You are not logged in.

2004 S&M RV 24

#1 2009-06-22 7:28pm

muphasta
Pro Tester
Bikes: 7

2004 S&M RV 24

https://bmxmuseum.com//image/rvfixx5e5957c0dc1bd.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/full_bike_copy3.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/brake_copy4.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/drive_train_copy1.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/tensioner.jpg

2004 S&M RV 24

2004 S&M RV cruiser picked up off of eBay and customized to what I like.

This is my second cruiser and the first one I've built for myself. It started with the 2004 S&M RV cruiser frame and many parts picked up off of eBay then personalized with many great parts.
My first was a 2007 DK Charger which was and is still very nice. I think it is a bit small as this S&M feels much roomier and better.

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Amateur vajazzler seeking clients

#2 2009-06-22 8:14pm

Immortis
Museum Addict
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: 2004 S&M RV 24

Beautiful RV!! Not as cool as mine... but hey... not everyone can be THAT cool!

Glad you finally moved to the S&M camp!

Dig out your bashguard bikes and let me know! I'm looking for a '91 Mongoose Hooligan, Dyno Slammer 2, '95 Haro Basher, . I'll consider the others too for the right price!

#3 2009-06-22 8:34pm

muphasta
Pro Tester

Immortis wrote:

So you have me on cranks and seat, but I think I make up for it w/the Paul's brake set.

It is close, but I couldn't ride a 30t chainring!!

Your bike is nice, and I am swapping some stuff to make mine better as we speak. Well, since we are not speaking...

I have some parts on the way.

#4 2009-06-22 8:43pm

Detroit Dirt Bikes
Museum Addict
Bikes: 8
Website

Saweeeeet!  That frame is so killer, it doesn't care what parts are on it.  It's the geometry that makes it smooooth! big_smile

11:11

#5 2009-06-22 8:59pm

Immortis
Museum Addict
Website

muphasta wrote:

Immortis wrote:

So you have me on cranks and seat, but I think I make up for it w/the Paul's brake set.

Your bike is nice, and I am swapping some stuff to make mine better as we speak. Well, since we are not speaking...

Nah... just messing with ya! I really wanted a white RV originally, but my black one showed up and I had to jump on it!
I've swapped out the seat lately due to finding a S&M embossed thin seat that will allow me to ride without wearing the shield print off of the other one. I have also swapped out my PA's for some FIT cranks for the moment. They will go back on, but I did it when I was searching for that popping noise.

You do have me on the breaks though... gotta give you that one. I didn't spend the cash to buy them... was in such a hurry to get it riding that I went cheap on those.
Great looking bike though!

Dig out your bashguard bikes and let me know! I'm looking for a '91 Mongoose Hooligan, Dyno Slammer 2, '95 Haro Basher, . I'll consider the others too for the right price!

#6 2009-06-22 9:18pm

muphasta
Pro Tester

Immortis wrote:

muphasta wrote:

Immortis wrote:

Nah... just messing with ya! I really wanted a white RV originally, but my black one showed up and I had to jump on it!
I've swapped out the seat lately due to finding a S&M embossed thin seat that will allow me to ride without wearing the shield print off of the other one. I have also swapped out my PA's for some FIT cranks for the moment. They will go back on, but I did it when I was searching for that popping noise.

You do have me on the breaks though... gotta give you that one. I didn't spend the cash to buy them... was in such a hurry to get it riding that I went cheap on those.
Great looking bike though!

Would you believe that I got them for $60 for the lever and brakes? Well, it was a black lever and red brake but I swapped it out for the wife's bike. She needed a lever and I love love levers so I splurged and kept the red one for me and gave her the matching black one.

I was hoping to get a really cool crank set, but for the price I couldn't beat the FMFs. I'd love to find some red anno cranks, but I don't think I'll spend any money on a set.

I've got a Thin seat on the way, and I'll either swap out the grips for the regular or lock on S&M grips. I need a 1.75 rear tire too. I have 2 extra 1.85s and I find that I can't get them far enough up into the stays for my liking.

I have a buddy searching out an all over shield Race XLT stem. He's getting me some S&M bar ends too.

The bike felt great on yesterday's 5 mile ride, on which I was towing my 1 year old!!!

#7 2009-06-22 9:23pm

Immortis
Museum Addict
Website

I'm pretty sure my LBS has one of the all over shield XLT's... I have to go by there tomorrow anyway, want me to look for ya?

I have the S&M logo grips with the bar tabs (I think they are called that). They are a little thinner than I usually like, but they are nice and soft... great grip.

The FMF cranks are a great price... but since I had the PA's... it was only natural. They will eventually be on my Widowmaker though, they seem to fit that generation more than the RV. Plus, I'd rather not break them... so the Widowmaker won't be rode nearly as much and would be safer for them.

Really cool that you picked it up and enjoy it! The RV has probably the best geometry that I've ever had... super smooth.

#8 2009-06-22 11:51pm

xxxzeemoneyxxx
Cocktailz and Dreamz
Bikes: 18

Very NICE Build!!! I was bidding on that one, I like what you've done with it.smilesmilesmile

Cheeeeoooooooowwwww!!!!

#9 2009-06-23 7:08am

muphasta
Pro Tester

Immortis wrote:

I'm pretty sure my LBS has one of the all over shield XLT's... I have to go by there tomorrow anyway, want me to look for ya?

I have the S&M logo grips with the bar tabs (I think they are called that). They are a little thinner than I usually like, but they are nice and soft... great grip.

The FMF cranks are a great price... but since I had the PA's... it was only natural. They will eventually be on my Widowmaker though, they seem to fit that generation more than the RV. Plus, I'd rather not break them... so the Widowmaker won't be rode nearly as much and would be safer for them.

Really cool that you picked it up and enjoy it! The RV has probably the best geometry that I've ever had... super smooth.

Is it the Redneck or the Race stem?

Regardless I think I'll pass. I unfortunately have $4k in car repairs coming down the pipe. My buddy's can get me one through his shop if they are available. Oh well.

Thanks though!

#10 2009-06-23 7:09am

muphasta
Pro Tester

xxxzeemoneyxxx wrote:

Very NICE Build!!! I was bidding on that one, I like what you've done with it.smilesmilesmile

Thanks! But are you sure it is the same one? I hit a BIN on the bay. It was previously listed as an auction, but the winning bidder flaked from what the seller said.

#11 2009-06-23 3:08pm

xxxzeemoneyxxx
Cocktailz and Dreamz

muphasta wrote:

xxxzeemoneyxxx wrote:

Thanks! But are you sure it is the same one? I hit a BIN on the bay. It was previously listed as an auction, but the winning bidder flaked from what the seller said.

The frame looks very similiar love the white with the mini s&m logos in the decals. Looks like flames from a distance CLEAN!!!!!

Cheeeeoooooooowwwww!!!!

#12 2009-06-23 3:17pm

muphasta
Pro Tester

xxxzeemoneyxxx wrote:

muphasta wrote:

xxxzeemoneyxxx wrote:

The frame looks very similiar love the white with the mini s&m logos in the decals. Looks like flames from a distance CLEAN!!!!!

Was the one you were after the one w/the silver Redline bars, no brakes, and no cranks?

If so, this was probably it.

Thanks for the compliments.

I love it so far!!

#13 2009-06-23 4:52pm

xxxzeemoneyxxx
Cocktailz and Dreamz

Yeah I pretty sure that was it I didn't want to put up as much as you did because I had already picked up a 1997 Santa Cruz Jackal around the same time. If you ever want to sell you know who to talk to.

Cheeeeoooooooowwwww!!!!

#14 2009-06-23 5:29pm

muphasta
Pro Tester

Get in line!!!

I've been wanting an S&M ever since looking at this web site. I'm fairly new to BMX and I haven't seen a product from them that hasn't been at least interesting!!

#15 2009-06-25 7:01am

Deacon
"big balls in cow town"

Nice bike!  Love the "bag."

Hi ten steel 4 life!

#16 2009-06-25 7:37am

muphasta
Pro Tester

Deacon wrote:

Nice bike!  Love the "bag."

Thanks! It is for douche's that I carry for you! lol

Since I was cruising w/the wife, I had to have a place for her keys, my wallet, my millions of Turkish Lira...

#17 2012-02-12 9:26am

77stroker2
Pro MemberThread Killer
Bikes: 8

I Can't Wait Until The Day I Get A 24' S&M ! I Want One Bad,And Hope Mine Is As Sick As Yours ! Instant Flavor ! big_smile

Ken=The Number 1 Poser !
Desert Storm Vet. US Navy FC2  ( 1986-1991 )

Left Old Junk ( I Mean Old School)  For New School! Love "THE DARK SIDE"!
As Craig Ferguson Would Say," I Look Forward To Your Hate Mail " !
[img]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/shitmyrompers/Modern%20Muscle%20Cars/aaf1aff9-d865-45cf-b141-8ba083757654_zps8a8fc026.jpg[/img]

#18 2013-01-13 5:28pm

muphasta
Pro Tester

updated the pix

#19 2015-04-22 5:18pm

Legendofjd3
Pro MemberWeight Weenie

Love it!! Looks great and it seems like it would be light.

The way those brakes are dialed in makes me cringe a bit (a lot) though. smile

Titanium

#20 2015-04-23 12:29pm

muphasta
Pro Tester

Legendofjd3 wrote:

Love it!! Looks great and it seems like it would be light.

The way those brakes are dialed in makes me cringe a bit (a lot) though. smile

The brakes aren't as bad as they appear in the pic, I took the pic before getting them totally squared away. There is still a little dip in the cable between the arms, not sure if I need a shorter or longer cable from the frame to the noodle to take care of that, but they stop amazingly and I don't really care how they look, as long as they work as they are supposed to.

It weighs in at just over 26 pounds.

#21 2017-06-22 2:51pm

RadicalNick
Retired ODSY HRDR
Bikes: 14

That sucker is dripping with cool parts. yikes

44t BMX Club - NC Chapter

"Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential. But it was the the minds of 11 year olds that could see that potential."
Craig Stecyk - Skateboarder Magazine - 1975

#22 2017-06-22 4:51pm

muphasta
Pro Tester

RadicalNick wrote:

That sucker is dripping with cool parts. yikes

Now in the hands of another member!

Board footer