You are not logged in.

Every BMX ever at the BMX junkyard!!  RSS Feed

#501 2013-07-09 2:58am

zombie_jesus
Google Me, B*tch

Re: Every BMX ever at the BMX junkyard!!

GhettoBMXstar wrote:

That's just sad to see this place burn down the way it did.
[url][IMG]http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae154/murray-eliminator/All%20bikes%20fire/DSCN5736.jpg[/url][/url]

Is this pre or post fire? neutral

#TeamGeiger

#502 2013-07-09 3:28am

daripper
Pro MemberRipper From Oz
Bikes: 6

He now has a museum of ash and twisted metal...... he must have had some coin though, imagine how much all that shit would have cost, there is no way you could hoard al that stuff at no cost.

Old School Racers Australia

#503 2013-07-09 4:11am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

77rider wrote:

Holy shit,what blows my mind more then the collection of bikes is the people on this site. People here almost glad this guy lost his stuff. What the hell? Are all you guys that self important,self centered a$$holes to wish this on someone that would not let you buy his stuff for scrap prices. WOW!

Not glad about this, I don't wish bad stuff on anyone. It is terrible that he lost so much and it must be devastating to him and his family. But you cannot argue with the crazy part. From what I have read the guy has some issues. It is awful that something happened in his life that caused him to be such a horrible person to people. Like I said, what a waste on so many levels.

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Redline, the fastest way between two points.

Give A Shift! Save the manual.

Did you turn it off and then turn it back on?

#504 2013-07-09 8:58am

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

daripper wrote:

He now has a museum of ash and twisted metal...... he must have had some coin though, imagine how much all that shit would have cost, there is no way you could hoard al that stuff at no cost.

the things must have been wrecked in the first place. maybe he had gotten money somehow and then bought the land then started filling it with whatever he could find. and maybe he did have hopes to have fixed it all up but it still was an impossible dream and there is a saying i was taught as a kid. "use it or lose it" which it always makes me look inward and at my own possesions. i am a sinner too though and shouldn't judge i know but he is the most extreme i have seen so it is quite difficult not to comment on his situation. regardless it is all sad.

#505 2013-07-14 2:15pm

Jeno007
Defender of The Universe
Bikes: 13

sad Well, guess Ill never get back out there again. He hooked me up with some parts for my FZR a few years back. Cheap too, always wanted to get out there and really just look at everything. Yeah, hoarding rust is stupid, but whatever, it was still an interesting place.

Anything is negotiable.

#506 2013-07-14 2:39pm

unfit4society
Pro Memberbeehive neck
Website

You guys all act like there is nothing left, I'm sure there is still a shit ton of sale-able stuff in there.

Please help my Nephew if you can, check my website space.

#507 2013-07-14 2:48pm

Jeno007
Defender of The Universe
Bikes: 13

Thing is, if he even cleans it up and tries to start over again, the county will probably put the brakes on it. They will deem it a hazard to exist most likely, and like I said, sucks, as I would have liked to spend an extended period of time just looking around.

Anything is negotiable.

#508 2013-07-14 4:32pm

DRbmxbikes
Pro Member
Bikes: 11
Website

Jeno007 wrote:

Thing is, if he even cleans it up and tries to start over again, the county will probably put the brakes on it. They will deem it a hazard to exist most likely, and like I said, sucks, as I would have liked to spend an extended period of time just looking around.

Yeah  if and when he decides to open this place up for business again. There will be fire issues to deal with.  Access , fire sprinklers  that he did not have  possible oil  contamination. Epa issues  zoning issues  just to name a few     Thats my guess as well.

when it comes time to die,be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death,so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way,sing your death song and die like a hero going home. chief aupumut mohican 1725

#509 2013-07-14 5:05pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

badbill wrote:

daripper wrote:

the things must have been wrecked in the first place. maybe he had gotten money somehow and then bought the land then started filling it with whatever he could find. and maybe he did have hopes to have fixed it all up but it still was an impossible dream and there is a saying i was taught as a kid. "use it or lose it" which it always makes me look inward and at my own possesions. i am a sinner too though and shouldn't judge i know but he is the most extreme i have seen so it is quite difficult not to comment on his situation. regardless it is all sad.

I beat half that stuff he could not register it. because he bought it from the. PST over here guys. that give out the  to good to be true deals.  the reast he picked up on trASH dAYS for free.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#510 2013-09-26 4:14pm

markanthony
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 1

People like this are very eccentric,you call them dumb and other things.
But they can read peoples bull$heet a mile away.
They talk with you but see right away that a lot of people will offer them the price of a can of Alpo dog food for something they know has value.

If there wasn't value or awe in those piles everybody would stay away.

I'm a car freak and have met lots of "eccentric " people
I'm also broke as a joke but share enthusiasm and true interest .
I've traded weed eating 5 acres of a lot in trade for a 56 studabaker golden hawk ,
Pulled 11 -1 compression 413 wedge motors out of dump trucks ,
Traded full roller 396L78 for a 65 Plymouth fury III and bought a all original 63 nova Chevy II
From people similar.
Some were real Hells angels guys(stuff would blow your mind on matching 56 F-100 with custom Panhead in the truck pulling a matching jet boat straight from the 80's Oakland roadster shows.
They would say,"yeah a guy owed me money"got that one in trade.won a bet.freinds needed money or a  Loan.
Show them respect ,talk a little but leave before the mood turns.

I currently know where a old lady freind of mine has 2 392 hemi motors sitting in her garage,because her husband died and he was a flat beds racer.
85 year old lady I know just lost her license because of her age and disability
Leaving her 67 Firebird 326 gold with black vinyl top and gold interior.sitting ,she bought it new and allways took care of it. (When I met her it was because I saw her at the grocery store climb from the passenger side to the driver side) I was like I love your car is everything ok?
She said her button spring on the door handle broke and the last time she ha a mechanic work on it,her freind and her saw the guy joyriding it.
I have her my # and told her I had parts catal
og for her that has those parts.
Instant freinds,she refused to let me install it for free.
Her name is Becky and she lovingly referred to her firebird as "Sarah"
Still see her either at the grocery store or the foot doctors parking lot waiting for the bus(she has ba feet)
Good memories,good people. Remember to respect them.

Would like lots of bikes but the SE Hauler is one that has a lot of sentimental value to me. Anyone got one?

#511 2013-09-26 10:50pm

IPD
Pro Member
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 2
Website

let's not cry over something that's not a tragedy.  everything there was a shitpile to begin with.

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#512 2013-09-27 9:43am

a911scanner
Intermediate

x

I think my give a sh*t is busted.

WANTED:
* Looking for a Blue VDC Cruiser bars (possible trades)
* Looking for 26" ACS Z-rims

#513 2013-09-27 11:14am

tcbmx
Museum Addict
Bikes: 8

IPD wrote:

let's not cry over something that's not a tragedy.  everything there was a shitpile to begin with.

mmmmhhhmm, exactly. years in the elements reverted most of those motorcycles and bikes back to the rusty iron from whence they came, the fire was just a broom that swept the dust away. good f--king riddance.

What's the point of having a bike if you're not going to ride it?

#514 2013-09-27 4:51pm

DRbmxbikes
Pro Member
Website

lol

when it comes time to die,be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death,so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way,sing your death song and die like a hero going home. chief aupumut mohican 1725

#515 2013-09-27 5:50pm

LIVE TO RIDE
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 15

IPD wrote:

lol     lol     lol       lol       I guess you never saw the pics of all the crazy rad bmx bikes hangin from the rafters!!!!!!!!!!????????????all of them protected from the elements.Wish we could see some pics of the shed where all the bmxs were being stored.

Momma Says "bikes Are The Devil !!"

NEVER TURN DOWN A CHANCE TO LIVE

#516 2013-09-27 6:33pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

LIVE TO RIDE wrote:

IPD wrote:

lol     lol     lol       lol       I guess you never saw the pics of all the crazy rad bmx bikes hangin from the rafters!!!!!!!!!!????????????all of them protected from the elements.Wish we could see some pics of the shed where all the bmxs were being stored.

[url=http://s967.photobucket.com/user/murray-eliminator/media/All%20bikes%20fire/DSCN5752.jpg.html][img]

I posted a picture of it on this page of the thread scroll up. you will see it!

Last edited by FRESSTYLE FREEK (2013-09-27 6:43pm)

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#517 2013-09-30 5:47pm

skunkbros
Intermediate
Bikes: 19
Website

Drove by yesterday, place is still untouched since the fire.

Founders of the Pete Augustin Fan Club.

#518 2013-09-30 6:24pm

general hustler
"GHramps"
Bikes: 12
Website

Last edited by general hustler (2013-09-30 6:26pm)

This just in: Drinking water supply has been compromised. Symptoms include acting irrational and disrespectful when discussing race, religion, and politics. Many impacted.

--------------------------------
NOW YOU FUNNY TOO
--------------------------------

#519 2013-09-30 8:25pm

HaroBlammo
Pro Member
Bikes: 10

Would be still plenty of salvageable stuff at that place after the fire.

Bryan

#520 2013-09-30 9:00pm

DRbmxbikes
Pro Member
Website

skunkbros wrote:

Drove by yesterday, place is still untouched since the fire.

It could take a year or more for the ins, company to come up with a loss total $

#521 2013-09-30 9:20pm

bob70
Banned

I have run into alot of the same type of older guys they keep everything wont sell and generally very grouchy but some times if you are not pushy they will open up to you maybe he wont every sell his stuff i know where im living i wont be getting any of it it is sad for a lot of people i am very sorry about the fire fighters  who risk there lives to try to give someone a little hope now when it comes to clean up of that place good luck he is going to hope he has a bunch of friends that can tolerate his attitude or the epa wont let him open it back up  ..just some thoughts

#522 2013-09-30 9:31pm

cmb
Pro MemberTexan by birth, Scottish by drink
Bikes: 8

HaroBlammo wrote:

Would be still plenty of salvageable stuff at that place after the fire.

This is my thought.  A neighbor or ours where I grew up took a rolling Harley frame from an insurance fraud fire, spent $6,000 to fix it, and turned it into a $12,000 motorcycle.  I am a firm believer that many things can be saved and some thing can't.  That is if the owner of "All Bikes" wants to sell anything.  Which leads me to a second thought:

I could care less what happened to the things in the fire.  It wasn't my property to begin with.  Which means I didn't have a say in how it was treated.

Recently, I bought two go-karts from a guy that had over 20 of them at his house and in a steel building.  He had also had over 50 arcade games in the building (around 15 cocktail tables) and about 300 beer signs.  He also had a PL-20 that he bought when he was 14.  I asked one time if he was interested in selling it and he said, "no, not at this time."  I didn't ask again about it.  He did say that if he did, he would let me know.  I was grateful that he showed me everything that was in his collection.  I respected his property and didn't give an opinion to what I thought he should being doing with it.  I understood that everything he owned was important to him.  However, I was able to get (2) two seater go-karts for $175.  That was his price.  Yes, they need some work, but they are complete.  I believe the reason why he sold them to me was because I respected him and his property so much.  An agreement was made with him that the karts would be sold back to him if I decide to get rid of them after my boys have had their fun with them.  The guy made it a point to tell me that I am the only person he has sold something to. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that there is an appropriate approach that has to be made with someone who is called a collector, hoarder, or junker.  It has to be one of respect.  I read many of these posts where it seems that some people are happy everything caught fire.  Why?  Because the guy was weird, crazy, rude, or some other negative adjective?  Because he wouldn't sell bike parts to just anybody?  I don't get it...those sentiments do not make sense to me.

Last edited by cmb (2013-10-01 6:27am)

Just your typical Aggie Hutch owner. Gig'em.

Never trust a man that doesn't know what beer tastes like or wears more than two rings.

I usually edit for my grammar mistakes.

#523 2013-10-01 5:01am

poppa wheelie
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

If the fire hit the Bmx part I dought there's nothing left to sale but paper weights. In late 8os my friends car caught fire had 3 bikes hanging out of the trunk. Everything was wasted. All the alloy melted to blobs & when I cleaned up my Osborn F/F to ride again the stress cracks begun due to high temp on the frame & salvaged parts. Not good unless used as wall hanger:(

If I didn't freestyle yesterday, I wouldn't be freestyling today.

#524 2013-10-01 12:48pm

youngGoose
Bikes: 2

well said CMB.

I think that this has been taking very far, by saying the guys things should burn is a sign of hatred and jealousy why say that about any one just because he has a lot of bikes doesn't mean he should be treated any different from you and i and yes he mite not want to sell things but that should be okay because if some asked me to sell one of my bikes and i said no will that make me a hoarder or should that buyer now hate me, no ive seen people with 20 plus bikes on this forums, why inst anyone wanted there stuff to burn, yes i mean he could sell to people wanting to restore some bikes but if he doesn't so what, find that part or bike else where.

Here in South Africa bikes are more hard to find than in US so people finding stuff is like a good sight but yet some still think about if that was there deal as if they wanted all the bikes in the world. Im a Mongoose guy but i don't think twice about all the bikes and parts AtariAger has why because i respect him for having all those part and bikes and most for keeping them in tip top shape (just stating a point no disrespect intended towards you) and why on earth think bad upon them, i would never want bikes or parts to burn to death that's thousands of parts wasted, melted, GONE forever.

So what im saying is everyone should just respect the guy....and hes choices, you never no he mite just open a shop tomorrow.

#525 2013-10-02 6:07am

kawittwer
Intermediate
Bikes: 14

It's not worth anything if you aren't going to sell it.  People are strange.

Board footer

View Cart →