You are not logged in.

How To Upload Your Bike Photos

#1 2007-06-02 6:52pm

nate
Site Guru
Bikes: 2
Website

How To Upload Your Bike Photos

If you're having problems submitting a bike (it might appear to just hang forever), or your photos just aren't working, here are some common things to check:

• Make sure the photo is a jpg (not pdf, tif, bmp, ico, swf, psd, raw, etc..) and it's usually good to have no spaces or weird characters in the filename (like ?#!,'@  .. etc), and it ends with .jpg. For example: my-hot-pk-ripper-01.jpg, my-hot-pk-ripper-02.jpg, etc
  • Keep the photos to a reasonable size, 2400px wide should be ok, and under 2mb is best. You can do this on Windows very easily by right-clicking the photos and selecting Resize. On a Mac you can use Preview. You can also use any number of free apps, just search around for "image resizing" and make the server happy by helping it out.
  • Make sure the photos are on your computer, not on the web. If your photo is online already, right-click on the image and select "Save Image As..." (or equivalent), then save it to your Desktop. Now, when you go to submit your bike, click the "Browse..." button by Bike Image #1 and find the photo on your Desktop. (Make sure to resize your photos if they're larger than 2400px wide before uploading! See step #1)

Feel free to post questions here, and we'll try to help you figure it out.

#2 2007-08-16 12:34am

nate
Site Guru
Website

Re: How To Upload Your Bike Photos

OK, some new features just added to the site: if you are logged in and you are viewing your bikes (/bikes/user/your_user_id), you can now see your Pending Bikes. You can change photos, edit text, or delete* your pending bikes before it is approved on the site by the admins.

I'll send out an email to the admins also, but this means we shouldn't see the Skull + "No Image" bikes any more.. users can edit their bikes and get their photo uploading squared away before the bike is shown to the public.

The new features haven't been severely tested, so please shoot me an email if you see any glitches.

* Yes, I fixed the ability for users to delete their own bikes.
** I also fixed the feedback that shows when you add/edit/delete yr bikes. I hadn't notice it wasn't working until now.

#3 2007-11-25 9:38am

gavs
Centurion Member
Bikes: 41

Whats up? I am having a problem everytime I go the bike submit forum, my computer say's error on that page, and the photos never upload to site! all of the other photo forums on the site work for me, why not this forum , any ideas?

#4 2007-11-25 9:44am

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Bikes: 12
Website

try reducing the size of your photos a bit.  also, this site works really well with Firefox browser.

"HOME OF THE FREE... BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!"

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'what a ride!'"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

#5 2008-01-11 1:47pm

CRUPIrĭv'ənSHINS
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 2

Hi Nate! I have found how other members can resize their pictures easily! Right click on the picture desired for resizing, A drop down menu appears, select open with, then open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Hit the picture tab at the top of Microsoft Office Picture Manager which will actiivate another drop down menu with resize picture on it. Select resize & to the right the page a box which reads resize settings appears. From here select predifined width x heigth, again use the arrow underneath predifined width x heigth which activates another dropdown menu in which you can select 800x600. Press OK on the  bottom of the resize settings box, your picture will be resized to 800x600. Close the Microsoft Office Picture Manager, another box appears in the middle which asks if you would like to SAVE. Select Save, finito! Time for successful upload! Good luck to the OS ARMY!!!!! SorryForTheRun-onSentences....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#6 2008-07-15 9:38pm

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Website

try making them a little smaller before submitting them.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'what a ride!'"

#7 2008-09-29 5:52am

calisplit
Centurion Member
Bikes: 30

having trouble editing one of my bikes that i want to add updated pics to, also having trouble adding pics of a new bike i want to submit, im doing every thing the same as before with my other submissions but not working! keeps telling me entity to large! the pics are the correct size that you have stated in the top of this post 800x600 and they are also jpg, plmk because its very frustrating! thanks for your time.smile

Old School Bmx Raffles On Facebook

#8 2008-11-16 8:56am

nate
Site Guru
Website

fr8 wrote:

i try to submit my bike many times  but cant..i dont knw why

("Connection Interrupted. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.")

how big are your bike images? it sounds like it's timing out while uploading. try reducing the size of the images (the first post in this thread has links), or just doing one image at a time. (you'll be able to edit your bike posting once you submit it.)

#9 2008-11-16 11:04am

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Website

admin looks at the submitted bikes to make sure you followed the rules, the photos are good, you have the correct info etc. 
sometimes they don't fit that criteria and they get deleted.

#10 2009-03-23 8:13pm

nate
Site Guru
Website

#11 2009-09-28 5:17pm

BMX_n_LA
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 8

question...how long does the reviewing take or how can i check the status of the review? i went over all the pic. details ie. jpg and are under 150k and all the c orrect #s have been entered,,,,,,,,,,

#12 2009-10-21 8:29am

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Website

try resizing your photos, making them smaller prior to submitting.

#13 2010-04-20 8:45am

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Website

hellmutt was controlling the bike submitting section and then stepped down.  Z took it over for a short period of time and then stepped down.  Gary, the owner of the site, i think is the only one that has the power to approve and is currently out of the country.  Might be a while before the museum bikes get sorted out.

#14 2010-08-06 9:03pm

Oldenbikes13

nate wrote:

I've noticed quite a few bikes coming in that have either missing or no photos. If you're having problems submitting a bike (it might appear to just hang forever), or your photos just aren't working, here are some common things to check:

1. Make sure the photo is a jpg (not pdf, tif, bmp, ico, swf, psd, raw, etc..) and it's usually good to have no spaces or weird characters in the filename (like ?#!,'@  .. etc), and it ends with .jpg. For example: my_hot_pk_ripper_1.jpg, my_hot_pk_ripper_2.jpg, etc

2. Keep the photos to a reasonable size, roughly 1024x768, 512k or less. You can do this on Windows very easily by right-clicking the photos and selecting Resize, see here for more in-depth info on this. On a Mac you can use an Automator workflow, iResizer (free download), or iPhoto. You can also use your camera's software or Photoshop or many other means (Google is your friend!), but it really helps all involved if you reduce your photos before uploading.

3. Make sure the photos are on your computer, not on the web. If your photo is online already, right-click on the image and select "Save Image As..." (or equivalent), then save it to your Desktop. Now, when you go to submit your bike, click the "Browse..." button by Bike Image #1 and find the photo on your Desktop. (Make sure to resize your photos if they're larger than 1024x768 before uploading! See step #1)

(If you need help on posting photos to the forums, my bro wrote a guide for this.)

#15 2010-10-04 11:26pm

thecavemanc

Thanks nate, I was having a hard time submitting my bike to the museum until I read this thread. I made the correction to my photos and it finally went through.
Thanks for this tip:

nate wrote:

I've noticed quite a few bikes coming in that have either missing or no photos. If you're having problems submitting a bike (it might appear to just hang forever), or your photos just aren't working, here are some common things to check:

1. Make sure the photo is a jpg (not pdf, tif, bmp, ico, swf, psd, raw, etc..) and it's usually good to have no spaces or weird characters in the filename (like ?#!,'@  .. etc), and it ends with .jpg. For example: my_hot_pk_ripper_1.jpg, my_hot_pk_ripper_2.jpg, etc

2. Keep the photos to a reasonable size, roughly 1024x768, 512k or less. You can do this on Windows very easily by right-clicking the photos and selecting Resize, see here for more in-depth info on this. On a Mac you can use an Automator workflow, iResizer (free download), or iPhoto. You can also use your camera's software or Photoshop or many other means (Google is your friend!), but it really helps all involved if you reduce your photos before uploading.

3. Make sure the photos are on your computer, not on the web. If your photo is online already, right-click on the image and select "Save Image As..." (or equivalent), then save it to your Desktop. Now, when you go to submit your bike, click the "Browse..." button by Bike Image #1 and find the photo on your Desktop. (Make sure to resize your photos if they're larger than 1024x768 before uploading! See step #1)

(If you need help on posting photos to the forums, my bro wrote a guide for this.)

Unga Bunga!

#16 2010-10-05 9:07pm

thecavemanc

I submitted a Pacific Sonus, based on another bike of the same make I was sure I had a 2000. But today I received this email from manufacturer.

Pacific Sonus Custom. serial number AV077761.
"Hello" thecavemanc,
[b]
"The Pacific Sonus is a 1999 model year 20" freestyle bike that was sold through Sears stores.

Thank you,
Dawn

Pacific Cycle Customer Service
Makers of:
Mongoose-Schwinn-Roadmaster-Pacific-Instep-KidTrax
Toll-Free:  1-800-626-2811
Fax:  1-800-858-2800
Hours: M-F 8am to 5pm

A Division of Dorel Industries"

Due to this revelation I have updated my submitted Title and model year, and will upload new pics as soon as I can get better ones. This is all my research yielded that I didn't already know about this bike.

Unga Bunga!

#17 2011-05-30 7:29pm

GAry
Owner/CuratorYes, I started this site!
Bikes: 444
For Sale: 44
Website

Drive Side shot means the side with the chainwheel, or "drive" gear. looking directly at the side of the bike.
Does that help? like most pics in the museum, trying to have a consistent look.

[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg/v1/fill/w_926,h_30,al_c,lg_1,q_80/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site Rules   Guide For New Members  Become a Pro Member  For Sale Section Rules  How to post picts
Yes, I started this website myself, way back in 1999, thanks for sharing my passion about BMX!!

#18 2011-07-04 3:31pm

Hawki
Museum Newbie

Not sure why, but while using the latest verstion of Internet Explorer my bike photos were not uploading correctly, but once I used Firefox my photos now seem to be going through?

#19 2011-09-16 12:35pm

Porkchopzz4
Banned
Bikes: 4

What about a "1024 x 768 photo size recommended to avoid uploading issues" warning on the actual form? Or on the page prior that gives all the details on submitting a bike?

I just tried 3 times to upload a bike... lost all my info all 3 times... (I did it in Notepad after the 2nd try to just copy and paste) - then I finally found this thread. Resized my photos and it worked fine...

#20 2011-10-21 2:14pm

holeshot420
Centurion Member

gavs wrote:

Whats up? I am having a problem everytime I go the bike submit forum, my computer say's error on that page, and the photos never upload to site! all of the other photo forums on the site work for me, why not this forum , any ideas?

try uploading them one or two at a time!!!!!!!big_smile

"Don't think twice, you only live once."

#21 2011-10-26 8:04pm

95GTPerformer

Are you able to upload on an iPad, because it does not give me an option to browse for pictures?

Thanks

Trying to find a decal set and clear GT grips for my 95 GT Performer in chrome!

#22 2011-12-08 8:39pm

LIVE TO RIDE
Pro Member
Bikes: 25

What the hell!!!!!!????????Ive submitted my bike 3 times and the pictures are normal size,I click off of it to go to my posts then I go back to my bikes and the pictures are micro small!!It says needs help pics way too small.I resized them the exact same size as my other 2 bikes in the museum whats going on?

Last edited by LIVE TO RIDE (2011-12-08 8:39pm)

Momma Says "bikes Are The Devil !!"

NEVER TURN DOWN A CHANCE TO LIVE

#23 2011-12-19 9:12am

dts123
Pro Member
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 2

For some reason I can see my bike when i am logged in, but when I am logged out it doesn't show the first picture?
any ideas? its the 1987 General

Was Looking for an RL20ii...Was looking for a master or sport.  Now looking for a Trickstar.

#24 2012-03-02 5:24pm

dansGT's
Centurion Member
Bikes: 10

pics done why cant they be verified, this site is such a pain in the awesome bike tho! du

wanted  british bmx's bits frames anything

#25 2012-03-03 3:49pm

zreyna2007
Museum Newbie

1998 GT Bicycles Gt Series All Original

Board footer