hexxed wrote: I sent it USPS priority mail,

#51 2010-10-18 8:22am

markmc97225
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-05-29
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 2

Re: hexxed wrote: I sent it USPS priority mail,

As for how to solve, what do you want him to do? He can't do much. He shipped it...and can show he shipped it. But, I'm curious what you want done?

I shipped a set of wheels to Australia. I paid the extra $2 or something to insure them, but, fortunately, they did arrive. But, the $2 was for me, worth it.

Look at the museum's probably #1 seller, stevenbven, and how he handles it - something like "if you want insurance, it's on your nickel, otherwise, it's not my fault". And I know he ships with tracking, meaning he can show he mailed it.

Simply put, experience shows to discuss it up front, and to use it.

Whenever someone says, "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart," all I hear is, "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart."

#52 2010-10-18 8:25am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Signed up: 2008-07-16
Bikes: 2
Website

This is why I will NEVER ship outside the continental USA/Hawaii.

It really sucks when a seller has a "It not my problem" Attitude from the get go.
That just screams screw you from the beginning, even if the seller is reputable.
Sellers can be firm on their standards without having to sound so harsh.

It also sucks to get a negative when it's obvious that the package was sent!  roll

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#53 2010-10-18 8:27am

dirtybike
Signed up: 2008-06-24

Any time there has been an issue with customs I have received a letter from
them, and the tracking order also says where it is

#54 2010-10-18 8:33am

dirtybike

He got neg feed back for attitude , and the fact I never received what I paid for, and offered  no
assistance , I will never buy anything without insurance and maybe others can also learn from this,

#55 2010-10-18 8:37am

KenC
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2008-07-27
Bikes: 35

dirtybike wrote:

Lurker wrote:

dirtybike wrote:

It's a question and discussion and interseting to see what people think and would do, shit if I don't receive something on eBay I'd leave neg feedback to, well now u can understand and disregard my feedback I'm easy , I hope this thread shows some people how things can go . Three months is a long time I don't know where people are getting ten days from

Have you or have you not gone down to your local post office, you have not answered that.

I haven't been to post office lurker, I buy plenty of stuff from USA and the tracking number tells me where it is every step of the way, all this one says is processed Chicago sp I assume it never left USA as always the tracking orders are very detailed.

Sorry, I don't normally post on threads like this but I have to know.

How do you get tracking when there is no such thing as tracking to Australia from the USA unless you ship Express Mail or Global Express which would have cost you way more than the $85 you say you're out?

I'm looking for a clean 1975 Mongoose (long) frame, and a nice original finish Mongoose Two/Four

#56 2010-10-18 8:37am

rodgy
Intermediate
Signed up: 2009-08-18

dirtybike wrote:

I haven't been to post office lurker, I buy plenty of stuff from USA and the tracking number tells me where it is every step of the way, all this one says is processed Chicago sp I assume it never left USA as always the tracking orders are very detailed.

Anytime I have items sent to me using priority international they have also been tracked every step also, it looks like this has gone missing after it left Chicago.

Do you know if it was shipped flat-rate box or not yet, if it wasn't you might have some insurance included.

Check this out.

http://www.usps.com/international/intls … ces.htm#H2

#57 2010-10-18 8:38am

blue streak
Pro MemberAsks & Receives
Signed up: 2007-07-18
Bikes: 24
For Sale: 24

Leatherman wrote:

blue streak wrote:

Lurker wrote:

So its a differecnt sale?

YOU need to contact YOUR post office with the number....thats how it works with shipping from america, if it has REALLY been 3 months then he ALSO needs to walk his butt down the HIS post office and ask if they have a package down there as ONCE in a great while a lable will get torn and they wont have a return address to send it too but they DO have the info on which post office it was dropped off at.

Check the date on the link above it was 07/27/2010 I think the guy that said 10/7/27 writes his dates different than us since he is from BC.

lol

year/month/day

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad24 … nap1-7.gif

lol lol My bad I just figured it was a Canadian thing lol tongue

#58 2010-10-18 8:40am

rodgy
Intermediate

KenC wrote:

dirtybike wrote:

Lurker wrote:

Have you or have you not gone down to your local post office, you have not answered that.

How do you get tracking when there is no such thing as tracking to Australia from the USA unless you ship Express Mail or Global Express which would have cost you way more than the $85 you say you're out?

Online Tracking - Put our delivery information to work for you. Track PMI package shipments. Note: Tracking is not available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes.

http://www.usps.com/international/prior … tional.htm

#59 2010-10-18 8:42am

dirtybike

Everytime I have ordered anything from USA I received a tracking number, as i did with this transaction, I am not a postal expert.

#60 2010-10-18 8:46am

dirtybike

rodgy wrote:

dirtybike wrote:

Anytime I have items sent to me using priority international they have also been tracked every step also, it looks like this has gone missing after it left Chicago.

Do you know if it was shipped flat-rate box or not yet, if it wasn't you might have some insurance included.

Check this out.

http://www.usps.com/international/intls … ces.htm#H2

I don't know how it was shipped , I spose the seller would know? Thanks heaps for all
Help,

#61 2010-10-18 8:47am

brackett
AdminTuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Signed up: 2009-10-27
Bikes: 18
Website

I sent hexxed a link to this thread.

I never log off and I had to disable my screen saver because it was causing problems , making me have to restart my computer every time it kicked on. Please keep that in mind if you message me and I don't reply back right away. Thanks.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

#62 2010-10-18 8:51am

dirtybike

Thanks brackett hopefully he can chase it up at his end.

#63 2010-10-18 8:53am

jakester720
Pro Member1%er
Signed up: 2007-06-28

Um, just so you know...Chicago is THE Worst place for mail. There are stories of sacks of mail found burning in sewers.

Hope all works out.

The battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, water temperature is off the chart and I am running out of petrol...but the clock is correct.

"REJOICE, AS WE SHALL DEFEAT RACISM IN OUR LIFETIME" - Henry Rollins 1997

#64 2010-10-18 8:54am

badbill
Born Ruthless
Signed up: 2007-06-25
Bikes: 6
Website

hexxed might of filled out the customs form incorrectly or incompletely and they might have sent it back to him and now he doesn't want to pay more to send it again,i'm not certain but i've never had a problem sending anything to australia or new zealand so i think you seller's are doing something f'in wrong.
next time dirty the time limit on a paypal claim is 45 days so no matter who or where you buy anything from dont let it go past that time limit and you don't have tracking information you have a customs # which if it doesn't go past chicago then that is the problem. my hunch is that the form was wrong so they didn't process the package.i hope it works out.

#65 2010-10-18 9:06am

KenC
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2008-07-27
Bikes: 35

rodgy wrote:

KenC wrote:

dirtybike wrote:

Online Tracking - Put our delivery information to work for you. Track PMI package shipments. Note: Tracking is not available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes.

http://www.usps.com/international/prior … tional.htm

It says it's not available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes but let me see you try to ad it as an option on standard Priority packages. It may be an option to some countries but NOT all of them and Australia is one of the ones that you can't track.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/MailServices.asp … &o=1&mt=12

I have shipped numerous frames parts etc. to Australia and tracking was not available unless I bumped up to Express or Global Express. There is however some insurance that is included and it should have covered the $85

This is exactly why a lot of forum members and greedbay sellers won't ship over sea's, the USPS web site is not 100% accurate and there are certain guidelines that the USPS has that make it imposable for USA seller to take chances with, especially when most over sea's buyers want you to lie on customs forms and not want to pay for insurance, which are two things I won't do. I'll ship to them but the customs form will be truthful and the buyer will pay for shipping or I won't ship to them.

I'm looking for a clean 1975 Mongoose (long) frame, and a nice original finish Mongoose Two/Four

#66 2010-10-18 9:36am

Kid718
Bill Effin' Murray
Signed up: 2009-11-16
Website

Seems like the OP's only real issue is with the "not my problem" reply.  It is a crappy thing to say to a buyer.  Even if there isn't much hexxed could do, it would have at least been decent to say: "I'll check the PO on my side to see what's up."

But like many have said, this is why I do not ship beyond the 50 states, and Canada.

Looking for 85-87 Pro performer or Performer survivor project.

#67 2010-10-18 9:46am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Signed up: 2008-07-16
Website

Kid718 wrote:

Seems like the OP's only real issue is with the "not my problem" reply.  It is a crappy thing to say to a buyer.  Even if there isn't much hexxed could do, it would have at least been decent to say: "I'll check the PO on my side to see what's up."

But like many have said, this is why I do not ship beyond the 50 states, and Canada.

Yup, that's what I'm saying.

Have a heart you "mean tone" sellers    lol tongue

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#68 2010-10-18 9:50am

badbill
Born Ruthless
Signed up: 2007-06-25
Bikes: 6
Website

i think the problem is with this "letter" thing.if it was marked as a letter and its a package that will cause some problems.

#69 2010-10-18 10:50am

rodgy
Intermediate

KenC wrote:

This is exactly why a lot of forum members and greedbay sellers won't ship over sea's, the USPS web site is not 100% accurate and there are certain guidelines that the USPS has that make it imposable for USA seller to take chances with, especially when most over sea's buyers want you to lie on customs forms and not want to pay for insurance, which are two things I won't do. I'll ship to them but the customs form will be truthful and the buyer will pay for shipping or I won't ship to them.

I can understand your reluctance to ship overseas if the buyer doesn't want to take insurance but I'm totally baffled by your reluctance to help a bro out with the customs form?

#70 2010-10-18 12:05pm

hexxed
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-09-06
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 15
Website

I tried finding info on it before and it searched offline files. And this is all it tells me
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSIntern … 47424202US

I called customer service today and she told me there is no way of tracking due to it was sent flat rate envelope. She filed a case for me just moments ago and someones supposed to call me within 48 hours in regards to the case.

And Dirty? Is your name Stephen or Joseph?

Last edited by hexxed (2010-10-18 12:07pm)

[img]https://bmxmuseum.com/image/hexxed5ede7bfc2ce70_lg.jpg[/img]

#71 2010-10-18 12:10pm

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
Signed up: 2007-04-30
Bikes: 7

Lurker wrote:

Leatherman wrote:

brackett wrote:

What day did you purchase the stem?

10/7/27

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=243857

so it could have shipped the 8th or the even 11th or so......WTF its going overseas dude, remind me to never sell to this guy!!!!  hmm

Amen, I guarantee that his attitude on this thread, will cost him a lot more than 85 bucks in the long run....

I love dead people....

#72 2010-10-18 12:11pm

Godzilla
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2009-10-17

hexxed wrote:

I believe it is Sanchez

"Everybody has an emergency between the paypal transaction and the post office." - TentLover

#73 2010-10-18 12:29pm

Kid718
Bill Effin' Murray
Signed up: 2009-11-16
Website

Godzilla wrote:

hexxed wrote:

I believe it is Sanchez

lol lol

Looking for 85-87 Pro performer or Performer survivor project.

#74 2010-10-18 12:39pm

RusT808
Hawaiian Built
Signed up: 2009-01-16

stonie wrote:

This is why I will NEVER ship outside the continental USA/Hawaii.

It really sucks when a seller has a "It not my problem" Attitude from the get go.
That just screams screw you from the beginning, even if the seller is reputable.
Sellers can be firm on their standards without having to sound so harsh.

It also sucks to get a negative when it's obvious that the package was sent!  roll

Bless you for recognizing Hawaii as part of the US. Almost everyone tries to jack me with overseas shipping cost. smile

SHOOTS, BRAH!!

#75 2010-10-18 12:50pm

Ralph Wiggum
Pro Memberchillywilly263 1%er
Signed up: 2006-11-11
Bikes: 15
For Sale: 1

rodgy wrote:

KenC wrote:

I can understand your reluctance to ship overseas if the buyer doesn't want to take insurance but I'm totally baffled by your reluctance to help a bro out with the customs form?

It's a federal offense. I don't care who you are. I'm not risking a felony to save you on import duties.

Everybody wants a rock to wind a piece of string around

Board footer