You are not logged in.

If GT were to make repopped parts....

#126 2014-03-13 7:59pm

Oldschoolgoods
Pro MemberBmxRider420
Signed up: 2012-03-26
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 5

Re: If GT were to make repopped parts....

Jeno007 wrote:

BmxRider420 wrote:

If you can't afford OG GT stuff the vintage end of this hobby is not for you. That's all I'm saying. There's no need to repop common stuff.

Nope never been on eBay roll And this site has no auctions hmm
Ex : Profile Retros Retail $329
       Real Profile 3rd gens $350-400
       Pretty close there.

Ex : CW Phaze 1 Retro Retail $1100
        CW Phaze 1 OG $799 (last sold on eBay)
         Retro= more money so no saving here.

Pure and simple retro ruin OG stuff. Ever see fake 2nd gen profile cranks. Or repop Tuf necks. Buy some of this got big money and see if you still feel the same.

But what do I know tongue

BTW I do collect what I like and dont care about value. That's why I only collect OG bikes and pre 72 Chevys. I dont care what others like or where they waste there money. I'll waste mine on true history.

I appreciate the OG stuff, hell if I didn't I wouldn't be dumping fhousands into collecting it. But, I for one would love to see GT bring back some of the parts and frames that we all love. And seriously, if you're taking OG GT and what not, wearable items that haven't been manufactured in 20+ years and seriously riding on them (wearing them out), you aren't doing anything but killing one more collectible. I cringe at the thought of thrashing on a set of 200 to 1000 buck tires or grips or bars or pedals or cranks, and not because I can't afford them, because I can. But I feel it to be (no offense to anyone but it's how I feel) a practice in idiocy to ruin a peice of surviving history. I'd love to see reissue wearables, and updated favorites like 1 1/8" mallets, PFT and D1 frame sets, Power Series and Show cranks (hollow tech update) and pedals.

If you like retros that's fine. But IMO if this new stuff is so great. The companies need to use new ideas and leave our old obslete junk ideas in the past. As most New/Retro buyers think old stuff is junk and fragile why would you want to reproduce the old weak parts roll  tongue

If I miss your PM or you are responding to a WTB please text me at 716-545-5499. I usually won’t answer unknown numbers with out a text first.
$$$$Always looking for 1995-2000 GT Speed Series parts and bikes$$$$

#127 2014-03-14 9:42am

DemonGT
Pro MemberDay-Glo Dynamo
Signed up: 2006-08-08
Bikes: 37

Burning River wrote:

Yeah and you cannot buy them or the Retro padset from GT . One of the LBS I frequent is a GT Dealer and he says it is near impossible to get either without buying the complete bike . It would be nice to be able to buy both , let alone those Power Series . cool

a gt seller on the museum is selling the cranks by themselves.

WTB: [b]1992 Yellow splatter GT Performer, 1992/1994 PFTs

#128 2014-03-14 9:53am

djd93306
Vet Pro
Signed up: 2007-11-25
Bikes: 34

Never2old2ride wrote:

AA Pro tires,
Megabite tires,
and of course the "GT" tread tires with the wing logos.
all with the option of black or gum wall. also colors,
wing logo seats
Padded dropnose seats.
power series cranks
Piston stems
and superlace hubs, high flange, and low
mowhawk hubs
overdrive sprockets

That stuff is already available easy to find and hard to improve on. Unless you are talkin about SR Power Series. Those were already redone by Primo. There are tons of Profile Power Series Cranks out there. And widely considered some of the best cranks made. So why repop Profile??

Can you ever really have enough GT's?

#129 2014-03-14 9:55am

djd93306
Vet Pro
Signed up: 2007-11-25
Bikes: 34

And GT did already repop the Mallet Stem.
It was a huge failure..

Can you ever really have enough GT's?

#130 2014-03-14 10:09am

Jeno007
Defender of The Universe
Signed up: 2012-09-28
Bikes: 13

djd93306 wrote:

Never2old2ride wrote:

AA Pro tires,
Megabite tires,
wing logo seats
Padded dropnose seats.
power series cranks
Piston stems
mowhawk hubs
overdrive sprockets

That stuff is already available easy to find and hard to improve on. Unless you are talkin about SR Power Series. Those were already redone by Primo. There are tons of Profile Power Series Cranks out there. And widely considered some of the best cranks made. So why repop Profile??

Please show me the where all the available AA Pro skinwalls and GT tread race and freestyle tires are that are new and not crusty. I'll gladly show you the bottom of my wallet. tongue

Anything is negotiable.

#131 2014-03-14 10:30am

Burning River
BMXer 4 Life
Signed up: 2010-11-27

DemonGT wrote:

Burning River wrote:

Yeah and you cannot buy them or the Retro padset from GT . One of the LBS I frequent is a GT Dealer and he says it is near impossible to get either without buying the complete bike . It would be nice to be able to buy both , let alone those Power Series . cool

a gt seller on the museum is selling the cranks by themselves.

Yeah I saw those . No disrespect to him...but the 2012 GT Performer 26 I'm riding cost 3/4 of what he's asking for them . lol

" Some may never live, but the crazy never die. "

~ Hunter S. Thompson 

#132 2021-10-01 2:18pm

Fu3l3r
Pro Member
Signed up: 2019-06-08
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 1

Jeno007 wrote:

djd93306 wrote:

Never2old2ride wrote:

AA Pro tires,
Megabite tires,
wing logo seats
Padded dropnose seats.
power series cranks
Piston stems
mowhawk hubs
overdrive sprockets

Please show me the where all the available AA Pro skinwalls and GT tread race and freestyle tires are that are new and not crusty. I'll gladly show you the bottom of my wallet. tongue

I too have been waiting πŸ˜‚

#133 2021-10-01 4:01pm

Mario2times
Pro Member
Signed up: 2020-01-03
For Sale: 1

GT is lagging mad

If it ain't done twice its not done right

Board footer