You are not logged in.

Pink Floyd fans go here  RSS Feed

#51 2010-11-25 7:21am

PJ311foo
Banned
From: Minneapolis, MN
Registered: 2010-07-25
Posts: 627

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

I just saw Roger Waters at Target Center in St. Paul last month. I have 3 videos which I have been lazy and havnt added them to YouTube yet neutral

I will do that today or tom. and then link them here. It was by far one of my favorite concerts

Offline

 

#52 2010-11-29 12:29am

brackett
AdminTuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
From: Southern Indiana
Registered: 2009-10-27
Posts: 25458
Bikes: 17

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here


[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/71353/yung-50x5c393b3691.gif[/img]

Offline

 

#53 2010-11-29 12:33pm

Monster-Robot
Pro Member
From: Carthage, MO
Registered: 2007-04-20
Posts: 1638
For Sale: 3

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

I LOVE this thread!  As I mentioned earlier I used to hang out on Roger Waters websites before I was a total BMX junkie.  This feels like "home again" (PF pun absolutely intended)!!!


Here are a few of my favorite PF pieces.

Upper left are my Mobile Fidelity CDs and a Mono release of Piper at the Gates of Dawn;  RWaters Minidiscs and the "Gigi cover" of Umma Gumma

On the right is The Wall - Film soundtrack; a promo copy of When the Wind Blows (Roger content); Sealed Division Bell in blue vinyl; 1st pressing Wish You Were Here with the og blue shrinkwrap; 1st pressing "banned cover" of Pros and Cons

Left side is Wish on Dutch Blue Vinyl; Animals on French pink vinyl; Dark Side on Dutch white vinyl; Dark Side picture disc; a pre-release white-label promo of The Wall

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/Monster-Robot/IMG_1404.jpg

I have a bunch of the radio shows (In the Studio; Up Close; Off the Record, etc, etc...) if you hardcores need a fix.

Last edited by Monster-Robot (2010-11-29 12:34pm)

Offline

 

#54 2010-11-29 1:28pm

dignandag
Centurion Member
From: Texas
Registered: 2010-09-15
Posts: 111

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

David Gilmour's voice is among my favorites.

THE best Pink Floyd song:

Last edited by dignandag (2010-11-29 1:33pm)

Offline

 

#55 2010-11-29 1:44pm

MXRIDER250
For Sale Restricted
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2006-09-28
Posts: 385
Bikes: 11

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

dignandag wrote:

David Gilmour's voice is among my favorites.

THE best Pink Floyd song:

Brilliant song cool


[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/DB250F.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#56 2010-11-29 5:05pm

myone
BMXer 4 Life
From: S. Paterson, NJ
Registered: 2008-07-15
Posts: 7952
Bikes: 9

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

Going to see OZZY friday.big_smile


Everybody sing GOOOOO YANKEES !!!                      MAH!! COULD WE GET SOME MEATLOAF ??????????

Your gonna wear the shirt of the band your going to see??? DONT BE THAT GUY!!!!!!
R.I.P. Autmn Pasquale 12yrs. old you will not be forgotten. Murderd over BMX parts. UNFORGIVABLE.

Offline

 

#57 2010-11-29 9:53pm

brackett
AdminTuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
From: Southern Indiana
Registered: 2009-10-27
Posts: 25458
Bikes: 17

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

Monster-Robot wrote:

I LOVE this thread!  As I mentioned earlier I used to hang out on Roger Waters websites before I was a total BMX junkie.  This feels like "home again" (PF pun absolutely intended)!!!


Here are a few of my favorite PF pieces.

Upper left are my Mobile Fidelity CDs and a Mono release of Piper at the Gates of Dawn;  RWaters Minidiscs and the "Gigi cover" of Umma Gumma

On the right is The Wall - Film soundtrack; a promo copy of When the Wind Blows (Roger content); Sealed Division Bell in blue vinyl; 1st pressing Wish You Were Here with the og blue shrinkwrap; 1st pressing "banned cover" of Pros and Cons

Left side is Wish on Dutch Blue Vinyl; Animals on French pink vinyl; Dark Side on Dutch white vinyl; Dark Side picture disc; a pre-release white-label promo of The Wall

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/ … G_1404.jpg

I have a bunch of the radio shows (In the Studio; Up Close; Off the Record, etc, etc...) if you hardcores need a fix.

Nice stuff dude. I would love some hard to find stuff if you are willing to burn copies. LMK what you have and how much. Thanks!


[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/71353/yung-50x5c393b3691.gif[/img]

Offline

 

#58 2010-11-30 7:23am

cappy227
Museum Addict
From: Long Island, NY
Registered: 2008-09-01
Posts: 2765
Bikes: 24
Website

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

I never found the film The Wall to be particularly great; considering what they put into their works, it fell very short of the "genius," and I'd understand if Waters and others were bent about its creative end with Geldof and gang. If anything, I'd have rather seen clips of it broken down in to music videos, spliced with concert or studio footage.

Read up on their history, so much great stuff...Trivia: The Wall concert tour actually broke them, as it was too expensive to produce at every venue considering props, cast/crew. Richard Wright, pretty much kicked out of the band at that point, was the only one who made a profit as he was on a contract for the tour only, being paid per gig - the rest were still band mates, who'd share a profit  - a profit that never happened.


"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa."

Offline

 

#59 2010-11-30 8:55am

skirkpat
Pro Member
From: KC, MO
Registered: 2009-11-29
Posts: 5978
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

I started listening to Floyd as the Wall album was coming out. I bought all the earlier albums on the sale racks and would listen to them on Koss headphones at night..OVER & OVER & OVER on the LP "loop" as I slept. Waking up to it blaring in my head. I would say that they had a direct impact on my Social development on a subliminal level...LOL lol

I still remember being thrown out of Arrowhead Stadium parking lot after the 87 Momentary lapse of reason concert...at 6-7 in the morning, only to drive acrross the street to pass out in the gas staion parking lot. It was honestly the best show I had seen in my life, I tried to capture some of that magic again on their next show in the early 90's. I took my wife at the time, got stuck in traffic in her car and sat through most of the show  there. I finally drove the median to the exit and 4 wheeled my way into a parking lot which made her mad (it was a Cutllass Calais big_smile ) I was so pissed when I got there that we stayed for about 20 mins. before I gave up and went home so I could get away from her and her complaininng. We were divorced shortly after that. Floyd Rules, True Genius, a diamond that will always shine on!

Last edited by skirkpat (2010-11-30 8:57am)


If something I say offends you I would like to sincerely appologize, but please realize I am a complete stranger to 99.9% of you and as such should hold no real power over your emotions. Have a great day ladies and gents and try not to forget to keep life in perspective  :^P

Offline

 

#60 2010-11-30 9:09am

Monster-Robot
Pro Member
From: Carthage, MO
Registered: 2007-04-20
Posts: 1638
For Sale: 3

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

skirkpat wrote:

I started listening to Floyd as the Wall album was coming out. I bought all the earlier albums on the sale racks and would listen to them on Koss headphones at night..OVER & OVER & OVER on the LP "loop" as I slept. Waking up to it blaring in my head. I would say that they had a direct impact on my Social development on a subliminal level...LOL lol

I still remember being thrown out of Arrowhead Stadium parking lot after the 87 Momentary lapse of reason concert...at 6-7 in the morning, only to drive acrross the street to pass out in the gas staion parking lot. It was honestly the best show I had seen in my life, I tried to capture some of that magic again on their next show in the early 90's. I took my wife at the time, got stuck in traffic in her car and sat through most of the show  there. I finally drove the median to the exit and 4 wheeled my way into a parking lot which made her mad (it was a Cutllass Calais big_smile ) I was so pissed when I got there that we stayed for about 20 mins. before I gave up and went home so I could get away from her and her complaininng. We were divorced shortly after that. Floyd Rules, True Genius, a diamond that will always shine on!

That KC show was one of the shows I saw on the '87 tour.

I fortunately WAS able to make it to that venue in '94...but I'll be kind and not rub it in your face....  tongue

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/Monster-Robot/IMG_1407.jpg


Sorry....just couldn't resist!

Last edited by Monster-Robot (2010-11-30 9:10am)

Offline

 

#61 2010-11-30 9:41am

skirkpat
Pro Member
From: KC, MO
Registered: 2009-11-29
Posts: 5978
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

Monster-Robot wrote:

skirkpat wrote:

I started listening to Floyd as the Wall album was coming out. I bought all the earlier albums on the sale racks and would listen to them on Koss headphones at night..OVER & OVER & OVER on the LP "loop" as I slept. Waking up to it blaring in my head. I would say that they had a direct impact on my Social development on a subliminal level...LOL lol

I still remember being thrown out of Arrowhead Stadium parking lot after the 87 Momentary lapse of reason concert...at 6-7 in the morning, only to drive acrross the street to pass out in the gas staion parking lot. It was honestly the best show I had seen in my life, I tried to capture some of that magic again on their next show in the early 90's. I took my wife at the time, got stuck in traffic in her car and sat through most of the show  there. I finally drove the median to the exit and 4 wheeled my way into a parking lot which made her mad (it was a Cutllass Calais big_smile ) I was so pissed when I got there that we stayed for about 20 mins. before I gave up and went home so I could get away from her and her complaininng. We were divorced shortly after that. Floyd Rules, True Genius, a diamond that will always shine on!

That KC show was one of the shows I saw on the '87 tour.

I fortunately WAS able to make it to that venue in '94...but I'll be kind and not rub it in your face....  tongue

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/ … G_1407.jpg


Sorry....just couldn't resist!

LOL lol , That's alright. Glad someone enjoyed it...Arrowhead was such a great place to see a concert. They quit doing them right after that show because they went to a grass field. They are starting to do them again though big_smile I guess the Chiefs don't really need it anymore lol


If something I say offends you I would like to sincerely appologize, but please realize I am a complete stranger to 99.9% of you and as such should hold no real power over your emotions. Have a great day ladies and gents and try not to forget to keep life in perspective  :^P

Offline

 

#62 2010-11-30 10:48am

MXRIDER250
For Sale Restricted
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2006-09-28
Posts: 385
Bikes: 11

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

If any of you guys want to go, im there on the 29th, your more than welcome to stay at mine for a couple of days...


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … K:MEWAX:IT


[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/DB250F.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#63 2010-11-30 11:34am

Monster-Robot
Pro Member
From: Carthage, MO
Registered: 2007-04-20
Posts: 1638
For Sale: 3

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

Wow!   I SO want to see Roger in the UK.   I know a lot of guys that will be there too.    May be time to cash in some FF miles....

Offline

 

#64 2010-11-30 11:52am

mongoosefreak
Pro Member
Registered: 2010-03-05
Posts: 4906
Bikes: 12

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

cool

Last edited by mongoosefreak (2010-12-03 6:47pm)

Offline

 

#65 2010-11-30 1:10pm

prolineII
Museum Addict
From: Queensland, Australia
Registered: 2007-09-20
Posts: 1261
Bikes: 4

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

my the wall VHS has the bricks in white on the jacket with the animation characjers emrging through it.

Offline

 

#66 2010-11-30 1:40pm

Monster-Robot
Pro Member
From: Carthage, MO
Registered: 2007-04-20
Posts: 1638
For Sale: 3

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

The one above is the US first edition.   The movie was popular enough to have had several releases in the US and UK and very likely more worldwide so multiple covers are likely.

Is your copy "Live in Berlin"?  It has the brick cover.


Edit:  I found it.  A 1982 US VHS release had the "Brick" cover.

Last edited by Monster-Robot (2010-11-30 1:45pm)

Offline

 

#67 2010-11-30 1:47pm

Monster-Robot
Pro Member
From: Carthage, MO
Registered: 2007-04-20
Posts: 1638
For Sale: 3

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

A few other shows that I was able to attend:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/Monster-Robot/IMG_1406.jpg

Offline

 

#68 2010-11-30 1:57pm

mongoosefreak
Pro Member
Registered: 2010-03-05
Posts: 4906
Bikes: 12

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

My VHS Tape says 1982 on the tape itself, and on the box it says package design 1989..

Offline

 

#69 2010-11-30 2:04pm

Monster-Robot
Pro Member
From: Carthage, MO
Registered: 2007-04-20
Posts: 1638
For Sale: 3

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

Oops....the Brick cover shows as a 1989 release.   Had to Google search it...it's been too many years! 

The movie was released in 1982 and the OG VHS was 1983 and was the cover shown above.   No idea about the 1989 package design.

Last edited by Monster-Robot (2010-11-30 2:06pm)

Offline

 

#70 2010-11-30 2:07pm

prolineII
Museum Addict
From: Queensland, Australia
Registered: 2007-09-20
Posts: 1261
Bikes: 4

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

Monster-Robot wrote:

The one above is the US first edition.   The movie was popular enough to have had several releases in the US and UK and very likely more worldwide so multiple covers are likely.

Is your copy "Live in Berlin"?  It has the brick cover.


Edit:  I found it.  A 1982 US VHS release had the "Brick" cover.

no, it's the actual alan parker film. i bought mine here in Australia around mid '80's (not 100% sure). i'll try and dig it out to see it's release year.

Offline

 

#71 2010-12-01 12:01pm

dignandag
Centurion Member
From: Texas
Registered: 2010-09-15
Posts: 111

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

lol

Offline

 

#72 2010-12-01 1:57pm

prolineII
Museum Addict
From: Queensland, Australia
Registered: 2007-09-20
Posts: 1261
Bikes: 4

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

prolineII wrote:

Monster-Robot wrote:

The one above is the US first edition.   The movie was popular enough to have had several releases in the US and UK and very likely more worldwide so multiple covers are likely.

Is your copy "Live in Berlin"?  It has the brick cover.


Edit:  I found it.  A 1982 US VHS release had the "Brick" cover.

no, it's the actual alan parker film. i bought mine here in Australia around mid '80's (not 100% sure). i'll try and dig it out to see it's release year.

i found  the vhs. the only date on it is 1982 on the back cover so i took a pic of it on my favourite team when they won NORA cup big_smile

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e86/nak302/thewallvhs1982002.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e86/nak302/thewallvhs1982005.jpg

Offline

 

#73 2010-12-01 2:00pm

prolineII
Museum Addict
From: Queensland, Australia
Registered: 2007-09-20
Posts: 1261
Bikes: 4

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

i just noticed yours is rated R which means here in Australia it cannot be sold to anyone under the age of 18.

Offline

 

#74 2010-12-01 2:42pm

Monster-Robot
Pro Member
From: Carthage, MO
Registered: 2007-04-20
Posts: 1638
For Sale: 3

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

Cool...I guess that is an Aussie cover....or at least a non-US cover. 

Here's one I have never seen in person:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/Monster-Robot/Wall51XVV9MHPAL_SL500_.jpg


Yours is very similar to the US DVD but with a different image and graphics are swapped top-to-bottom.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/Monster-Robot/wall510TX4RWA6L.jpg

Last edited by Monster-Robot (2010-12-01 2:43pm)

Offline

 

#75 2010-12-01 2:51pm

prolineII
Museum Addict
From: Queensland, Australia
Registered: 2007-09-20
Posts: 1261
Bikes: 4

Re: Pink Floyd fans go here

amazingly i haven't bought the wall on DVD yet. any idea when they first came out on DVD?

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →