You are not logged in.

Very slowly amassing King Bike Company products....

#1 2010-02-16 6:06pm

hotdiggity
Intermediate
Bikes: 5

Very slowly amassing King Bike Company products....

None of it is NOS, just the way it ought to be.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/nuggetlegs/DSC00371.jpg

I'm on a vision quest for some forks.  Another 3 years of looking and I might find some.

Moo?

#2 2010-02-16 6:20pm

darkersomeday
Expert
Bikes: 12

Re: Very slowly amassing King Bike Company products....

nice,

stu king would be proud,

you going to restore it?

i'll keep my eyes peeled for forks

WANTED,
T1 PROGRESSION
Spooky Brown-hornet,Spooky Underdog,Spooky Suspect-device

#3 2010-02-16 6:30pm

hotdiggity
Intermediate
Bikes: 5

Yes, I will restore it but I'm keeping the drops at 14mm.  The original color was blue so I'll be painting it up whenever I get the chance.

If you could keep an eye out for some forks I would appreciate it.

Last edited by hotdiggity (2010-02-16 6:42pm)

Moo?

#4 2010-02-16 7:59pm

darkersomeday
Expert
Bikes: 12

no probs,

i'm in the loft this week going through my old rides mags for scans for others requests,
i'm sure theres some king bike co ads in them, if there are i'll scan them and post them up,

nothing wrong with the drops being 14mm , to me its a justifiable mod so would have been done,

WANTED,
T1 PROGRESSION
Spooky Brown-hornet,Spooky Underdog,Spooky Suspect-device

#5 2012-10-01 11:31am

Ty666
Banned

nice

#6 2012-10-01 11:35am

bugless
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 1

Favorite bike I ever had was a King Liberty with S&M Stupid forks. Bought from Trend in '97. That thing was the sweetest riding bike I've ever had. I wish I knew where it ended up.

bug

#7 2012-10-01 12:14pm

bmxism
Museum Addict
Website

I've got 2 pairs of aluminum Queen pegs sitting in my basement.

GT - Bolt-on is Better

#8 2012-10-01 12:38pm

bugless
Museum Newbie

I also remember hearing from a knowledgeable source BITD that Stuart sold the jig for the liberty frame to Solid. Not sure if that's true or not, but it might be. If so, maybe Solid could build more of these.

bug

#9 2012-10-01 3:06pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
For Sale: 3

bmxism wrote:

I've got 2 pairs of aluminum Queen pegs sitting in my basement.

i'd love to see pics of those. i have King Bikes pegs on a bike, but im not sure how many different models of pegs they had? mine are knurled flatland pegs. are yours knurled or ???

White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2021
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my white inTRIKat!!!

#10 2012-10-01 4:50pm

bmxism
Museum Addict
Website

They made "King" pegs which were for street which were steel and unknurled and they made "Queen" pegs, which were the flatland pegs. Both were available with or without dropout slots and the "Queen" pegs were available in either steel or aluminum.

GT - Bolt-on is Better

#11 2012-10-01 5:01pm

tbone5446
Pro MemberInsert cool tag line here

Hit up tjthemaxx for your King bike needs big_smile

RIP Autumn Pasquale sad

#12 2012-10-01 6:09pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
For Sale: 3

bmxism wrote:

They made "King" pegs which were for street which were steel and unknurled and they made "Queen" pegs, which were the flatland pegs. Both were available with or without dropout slots and the "Queen" pegs were available in either steel or aluminum.

thanks for the knowledge! i guess mine are aluminum queen pegs without dropout slots.

thanks again!

White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2021
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my white inTRIKat!!!

#13 2012-10-01 7:05pm

socaldude
Pro MemberThe Hawaiian Hacker
Bikes: 40
Website

hotdiggity wrote:

None of it is NOS, just the way it ought to be.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/nuggetlegs/DSC00371.jpg

I'm on a vision quest for some forks.  Another 3 years of looking and I might find some.

I know where there's a fork . . .

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae164/machosouza/King-IndyForks.jpg

planetbicycle@yahoo.com

Would love to find my old Dirt Bike.  It was stolen in Pompano Beach, Florida in about 1996.  It's a '92 with the block graphics on a Green frame.  Pitchforks, Slam bars, King Headset, GT (DK-style) stem and GT/Profile cranks.  Superlace hubs.  Would really love to put this back in my collection.

#14 2012-10-01 8:55pm

tjthemaxx
Pro Member"I Would Not"

I worked for King back when they were operating. So let me clear up some stuff:

Steev Inge (the money half of King Bike Co.) sold Solid (Aaron and Ryan) the KING Liberty jig, not Stuart. Another fun Solid tidbit is that they made the first round of early Mutiny frames for Steev as well. The original Solid Bikes "Duke" frame was made to the exact lengths and angles as the King Liberty but used slightly bigger tubing. It looked almost identical too, with the downtube that bent down behind the seat tube. Aaron LOVED King frames and rode one for a long time, even one with SOLID decals after KING went out-of-business. He can be seen in the Allied video "Heroes and Madmen" riding a Liberty.

King did make both steel and aluminum pegs. Early pegs were all steel with no knurling. Later model pegs, both steel and aluminum were fully knurled. Steel pegs were chrome plated and as stated, all pegs were available with-or-without chain tensioner/anti-spin slots.

Hotdiggity, I have some NOS King decals for that frame. Hit me up when you're ready to restore it. I also have a few King forks/stems but not sure if I'd part with any of them or not. Hit me up via PM if you want.

BTW, I'm always looking for KING stuff, if anyone is selling any. smile

T.J.

Currently in production of some bad-ass POOR BOY reproduction item! Shirts, gyro covers and hats first! Padsets soon to come!

poorboybmx.com will have products up soon! FB: poorboybmx  IG: poorboybmx

#15 2012-10-04 6:49am

GTOne
Museum Addict
Bikes: 9

^^^^^ your PM box is full...

#16 2012-10-04 7:19am

tjthemaxx
Pro Member"I Would Not"

Cleaned out my pm box. Sorry!

Currently in production of some bad-ass POOR BOY reproduction item! Shirts, gyro covers and hats first! Padsets soon to come!

#17 2012-10-04 10:12am

Ty666
Banned

i had a set of king forks i ran on a bully hotrod love the forks with a dk stem loved that setup

#18 2012-10-12 8:49pm

Misfitmike63
Pro Member
Bikes: 25

i have a king as well, new set of decals to go on after powdercoating. my frame was reamed out for 1-1/8" cups, so it would be a challenge to run this fork/stem combo if i ever came across this setup.

Having glasses has its advantages... you can walk into a party full of girls who are 6's and 7's, take your glasses off and they instantly become 8's and 9's

looking for: King Bike Co Pegs, King Bike Co ANYTHING, KINK FIEND forks & Frame decals

I don’t need Mrs. Misfit to approve this message.

#19 2012-10-12 9:00pm

Brad4130
Centurion Member
Bikes: 7

Check out my pics in the Wilkerson Wal thread for pics of my Orignal Lola made King fork !

Looking for : WAL / Wilkerson stuff forks and OG sticker set's PM me with what you have.
                   NOS or good condition Super Pro rims
                   BASIC BYKES Small town hick frame $$$$ get at me with what you have !!
                   Homeless bikes forks - trade for early pitch fork ?

#20 2012-10-13 6:24am

Ty666
Banned

man wish i could find a king frame

#21 2012-10-13 8:39am

poppa wheelie
Museum Addict

Didnt king make axle kits that worked like a 3pc BB & axle set up. Like no BB lip in the axle itself but a sleeve in the mid so BBs won't crush in on each other? Lol that's the only way I could describe it but u used no threaded cones, had a nice machined cone looking thing but slid over axle then the axle nuts held it all together like tightening cranks on a 3pc. Why did that not take off? Cuz from day one to now I have probs w/cones loosening.

If I didn't freestyle yesterday, I wouldn't be freestyling today.

#22 2012-10-13 8:47am

tjthemaxx
Pro Member"I Would Not"

Yes, King made replacement axle kits for peregrine super pros. The large cone washers were the best thing to hit the wheel market in a long time. I'm thinking the reason they never hit the open market was because King held a patent on them. I'd have to double-check with the owner to be sure though. I've still got a couple of NOS king axles in the bags. They were always in my super pros back in the day.

Last edited by tjthemaxx (2012-10-13 8:47am)

#23 2013-10-28 8:38am

cmc
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

tjthemaxx wrote:

Yes, King made replacement axle kits for peregrine super pros. The large cone washers were the best thing to hit the wheel market in a long time. I'm thinking the reason they never hit the open market was because King held a patent on them. I'd have to double-check with the owner to be sure though. I've still got a couple of NOS king axles in the bags. They were always in my super pros back in the day.

They did hit the market, because I have one of those axle kits with the large cone washers in this rear wheel in the Hoffman Big Daddy on the left.  Also, note the 4 "Queen" pegs.   Chrome plated Araya Super 7x rims 48h, with Suzue Sealed hubs.

One thing I noticed is that if you use the large cone setup, it will only fit in a frame that has a slightly wider width in the back.  It fits in this Big Daddy and in my Taj, but it will not fit in the Homeless Mack Gen 1 nor in the '95 Homeless Mack.

I seem to remember both Taj and Joe Rich riding the King Liberty frame at certain points around 1994/1995.  The inspiration to the Hoffman Taj and the Terrible One Barcode seem pretty strong.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh138/upsetbmx/030.jpg

Last edited by cmc (2013-10-28 8:41am)

20", 22", 24", 26", and 700c !

#24 2013-10-29 6:22pm

tjthemaxx
Pro Member"I Would Not"

cmc wrote:

tjthemaxx wrote:

They did hit the market, because I have one of those axle kits with the large cone washers in this rear wheel in the Hoffman Big Daddy on the left.  Also, note the 4 "Queen" pegs.   Chrome plated Araya Super 7x rims 48h, with Suzue Sealed hubs.

One thing I noticed is that if you use the large cone setup, it will only fit in a frame that has a slightly wider width in the back.  It fits in this Big Daddy and in my Taj, but it will not fit in the Homeless Mack Gen 1 nor in the '95 Homeless Mack.

I seem to remember both Taj and Joe Rich riding the King Liberty frame at certain points around 1994/1995.  The inspiration to the Hoffman Taj and the Terrible One Barcode seem pretty strong.

You misunderstood me. King *did* release this axle setup back then. It was a catalog item for them/us. However, *other* companies didn't release similar items because KING held a patent on the design. So the ones on your Hoffman are most likely King cone spacers, not Hoffman ones.

And I can also attest to the fact that the King spacers did at least fit *some* of the 2nd Gen Homeless Mack frames, because I was riding one when I lived in Fort Worth, Tx until I got my first King frame. And I always ran King axles/spacers in my superpros back then. So, I know they fit in my personal 2nd gen Mack.

And yes, both Joe and Taj loved the King frame. They were also personal friends with Stuart & Steev. Joe Rich ran a King liberty for a really long time due to liking it so much. it really was about the best bike (length & geometry-wise) out at the time.

#25 2013-10-29 8:06pm

micahbmx
Expert

I have 2 frames, 2 forks and a stem. Been searching hi and low for sprockets and stems though. They are the essence of Midschool bmx. Great bikes!

Board footer