You are not logged in.

Other Hobbies, interests, collections?

#476 2021-09-07 5:59pm

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami
Signed up: 2014-11-10
For Sale: 1

Re: Other Hobbies, interests, collections?

Luke Bongwater wrote:

This is another one of my hobbies. This was my last reef tank. A very challenging 5.5 gallon Fluval Spec V with tons of upgrades.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 83718.jpeg

Dude i love that. When my kids move out im going to get some fish, maybe a cool Tarantula. Very cool tank/fish

You know who you are.
Always looking for old promo bikes: rc cola, sprite, slush puppy, 7-11 etc. Dept store bikes as well.  Iso: schwinn 2pc drive shaft/ Western Flyer Freedom 2!
"HELL TO THE NAW! TO THE NAW NAW NAW!" The salt WILL flow

#477 2021-09-07 6:07pm

Luke Bongwater
Pro MemberBikes In The Cargo Hold
Signed up: 2015-10-29
Bikes: 4

sawdoff85 wrote:

Luke Bongwater wrote:

This is another one of my hobbies. This was my last reef tank. A very challenging 5.5 gallon Fluval Spec V with tons of upgrades.

Dude i love that. When my kids move out im going to get some fish, maybe a cool Tarantula. Very cool tank/fish

Thanks man smile I sold it before I moved back here because it was super hard to keep parameters right on it… little salt/reef tanks are notoriously hard to maintain but with the right equipment it can be done. That’s why most salt tanks you see are 100 gallon plus. So much easier and a wider variety of equipment you can use. This little guy had some serious upgrades to get it to look that healthy. I ran bigger reef tanks before but I was more proud of this little tank because the difficulty and challenge. In the end though I had to sell it because my daughter was born and I just didn’t have the time anymore…

What if it doesn't survive shipping? Its worth a lot to me… The PayPal will compensate you, if it’s lost!! 💀🚀💰🪐

#478 2021-09-07 7:47pm

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami

Luke Bongwater wrote:

sawdoff85 wrote:

Luke Bongwater wrote:

Thanks man smile I sold it before I moved back here because it was super hard to keep parameters right on it… little salt/reef tanks are notoriously hard to maintain but with the right equipment it can be done. That’s why most salt tanks you see are 100 gallon plus. So much easier and a wider variety of equipment you can use. This little guy had some serious upgrades to get it to look that healthy. I ran bigger reef tanks before but I was more proud of this little tank because the difficulty and challenge. In the end though I had to sell it because my daughter was born and I just didn’t have the time anymore…

Youre welcome. Ive heard those can be difficult, a bit finicky. Ive only had goldfish in the past. Great tank setup again, a work of art in my opinion.

You know who you are.
Always looking for old promo bikes: rc cola, sprite, slush puppy, 7-11 etc. Dept store bikes as well.  Iso: schwinn 2pc drive shaft/ Western Flyer Freedom 2!

#479 2021-09-07 7:53pm

Luke Bongwater

That means a lot to hear honestly smile it is a really beautiful hobby but very involved… I have been on the lookout for a fish only salt setup for a 20 gallon long. I think I could handle that. Maybe a pair of clowns with some nice Fiji live rock 🪨

Last edited by Luke Bongwater (2021-09-07 8:12pm)

What if it doesn't survive shipping? Its worth a lot to me… The PayPal will compensate you, if it’s lost!! 💀🚀💰🪐

#480 2021-09-07 8:19pm

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami

Luke Bongwater wrote:

That means a lot to hear honestly smile it is a really beautiful hobby but very involved… I have been on the lookout for a fish only salt setup for a 20 gallon long. I think I could handle that. Maybe a pair of clowns with some nice Fiji live rock 🪨

Oh man that would rock!

You know who you are.

#481 2021-09-07 8:23pm

Luke Bongwater

Lol it’s the only hobby of mine that is dormant other than archery… I have been itching for a tank the last few months 🤔

#482 2021-09-07 8:38pm

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami

Luke Bongwater wrote:

Lol it’s the only hobby of mine that is dormant other than archery… I have been itching for a tank the last few months 🤔

I just picked archery back up myself. Got a 40lb pse promax 62 recurve breakdown. I LOVE it. Also got my eldest son an adjustable compound, a tomcat 2 by Barnett.  Its a good beginner bow. Hitting the bullseye is so satisfying.

Last edited by sawdoff85 (2021-09-07 8:44pm)

You know who you are.

#483 2021-09-07 8:46pm

Luke Bongwater

sawdoff85 wrote:

Luke Bongwater wrote:

I just picked archery back up myself. Got a 40lb pse promax 62 recurve breakdown. I LOVE it. Also got my eldest son an adjustable compound, a tomcat 2 by Barnett.  Its a good beginner bow. Hitting the bullseye is so satisfying.

Awesome! I love recurve bows! So much fun! I had a 1976 or 78 Bear Kodiak that was just sexy as hell smile I went to the PSE factory when I lived in a Tucson all the time smile very nice shop and range. I have a 2001 Bear Epic Extreme that was my grandfather’s before he died. I re stringed it and have it sitting in a case ready to be decked out but haven’t gotten around to it hmm maybe when fall comes around I will hook it up. It’s an older bow but was the first compound to offer 80 percent let off and cost damn near 800 bucks back in 2001 lol… plus sentimental value. The new bows out now are freaking wild! Darton up in Hale Mi makes some really nice bows nowadays I heard as well! I will get it out tomorrow and throw pics up of how it sits. I cleaned it up nice and oiled up the cam along with the new string. I only do 40 or 45 pounds as well… I never seen the need for the higher poundage… it tears up arrows to shit and is really unnecessary… all you need is 40 lbs to drop a deer. My grandfather used to pull almost 100 lbs till he jacked his shoulder up. Seen some crazy shit with failed releases and holes through the back of our garage and sailed arrows in urban areas 🤣 luckily nobody was killed… But could you imagine cutting your lawn and having a carbon arrow land 2 feet from you 😬

Last edited by Luke Bongwater (2021-09-07 9:08pm)

#484 2021-09-07 8:57pm

Paul Bazerolle
Pro Member
Signed up: 2016-09-11
For Sale: 6

Djing smile
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/236438/img_20210729_12190261383492f2.jpg
Old School House Music wink

#485 2021-09-08 12:10am

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami

Paul Bazerolle wrote:

Djing smile
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 3492f2.jpg
Old School House Music wink

cool

You know who you are.

#486 2021-09-08 12:12am

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami

Luke Bongwater wrote:

sawdoff85 wrote:

Luke Bongwater wrote:

Awesome! I love recurve bows! So much fun! I had a 1976 or 78 Bear Kodiak that was just sexy as hell smile I went to the PSE factory when I lived in a Tucson all the time smile very nice shop and range. I have a 2001 Bear Epic Extreme that was my grandfather’s before he died. I re stringed it and have it sitting in a case ready to be decked out but haven’t gotten around to it hmm maybe when fall comes around I will hook it up. It’s an older bow but was the first compound to offer 80 percent let off and cost damn near 800 bucks back in 2001 lol… plus sentimental value. The new bows out now are freaking wild! Darton up in Hale Mi makes some really nice bows nowadays I heard as well! I will get it out tomorrow and throw pics up of how it sits. I cleaned it up nice and oiled up the cam along with the new string. I only do 40 or 45 pounds as well… I never seen the need for the higher poundage… it tears up arrows to shit and is really unnecessary… all you need is 40 lbs to drop a deer. My grandfather used to pull almost 100 lbs till he jacked his shoulder up. Seen some crazy shit with failed releases and holes through the back of our garage and sailed arrows in urban areas 🤣 luckily nobody was killed… But could you imagine cutting your lawn and having a carbon arrow land 2 feet from you 😬

Holy crap 100lbs is way more than id want. Id shit my pants if an arrow whizzed by me outta left field while mowing the lawn. What i did next would depend on whether or not i wore my brown pants that day lol!

You know who you are.

#487 2021-09-08 5:08am

Luke Bongwater

sawdoff85 wrote:

Luke Bongwater wrote:

sawdoff85 wrote:

Holy crap 100lbs is way more than id want. Id shit my pants if an arrow whizzed by me outta left field while mowing the lawn. What i did next would depend on whether or not i wore my brown pants that day lol!

Lmao! Yeah I have no idea where it came down. He was pulling it back the release failed and the arrow was gone. At a 100 pounds who the hell knows how far it went lol. Probably landed in someone’s roof or car lol needless to say the target practice and paper tuning stopped in the city after that one 😂

#488 2021-09-08 12:31pm

Luke Bongwater

Dug it out today. Makes me wanna build it up with some nice stuff and tune it smile

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/224874/4f65efb5-54e8-4259-88c7-2b7764d96d9c61390f95ee.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/224874/abc12079-3851-45d0-b1cb-4373fda48e5361390f94e1.jpeg

#489 2021-09-08 1:27pm

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami

Luke Bongwater wrote:

Dug it out today. Makes me wanna build it up with some nice stuff and tune it smile

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … f95ee.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … f94e1.jpeg

Oh brother the stain on that grip is gorgeous. Beautiful bow, youve got great taste. Tune that bad boy up!

Last edited by sawdoff85 (2021-09-08 1:28pm)

You know who you are.

#490 2021-09-08 1:58pm

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/215753/20210908_154450613922bd1d.jpg
Theres a quick shot of my pse. I finally got it sighted in, its good for 20, 35 and 50 ft now. Its about time for a new target though, ive been using dull target heads on a target meant for 25lb or lower bows for months now. Really a testament to the quality of the target imo. Im going out to shoot today with my son, ill post some pix. Ive become partial to aluminum easton arrows, they are so nice for the $.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/215753/20210908_1544336139251bbe.jpg

Last edited by sawdoff85 (2021-09-08 2:03pm)

You know who you are.

#491 2021-09-08 2:24pm

Luke Bongwater

sawdoff85 wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 22bd1d.jpg
Theres a quick shot of my pse. I finally got it sighted in, its good for 20, 35 and 50 ft now. Its about time for a new target though, ive been using dull target heads on a target meant for 25lb or lower bows for months now. Really a testament to the quality of the target imo. Im going out to shoot today with my son, ill post some pix. Ive become partial to aluminum easton arrows, they are so nice for the $.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 251bbe.jpg

Man I love it! I like the aluminum arrows for recurve as well. I like the Trophy Ridge stuff too. That’s the brand I wanna use for mine. That and a couple limb saver pieces. Great brand in my opinion. Enjoy the shooting man smile

Last edited by Luke Bongwater (2021-09-08 2:30pm)

#492 2021-09-08 3:04pm

Luke Bongwater

Also found a few images of the recurve that I use to have. Turns out it was a 76 Kodiak Hunter smile green stain and just felt like an elegant bow.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/224874/73be5a67-736f-4df0-9138-215773707c3e61393310e9.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/224874/00c2d50c-2c5a-4efe-9804-f009f23cd2bf6139331171.png

#493 2021-09-08 3:06pm

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami

Luke Bongwater wrote:

Also found a few images of the recurve that I use to have. Turns out it was a 76 Kodiak Hunter smile green stain and just felt like an elegant bow.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 3310e9.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 331171.png

Holy wow THAT is a bow!

You know who you are.

#494 2021-09-08 5:05pm

Luke Bongwater

sawdoff85 wrote:

Luke Bongwater wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 3310e9.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 331171.png

Holy wow THAT is a bow!

Recurves are real archery… I do love the compounds though smile

#495 2021-09-08 5:18pm

2turbofords
Pro Member
Signed up: 2020-02-09
For Sale: 4

Got a few aquariums here too, and a handful of reptiles, mostly snakes lizards and tarantulas. Mostly collect used car  licence plates, one from every state. I have only a few to go to complete my wall in the garage. Also been gathering plumeria flower plants over the years.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/270850/img_20210107_160644035613952d0db.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/270850/img_20210906_0943068296139515562.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/270850/img_20210906_1128163796139517286.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/270850/img_20200713_155412992613952212a.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/270850/img_20210514_1706548856139526187.jpg

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you want to hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences. Spray and pray.

#496 2021-09-08 5:22pm

Luke Bongwater

2turbofords wrote:

Got a few aquariums here too, and a handful of reptiles, mostly snakes lizards and tarantulas. Mostly collect used car  licence plates, one from every state. I have only a few to go to complete my wall in the garage. Also been gathering plumeria flower plants over the years.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 52d0db.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 515562.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 517286.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 52212a.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 526187.jpg

Love the Koi pond and the planted tanks! Very nice setup smile do you use C02 with the tanks?

Last edited by Luke Bongwater (2021-09-08 5:32pm)

#497 2021-09-08 5:42pm

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami

2turbofords wrote:

Got a few aquariums here too, and a handful of reptiles, mostly snakes lizards and tarantulas. Mostly collect used car  licence plates, one from every state. I have only a few to go to complete my wall in the garage. Also been gathering plumeria flower plants over the years.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 52d0db.jpg

Very cool man, i cant wait to get into a house so i can buld a nice pond. They add a great feeling to the environment/atmosphere of a home.

You know who you are.

#498 2021-09-08 8:40pm

2turbofords
Pro Member
Signed up: 2020-02-09
For Sale: 4

sawdoff85 wrote:

2turbofords wrote:

Very cool man, i cant wait to get into a house so i can buld a nice pond. They add a great feeling to the environment/atmosphere of a home.

No CO2 here, just keep an eye on water changes, and I use water from the koi pond for all my indoor tanks so it's got lots of nutrients in it. Thanks for the compliments!  I also use the water from the koi pond to fertilize my veggies in the garden once a week when I backwash the filters. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/270850/img_20210811_184041834_hdr61398214e4.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/270850/img_20210811_1840025856139823065.jpg

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you want to hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences. Spray and pray.

#499 2021-09-08 8:47pm

sawdoff85
Pro MemberFontino Salami

2turbofords wrote:

sawdoff85 wrote:

2turbofords wrote:

No CO2 here, just keep an eye on water changes, and I use water from the koi pond for all my indoor tanks so it's got lots of nutrients in it. Thanks for the compliments!  I also use the water from the koi pond to fertilize my veggies in the garden once a week when I backwash the filters. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 8214e4.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 823065.jpg

Fish water is awesome. Ive always loved setting up a nice aquaponic flood and drain.

You know who you are.

#500 2021-09-14 5:37am

Luke Bongwater

All this talk of tanks has me looking to build. Gonna do some research on a good little tank with an overflow setup and see what I can come up with… saltwater or fresh 🤔

Board footer