You are not logged in.

BMX sighting at TGI Fridays...  RSS Feed

#1 2007-08-05 10:05am

Vert1go

BMX sighting at TGI Fridays...

I wish I had my camera with me...

In Naples, FL - TGI Friday's had a mid 1990s GT Pro Series, factory complete on the wall.  It was totally mint too.  I have to go back and get photos...

#2 2007-08-05 10:33am

Tonioseven
Museum Addict
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: BMX sighting at TGI Fridays...

Hell!! Where?! I live in Naples! I'll get pictures for everyone!!!!

www.tonioseven.com
Enjoy the ride; worry not about the fall

Yep, bmx for life, or until they kick me out of the old folks home for power sliding into Mrs. Wilson's oxygen machine. mikestevens

#3 2007-08-05 10:35am

djdane
For Sale Restricted
Bikes: 10

Yeah awhile ago( last year sometime) tgif was on a rampage picking up bikes off of the bay and drilling screw holes in them to mount in there spots.

#4 2007-08-05 10:39am

oneluv1979
The Profile "Champ"
Bikes: 19

TGIF GT , lol thats funny

WANTED :   FRED Z Chrome 24" Bars,, DK 1st Gen Clamp,Cyclecraft 24" Frame & forks ,

[img]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn125/proudamerican79/bw-soflo-charter.gif[/img]

#5 2007-08-05 10:39am

Vert1go

Tonioseven wrote:

Hell!! Where?! I live in Naples! I'll get pictures for everyone!!!!

It's the Fridays on 41, right near Golden Gate.  You can't miss it - it's in that shopping center.  As soon as you walk in, look on the right-side wall.  The thing is factory complete, pads too!  I didn't get close enough to see how they attached it to the wall.  I was afraid to find out if they drilled into it.  That GT is mint mint mint too!

#6 2007-08-05 11:01am

Tonioseven
Museum Addict
Bikes: 2
Website

I go right past there on my way to work! My wife has my camera but I'll get pictures of it tomorrow or whenever I can. I go to the Books-A-Million right across the street from there and get my BMX magazines. cool

www.tonioseven.com
Enjoy the ride; worry not about the fall

Yep, bmx for life, or until they kick me out of the old folks home for power sliding into Mrs. Wilson's oxygen machine. mikestevens

#7 2007-08-05 11:11am

wagonguy
Pro Member
For Sale: 16

I think all Fridays have a vintage BMX bike in them. Huntcart is the ebay buyer that was buying them all up. They weren't afraid to spend money, so there are some pretty high end bikes in their restaurants.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

Would love to acquire a Sunn B-Mix 26.

#8 2007-08-05 11:19am

OLDSCHOOL ATL
Museum Addict
Bikes: 78

if they drilled holes in the bikes 2 hang them than TGIF is full of a bunch of mentally challenged people..........thats like buying a babe Ruth card and useing a thumb tack to hang on the wall .....just dumb...

____HIGH til I DiE ____

#9 2007-08-05 11:20am

johnnyC
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

I went to MAckinaw Island in MIchigan last weekend.  There are no cars allowed on the island-bikes and horses only.  After walking around for a bit I noticed a chromed out set of wheels so I had to take a look.  Twin top tubes, gussetted head tube, looked a bit closer-double chevons, yup, a pretty nice looking no rust 85 haro master with a group one stem and OG forks without the pegs.  Needed some love but for sure was a great frame to start with.  I tried to buy it but the rental company was not permitted to sell the bikes.  They had no idea what it was. 

A little later I saw a mid 80's pro performer in pink.  Are you kidding me.  Both owned by rental companies

#10 2007-08-05 11:21am

johnnyC
Pro Member

johnnyC wrote:

I went to MAckinaw Island in MIchigan last weekend.  There are no cars allowed on the island-bikes and horses only.  After walking around for a bit I noticed a chromed out set of wheels so I had to take a look.  Twin top tubes, gussetted head tube, looked a bit closer-double chevons, yup, a pretty nice looking no rust 85 haro master with a group one stem and OG forks without the pegs.  Needed some love but for sure was a great frame to start with.  I tried to buy it but the rental company was not permitted to sell the bikes.  They had no idea what it was. 

A little later I saw a mid 80's pro performer in pink.  Are you kidding me.  Both owned by rental companies

The TGI friday's in Las Vegas- In the Orleans hotel has an later 70's early 80's redline on the wall with a Haro Number Plate.  The probably picked it up at a garage sale.  Ugh

#11 2007-08-05 11:34am

wagonguy
Pro Member
For Sale: 16

Yeah, I was in Mackinaw last summer and was constantly on the lookout for cool bikes. I didn't see any when I was there, but there are THOUSANDS of bikes on that island. Gotta be some cool OS stuff there.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

Would love to acquire a Sunn B-Mix 26.

#12 2007-08-05 12:08pm

79supergoose
For Sale Restricted
Bikes: 4

OLDSCHOOL ATL wrote:

if they drilled holes in the bikes 2 hang them than TGIF is full of a bunch of mentally challenged people..........thats like buying a babe Ruth card and useing a thumb tack to hang on the wall .....just dumb...

You got that right what ever they drilled through is junk now

Get busy livin or get busy dyin......dam right
LOOKIN 4
Someone who can logo ol vinyl snap pads

#13 2007-08-05 1:30pm

80sbikedude
ModeratorBugs Bunny Bmx'er
Bikes: 65
Website

What a shame (drilling holes in a good frame), but would still like to see pics of it hanging on the wall.

ASAP.org ........check it out, I live with it daily
WTB: Murray X20c/Free Spirit F/F or Huffy Pro Lightning F/F
If at first you don't succeed, Do it like your Mom told you!
"Do or do not, there is no try"~~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!

Hook 'Em Horns

#14 2007-08-05 3:51pm

MattMarg
Centurion Member
Bikes: 3
Website

Theres a TGI fridays up near marlboro mass. with a kuwahara on the wall. its a whole os bmx wall i think. totally cool!

I dont want to grow up, cuz im a BMX kid!

Wanted: DK legend, or PROMOTION, S&M challenger, Hoffman flash 1", GT Fueler, Hawk, Midschool race frames.

#15 2007-08-05 4:33pm

mcater
Expert
Bikes: 10

The one here in Gulfport Ms has a Hutch Pro racer with hutch mag hubs and pro size bars

#16 2007-08-05 4:43pm

elfdoublecross
Pro Member36-40 Intermediate "Sarge"
Bikes: 27

maybe we need to get a posse and start "acquiring" these TGI Friday's bikes? I can see the headlines now: "TGI Fridays nationwide robbed, only BMX bikes stolen."  smile  Sounds good to me.

U S A R / 74 D / R E C O N  P S G

WTB: Specialized Spanky red striped 24" tires. Redline Forklifter aluminum cruiser bars. Nuke Proof 36h hubs.

#17 2007-08-05 4:50pm

HaroKid
Museum Newbie

If you think it's bad to just have to see them on the wall when you go and eat, try working there!
I've worked for TGI Fridays for ten years in many many different restaurants, the one I just transferred from had a chrome Quadangle on the wall, and they didn't screw through anything on it to hang it.  It's just not right.

#18 2007-08-05 5:33pm

80sbikedude
ModeratorBugs Bunny Bmx'er
Bikes: 65
Website

There are no BMX bikes in the TGI Fridays around me....they must not like the sport.....maybe they just need a little education. wink    Then again, maybe they think more than drilling into them....maybe they take them home......I will have to look into this......tongue

ASAP.org ........check it out, I live with it daily
WTB: Murray X20c/Free Spirit F/F or Huffy Pro Lightning F/F
If at first you don't succeed, Do it like your Mom told you!
"Do or do not, there is no try"~~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!

Hook 'Em Horns

#19 2007-08-05 6:14pm

johnnyC
Pro Member

rob a place.  Steal a bike? 
I have never stolen a bike...Though I have infracted upon a law or 2 from time to time...

#20 2007-08-05 8:50pm

CHOPPER
Expert
Bikes: 3

elfdoublecross wrote:

maybe we need to get a posse and start "acquiring" these TGI Friday's bikes? I can see the headlines now: "TGI Fridays nationwide robbed, only BMX bikes stolen."  smile  Sounds good to me.

+1, lets roll

"If you ain't wrecked it, you ain't rode it."

#21 2007-08-06 6:19am

elfdoublecross
Pro Member36-40 Intermediate "Sarge"
Bikes: 27

chopper wrote:

elfdoublecross wrote:

+1, lets roll

We would be like Robin Hood- stealing from the rich and parting out to the poor. smile

Last edited by elfdoublecross (2007-08-06 6:19am)

U S A R / 74 D / R E C O N  P S G

WTB: Specialized Spanky red striped 24" tires. Redline Forklifter aluminum cruiser bars. Nuke Proof 36h hubs.

#22 2007-08-06 6:21am

SpeedFreakZX12
Banned
Bikes: 6

same here, there was a robinson on the wall and the ad poster to the kuwi et bike

#23 2007-08-06 6:53am

keep_it_warm
Pro MemberParis Hilton's Cellmate
Bikes: 13

I think it's kind of cool that they display old bikes.

As long as I'm here, it doesn't matter where 'here' is.

#24 2007-08-06 6:56am

SpeedFreakZX12
Banned
Bikes: 6

keep_it_warm wrote:

no it's not cuz instead of enjoying your meal your thinking of ways to get the damn bike out of the building without getting busted lololol

#25 2007-08-06 7:30am

oneluv1979
The Profile "Champ"
Bikes: 19

SpeedFreakZX12 wrote:

keep_it_warm wrote:

no it's not cuz instead of enjoying your meal your thinking of ways to get the damn bike out of the building without getting busted lololol

LMAO So TRU....

WANTED :   FRED Z Chrome 24" Bars,, DK 1st Gen Clamp,Cyclecraft 24" Frame & forks ,

[img]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn125/proudamerican79/bw-soflo-charter.gif[/img]

Board footer

View Cart →