Funky-Monk
Centurion Member
Bikes: 16

1985 Raleigh Styler

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/84_styler.jpg

1985 Raleigh Styler

From the "Burner" range of bikes

Now parted out.
Scored for me by my dad v cheap as donor bike at a local car boot sale as parts on it wanted for other projects. The Stylers are not very sought after bikes, despite being identical to the MK2 Raleigh Burners, which are very popular here in the UK.
Had some very nice original parts, all in almost "mint" condition including Gold Suntour Power Stem, gold Sugino chainring, sugino cranks and spider, Gold SR Aluminium pedals, Good Aeroyal seat with all decals still present. I don't think this bike had much use.
Frame, forks and bars and majority of spec identical to most other "standard" MK2 Burner's. This one is unusual as it has the "R" cut outs in rear drop outs, as MK2 burners.  I'm told most styler frames did not have these. Main tubes are Cro-Mo. I also heard that Raleigh re-marketed the MK2 burner as "Styler" from '85 to boost sales and cash in on the growing craze for freestyle bikes in the mid to late 80's, but chose not to invest in any new tooling or frame set to keep production costs low.
Picture shows bike with 70's cast Aluminium Lester mags, I put these on as the bike was missing the original rear gold Araya wheel when I got it.

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Take time to play..... It's the secret of perpetual youth!

#2 2010-02-01 9:50am

J-TRISTEN

Re: 1985 Raleigh Styler

the Aluminium mag wheels look awsome on it you should of stayed with that design something differant from the standard burner.
the good old car boot hey shame everyone now has the same idea personally getting up at 5am on a sunday not my thing sometimes im still trying to find my way home from saturday night at that time!

#3 2010-02-01 12:45pm

Funky-Monk
Centurion Member

Hey, thanks, the Raliegh mags look very similar in profile to the Lesters, they were not really in keeping as hey are late 70's and have a rear coatser hub. Did look good on it though. I have other plans for the Lesters, & I have a yellow set too.... Will get round to putting up more recent pics soon, I'm still looking for the missing gold brake lever, then it's done. Mark

#4 2010-03-06 9:16am

Funky-Monk
Centurion Member

Bike now parted out, using the parts on some other builds soon.....

#5 2012-05-26 10:33pm

emailejunk
Museum Newbie

Wish I had this bike when I was a kid, cool wheels!

Board footer

View Cart →