MO (which is the one he is referring too in the 88 Team Haro video). He lived in the London Tower Apartments off of 62nd and Antioch, and I remember going over to his apartment and seeing brand new bikes in their box from Haro just sitting in the hallway.  I do have pictures of him doing tricks out front of the bike shop. That was about the time he left Hutch and just started riding for Haro. Then at some point he moved back to Moline, IL, and the rest is history.

Chris - that's awesome stuff - cool stories! 

I can't imagine how fun it must have been riding with DMC and that whole KC "Brigade" BITD.  Thanks for sharing the memories - post a few pics (of both the riding and your bike) if you can.

Offline

 

#18 2011-04-20 10:37pm

classic57vw
Pro Member
From: Vancouver, WA
Registered: 2008-09-03
Posts: 308
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

Never had a K2 but dig this one & hey, Dennis is the man!!


Haro lover & flatland hoarder!

Offline

 

#19 2012-12-28 1:39pm

ghostrider
Resident .AI hack!
From: The Roc
Registered: 2008-09-15
Posts: 1716
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

courtesy bump for an awesome ride. smile

Offline

 

#20 2012-12-28 2:53pm

kmpap
Pro Member
From: Seattle, WA
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 3474
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

ghostrider wrote:

courtesy bump for an awesome ride. smile

Ha ha - thanks man.  Funnily enough I was at storage today and sat on this bike and thought "I should take this thing out and to a skatepark..."

Also came across a NOS frame and fork of the same model and year if anybody is interested...!

Offline

 

#21 2013-08-04 1:55am

Bowlingracecardriver
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2013-08-04
Posts: 3
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

I also ride this bike. I got it new in 2001, as soon as I saw it I had to have it! I have never seen another one before.

Here is a photo!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7060/6861783197_2ee02cec38_b.jpg
P2120001 by Bowling Racecar Driver, on Flickr

Offline

 

#22 2015-03-13 3:07pm

Chevron Envy
Pro Member
From: Central PA
Registered: 2008-07-19
Posts: 1945
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 12
Offline

Re: 2001 K2 DMC Pro

I have an NOS one of these I'm trying to sell.  Anyone interested hit me up!!

Sorry to hijack the thread!


Early '85 Haro Masters are my thing!
Always selling / buying 1985-specific Haro Master Items (especially early serial numbers)
Collector of Redline 401's and Sugino 400's parts, Diamond Back Turbo cranks and BB's too!

Offline

 

Board footer