You are not logged in.

Mods and admin changes  RSS Feed

#1 2010-03-08 10:38am

GAry
Owner/CuratorYes, I started this site!
Bikes: 430
Website

Mods and admin changes

Lots of changes around here, would like to hear from members opinions on who should be a Mod or Admin, and who should not?
Thanks to PJ for steering site for many years.. new people coming soon.?!@!@$#@#$

[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg/v1/fill/w_926,h_30,al_c,lg_1,q_80/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site Rules   Guide For New Members  Become a Pro Member  For Sale Section Rules  How to post picts
Yes, I started this website myself, way back in 1999, thanks for sharing my passion about BMX!!

#2 2010-03-08 10:54am

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Bikes: 12
Website

Re: Mods and admin changes

check the pm i sent you for my suggestions.

"HOME OF THE FREE... BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!"

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'what a ride!'"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

#3 2010-03-08 11:03am

halsencrew
Pro Member
Bikes: 29

hows this dont tell anybody who they are so theres no more drama about them lollol

Im loving the neon ,flourescent colors on these newschool bikes and Its makin me like the newschool rides more

#4 2010-03-08 11:06am

bmxghostrider
Pro Member
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 6
Website

halsencrew wrote:

hows this dont tell anybody who they are so theres no more drama about them lollol

this is actually a good idea.. Just have a Mod account where names are not neccessary... Then they can't talk trash about that person.. Nice Tim.. good thinking..  wink

#5 2010-03-08 11:09am

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 13

then who will watch the watchers ?

if a mod cant be a mod using his/her own name, that person has no business being a mod.
we do not need a secret police force.

Last edited by Draw (2010-03-08 11:09am)

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

#6 2010-03-08 11:16am

halsencrew
Pro Member
Bikes: 29

well it just seems that everyone blames the mods for everything that goes on or everyone thinks they should be a mod so we gotta do somethin about that

Im loving the neon ,flourescent colors on these newschool bikes and Its makin me like the newschool rides more

#7 2010-03-08 11:28am

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 13

our problems deal with the new rules and mods get 'blamed' because mods are management.

when a speed limit get dropped 20mph and everyone starts getting tickets...
no one blames the city counsel who actually changed the speed.

everyone blames the cops who are writing the tickets because they are the
ones stuck with managing the problem.

Last edited by Draw (2010-03-08 11:30am)

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

#8 2010-03-08 11:32am

mcseforsale
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

I've been calling for anonymous mods for years.  The time has come.

AJ

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

Energy and persistence conquer all things.

Enough radiation was released to create seventeen Hulks and a Spiderman.

#9 2010-03-08 11:34am

cappy227
Museum Addict
Bikes: 24
Website

Shadow Mods. Awesome. cool

"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa."

#10 2010-03-08 11:36am

Lurker
Crash-Endo

do a search for the guys who always seem to say this place sucks and its members suck for not getting it, then they post here 10 times MORE here than on their favorite sites who supposedly get it, then make them mods.

Its my fault, always my fault, even when someone else is the issue its my fault. If I type something its an attack, and I am always in the wrong, no matter the truth or the facts, if I am posting I must be starting something and I am for sure in the wrong.
Looking for Tim Judge Forks   have chrome hutchins judge forks for trade
Need chrome vector forks ,redline FLIGHT drive side 185mm single pinch flight

#11 2010-03-08 11:37am

hexxed
Museum Addict
Bikes: 4
Website

I smell DRAMA! lol

Old school bike shop for sale, not just bmx stuff either

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/mikenshasta/hexxed.jpg[/img]

#12 2010-03-08 11:50am

NBKA-SENSEI
Museum Addict
Bikes: 11
Website

The few Changes I have seen so far, seem good.
As a general Rule, all the mods do a pretty darn good job.; cool

F-DIBS in 2009,2010   Sensei~ 

I Vote to abolish the Dibs Factor on the Museum Forever!
Just say NO to Dibs.

#13 2010-03-08 11:51am

NBKA-SENSEI
Museum Addict
Website

Draw wrote:

our problems deal with the new rules and mods get 'blamed' because mods are management.

when a speed limit get dropped 20mph and everyone starts getting tickets...
no one blames the city counsel who actually changed the speed.

everyone blames the cops who are writing the tickets because they are the
ones stuck with managing the problem.

This, its not as easy as every one may think.
Your always the bad guy.

Just say NO to Dibs.

#14 2010-03-08 11:58am

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Bikes: 12
Website

here is what i posted on the other thread and what i have passed on to Gary:

this site needs a common goal or vision.  Gary needs to set that and make sure that all of his staff are on the same page.  I think early on as an admin, i set a lot of those goals and visions, but it is not my site.  I made sure Gary was on board for many of the upgrades and changes i did.  I hand picked a few mods to assist with making the site run smooth, and we all understood what direction the site was going.  Recently it has gotten a little chaotic and the goal, vision and direction is not known or understood by the staff.  Everyone of them has their own idea about those goals.  I think this site is still a wonderful place, Gary is a great guy, the mods are good at what they do, but when they all go in the opposite directions, it doesn't work very well.

"HOME OF THE FREE... BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!"

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'what a ride!'"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

#15 2010-03-08 12:04pm

Haro Hound
jsholst200
Bikes: 9

pjcruiser wrote:

this site needs a common goal or vision.  Gary needs to set that and make sure that all of his staff are on the same page.  I think early on as an admin, i set a lot of those goals and visions, but it is not my site.  I made sure Gary was on board for many of the upgrades and changes i did.  I hand picked a few mods to assist with making the site run smooth, and we all understood what direction the site was going.  Recently it has gotten a little chaotic and the goal, vision and direction is not known or understood by the staff.  Everyone of them has their own idea about those goals.  I think this site is still a wonderful place, Gary is a great guy, the mods are good at what they do, but when they all go in the opposite directions, it doesn't work very well.

Well said PJ

In The Name Of God....Father I'll Fly!!!!!!!

#16 2010-03-08 12:06pm

woftam master
Pro MemberRoo Meat
Bikes: 3

Ya know this is gunna be like herding Cats? lol

I agree with the choices Mutty made...

#17 2010-03-08 12:06pm

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 19

So PJ, are you packing it in?  hmm

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#18 2010-03-08 12:08pm

NBKA-SENSEI
Museum Addict
Website

pjcruiser wrote:

Pj your no longer a MOD?

Just say NO to Dibs.

#19 2010-03-08 12:12pm

mcseforsale
Pro Member

Go away "Pro Member"! lollollollol

I agree.  But, we need to reign in the most egregious problems right away.  First up..ripoff artists.  Set in stone sales rules that when not followed...banned IP.  Period.  No pass go, no collect $200.

I'm not talking about simple stuff for banning (slow shipping, etc.), but create thresholds that must be adhered to, with their associated punishment.

Perhaps set up a council that gets the appeals first to make a decision, prior to any "callouts", thus keeping that crap outta the boards.

Perhaps sales thresholds as well.   Such that noone here with less than say 200 positives can sell a product past X dollars...like $1000 or $2000.

Justa few thoughts.

AJ

pjcruiser wrote:

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

#20 2010-03-08 12:13pm

muphasta
Pro Tester

NBKA-SENSEI wrote:

pjcruiser wrote:

Pj your no longer a MOD?

He's a pro member, just like you and me and him, and her...

Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

#21 2010-03-08 12:15pm

mcseforsale
Pro Member

muphasta wrote:

NBKA-SENSEI wrote:

pjcruiser wrote:

Pj your no longer a MOD?

He's a pro member, just like you and me and him, and her...

that's right.  Not so TOUGH anymore are you?  tonguelol

AJ

#22 2010-03-08 12:26pm

Godzilla
Pro Member

I vote for Hanzo, Alkenhoffer, Ciphercode, or Gozilla.  Maybe all!

"Everybody has an emergency between the paypal transaction and the post office." - TentLover

#23 2010-03-08 12:30pm

Godzilla
Pro Member

Ok, seriously.  Redfox = Admin  Level headed and fair.  Deacon = Mod.  Rake = Mod.  Carrera = Mod!

Yep, that would be a clean-up.

"Everybody has an emergency between the paypal transaction and the post office." - TentLover

#24 2010-03-08 12:30pm

CBA
Pro MemberERADICATOR!!!
Bikes: 19
For Sale: 7
Website

Make me a mod for the for-sale section so I can help out rc smile

Sticky Money Jackson

"Whenever I'm about to do something I think, 'Would an idiot do that?'  And if they would, I do not do that thing."  - Dwight Schrute

#25 2010-03-08 12:35pm

NBKA-SENSEI
Museum Addict
Website

CBA wrote:

Make me a mod for the for-sale section so I can help out rc smile

RC is Admin now.

Just say NO to Dibs.

Board footer

View Cart →