You are not logged in.

How bout a Bully sheet post

#26 2010-09-13 2:45pm

chromey
Pro MemberObi-Wan Chromey
From: Philadelphia, PA
Signed up: 2007-07-19
Posts: 11527
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

I never get tired of seeing that Olive in front Raul smile


— — — — —
"every move is like a lightning..."

Offline

 

#27 2010-09-13 3:38pm

4130_nasa
Centurion Member
From: Houston, TX
Signed up: 2008-07-08
Posts: 179
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

Here are a few RL inspired bikes I have:

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab267/4130_nasa/bmx%20parts/DSC01206.jpg


I come here to look at bikes...

Offline

 

#28 2010-09-13 3:49pm

dedmann
"is Air-Cooled"
From: the Zone
Signed up: 2010-03-30
Posts: 4926
Bikes: 10
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

more! more! more! c'mon....... smile
i love the 90's stuff. i thought bully was huge bitd. yikes  their bars & forks are swell! cool

Last edited by dedmann (2010-09-13 3:52pm)


PLEASE RESPECT CHAT OR I"LL BOOT YA WITH A WARNING!
varokaa tyhmät ympärilläsi - tai tullut yksi[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/meditationf.gif[/img]
"There are very few accomplishments of any value that can be gained without practice, and that which takes the least time to learn is usually the least valuable when learned."                               -The Eagle Bicycle Co. catalog 1890-
                                          ? WANTED: S&M IronMan sprocket flawless or nos ?

Offline

 

#29 2010-09-13 6:20pm

4130_nasa
Centurion Member
From: Houston, TX
Signed up: 2008-07-08
Posts: 179
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

Dominguez, Lookdown. Bully Bashguard with 990's. RL tabbed handlebars, Uncapped forks, Early Prototype. 

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab267/4130_nasa/BMX%20reference/Dominguez.jpg


I come here to look at bikes...

Offline

 

#30 2010-09-13 7:39pm

chromey
Pro MemberObi-Wan Chromey
From: Philadelphia, PA
Signed up: 2007-07-19
Posts: 11527
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

4130_nasa wrote:

Dominguez, Lookdown. Bully Bashguard with 990's. RL tabbed handlebars, Uncapped forks, Early Prototype. 

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab26 … inguez.jpg

One of my absolute favorite pics of Mike D.
smile

I love the early Bully with those Redline bars and forks.
You can So tell RL started the designs based on his Redlines.


— — — — —
"every move is like a lightning..."

Offline

 

#31 2010-09-13 9:11pm

holmeswake
Member
From: Nisswa, MN
Signed up: 2009-10-08
Posts: 91
Bikes: 4
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

Here is a pic of me riding mine BITD
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/954interactive/bully_ramp_1.jpg

And my Current Bullys. One from BITD and one from Ebay.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/954interactive/DSCN2602.jpg


WANT TO BUY
Bully Fork 89-91 Chrome, Bully Stem, Bully Old School Handle Bars, Bully Chainwheel from 89-91
Haro Kneesaver Bars from 1989-91, Haro FST from 1987-88, Schwinn Thrasher 1984

Offline

 

#32 2010-09-13 9:13pm

holmeswake
Member
From: Nisswa, MN
Signed up: 2009-10-08
Posts: 91
Bikes: 4
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

Oh and ... Original Decal sent to me by Marc Mckee a few months back.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/954interactive/bully_decal.jpg


WANT TO BUY
Bully Fork 89-91 Chrome, Bully Stem, Bully Old School Handle Bars, Bully Chainwheel from 89-91
Haro Kneesaver Bars from 1989-91, Haro FST from 1987-88, Schwinn Thrasher 1984

Offline

 

#33 2010-09-13 11:18pm

dedmann
"is Air-Cooled"
From: the Zone
Signed up: 2010-03-30
Posts: 4926
Bikes: 10
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

i always loved their stickers, ads, marketing. cool
their stuff looks like something you would see on a shirt today!


PLEASE RESPECT CHAT OR I"LL BOOT YA WITH A WARNING!
varokaa tyhmät ympärilläsi - tai tullut yksi[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/meditationf.gif[/img]
"There are very few accomplishments of any value that can be gained without practice, and that which takes the least time to learn is usually the least valuable when learned."                               -The Eagle Bicycle Co. catalog 1890-
                                          ? WANTED: S&M IronMan sprocket flawless or nos ?

Offline

 

#34 2010-09-14 12:28am

polanco
Pro Member
From: Santo Domingo, DR
Signed up: 2007-02-08
Posts: 5614
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

yeah, their merchandise was hot, I remember seeing a shirt on a fashion mag back in 91, I think it was called sassy. the colors, graphics etc, ruled...the bikes' overall qual, though, are one of the reasons there are not that many around.the bars did rock, though.the dominguez proto with the 990 looks much cooler...I wonder whatever made manufactures drop 990s for a few years,making all of us use 87-88 frames well into the 90s...I think it might have to do with most users(kids) having no back brakes ever, lol...(I can't count the stiff-fingered bikes I used to run across back then, the lost 990 shoes, the ...forget it,lol...). and yes bully slowride rules!

Offline

 

#35 2010-09-18 6:48pm

axel
Museum Addict
From: Milwaukee, WI
Signed up: 2007-02-07
Posts: 1107
Bikes: 13
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

LEARY_TURBO wrote:

Not sure how to make the pic larger,,,i will try again ! Its a kool bike ! But dont be a bully !!! lolhttp://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh26 … /bully.jpg

That is a sweet bike good to see it agian . You lucky dog !!
all you have to do is change you setting on your camera picture size and retake the shot to make it bigger

Wow nice Thanks for joining in on the fun smile


HardGuy Statement # 1  Just SMASH it !!
If that does not work SMASH it again !!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." ~Bob Marle

Offline

 

#36 2010-09-25 2:08am

axel
Museum Addict
From: Milwaukee, WI
Signed up: 2007-02-07
Posts: 1107
Bikes: 13
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

holmeswake wrote:

Here is a pic of me riding mine BITD
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/ … ramp_1.jpg

And my Current Bullys. One from BITD and one from Ebay.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/ … CN2602.jpg

Aw Man I love action shots freakin cool man .


HardGuy Statement # 1  Just SMASH it !!
If that does not work SMASH it again !!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." ~Bob Marle

Offline

 

#37 2010-09-26 1:53am

freshmans
Museum Addict
From: Somewhere on planet earth
Signed up: 2007-05-11
Posts: 1090
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

My small contribution wink

Not mine unfortunately sad

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/120/dsc05291dt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


And from a French BMX Mag:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7189/47999357.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/6134/46552343.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5806/91212888.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Looking for:
90 Haro Sport frameset (or frame only)
NOS Haro Sport black and blue/black decal sets
NOS or mint 175 drive side Peregrine 1st gen crank arm
Revcore freestyle stem
White Haro HPM tires
...

Offline

 

#38 2010-09-26 6:31am

axel
Museum Addict
From: Milwaukee, WI
Signed up: 2007-02-07
Posts: 1107
Bikes: 13
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post


HardGuy Statement # 1  Just SMASH it !!
If that does not work SMASH it again !!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." ~Bob Marle

Offline

 

#39 2010-10-09 7:07am

freshmans
Museum Addict
From: Somewhere on planet earth
Signed up: 2007-05-11
Posts: 1090
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

Here is my NOS Bully bashguard (and yes, it is NOS):


scroll down to see it big_smile







































http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8514/img4615g.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lollollol

Last edited by freshmans (2010-10-09 7:10am)


Looking for:
90 Haro Sport frameset (or frame only)
NOS Haro Sport black and blue/black decal sets
NOS or mint 175 drive side Peregrine 1st gen crank arm
Revcore freestyle stem
White Haro HPM tires
...

Offline

 

#40 2010-10-09 12:27pm

4130_nasa
Centurion Member
From: Houston, TX
Signed up: 2008-07-08
Posts: 179
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

I'll raise your one NOS Bully bashguard, with...






Two!







plus a set of Bully pegs...









http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab267/4130_nasa/IMG_7358.jpg


I come here to look at bikes...

Offline

 

#41 2010-10-09 11:52pm

freshmans
Museum Addict
From: Somewhere on planet earth
Signed up: 2007-05-11
Posts: 1090
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

4130_nasa wrote:

I'll raise your one NOS Bully bashguard, with...

Two!


plus a set of Bully pegs...

Nice cool

And you beat me lol


I didn't know they made plastic pegs??


Laurent


Looking for:
90 Haro Sport frameset (or frame only)
NOS Haro Sport black and blue/black decal sets
NOS or mint 175 drive side Peregrine 1st gen crank arm
Revcore freestyle stem
White Haro HPM tires
...

Offline

 

#42 2010-10-10 12:08am

StillRidin'
Museum Addict
From: Northern, KY
Signed up: 2008-09-08
Posts: 1308
Bikes: 26
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

Man! I love Bullys! I want one so bad I can't stand it. Maybe one day... tongue


Ex-girlfriend: "I wish your eyes lit up when you look at me, like they do when you look at that bike."
  TRUE STORY

[img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n285/celticheat10/ga-inv-2010_05.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#43 2010-10-10 5:53am

axel
Museum Addict
From: Milwaukee, WI
Signed up: 2007-02-07
Posts: 1107
Bikes: 13
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

4130_nasa wrote:

I'll raise your one NOS Bully bashguard, with...






Two!







plus a set of Bully pegs...









http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab26 … G_7358.jpg

Wow , Could you post a few better pic of the pegs? what era are thoes?


HardGuy Statement # 1  Just SMASH it !!
If that does not work SMASH it again !!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." ~Bob Marle

Offline

 

#44 2010-10-10 8:54am

Immortis
Museum Addict
From: Gulfcoast, TX
Signed up: 2009-01-17
Posts: 2767
Bikes: 4
Website
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

axel wrote:

4130_nasa wrote:

I'll raise your one NOS Bully bashguard, with...






Two!







plus a set of Bully pegs...









http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab26 … G_7358.jpg

Wow , Could you post a few better pic of the pegs? what era are thoes?

I put my set into the museum under the peg listing a long time ago.
I'm not sure what era they came out of... but they were part of my purchase, so they were pre-1995.


Dig out your bashguard bikes and let me know! I'm looking for a '91 Mongoose Hooligan, Dyno Slammer 2, '95 Haro Basher, . I'll consider the others too for the right price!

Offline

 

#45 2010-10-11 2:00pm

raul
Expert
From: NM desert
Signed up: 2006-10-27
Posts: 589
Bikes: 4
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/elcidd/Bully%20Bikes/blly_pegs_1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/elcidd/Bully%20Bikes/blly_pegs_2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/elcidd/Bully%20Bikes/blly_pegs_4.jpg

Offline

 

#46 2010-10-18 8:38am

monicampuzo
Pro Member
From: El Paso, TX
Signed up: 2010-04-15
Posts: 226
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

I LUV THIS POSTS MAN...!!! BULLY'S #1 cool cool cool

Offline

 

#47 2010-10-18 8:58am

freshmans
Museum Addict
From: Somewhere on planet earth
Signed up: 2007-05-11
Posts: 1090
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

Keep posting pics of all your Bully stuff, I love it big_smile



Laurent


Looking for:
90 Haro Sport frameset (or frame only)
NOS Haro Sport black and blue/black decal sets
NOS or mint 175 drive side Peregrine 1st gen crank arm
Revcore freestyle stem
White Haro HPM tires
...

Offline

 

#48 2010-10-18 9:36am

Mr. Fit
formerly known as "sh1tfit"
From: southeastern, VA
Signed up: 2007-06-14
Posts: 1298
Bikes: 2
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

"I thought that Bully with RL was going to be the beginning of that, people putting faith in street, but RL still had that eighties mentality. He had a little bit of vision but not enough for me. He sent me a letter at the time explaining to me what kind of T-shirt I needed to wear and what color of pants I needed to wear for a photo shoot and I would go to a contest and he hands me a pack of clothes and tells me to put it on and I was not down with that. We were doing that video, the Bully Slowride video which is the "greatest" video ever made and I spray painted my Bully mat black and I put DirtBros stickers on it and RL showed up at the trails and he looked at it and said: "What did you do to the bike?" and I was all: "It's DirtBros, it's cool!" He was all mad and I was all;"It's hardcore, it's cool". His bikes were always shiny and had neato stickers on it so he was all angry seeing the mat black bike. It was the straw that broke the camel's back seeing his true motivations for marketing. It's not bad to use people for marketing because that's what sponsorships are all about but he had a different vision of what I thought the direction would be where bike riding was going. "

This is why bully did not last.


Steel is Real!

Offline

 

#49 2010-10-18 10:59am

freshmans
Museum Addict
From: Somewhere on planet earth
Signed up: 2007-05-11
Posts: 1090
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

Mr. Fit wrote:

"I thought that Bully with RL was going to be the beginning of that, people putting faith in street, but RL still had that eighties mentality. He had a little bit of vision but not enough for me. He sent me a letter at the time explaining to me what kind of T-shirt I needed to wear and what color of pants I needed to wear for a photo shoot and I would go to a contest and he hands me a pack of clothes and tells me to put it on and I was not down with that. We were doing that video, the Bully Slowride video which is the "greatest" video ever made and I spray painted my Bully mat black and I put DirtBros stickers on it and RL showed up at the trails and he looked at it and said: "What did you do to the bike?" and I was all: "It's DirtBros, it's cool!" He was all mad and I was all;"It's hardcore, it's cool". His bikes were always shiny and had neato stickers on it so he was all angry seeing the mat black bike. It was the straw that broke the camel's back seeing his true motivations for marketing. It's not bad to use people for marketing because that's what sponsorships are all about but he had a different vision of what I thought the direction would be where bike riding was going. "

This is why bully did not last.

Who told that story?  Just curious smile

Bully was all about marketing, amazing design but poor quality sad


Laurent


Looking for:
90 Haro Sport frameset (or frame only)
NOS Haro Sport black and blue/black decal sets
NOS or mint 175 drive side Peregrine 1st gen crank arm
Revcore freestyle stem
White Haro HPM tires
...

Offline

 

#50 2010-10-18 11:10am

Jon1971
"100 Flavors of Fun"...
From: Philly-ish
Signed up: 2010-07-25
Posts: 2988
Bikes: 5
Website
Offline

Re: How bout a Bully sheet post

freshmans wrote:

Mr. Fit wrote:

"I thought that Bully with RL was going to be the beginning of that, people putting faith in street, but RL still had that eighties mentality. He had a little bit of vision but not enough for me. He sent me a letter at the time explaining to me what kind of T-shirt I needed to wear and what color of pants I needed to wear for a photo shoot and I would go to a contest and he hands me a pack of clothes and tells me to put it on and I was not down with that. We were doing that video, the Bully Slowride video which is the "greatest" video ever made and I spray painted my Bully mat black and I put DirtBros stickers on it and RL showed up at the trails and he looked at it and said: "What did you do to the bike?" and I was all: "It's DirtBros, it's cool!" He was all mad and I was all;"It's hardcore, it's cool". His bikes were always shiny and had neato stickers on it so he was all angry seeing the mat black bike. It was the straw that broke the camel's back seeing his true motivations for marketing. It's not bad to use people for marketing because that's what sponsorships are all about but he had a different vision of what I thought the direction would be where bike riding was going. "

This is why bully did not last.

Who told that story?  Just curious smile

Bully was all about marketing, amazing design but poor quality sad


Laurent

Vic Murphy: http://www.23mag.com/gens/murphy.htm


Do I owe you feedback? Please remind me via PM and I'll take care of it.

Offline

 

Board footer