You are not logged in.

A sort of homecoming...

#1 2011-01-01 10:55am

shred
Pro Member
Signed up: 2007-04-08
Bikes: 1

A sort of homecoming...

Quick background: I joined this site early spring 2007, after "trolling" for about 6 months, looking for info on GT serial #s & restoration tips.  I wanted to bring back to life my original chrome 1984 GT Mach One, which I still own & will never give up.  I was a regular visitor to this site, posting my own resto tips when I could, & buying a SERIOUS amount of stuff from other members.  Around mid-2009, I had to take a break, as my buying got out of hand in my blind quest to build a 1985 Haro Master (which is in the Museum).  Also, life happens: work got busy, & before you know it, it’s been over a year since my last post.

So I’m back to the Museum, & there’s been many changes, most of which I agree with, namely the yearly charge to become a Pro Member & sell stuff.  During these holidays, I’ve been soaking in this site, reacquainting myself with the Forums, namely the Catchall.  I see that some of the core members that I first met are still here.  Some have become Mods.  What is probably the starkest change: the amount of bikes posted to the Museum.  Wow!  yikes  Some seriously nice rides are here.  People have definitely stepped up their game.  It’s great to see such enthusiasm still alive & well.

As for purchasing stuff, I’m sure most of you can relate.  I ended up building 12 completes, & have frame/fork sets for 15 more.  Yes – I have a problem.  lol  So in the interest of giving back to the Community that gave me so much, I’ve decided to sell off about 90% of this stuff.  My goal is to post all of it here & not on ebay, since this is the site for true collectors.  Hopefully I won’t have to go the ebay route.  I purchased nearly everything I have from members right here on this site.  I’ll be selling everything below what I paid for it.  I’ll start with the "low-end"  stuff & work my way on up.  All funds will help to build the one ride I still want: a chrome 1983 GT Nora Cup. 

This is more of a philosophical rant than anything.  I’m glad the Museum is still here, & it looks very strong.  Hope to catch up with members I’ve lost touch with, & maybe make a few new friends.  Cheers.  cool

Last edited by shred (2011-01-01 10:56am)

#2 2011-01-01 4:41pm

Haro Hound
jsholst200
Signed up: 2007-10-18
Bikes: 9

Re: A sort of homecoming...

Welcome back man.

In The Name Of God....Father I'll Fly!!!!!!!

#3 2011-01-01 6:37pm

shred
Pro Member
Signed up: 2007-04-08
Bikes: 1

Thanks.  I remember you were one of the core group that helped me out with my '85 Haro Master a long time ago.  Cheers.

#4 2011-01-01 6:43pm

flock53
Post Restriction
Signed up: 2009-12-28

Cant wait to see what youve been sittin on. I got the bug a year or so ago. COOL that you will sell here 1st......

Dragon Energy

#5 2012-03-18 7:22am

djdeil
Pro MemberRaptor Freestyler
Signed up: 2012-02-24
Website

Wow- found this site-1 mounth ago.
Ive bought 3 completes-1 i have to bring back
To original ..
And two builds.
I feel ya!
Looking at that white freestyler!
Damn.i look forward to doing business!
Nice back story- thanks!

if your not nice-dont sell or buy from me...im looking for early haro survivor completes... Hit me up.also have completed hutch completes i may sell to right buys...
thanks!

Board footer