You are not logged in.

2004 Standard Shaman OX  RSS Feed

#1 2009-12-20 11:05am

Red43j
Expert
Bikes: 2
Website

2004 Standard Shaman OX

http://bmxmuseum.com//image/finishedshaman004.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/finishedshaman002.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/finishedshaman007.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/finishedshaman008.jpg

2004 Standard Shaman OX

One of the greatest ideas Standard EVER had! A street/flatland bike. Thanks Bobby Fisher!

I bought this frame off a guy on Pedal BMX several years ago (I believe it was 2006). It had only been ridden a few times. I basically stuck it in my closet until this past year, when I decided I needed to either sell it and move on, or get this thing going. As you can see, I chose the latter. I made a trip back to Illinois, and during my stay, I knew that Standard was only like an hour and a half away from my hometown. I packed the frame up and long story short, made the trip to Standard.
I just want to take a moment to mention that Rick Moliterno is a great guy. I was invited to come up to Standard, personally him, and he showed me around the shop. I got to see my "Modern Shaman" in the process of being finished up (That was so cool to be able to see something that is going to be yours in its infancy). When we were done looking at how to go and build up a Standard, I asked him if they were up for making some modifications to my other Shaman frame. I asked for the brake mounts to be chopped off of the chain stays, as well as the cable guides being taken off of the down tube, and have new ones put under the top tube, and new brake stays put under the seat stays. I also asked for a coaster brake bracket for this frame. Within about a month and a half, my frame returned, and I took it to a local powder coater. Unfortunately, I can't read the serial number anymore because of the new paint. You can't even tell the chain stay brake mounts were ever there, as well as the down tube cable guides!
Being that we have much difficulty finding decals for Shamans, I chose to throw some 250S decals-after I chopped off the 250S part of the decal. I have to say, the bike has turned out pretty well. I'm still waiting for some custom Standard 4 piece Bullit bars, as well as a set of Bash forks I won on Ebay. For the time being, I have Odyssey Barrio bars on her and GT Pacman forks I had lying around. I can't wait for a day to take her out and giver her a spin!
The specs:
Frame: Standard OX Shaman (guessing its a 2003-2004?)
Fork: GT Pacman (will be changed to Standard Bash forks w/ brake mounts, Black)
Bar ends: Eastern
grips: ODI Long Necks
Brake Levers: Dia Compe Tech 77
Bars: Odyssey Barrio (SOON to be switched to custom 4 piece Standard Bullit bars)
Stem: Odyssey Flatware stem, polished
Gyro: SST Orgy with a Snafu cable on the top, and a SST ORGY cable on the bottom
A-Headset: Dia Compe Tank
Gyro Tabs: Fit/S&M
Brakes: Odyssey EVO II, front and rear, silver (using the stock pads)
Front brake cable: Odyssey Slic cable
Seat: Odyssey 99er
Seatpost: Odyssey Intac
Seatpost Clamp: Hoffman
Cranks: Profile 170MM (titanium spindle)
Pedals: KHE Stimulatorz
Sprocket: Profile Imperial, 28 tooth
Chain: Shadow Conspiracy, chrome
Tires: Revenge Industries 20x1.75
Tubes: Animal
Rims: Araya 7x's 36 hole (yep, the old school ones)
Front hub: Suzue HIGH Flange 36 hole (nearly impossible to find!)
Rear hub: Suntour 36 hole coaster brake
Pegs: Hoffman Day Smith, tapered in the front, untapered in the rear
Modifications: Had a "slit" cut in the gyro tabs so that I could put cables on easier; rear hub had cog and coaster arms welded by Thick bikes of Pittsburgh, PA. Due to the dust cap getting the "weld" treatment, I had to go no cage for bearings, however, I've been told that once this breaks in, its AWESOME, as far as feeling super smooth;frame was modified by Standard.
-I can't wait for some snow to melt, as well as get a day off from work so that I can give her a whirl!

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Last edited by Red43j (2009-12-21 8:14pm)

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” -Will Rogers

#2 2009-12-20 12:27pm

Red43j
Expert
Website

Re: 2004 Standard Shaman OX

OI forgot to list off what all parts I put on her, oops! I'm posting, via a Blackberry, and my Storm is a PAIN to leave messages using it. When I get home, I will give you all a rundown of the parts, as well as some cool mods! Thanks in advance forl looking! Josh

*EDIT* Parts updated. -Josh

Last edited by Red43j (2009-12-21 8:15pm)

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” -Will Rogers

#3 2009-12-20 12:52pm

justkaelin
Intermediate
Bikes: 10

that is awesome, i am a huge huge huge sbc supporter and that is exactly why, they are mad cool and are always willing to work with you on whatever you want, im having some custom forks made by them right now, and i had my 250-l and a 125r frame made to my spec as well (the 125r was stolen unfortunatly)

#4 2009-12-20 7:54pm

Red43j
Expert
Website

justkaelin wrote:

that is awesome, i am a huge huge huge sbc supporter and that is exactly why, they are mad cool and are always willing to work with you on whatever you want, im having some custom forks made by them right now, and i had my 250-l and a 125r frame made to my spec as well (the 125r was stolen unfortunatly)

justkaelin-
Thanks for the approval! I hope your stuff turns out better than you could hope for. I've been happy so far.

#5 2009-12-20 8:38pm

cnc6306
Oakley goggles man

very nice , great job cool , awesome bike , added instantly to my favorites list

TOPHER

#6 2009-12-20 8:50pm

Red43j
Expert
Website

cnc6306 wrote:

very nice , great job cool , awesome bike , added instantly to my favorites list

Thank you.
You guys are boosting my ego, LOL.

#7 2009-12-20 10:34pm

taxman806
Centurion Member

That is one sweet Shaman. I love Standards!!!

I'm looking for a Mid-90's Standard Lengthy (Platform frame from 95-98). Contact me thru PM.

#8 2009-12-21 6:16pm

mattfate_413
Midschool Matty
Website

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!  big_smile   LOVE IT!!!

For fans of melodic punk rock, check out: thestereostate.bandcamp.com - facebook.com/thestereostate

#9 2009-12-23 6:33am

Red43j
Expert
Website

mattfate_413 wrote:

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!  big_smile   LOVE IT!!!

Thanks man! It was a LONG build! I still haven't gotten to go out and ride it yet. Grrrr!

#10 2010-12-15 8:51pm

MaDcRaZyStAcKhEiGhT
Bikes: 4

Vader Time !
Hey i got your old red tank. I've only torn it up on it a lettle bit, but not too much. It one handed backwards steams nicely.

#11 2010-12-16 7:30am

Red43j
Expert
Website

I wish I had her back...

#12 2010-12-20 4:09pm

Red43j
Expert
Website

And now, I no longer own the OX Shaman. Great bike, but I have ANOTHER, newer Shaman, sitting, waiting patiently to be built. I think the person who is getting this Shaman will like it (its a secret gift to someone who has become a good friend. Actually, his brother is getting it, someone somewhat famous...). more details to follow!

#13 2011-01-27 5:21pm

77stroker2
Thread Killer
Bikes: 8

Dude What Up? WOw Sorry, I thought I Commented On Ur Ride? neutral Guess Not Been Hella Busy At Work big_smile At Least I Flavored It ! smile Dude Ur Bike Is Sick,And I Hella Love The Color,Which I Need To Do a Blue Bike Now ! Dude Sick Story, I Hella Love It, When People Are Long WINDED Like Me lollollollollol ! Dude Ur Gonna Hate Me, But I'm a 4pc. Bar Guy Too ( Until The S&M Perfect 10 Bars , But That Another Story 2006 Haro Sport ) Well Check It Out,Couple Of Weeks Ago I Won Some Federal 4pc. 20/20 In A color That would Have looked Sick On Your Bike Candy Teal ! Well Those Bars Were Like 69.99 to 89.00 When 1st Out ! I Got A Pair For My Revo,And Feel In Love ! Well About A Month Ago, I Wanted The Same Bar, But In Teal,So Got Lucky A Couple Of Weeks Ago And Scored On The Bay For $ 27.50 ! big_smile I Took My X4 Crank Arm Off And Grabbed Those Teal Federal 4pc. Bars ( Hey ijust came to conclusion on WHY IN THE HELL I'M I TELLING U THIS ????????? lol  ) Went Down To Powder Coater And Gave Him The Teal Bars And Showed Him My Crank Arm And Got A Close Match ! They'll Be Done In A Week ! Love Them 4pc. Bars ! They Would Have Looke dSick On Ur Ride ! I Have A few More Bikes To Put Together,Then I'm Done,But I Was Looking Into The Standard And S&M's ! I Want To Do A New Bike Made In The US of A ! I Want To TRY To Get As Many USA Parts on Which One I Ever Go With ! Hey U Putting 4pc. On The new One? LMK ! Can't Wait To See It !  smile

Ken=The Number 1 Poser !
Desert Storm Vet. US Navy FC2  ( 1986-1991 )

Left Old Junk ( I Mean Old School)  For New School! Love "THE DARK SIDE"!
As Craig Ferguson Would Say," I Look Forward To Your Hate Mail " !
[img]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/shitmyrompers/Modern%20Muscle%20Cars/aaf1aff9-d865-45cf-b141-8ba083757654_zps8a8fc026.jpg[/img]

#14 2011-01-28 10:10am

Red43j
Expert
Website

Stroker,
Yep, I'm all about the 4 piece bar. the THREE bikes (yes, THREE), will all have 4 piece. Wait and see, stuff coming ion the next few months!

#15 2011-01-28 10:12am

Red43j
Expert
Website

Oh,
And good luck w/ your build!

#16 2011-03-17 12:01pm

RiderAZ
Bikes: 9

SBC Army! Nice Shaman!

#17 2012-02-17 9:52pm

EVILK82
Pro Member
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 14

Hey Red! How are you, i will post my Standards for you and the world to see very soon! I was lucky to get my Shaman OX brand new and still under the Standard  Bykes warranty, i love the way you have your Shaman setup, looks like is ready to kick a$$

I'm not BAD but i can be EVIL! LETS RIDE FLATLAND!!

More Faster, More Crazier, More Evil!!!
Evilk82 Returns!

#18 2012-02-18 3:10am

Red43j
Expert
Website

EVILK82 wrote:

Hey Red! How are you, i will post my Standards for you and the world to see very soon! I was lucky to get my Shaman OX brand new and still under the Standard  Bykes warranty, i love the way you have your Shaman setup, looks like is ready to kick a$$

Lookin' forward to it! In fact, any and and all of you should post your  Standard here as well:http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=151812 ...I posted a few of mine that I've not been able to show on the museum for some reason (I can't seem to get them to upload).

Board footer

View Cart →