You are not logged in.

2004 S&M RV 24

#1 2009-06-22 7:28pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

2004 S&M RV 24

https://bmxmuseum.com//image/rvfixx5e5957c0dc1bd.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/full_bike_copy3.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/brake_copy4.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/drive_train_copy1.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/tensioner.jpg

2004 S&M RV 24

2004 S&M RV cruiser picked up off of eBay and customized to what I like.

This is my second cruiser and the first one I've built for myself. It started with the 2004 S&M RV cruiser frame and many parts picked up off of eBay then personalized with many great parts.
My first was a 2007 DK Charger which was and is still very nice. I think it is a bit small as this S&M feels much roomier and better.


http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#2 2009-06-22 8:14pm

Immortis
Museum Addict
From: Gulfcoast, TX
Registered: 2009-01-17
Posts: 2767
Bikes: 4
Website
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Beautiful RV!! Not as cool as mine... but hey... not everyone can be THAT cool!

Glad you finally moved to the S&M camp!


Dig out your bashguard bikes and let me know! I'm looking for a '91 Mongoose Hooligan, Dyno Slammer 2, '95 Haro Basher, . I'll consider the others too for the right price!

Offline

 

#3 2009-06-22 8:34pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Immortis wrote:

Beautiful RV!! Not as cool as mine... but hey... not everyone can be THAT cool!

Glad you finally moved to the S&M camp!

So you have me on cranks and seat, but I think I make up for it w/the Paul's brake set.

It is close, but I couldn't ride a 30t chainring!!

Your bike is nice, and I am swapping some stuff to make mine better as we speak. Well, since we are not speaking...

I have some parts on the way.


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#4 2009-06-22 8:43pm

Detroit Dirt Bikes
Museum Addict
From: Hyperspace
Registered: 2008-10-14
Posts: 1740
Bikes: 8
Website
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Saweeeeet!  That frame is so killer, it doesn't care what parts are on it.  It's the geometry that makes it smooooth! big_smile


11:11

Offline

 

#5 2009-06-22 8:59pm

Immortis
Museum Addict
From: Gulfcoast, TX
Registered: 2009-01-17
Posts: 2767
Bikes: 4
Website
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

muphasta wrote:

Immortis wrote:

Beautiful RV!! Not as cool as mine... but hey... not everyone can be THAT cool!

Glad you finally moved to the S&M camp!

So you have me on cranks and seat, but I think I make up for it w/the Paul's brake set.

It is close, but I couldn't ride a 30t chainring!!

Your bike is nice, and I am swapping some stuff to make mine better as we speak. Well, since we are not speaking...

I have some parts on the way.

Nah... just messing with ya! I really wanted a white RV originally, but my black one showed up and I had to jump on it!
I've swapped out the seat lately due to finding a S&M embossed thin seat that will allow me to ride without wearing the shield print off of the other one. I have also swapped out my PA's for some FIT cranks for the moment. They will go back on, but I did it when I was searching for that popping noise.

You do have me on the breaks though... gotta give you that one. I didn't spend the cash to buy them... was in such a hurry to get it riding that I went cheap on those.
Great looking bike though!


Dig out your bashguard bikes and let me know! I'm looking for a '91 Mongoose Hooligan, Dyno Slammer 2, '95 Haro Basher, . I'll consider the others too for the right price!

Offline

 

#6 2009-06-22 9:18pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Immortis wrote:

muphasta wrote:

Immortis wrote:

Beautiful RV!! Not as cool as mine... but hey... not everyone can be THAT cool!

Glad you finally moved to the S&M camp!

So you have me on cranks and seat, but I think I make up for it w/the Paul's brake set.

It is close, but I couldn't ride a 30t chainring!!

Your bike is nice, and I am swapping some stuff to make mine better as we speak. Well, since we are not speaking...

I have some parts on the way.

Nah... just messing with ya! I really wanted a white RV originally, but my black one showed up and I had to jump on it!
I've swapped out the seat lately due to finding a S&M embossed thin seat that will allow me to ride without wearing the shield print off of the other one. I have also swapped out my PA's for some FIT cranks for the moment. They will go back on, but I did it when I was searching for that popping noise.

You do have me on the breaks though... gotta give you that one. I didn't spend the cash to buy them... was in such a hurry to get it riding that I went cheap on those.
Great looking bike though!

Would you believe that I got them for $60 for the lever and brakes? Well, it was a black lever and red brake but I swapped it out for the wife's bike. She needed a lever and I love love levers so I splurged and kept the red one for me and gave her the matching black one.

I was hoping to get a really cool crank set, but for the price I couldn't beat the FMFs. I'd love to find some red anno cranks, but I don't think I'll spend any money on a set.

I've got a Thin seat on the way, and I'll either swap out the grips for the regular or lock on S&M grips. I need a 1.75 rear tire too. I have 2 extra 1.85s and I find that I can't get them far enough up into the stays for my liking.

I have a buddy searching out an all over shield Race XLT stem. He's getting me some S&M bar ends too.

The bike felt great on yesterday's 5 mile ride, on which I was towing my 1 year old!!!


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#7 2009-06-22 9:23pm

Immortis
Museum Addict
From: Gulfcoast, TX
Registered: 2009-01-17
Posts: 2767
Bikes: 4
Website
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

I'm pretty sure my LBS has one of the all over shield XLT's... I have to go by there tomorrow anyway, want me to look for ya?

I have the S&M logo grips with the bar tabs (I think they are called that). They are a little thinner than I usually like, but they are nice and soft... great grip.

The FMF cranks are a great price... but since I had the PA's... it was only natural. They will eventually be on my Widowmaker though, they seem to fit that generation more than the RV. Plus, I'd rather not break them... so the Widowmaker won't be rode nearly as much and would be safer for them.

Really cool that you picked it up and enjoy it! The RV has probably the best geometry that I've ever had... super smooth.


Dig out your bashguard bikes and let me know! I'm looking for a '91 Mongoose Hooligan, Dyno Slammer 2, '95 Haro Basher, . I'll consider the others too for the right price!

Offline

 

#8 2009-06-22 11:51pm

xxxzeemoneyxxx
Cocktailz and Dreamz
From: Nor-Cal/Bay Area
Registered: 2009-01-16
Posts: 582
Bikes: 18
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Very NICE Build!!! I was bidding on that one, I like what you've done with it.smilesmilesmile


Cheeeeoooooooowwwww!!!!

Offline

 

#9 2009-06-23 7:08am

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Immortis wrote:

I'm pretty sure my LBS has one of the all over shield XLT's... I have to go by there tomorrow anyway, want me to look for ya?

I have the S&M logo grips with the bar tabs (I think they are called that). They are a little thinner than I usually like, but they are nice and soft... great grip.

The FMF cranks are a great price... but since I had the PA's... it was only natural. They will eventually be on my Widowmaker though, they seem to fit that generation more than the RV. Plus, I'd rather not break them... so the Widowmaker won't be rode nearly as much and would be safer for them.

Really cool that you picked it up and enjoy it! The RV has probably the best geometry that I've ever had... super smooth.

Is it the Redneck or the Race stem?

Regardless I think I'll pass. I unfortunately have $4k in car repairs coming down the pipe. My buddy's can get me one through his shop if they are available. Oh well.

Thanks though!


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#10 2009-06-23 7:09am

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

xxxzeemoneyxxx wrote:

Very NICE Build!!! I was bidding on that one, I like what you've done with it.smilesmilesmile

Thanks! But are you sure it is the same one? I hit a BIN on the bay. It was previously listed as an auction, but the winning bidder flaked from what the seller said.


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#11 2009-06-23 3:08pm

xxxzeemoneyxxx
Cocktailz and Dreamz
From: Nor-Cal/Bay Area
Registered: 2009-01-16
Posts: 582
Bikes: 18
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

muphasta wrote:

xxxzeemoneyxxx wrote:

Very NICE Build!!! I was bidding on that one, I like what you've done with it.smilesmilesmile

Thanks! But are you sure it is the same one? I hit a BIN on the bay. It was previously listed as an auction, but the winning bidder flaked from what the seller said.

The frame looks very similiar love the white with the mini s&m logos in the decals. Looks like flames from a distance CLEAN!!!!!


Cheeeeoooooooowwwww!!!!

Offline

 

#12 2009-06-23 3:17pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

xxxzeemoneyxxx wrote:

muphasta wrote:

xxxzeemoneyxxx wrote:

Very NICE Build!!! I was bidding on that one, I like what you've done with it.smilesmilesmile

Thanks! But are you sure it is the same one? I hit a BIN on the bay. It was previously listed as an auction, but the winning bidder flaked from what the seller said.

The frame looks very similiar love the white with the mini s&m logos in the decals. Looks like flames from a distance CLEAN!!!!!

Was the one you were after the one w/the silver Redline bars, no brakes, and no cranks?

If so, this was probably it.

Thanks for the compliments.

I love it so far!!


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#13 2009-06-23 4:52pm

xxxzeemoneyxxx
Cocktailz and Dreamz
From: Nor-Cal/Bay Area
Registered: 2009-01-16
Posts: 582
Bikes: 18
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Yeah I pretty sure that was it I didn't want to put up as much as you did because I had already picked up a 1997 Santa Cruz Jackal around the same time. If you ever want to sell you know who to talk to.


Cheeeeoooooooowwwww!!!!

Offline

 

#14 2009-06-23 5:29pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Get in line!!!

I've been wanting an S&M ever since looking at this web site. I'm fairly new to BMX and I haven't seen a product from them that hasn't been at least interesting!!


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#15 2009-06-25 7:01am

Deacon
"big balls in cow town"
From: Canada
Registered: 2008-08-31
Posts: 4204
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Nice bike!  Love the "bag."


Hi ten steel 4 life!

Offline

 

#16 2009-06-25 7:37am

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Deacon wrote:

Nice bike!  Love the "bag."

Thanks! It is for douche's that I carry for you! lol

Since I was cruising w/the wife, I had to have a place for her keys, my wallet, my millions of Turkish Lira...


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#17 2012-02-12 9:26am

77stroker2
Pro MemberThread Killer
From: MODESTO,CA
Registered: 2010-03-04
Posts: 5740
Bikes: 8
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

I Can't Wait Until The Day I Get A 24' S&M ! I Want One Bad,And Hope Mine Is As Sick As Yours ! Instant Flavor ! big_smile


Ken=The Number 1 Poser !
Desert Storm Vet. US Navy FC2  ( 1986-1991 )

Left Old Junk ( I Mean Old School)  For New School! Love "THE DARK SIDE"!
As Craig Ferguson Would Say," I Look Forward To Your Hate Mail " !
[img]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/shitmyrompers/Modern%20Muscle%20Cars/aaf1aff9-d865-45cf-b141-8ba083757654_zps8a8fc026.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#18 2013-01-13 5:28pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

updated the pix


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#19 2015-04-22 5:18pm

Legendofjd3
Pro MemberWeight Weenie
From: USA
Registered: 2010-01-07
Posts: 2456
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Love it!! Looks great and it seems like it would be light.

The way those brakes are dialed in makes me cringe a bit (a lot) though. smile


Titanium

Offline

 

#20 2015-04-23 12:29pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Legendofjd3 wrote:

Love it!! Looks great and it seems like it would be light.

The way those brakes are dialed in makes me cringe a bit (a lot) though. smile

The brakes aren't as bad as they appear in the pic, I took the pic before getting them totally squared away. There is still a little dip in the cable between the arms, not sure if I need a shorter or longer cable from the frame to the noodle to take care of that, but they stop amazingly and I don't really care how they look, as long as they work as they are supposed to.


It weighs in at just over 26 pounds.


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

#21 2017-06-22 2:51pm

RadicalNick
Retired ODSY HRDR
From: North Cackalacky
Registered: 2011-09-25
Posts: 16535
Bikes: 14
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

That sucker is dripping with cool parts. yikes


44t BMX Club - NC Chapter

"Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential. But it was the the minds of 11 year olds that could see that potential."
Craig Stecyk - Skateboarder Magazine - 1975

Offline

 

#22 2017-06-22 4:51pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
From: Santee, CA
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 7992
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

RadicalNick wrote:

That sucker is dripping with cool parts. yikes

Now in the hands of another member!


Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

Offline

 

Board footer