Re: i think im done

Hanzo and Saylor must be boyfriend and girlfriend. How cute

#27 2009-06-09 8:14am

NeRDBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 27
For Sale: 4

WOW I didn't even notice the FRANK YOU, until I just read back over it....Thats kinda ridiculous.

DEFINITELY DIALED IN!

#28 2009-06-09 8:26am

kwmaes
Expert

See Ya Take Care Frank You

#29 2009-06-09 8:28am

RusT808
Hawaiian Built

saylr
frank you, too. don't know ya and from your attitude, don't wanna.

Last edited by RusT808 (2009-06-09 8:29am)

SHOOTS, BRAH!!

#30 2009-06-09 8:43am

AGUILAR3
Museum Addict
Bikes: 29
Website

saylor wrote:

well guys and gals -

i have always had this thing that when a video game or website or anything online goes to 'for pay' ,its time for me to not be involved with it anymore.

those of you that dont know me, F**K you.

- Saylor

Vintage, OS and now the Museum has site support status..whats the problem?

#31 2009-06-09 8:48am

Porkchopzz4
Banned
Bikes: 4

Good grief.

I've been on forums from way back in the freaking BBS days. Anyone remember dialing up on your 1200 baud modem into a BBS?

And I've seen these kind of narcissistic BS posts on every one of them - it's someone who wants YOU to know how YOU are going to suffer because they're leaving.

Suicide note mentality. Retarded.

#32 2009-06-09 8:52am

Porkchopzz4
Banned

Hanzo wrote:

NerdbmX wrote:

So if you feel like you are getting ripped off because of a non manditory fee that allows you to sell stuff on here than thats a bummer. There is a hell of a lot more going on here than buying and selling. We here at BMXmuseum are just lucky enough to have access to the most well organized and active BMX collectors classifieds section on the web (seriously show me a better one). Now it just costs a bit to take advantage of (and give back to the site at the same time!).

I am sorry to here that you are going to move on and it is a bummer that you will bnot be the only one.

I for one stand behind the museum PRO or no PRO

Nicely said.  I agree with this completely

As for the people hating on Saylor.  Go f yourselves.  What are you doing to make this site better?

Not posting BS like the 1st post in this thread? smile

(which makes the Museum a more beautiful, less drama-filled place)

#33 2009-06-09 9:02am

markyp
Museum Addict
Bikes: 15

radbmx.co.uk have had a fee for a long time now and it works great.it pays to develop and maintain the website and pays for the once a year summer bash at milton keynes which involves o.s racing and a chance to exhibit your rides,a beer tent ,live music etc etc,a cracking weekend all round,all this for a mere £10 a year.like the bmx museum payment is optional but you wont be able to post in some sections if not a member.the whole membership thing works great,everybody is happy and we the members are the ones to benefit.i dont get this small mindedness about not wanting to pay the $20 here by some members,its your website so help fund it cos what else would you do if it werent here?

#34 2009-06-09 9:15am

jjs340
Pro Member
Bikes: 9

Blown04GT wrote:

haha, really......you're leaving for $20???????  I can't believe people sometimes.  The owners/mods have dedicated THEIR lives to make this site exist and you are so selfish that you say that's NOT the point???  Man, you might be a veteran to this site and you might be old enough to be my pops, but you've got a lot of growing up to do.

I'll gladly lay down $20 for the people that make this site happen.  I didn't do it because of being able to sell on this site and I didn't do it for the edit button, I did it to support the people that make this site happen.

Good luck moving on......you'll be back.

AMEN, Seriously, where do people get this sense of entitlement. I want ...so gimme. I'm not paying, I want it for free. AND I want the site to be my way, not the way the mods set it up. I just sent payment for my Pro Membership. I don't care what the bosses are going to do with it because I see it as paying for a service that I enjoy using almost everyday.

To the mods, You guys are doing a fantastic job. I hope you don't let all of this complaining get you down. Keep up the good work.

Shut up and listen to PERRONT. He knows better. He told me so. Don't be a pussy. Just ask him.

#35 2009-06-09 10:02am

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 3

Porkchopzz4 wrote:

And I've seen these kind of narcissistic BS posts on every one of them - it's someone who wants YOU to know how YOU are going to suffer because they're leaving.

Suicide note mentality. Retarded.

well said and completely true.

im going to jump.. ya hear me, look at me, pay attention to me, im going to jump !!!!!

if ya hate what has happened and you want to leave, leave.

Last edited by Draw (2009-06-09 10:03am)

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

#36 2009-06-09 10:09am

tcbmx
Museum Addict
Bikes: 8

When you leave, take Frank with ya, I've been seeing him around too much.smile

What's the point of having a bike if you're not going to ride it?

#37 2009-06-09 10:15am

daemon
For Sale Restricted
Website

lol, did any of you noobs check his stats, he's got more posts and time in than "most" of you punks added together. If he wants to deke, for whatever reason, he deserved a warm send off, not a ripping from a bunch of wet nose johnny come latelys...

I for one, and sorry to see anyone go, and it especially saddens me to see someone who helped build this site to what it is, it was his posts, and his work helping many riders grow up and become so called "pros". Paying the $20 bucks doesnt fill the forum, doesnt fill the museum, and doesnt make you any better than a guy who's posted 2700+ posts and spent years here.

Dont you see why he'd angry? No, of course not, most of you can't see past your keyboard, I can understand both sides, He doesnt like the changes that are happening to the site, and you guys think that anyone who doesnt like what had happened to the site should either just get over it or leave. I think both sides need to do some growing up, that f-you to the world that doesnt know him was enough for seasoned veterans to turn on him, after thousands of words and pictures contributed by this guy, you all judge him on his last word. nice.

Well, some are getting over it, and some are leaving, and we shouldnt be in such a rush to see them leave, wtf does some punk with 10 posts know about BMX? When we lose our "elders" we lose knowledge that has taken years to grow.

I hope that everyone of them do come back, and Im not being sarcastic or mean, I really do hope they come back, even if they have to put up with self-important arses who think thier sh!t dont stink becuase they spent a lousy 20 bucks..

#38 2009-06-09 10:24am

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
Bikes: 7

daemon wrote:

lol, did any of you noobs check his stats, he's got more posts and time in than "most" of you punks added together. If he wants to deke, for whatever reason, he deserved a warm send off, not a ripping from a bunch of wet nose johnny come latelys...

I for one, and sorry to see anyone go, and it especially saddens me to see someone who helped build this site to what it is, it was his posts, and his work helping many riders grow up and become so called "pros". Paying the $20 bucks doesnt fill the forum, doesnt fill the museum, and doesnt make you any better than a guy who's posted 2700+ posts and spent years here.

Dont you see why he'd angry? No, of course not, most of you can't see past your keyboard, I can understand both sides, He doesnt like the changes that are happening to the site, and you guys think that anyone who doesnt like what had happened to the site should either just get over it or leave. I think both sides need to do some growing up, that f-you to the world that doesnt know him was enough for seasoned veterans to turn on him, after thousands of words and pictures contributed by this guy, you all judge him on his last word. nice.

Well, some are getting over it, and some are leaving, and we shouldnt be in such a rush to see them leave, wtf does some punk with 10 posts know about BMX? When we lose our "elders" we lose knowledge that has taken years to grow.

I hope that everyone of them do come back, and Im not being sarcastic or mean, I really do hope they come back, even if they have to put up with self-important arses who think thier sh!t dont stink becuase they spent a lousy 20 bucks..

Ya yer right, we should probably all just bend over backwards, and kiss his a$$ to stay after he basically told everyone to F**K off roll sounds like a keeper! hmm

I love dead people....

#39 2009-06-09 10:27am

Blown04GT
Intermediate
Bikes: 16
Website

I didn't realize post count and join date = knowledge or contribution.......or age.  And I don't see anyone in this thread saying they are better than anyone because they contributed $20.

I see his side too - he doesn't like it now so he's leaving (that's fine and dandy).  It's the attitude that triggers people to react that way.  It's obvious he is trying to attract attention to himself.  If he wasn't, he would have simply pm'd Gary and Nate and said his goodbyes.

I understand what you're saying about some of the comments that just weren't necessary, but Saylor asked for it.  No, that's not me agreeing with them, because I didn't post any, but he was prodding for it.

Carry on.

Needed: S&M Holmes from 97-99 with original decals
PM me with any S&M goods you have for sale.......I might need them big_smile

#40 2009-06-09 10:28am

five
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 1
Website

daemon wrote:

I don't know why I am even going to try here, but.... 

Why does "his stats" make him better more knowledgeable than anyone else?  Is the extent of BMX knowledge based on how many posts someone has on BMX museum?  I bet there are guys that have never even heard of the BMXmuseum that know more than any of us.  Is Bob Haro on here somewhere?  How many posts does he have?

Why are those who spend $20 for a good site “self indulgent†?  What makes you better than them because you don’t spend $20?

It is what it is…  I don’t want people to go either, regardless if I spent $20 or not.  I have learned a lot here, and hope to learn more.  All I am learning lately, is how to spar back and forth about worthless crap that has nothing to do with BMX.

I do agree though, why post??  Are you looking for someone to beg for you to come back?  Waiting for someone to change the rules because you are leaving?  Looking for a hand-out?

Go about your business, it sucks that it is that way…  but just go…  hope you come back and help out us “noobs† that have few posts.

Daemon…  nothing against ya bud, just agreeing to disagree a little bit…  and also agree.  No worries!  big_smile

#41 2009-06-09 10:31am

Porkchopzz4
Banned

Mr. Z wrote:

I have to agree with Daemon on this.  Saylor is a fellow Texan and he knows some riding spots that will make you head spin.  He has contributed to the museum and indeed a sad day to lose a veteran.   

Saylor, I am sorry that your leaving and the door is always open for you to come back.

I was this close to leaving too but saw what skinny has wrote.  He said there are some more changes in the FS section and hopefully he ll bring something back.  (Please dont bash me)  and that gives me hope otherwise all will be lost for me.. 

If you have something personal to say to me,  Send me pm and we ll straighten it out.  (me being a douche or whatever)  (night  chat people - hush! tongue )

But posting this like he has, he just wants to be begged to stay. It's childish. He could have the cure for cancer, but with this attitude, a lot of people aren't going to want to have anything to do with him.

#42 2009-06-09 10:40am

1981bmx
Expert
Bikes: 6

its olnly $20 whats the big deal.  Is it the principal?  Somebody put alot of time and effort into this website.

#43 2009-06-09 10:50am

Draw

its not the time he was here, its not the contribution he made, its not him wanting to leave.

daemon wrote:

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/attention-whore/2/attention-whore-advisory-system.jpg

we have an orange alert !!!!

Last edited by Draw (2009-06-09 10:52am)

#44 2009-06-09 10:53am

tcbmx
Museum Addict
Bikes: 8

Draw wrote:

its not the time he was here, its not the contribution he made, its not him wanting to leave.

daemon wrote:

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/at … system.jpg

we have an orange alert !!!!

lol

What's the point of having a bike if you're not going to ride it?

#45 2009-06-09 10:54am

b2187101
Intermediate

daemon, I'm old and know about BMX... I just don't post here often.  Didn't have the means to buy 75 BMX bikes when I was a kid... don't have the means to now, but my lack of posts and non-existent (for the moment) bikes in the museum doesn't mean I'm a "punk".  I'm sure there are plenty of sub-30-year olds with hundreds of posts who were like 1 year old when 80s bikes were being made and people like me were racing.  I just don't see a good correlation to number of posts and being a wise elder?  wink  I'm probably not going to pay $20 because I really don't have any intention of sell, but that doesn't keep me off the site.  Pay if you want, don't if you don't.  It's their site, their rules.  Live with it.

#46 2009-06-09 10:57am

b2187101
Intermediate

ooh, I've got 106 posts.  I'm getting smarter! big_smile

#47 2009-06-09 10:59am

daemon
For Sale Restricted
Website

I dont take any responses personal, everyone is entitled to speak up, I dont recall telling anyone to STFU, a typically mean and lazy reponse, and no I dont agree completely with his whole post either, but I can say so without ignorance/arogence that some others have displayed.

Maybe he wanted us all to beg him to stay, maybe not, I dont recall him saying so in his post, nor do I see him replying to this thread, so maybe its not a hallow attention grabbing threat, maybe its real.

and oh ya, Id think that someone with 4 years and 2700 posts would know a lilttle more than some 70 post guy who only showed up last week.

He wasnt asking anyone to k!ss his ass, after 4 years on here, I feel he was appologizing for leaving, maybe because he feels he is betraying an old friend, turning his back on the site.

When I mentioned his posts, I did so becuase you guys seem to think he didnt contribute to this site already,  4 years of his life was spent on here, if it werent for guys like him, you would have f-all to read but garys and nates posts. The admin/mods have done incredible amounts of work, and we all acknoledge that, but who pays any attention to those who have been here since the begining? All those years of earning his place here was thrown away in a matter of days, how would you like it if you raced for 4 years only to have everything change and your suddenly racing in the same heat as some guy who just jumped on his first bike and called himself a "pro" becuase he paid 20 bucks to do so, and didnt "pay" with 2700 races?

think about it for a sec, and try to come back with a better reply than some stupid jpg posted a couple hundred times...

#48 2009-06-09 11:03am

Draw

if it was not a super cool JPG to start with, it would not of already been posted a couple hundred times big_smile

daemon wrote:

and oh ya, Id think that someone with 4 years and 2700 posts would know a lilttle more than some 70 post guy who only showed up last week.

i dont. if this was the case the first member here would be the smartest member here and the last would be the dumbest.
nothing could be farther from the truth.

#49 2009-06-09 11:04am

crash-endo
Bikes: 35

what a bunch of tards, the frank you was most likely meant in jest.....what a bunch of pussycats....minus the cat

#50 2009-06-09 11:09am

dynoNFXman
Expert
Bikes: 5

BMX540.com free of pay! smile

Eastern_4_Life

Board footer