You are not logged in.

IS JDB CRAZY!!!!!

#51 2009-11-23 8:30am

JTBMX
"FLEA MARKET OS WHORE"

Re: IS JDB CRAZY!!!!!

Dude he claimed to buy rights, what does it matter... He can go to anyone and say I want this print with this tag- this is how overseas companys work. The same people who make plactic toys for one company will make the same exact toy from the same mold and slap the new company name on it.
WTFE- can't wait to see the $250.00 cankle gaurds...

#52 2009-11-23 8:37am

scenecreamer
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 3

I am the owl... wrote:

scenecreamer wrote:

scenecreamer wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUTCH-BMX-EMBROIDERED-HOODY-SWEATSHIRT-white-XL-new_W0QQitemZ110460618993QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b7f748f1

c'mon that thing is sick, and it's embroidered for chrissake. I could see your complaint if it was a screenprint...

also, are you guys noticing the tag? It says Hutch, so this isn't something you can compare to someone buying some American Apparel sweatshirts and paying a guy to embroider them. This is an actual Hutch product line. There is licensing involved, you can't just sew a tag into someone else's product.

irrational crowd is right....

Ya yer probably right, that little tag IS worth an extra 50 bucks..... seriously, do you think anyone cares if there's a Hutch tag inside or if it says Fruit of the loom?

Seriously? YES. Of course it matters. It's the difference between authentic and bootleg

I might not deliver when I say I will, but when I do it's always right on time.

It's not my birthday, but that's my name on the cake

"...posing at the 7-11 with your colorful shiny bike you don't do tricks on is played out." -G.

#53 2009-11-23 8:39am

Iceman
Pro MemberSEAT GUT IDIOT
Bikes: 2

I am the owl... wrote:

Cb Lee wrote:

It could come with an new/old Hutch spindle that you can actually break off in your bum.

Why would you want somethin else in yer ass when you're already takin it in the ass when you pay his prices? lol sorry couldn't resist tongue

lollollol

neither was any thing ells are government gave away simi free. that's why this country's broke and six trillion dollars in det already.

so what if they make the hole a little more deeper hole. ether way were screwed. but for now some are kinda happy.

#54 2009-11-23 8:55am

josare714
BMXer 4 Life

I love this site, it's great you never know what kinda BS is going on, this one is good ( NOT ! )

Lemon pepper chicken now that is a great IDEA !!

The best is yet to cum ....

#55 2009-11-23 8:57am

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
Bikes: 7

scenecreamer wrote:

I am the owl... wrote:

scenecreamer wrote:

also, are you guys noticing the tag? It says Hutch, so this isn't something you can compare to someone buying some American Apparel sweatshirts and paying a guy to embroider them. This is an actual Hutch product line. There is licensing involved, you can't just sew a tag into someone else's product.

Ya yer probably right, that little tag IS worth an extra 50 bucks..... seriously, do you think anyone cares if there's a Hutch tag inside or if it says Fruit of the loom?

Seriously? YES. Of course it matters. It's the difference between authentic and bootleg

The point is, is that tag doesnt instantly mean its worth more...

I love dead people....

#56 2009-11-23 9:02am

karbri98
Centurion Member

cappy227 wrote:

Post started by "member" with 37 posts who talks a tough game about confrontation at Rockford... then the usual pile on. And golly it's only been 20 hours since the last Hutch bash thread died.

Meanwhile, folks would pay hundreds more for a veritable used condom from 1985 if it had a Hutch logo on it.

Oh, plus the new suggestion that anyone who doesn't agree is looking for kickbacks. Nice, what ever makes you comfortable. Silly.

Cliche of the irrational crowd...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_mentality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mob_behavior

Come on guys...there's got to be something better to talk about aside from sweat shirt pricing? Hey look! Chicken! I like chicken...!

So because i only have 37 posts i cant say $100 is to much for a sweatshirt. I'm on here all the time i just dont comment on every little thing i see. I love Hutch products & have never once said a bad word about JBD on here. I wasnt trying to get a 20 page bash going i'm just saying $100 is WAY to much for a sweatshirt. 5 posts later you say its too much but thats o.k because you have more posts.WTF

" I like turtles "

Looking for a 93' Diamondback Turbo

#57 2009-11-23 9:04am

scenecreamer
BMXer 4 Life

I understand your point, but there is more to take into consideration.

anyway, I bet he's just feeling out what the market will bear. He needs some marketing help, imo. These need to be hyped through the proper outlets, cuz eBay isn't gonna cut it.

"...posing at the 7-11 with your colorful shiny bike you don't do tricks on is played out." -G.

#58 2009-11-23 9:04am

ANTI
Expert

If you are on here all the time then you had to know this would start a jdb bash

#59 2009-11-23 9:04am

80sracer
Expert

I bet he's selling them! Just like all the other over priced Hutch stuff he has out there... he's getting orders or he wouldnt be in business at all...Glad I'm a JMC guy, Mr. Melton is selling his remakes for really good prices!! By the way Happy Birthday (tomorrow) Jim Melton!

#60 2009-11-23 9:06am

tcbmx
Museum Addict
Bikes: 8

$100 for a hoodie? Damn! That thing better come with some kind of krypton stain deflector shield and a laser to pick off bugs and grass. lol 

But I really don't expect these to sell. And JDB should really consider making a new school street or park frame at a consumer price, because that's today's primary riding style and not many people are going to consider running OS parts.

What's the point of having a bike if you're not going to ride it?

#61 2009-11-23 9:07am

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner

scenecreamer wrote:

. He needs some marketing help, imo. These need to be hyped through the proper outlets, cuz eBay isn't gonna cut it.

Yes, he does. Thats a good point.

I love dead people....

#62 2009-11-23 9:10am

apocalypse dude
Pro Memberpro hater

scenecreamer wrote:

i cant tell if you are joking or not.

THIS IS A 90'S RARE GEM - MR. HOFFMAN, MR. HAWK AND MANY OTHER CELLEBRITIES WOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE THIS BIKE AMONG THEIR COLLECTION.

#63 2009-11-23 9:15am

vrobb3
Expert

JDB needs more than marketing help  hmm

Last edited by vrobb3 (2009-11-23 9:21am)

#64 2009-11-23 9:17am

karbri98
Centurion Member

This is why i dont post all the time & why i wont anymore

" I like turtles "

Looking for a 93' Diamondback Turbo

#65 2009-11-23 9:28am

scenecreamer
BMXer 4 Life

apocalypse dude wrote:

scenecreamer wrote:

no, I'm not joking. Your MMA hoody is a bad comparison, imo. 7.5 ounces? dude, that's seriously lightweight. You bought a bootleg hoody that probably isn't even paying a dime to the fighter for 61$ shipped... just saying

#66 2009-11-23 9:28am

Cb Lee
Pro Member
Bikes: 17

karbri98 wrote:

cappy227 wrote:

Post started by "member" with 37 posts who talks a tough game about confrontation at Rockford... then the usual pile on. And golly it's only been 20 hours since the last Hutch bash thread died.

Meanwhile, folks would pay hundreds more for a veritable used condom from 1985 if it had a Hutch logo on it.

Oh, plus the new suggestion that anyone who doesn't agree is looking for kickbacks. Nice, what ever makes you comfortable. Silly.

Come on guys...there's got to be something better to talk about aside from sweat shirt pricing? Hey look! Chicken! I like chicken...!

So because i only have 37 posts i cant say $100 is to much for a sweatshirt. I'm on here all the time i just dont comment on every little thing i see. I love Hutch products & have never once said a bad word about JBD on here. I wasnt trying to get a 20 page bash going i'm just saying $100 is WAY to much for a sweatshirt. 5 posts later you say its too much but thats o.k because you have more posts.WTF

Don't let that stuff get to you. It's just someone elses opinion. I rarely post on such topics as well. I couldn't help myself today. wink Your thread was valid, IMO, and it's only at page 3 so far.

#67 2009-11-23 9:42am

apocalypse dude
Pro Memberpro hater

scenecreamer wrote:

apocalypse dude wrote:

scenecreamer wrote:

no, I'm not joking. Your MMA hoody is a bad comparison, imo. 7.5 ounces? dude, that's seriously lightweight. You bought a bootleg hoody that probably isn't even paying a dime to the fighter for 61$ shipped... just saying

im just sayin, it doesnt take a lot extra to sew in a custom tag.

i was going to order one directly from fedor but he didnt have one i liked. ha i have supported him before though, i bought tickets to shows when he was here and i bought mechandise from him directly before.

it is a lightweight hoody, but its the same as all the other 50/50 hoodies liek hanes. i dont liek the supper thick hoodies anyways.

THIS IS A 90'S RARE GEM - MR. HOFFMAN, MR. HAWK AND MANY OTHER CELLEBRITIES WOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE THIS BIKE AMONG THEIR COLLECTION.

#68 2009-11-23 9:57am

apocalypse dude
Pro Memberpro hater

i will say though, if it was a blank american apparael hoodie that would be cool, their stuff is super awesoem. its some of the best blanks you can get. some of thier hoodies are liek 30 or 50 bucks when printed. they are more expensive than alot of brands for blanks.

also the hutch hoodie is fleece lined and looks heavy so that means it cost more.

i dont think all and all $100 bucks is toooooo crazy really, i mean its not a 10 dollar walmart hoodie. its custom made, its limited and its nice quality. i think they could sell it for 60 and still make money? yea sure, but thats not the Hutch buisness modle. they are about limited edition items. low itme count= higher price. all in all i dont th ink it really is going to maximize profits.. but if he only made 25 of them he will be sure to sell them all. so its a sure bet, even at 100 bucks especially at holiday time.  if he made 250 he could probably sell them at normal prices liek everyone else but i dont know if he has a big enough market for that. if i wanted a Hutch hoodie i would probably spend 100 bucks on it if it was super nice and embroidered liek that. i usually dont like embroidery though, but that one looks liek it wouldnt bee too uncomfortable. i hate when they are huge and on the front so embroidered its liek a patch. thats uncomfortable. i use to have a cowboys one liek that with a huge emroidery star on the front. after a whiel it got kinda wrinkled and woudl always stay liek that, it sucked.

Last edited by apocalypse dude (2009-11-23 9:59am)

#69 2009-11-23 10:19am

FlovalFarley
Centurion Member
Bikes: 8

I must agree with Estados. The whole HUTCH idea now is soooooooo stupid? I mean NOTHING is selling good right now, that Era( a GREAT one) is over and Hutch should be marketed differently and not focus on old 1" stems and other high priced crap that can't be used on newer bikes IF anyone ever gets the parts. I am not into Hutch cause I'll never be able to afford any of it new or old, just too much. The Old stuff is absolutely classic and awesome and I remember when I was a kid riding a predator then a viper seeing one every now and then and being in awe! Kids don't know Hutch and won't care, JDB is probably thinking the old dawgs from BITD are gonna just buy the shit out of this stuff, however at those prices and probably weak quality it is not gonna happen. I do hope everyone gets the items they paid for and they are good quality. I would never call someone a sucker for wanting to buy neat stuff that is not easily found repro or not, but if the quality is not there though it will be rough for buyers, again if he delivers at all. He definitely went about everything completely wrong. Original Hutch stuff is awesome though, but damn expensive! I saw a Hutch Kashimax Aero in near but not NOS condition on ebay a while back with a Buy It Now price of $895 , what a deal.

" Wanna see my I.D. try to clip my wings, don't have to show you proof of anything......I know the law friend! "- Van Halen

#70 2009-11-23 10:26am

Iceman
Pro MemberSEAT GUT IDIOT

robs255  just got banned. wonder what happened?

You guys better stop talking about JDB..... you'll be next. lollollol

neither was any thing ells are government gave away simi free. that's why this country's broke and six trillion dollars in det already.

so what if they make the hole a little more deeper hole. ether way were screwed. but for now some are kinda happy.

#71 2009-11-23 10:26am

cappy227
Museum Addict
Bikes: 24
Website

karbri98 wrote:

cappy227 wrote:

Free board, man - you can type almost anything you like. But as someone's already reinforced, for someone with under 40 posts with over a years' membership, it's suspect to be troublemaking (and I dunno - never typing a bad word about the guy? You just started a string that calls him "Crazy."),  then again posting that the guy would be "nuts" to go to Rockford; suggesting along with the other poster, that what, it'd be 'dangerous?' Or? I mean c'mon.  I can type that it's suspect...Especially as it happens here quite a bit. Which you know, as you're here 'all the time.'

And I didn't say it was too much, but affirmed I personally wouldn't pay it. As someone else has posted, he can't know no one will till he tries, can he. The market decides...

My only point was and remains that you're a question mark...along with quite a few others in similar posts. If you don't see how you and your post can come off that way, that's cool; doesn't impact my day either way...and from your general non-participation here, won't impact yours either, will it?

"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa."

#72 2009-11-23 10:28am

cappy227
Museum Addict
Website

iceman2308 wrote:

robs255  just got banned. wonder what happened?

You guys better stop talking about JDB..... you'll be next. lollollol

I rest my case...suspect...hmm

#73 2009-11-23 10:30am

killertiller
Intermediate
Bikes: 6

I posted he would be nuts to go to rockford.Why would you go someplace that 75% of the people don't care for you?

MONEY ORDERS,I have no problem accepting them from you.If you do not come thru you will have a neg feedback left for you.Just that simple

#74 2009-11-23 10:35am

ANTI
Expert

Because its a free world and if he wants to go to rockford he can

#75 2009-11-23 10:38am

cappy227
Museum Addict
Website

killertiller wrote:

I posted he would be nuts to go to rockford.Why would you go someplace that 75% of the people don't care for you?

Because that's hearsay, man. Who's compiled that stat? With what blinds? The guy gets slammed by the same names over and over, certainly not 75% of the active members. These threads are mostly mob mentality, I think. Start one about Profile's bad chrome and we know what happens...or SE stamping their dropouts...and so on. No one criticism applies to all fairly; SE can mfg overseas and go untouched; JDB does it and it's a cardinal sin. One guy says he was treated poorly, and voila, he treats every customer poorly...That sort of thing. I'm no rocket scientist, but these inconsistencies and blanket statements are rather obvious?

Jesus I have to stop bother trying to point these things out, lol...

...where...right..oh right!CHICKEN! I LIKE IT!

Board footer