You are not logged in.

New Zealand  RSS Feed

#51 2007-05-15 2:46pm

linwoodcycles
Banned
Bikes: 11
Website

Re: New Zealand

We can get coloured tyres here but have to buy 50 of each colour....They are also looking into bringing in some coloured chains..I've asked for red, blue, pink.. being KMC410 chains.

Please check out my bikes in my profile..I'd like to know more about my redline

#52 2007-05-30 2:07am

Soundzgood
Centurion Member
Bikes: 10

X 130R wrote:

I am just starting on this restoration of a 1981 Supermax..

Its exactly like the first BMX I ever rode, my best friends back in 1981.. I like to think it could be the exact same bike

Its been repainted at some stage, & the decals are not in the right place..

Anyone have a set of Supermax decals >?.. or know who can reproduce ?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j171/ … C02965.jpg

My mate stumbled on a set..not sure if supermax I or II.Either way , I will be making some high res scans of the stickers sometime soon. I'll post a pic when its done.I could send you the file on a CD if you want to have stickers made.

#53 2007-05-30 2:11am

Soundzgood
Centurion Member

The 26" supersport is nearly finished.Changed to a 40T chainring since . Not sure about the grip's yet.I have a red set of Ame's in case.Not sure about the bars either at this stage.Took off the redline flight cranks for another project as I had NOS Takagi red cranks that needed to be used on something.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/DSC01089.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/DSC01091.jpg

Last edited by Soundzgood (2007-05-30 2:14am)

#54 2007-05-30 2:20am

Soundzgood
Centurion Member

lol.......my forgotton bike.....the Hi-Max that thinks it's a HMX-600.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/Hi-Max02.jpg

#55 2007-06-01 10:32pm

TJ Clark
Centurion Member
Bikes: 8

sweet mate smile

If you think the things I say out loud are bad, you should hear the things I keep to myself.

#56 2007-06-02 9:27pm

X 130R
Centurion Member
Bikes: 6

Soundzgood wrote:

X 130R wrote:

I am just starting on this restoration of a 1981 Supermax..

Its exactly like the first BMX I ever rode, my best friends back in 1981.. I like to think it could be the exact same bike

Its been repainted at some stage, & the decals are not in the right place..

Anyone have a set of Supermax decals >?.. or know who can reproduce ?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j171/ … C02965.jpg

My mate stumbled on a set..not sure if supermax I or II.Either way , I will be making some high res scans of the stickers sometime soon. I'll post a pic when its done.I could send you the file on a CD if you want to have stickers made.

Yea that would be awesome !..
Thanks heaps

#57 2007-06-08 10:36pm

Soundzgood
Centurion Member

Stumbled on this bad boy................24" Pantha Assassin Cruiser.......Grrrrrrrrr.....
Its got a cool  "Pantha Racing" engraved seat clamp.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/PanthaAssassin.jpg

#58 2007-06-10 6:33pm

TJ Clark
Centurion Member

I am currently having HMX-500 and HMX-600 decals printed!! They will not be black or white writing on clear plastic background like the originals, instead they will be individual computer cut lettering out of high quality non-skuff vinyl. Although not completely original they will be better wearing and to be honest WHO CAN TELL? smile
The original decals mark and scratch easy leaving horrible finishes on your bike, whereas these will be 'tough vinyl letters only' which wont mark or lift making your frame look crap. Im getting sets for my own bikes and will also be getting some spare sets of both HMX-500 and HMX-600 if anybody is interested. They will be far cheaper than what is currently being offered on trademe.co.nz

My sets will include seat tube 'HEALING', top tube 'HMX 500-600', and down tube 'HEALING' with the 3 stripes at each end. Its costing me a fortune just to get these decals set up on computer so I want to sell some sets to cover some of my set up cost.

In the future i may also get prints of original silver Healing head-tube stickers and of the TANGE TX-1200 CHAMPION fork decal and maybe even the WARNING sticker which was found next to the seat post bolt.

If any of you 'Old Schoolers' with HMXs are interested flick me an email

tj-nz@lycos.com

or call me at work 03 313 5298

Cheers
Tony

Last edited by TJ Clark (2007-06-10 8:07pm)

If you think the things I say out loud are bad, you should hear the things I keep to myself.

#59 2007-06-11 1:26am

surfer29

Hi TJ I am keeping my beautiful supermax 2 dont know what I was thinking putting it on trade me, just to pay off visa, lol.  Anyhow does anyone from NZ know how I can get new supermax 2 decals in blue done again?  Need the Healing sticker - downtube supermax 2 sticker and the Tange fork sticker, anyhow please reply if you do.
Thanks and ride on
KATE

a new zealander addicted to bmx

#60 2007-06-11 2:41am

Soundzgood
Centurion Member

Hey Guys / Girls ,

I'm in the process of compiling a collection of high res scans of any nos decal sets I come across.
At least then there's a good scan to get jiggy with on the puter to tidy up a bit / change colours or have remade from the scan image as it is.

When they are gone , they are gone forever and I'd hate to stuff up placing the last sticker set on earth crooked or something

Have so far :

HMX-500 (both old style and newer checkered style)
Hi-Max
Supermax
Hutch
Kuwahara

I'll let you know when its done and i can send you a disc or something.......no biggie

Also have Santa Ana G.T and Mongoose/supergoose but the shiny prism/silver may be an issue to scan/reproduce.
Also attempting to make some pantha stickers from high res phots's I have off another bike , but this will take ages to clean up each pixel....still , no hurry........just got to fit it in around my real life.

Last edited by Soundzgood (2007-06-11 2:42am)

#61 2007-06-11 3:41am

TJ Clark
Centurion Member

surfer29 wrote:

Hi TJ I am keeping my beautiful supermax 2 dont know what I was thinking putting it on trade me, just to pay off visa, lol.  Anyhow does anyone from NZ know how I can get new supermax 2 decals in blue done again?  Need the Healing sticker - downtube supermax 2 sticker and the Tange fork sticker, anyhow please reply if you do.
Thanks and ride on
KATE

If you took your bike to a good sign writer they may be able to help. They will need your bike for afew days to copy your old stickers and put them onto  computer. It is quite labour intensive so it isnt very cheap but if you are really keen its worth it as the reprints are really cool! And you could do what im doing and get a few extra printed to sell and get some of your costs back. Im sure they would sell as there a still afew supermax 2s around! Other than that I dont know.

There is a bicycle parts sales rep who comes into my work once a month that used to work as a rep for Healing Bicycles! He tells me stories about the bikes and the company and why Healing got closed down. Trust me........ive nagged and nagged to him to tell me if he knows where i can get original parts but he believes that its all gone and all thats left is what we see on trademe and what is floating around in old bike stores. Ive asked all the reps that visit work to keep their eyes open for me while on their travels around the south island but they just cant find me anything ( except for John from Marleen who found me a brand new original blue Healing Supermax seat but gave it to someone else who saw him with it because he forgot he was saving it for me sad I nearly cried when he told me! It may apear on trademe as the guy who got it hinted to John he may auction it. Unfair I say. If he just wanted to make money off it he shouldnt of been allowed to get it!  I think its a Christchurch guy who took it too!
Even tho I work in a bike store im still in the same situation as you guys having to watch trademe etc. The only bits I can get for the old bikes are things like bearings, spokes, tyres, chains and all the other stuff that doesnt matter that its not totally original. Its really frustrating aye! But I guess its also why its soo fun to do smile

Keep up the good work guys (& Kate smile

Last edited by TJ Clark (2007-06-12 11:30pm)

#62 2007-06-11 8:30pm

surfer29

Hi tj and every one I would be very keen for supermax decals!!!  Soundsgood - id be keen!!!
I know a signwriter that could help me TJ, thanks for the help, but if you see any thing come thru thats pretty good TELL ME!!!  Id be keen to buy some stuff to get it ready, eg handlebars for supermax new  old school seat and post anyway thanks KATE 0211584217 tex if you find anything cool.

#63 2007-06-11 8:31pm

surfer29

Hey and TJ... are you gonna buy my book on trademe or what dude???   HAHAHA just kidding,
Ride on my friend

#64 2007-06-15 3:00am

Soundzgood
Centurion Member

Supermax:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/SupermaxDownTubeSticker.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/SupermaxTopTubeSticker.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/SupermaxSeatTubeSticker.jpg

The High res scans came out very clean.....just need to tidy up a bit....then change colours or add the 2 for supermax 2 version

#65 2007-06-15 3:04am

Soundzgood
Centurion Member

HMX-500:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/HMX-500TopTubeSticker.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/HMX-500DownTubeSticker.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/HMX-500SeatTubeSticket.jpg

Also have the HMX-600 set scaned but as decals are white , better to work the HMX-500 black text over and substitute the 6 for the 5

#66 2007-06-15 5:13pm

surfer29

Hi I am looking for a 1988 89 Gt perfomer or a freestyle bike in that era.  Can anyone help?  Not too expensive lol.  I live in Wellington.

#67 2007-06-16 2:15pm

X 130R
Centurion Member

Soundzgood wrote:

Supermax:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150 … ticker.jpg

The High res scans came out very clean.....just need to tidy up a bit....then change colours or add the 2 for supermax 2 version

Thats AWESOME !

I will definately be after a set of the Supermax decals..

Decals are the only thing holding up my Supermax restoration, cause then I can get it re-powdercoated

#68 2007-06-16 2:20pm

X 130R
Centurion Member

surfer29 wrote:

Hi I am looking for a 1988 89 Gt perfomer or a freestyle bike in that era.  Can anyone help?  Not too expensive lol.  I live in Wellington.

There weren't many GT Performers around NZ bitd.. well in Auckland anyway..  unless a few privately imported
for freestyle bikes around then it was mostly Haro, Redline, Hutch.. & cheaper things like Raleigh etc.. again around Auckland

Most common was Redline RL20A..  Have not seen one of those for ages tho.. I wonder where mine is, & my Mongoose FS-1 from bitd

#69 2007-06-16 10:39pm

valhalla
Pro Member

surfer29 wrote:

You would be better off starting a new thread for this. An 89 PFT f+f went for Aus$120 last month. The chrome was old but otherwise in very good nick. If you need local pickups done theres probably someone on here that can help.
Good luck!

WTB: KGB Psychopower or Superpower frame, ANY condition!! Profile Nankai freecoaster shell, S&M thin seats.

#70 2007-06-17 1:59am

surfer29

a redline would be good too!!!

#71 2007-06-17 3:59am

mcam
Museum Addict

Hi there,

Soundzgood, I still need to catch up with you. I'm pretty keen to check out the chroming job on your Supersport, as I have decided to replate my Patterson PR240. I want to make sure Poles do a good job on it. I have industry contacts, so I'm hoping to get a "trade discount".

Damn, I missed the old school racing sad. I dont frequent this site much, so I missed it. Would have been great to watch. My bikes are "asphalt queens" nowadays, so I wouldn't be participating.

I wouldn't be in any rush to repro Mongoose or GT decal sets for two reasons. One is that Pacific Cycles, who own the copyright for those, will get heavy if you try to reproduce them, and two, there are officially licensed repros for both these brands on Ebay smile

"Who cares how much history behind Bmx I Know .
I'm still learning more every day !
And are more than happy for what old school bikes and parts I own ."
Quote of the day, from a wannabee smile

#72 2007-06-18 4:49am

Soundzgood
Centurion Member

Hey Mike,

yeah , no point with US bikes decals , as you can buy them cheap anyway.
Yes , must catch up. pmiller's coming down in a few weeks , so maybe time it to all get together.You can put us all in our place with your GT's smile
Had a few more chrome jobs done lately.Quality depends on how much you stress the importance before they maybe treat it like another chair that need's chroming.

Last edited by Soundzgood (2007-06-18 4:53am)

#73 2007-06-18 9:55pm

TJ Clark
Centurion Member

I saw acouple of bikes that had been powdercoated the otherday. They were powdercoated by POWDERTECH in Christchurch and I must say they did a fantastic job! and it was only $45 +gst. Im definately taking my HMX there!! smile

Soundzgood, mint job on the decals mate!!

Im loving this thread, and its great to chat to good people unlike the dickheads who are a waste of space on vorb.org.

smile

#74 2007-06-20 2:31am

Soundzgood
Centurion Member

TJ Clark wrote:

I saw acouple of bikes that had been powdercoated the otherday. They were powdercoated by POWDERTECH in Christchurch and I must say they did a fantastic job! and it was only $45 +gst. Im definately taking my HMX there!! smile

Im loving this thread, and its great to chat to good people unlike the dickheads who are a waste of space on vorb.org.

smile

Good stuff.....looking at powdercoating a frame soon , so handy to know. Can they strip it as well ?

I'm not looking to make any decals myself , mainly an exercise to get to grips with all those tricky photoshop features I've been putting off for years.Thank god there's a computer whiz at work.

#75 2007-06-20 3:57am

TJ Clark
Centurion Member

Soundzgood wrote:

TJ Clark wrote:

smile

Good stuff.....looking at powdercoating a frame soon , so handy to know. Can they strip it as well ?

I'm not looking to make any decals myself , mainly an exercise to get to grips with all those tricky photoshop features I've been putting off for years.Thank god there's a computer whiz at work.

Yes they can strip the frame aswell Soundz. Im unsure of the cost tho. The fella who got his bikes coated here is a painter and stripped the bikes himself. He said the product he used was 'excellent' and very quick just with a paint brush. I will ask him what the product was and let you know.

Powdertech is 435 St Asaph St.

smile

Last edited by TJ Clark (2007-11-28 1:52am)

Board footer

View Cart →