You are not logged in.

1991 Homeless Soul Bro  RSS Feed

#1 2010-10-11 4:07pm

firebird4130
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 1

1991 Homeless Soul Bro

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/sb4_copy0.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/sb2_copy0.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/sb6_copy0.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/sb7.jpg

1991 Homeless Soul Bro

This frame has the earlier 5/8" rear stays, and solid dropout/coaster mount

This is my third homeless soul bro frame, my other two I had in the 90's both bought from flatlanders though I had mine set up for street/dirt . This one came from craig (woody allen bars) I believe he got it from a flatland rider in Germany, It was originally chrome, had been cracked behind the framestand and the forks had peg bosses drilled in the legs and the fork end caps cut off, this has all now been sorted.
Colourwise I went for this purple based on rubens bike as there's not much choice out there when it comes to the soul bro apparently.I have set this bike up on a bit of a budget and may upgrade some parts in time........

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

#2 2010-10-11 9:19pm

DKGOBBLER1
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 1

Re: 1991 Homeless Soul Bro

VERY, Very, Cool build,  Love the early Homeless stuff,
Clowns full of hate, and trash,  still some of my favorite  vids.
  smile  NUMERO   UNO !!! UNO,,,,UNO,,,UNO...

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.....

#3 2010-10-11 9:56pm

adamdawson
Pro MemberHoffman Overlord

WOW! thats flapin awesome! cool instant fav for sure, very nicely done.

^^i just watched clowns full of hate the other day, great vids for sure

#4 2010-10-12 1:54am

woody allen bars
Bikes: 4

YEAHHH Fraz, you've done it justice mate cool  Glad I sold it to you as it would have sat in storage for another five years.

Looks real soulful, ready for Lee Sultimier to rip on it with that Tuff front wheel.

All you need now is a Mack and you're sorted . . . wink

~ Craig

#5 2010-10-13 8:50am

firebird4130
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 1

Thanks guys, really glad you like it smile coincidently Craig was going to do it this colour too, so this frame was fated to be purple.

#6 2010-11-04 6:42pm

Twisted Jester
Museum Newbie

Very nice, I have one hiding in my shed.

It's just been moved around and not ridden for probably more than 10 years as I couldn't bear to part with it after everything I went through to get it.

Had big arguments with my parents at 16 when I wanted this frame, the shop were happy to take postdated cheques to pay it off over 4 months but my parents were having none of it and so my cousin who already had one sorted it for me but my parents were fuming about it, a couple of years later it got stolen, and a new car licence opening up new horizons meant I never really replaced it.

4 years later I randomly jumped on a cheap old thing I bought to play around on a bit and bumped into some old friends at one of the local riding spots, turns out one of them had been looking for me, he'd found my bike, I couldn't believe it, I had cried like a baby when it got nicked, I'd spent over £600 building it up bit by bit which was huge at the time so I was ecstatic to find out he'd found it.

It turned out a skateboarders cousin (female) had bought it and never used it and so he had it from her to mess around with on his half pipe in his garden but barely used it, I described it in every detail and he spoke to his parents and they came and dropped it off at my flat and everything, they wouldn't even hear of taking any goodwill cash and it was virtually as i left it bar a peg missing.

They recently built some dirt jumps in my area and it got me thinking about breaking out the old bike and trying to remember how to ride again.

From memory It's got peregrine HP wheels, tioga sealed bearings in the bottom bracket and head tube, DK Headset, haro kneesavers, odyssey gyro, odyssey disc, a red alloy renthal lay back seatpost which was hard to find even then, can't remember the seat but it's blue and has two finger grooves at the front, I think it's got mongoose pedals and a basic one piece crank but iirc one of the pedals is bent and maybe the cranks too, I used to have redline flight cranks and some tuff IIs on it at one point but I snapped the flight cranks and the tuff IIs cracked at some point too.  MY cousin the cheeky git, told me the cranks were ruined and then had them welded up and used on his own bike.

#7 2010-11-04 8:49pm

DKGOBBLER1
Pro Member

neutral

#8 2010-11-06 5:40pm

heathcliff
Expert
Bikes: 6

super cool... i want a soul bro sooooo bad.
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/heathcliff81/RubenSoulBro.jpg

WTB:
HOMELESS SOUL BRO FRAMESET
HOMELESS PLAYER FRAMESET

#9 2010-11-07 1:04pm

DKGOBBLER1
Pro Member

How  Bad ????   tongue

#10 2010-11-07 1:50pm

heathcliff
Expert
Bikes: 6

DKGOBBLER1 wrote:

How  Bad ????   tongue

i'm a very motivated buyer big_smile  if anyone wants to sell one of their soul bro's in the near future, please pm me.  i will make it happen.

sorry to theadjack firebird... awesome build, just awesome big_smile

WTB:
HOMELESS SOUL BRO FRAMESET
HOMELESS PLAYER FRAMESET

#11 2010-11-07 5:08pm

84master
The Banquet Boss
Bikes: 97

sick bike bro...I always wanted one of these

Urban Cycles/Madrone Components

#12 2011-04-26 7:03pm

Darkwhip

pmd on sale

#13 2014-01-17 6:06am

quick2
Pro MemberPaul thinks he's Schwinning but I already Schwonn
Bikes: 24
For Sale: 10

I LOVE this bike!  I was fortunate enough to just pick one up....mine is chrome, but I almost wish it needed paint so I could paint it purple or tan.
I hope mine is half as cool as yours when it's done smile

I hope you have a big trunk.....because I'm puttin' my bike in it!   -Andy Stitzer
Remember....if everyone came to a bike show without a bike, it would just be a bunch of dudes standing around in a park...and that's just creepy!  If you've got one, bring one.  -Me
If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now..  -Master Shifu

Board footer

View Cart →